Mospens Studio Reviews

95 | Clinton, OH

95 Reviews for Mospens Studio

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Andrea · Married on 01/01/2008

We ordered invitations as well as wedding favors from "My Personal Aritist" and I would recommend them to everyone. The service was fantastic and the finished product speaks for itself. I couldn't be happier with the invitations. "My Personal Artist" offered a few things I couldn't find anywhere else. We were able to order scented invitations and scrapbooks that matched them for our wedding favors.

Once placing the order online the company contacted me immediately to confirm the order and responded to every email I sent very quickly.

I will definitely encourage my friends to use this company for the wedding invitations.

Sent on 01/11/2008

Mospens Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea! We truly love offering unique invitations and stationery!

Cynthia · Married on 05/25/2014

Michelle and James were wonderful to work with. Our invitations have gone all over the world and we continue to receive emails complementing us on the beauty of the design.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Mospens Studio's reply:

Cynthia, You are a joy to work with! Thank you so much for your kind review! xo

Tara · Married on 05/26/2013

I got my letterpress wedding invitations from My Personal Artist, and I couldn't be happier. The suite came out great, James and Michelle were receptive to my edits, and were very understanding when we had a last-minute change. Letterpress is never cheap, but they gave us a fantastic deal for the quality and the quantity, and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/07/2013

3.5

My Personal Artist did a great job with our invitations! I provided a sample of what we wanted and they were able to do it...they turned everything around in quicker timelines than they had to and had the most competitve pricing I could find. We loved the invitations, everyone commented on how nice they were!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Sara · Married on 06/12/2010

3.5

We got SO many compliments on our invitations!!! They fit the theme of our wedding perfectly and they felt like they were made just for us!

Sent on 09/23/2010

Mospens Studio's reply:

Love this. Thank you kindly. xoxo

Emma · Married on 08/25/2018

3.0

Beautiful letterpress and custom artwork

The Mospens designed and printed invitations, thank-you notes, and napkins for my wedding this past summer.
    We collaboratively designed and customized our invitations with Michelle, and then worked through the content and formatting with James. Michelle is a fantastic artist, who took down all of our ideas and created a gorgeous custom crest with our initials. She was patient in the design process and open to feedback and edits. James provided helpful guidance in formatting and colors, as well as information and content.
    The end result was elegant, professional letterpress cards at a very reasonable price point.
    As a New Yorker, I sometimes found them slow to respond to email and orders, but our standards are high! Everything was delivered on time in the end. Overall, it was a pleasure to work with these two and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Maria · Married on 02/09/2013

I purchases amazing invitations here! I was able to put my ideas into it and they created unique and beautiful invites that i truly love.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Lori · Married on 06/28/2012

I ordered my invitations from My Personal Artist and I was 100% pleased with my decision. Our invites look so beautiful and everyone loved them. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/06/2012

3.5

I ordered my Save the Dates and Invitations from Mospens Studio and LOVED them. They were really easy to work with and allowed me to really personalize and create a very unique theme that was specific to me. The invites and Save the Dates were beautiful.

The team was great to work with and I would highly recommend Mospens Studio!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Mospens Studio's reply:

Thank YOU! We are so grateful for your review.

Nancy · Married on 07/29/2012

I really liked my invitations. I was able to customize them and be what we wanted. Michelle was really easy to work with, very nice and professional. I thought the work she did was beautiful. My and my fiance love them. The only issue I had with them was timing. But Michelle told me she was going to change some of the deadlines she has posted on the website. Great experience

Sent on 05/15/2012

Dilnaz · Married on 09/14/2008

I can't recall exactly how I found mypersonalartist.com website but I think I googled "beach wedding invitations" and looked at images and saw her starfish with waves invitation and wanted it. I finally settled on the 'message in a bottle' invitation and to date keep seeing in peoples showcases (even the ones who did not make it to the wedding). They keep thinking it is an art piece. Michelle Mospen and her team were a bit hard to reach through phonecalls but were very fast and responsive via email. We expedited our invitations ,all samples and corrections were done really fast and on time. The invitations we ordered did require a lot of assembly but we opted for that option, we could have paid more and had her team take care of it also. Ordering the invitations online were a bit of a chore but once we got the hang of it , it worked out fine.
    We also ordered our thankyou notes through them and even those arrived really fast. This vendor is by far the most expensive we found for wedding invitations but also very high in demand. They were well worth the money in terms of quality and service.

Sent on 01/29/2009

Chonte · Married on 04/26/2008

My Personal Artist was exceptional in providing their services. Michelle is a godsend and her work was definately appreciated. Will recommend and will purchase from again in the future.

Sent on 01/04/2009

Nally · Married on 04/19/2008

The perfect invitations for our destination wedding! And the prices were so reasonable. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/13/2008

Thank YOU so much!

Emmylou · Married on 06/21/2009

4.2
      3.0

Michelle Mospen was very nice to work with. She responded to all my inquiries so quickly! The overall look of my invitation was pretty..simple yet pretty. If the paper used had texture, it could have added more WOW character to it.

The only thing that I was disappointed with is that you have to pay an extra $45 in order to see the second proof which is very important especially if you made some changes, but for people on a tight budget, $45 is still $45 and is a lot of money just to see the second proof.

Sent on 07/24/2009

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

4.2
      3.0

Mospens did a wonderful job with my invitations for my wedding! I also had made menu cards to fit in the envelopes and they were such a classy touch! My only discontent comes from the lack of direction during the planning process. I had no idea on wording/content of the invitations so other than googling whatever I could find, I leaned on James for guidence. I gave him all the information, but didn’t realize until a month out from the destination wedding that there was no mention of the reception! It was quite embarrassing having guests contact on the details. I ended up creating a self made letter to send to my guests with more details. I did go back and forth many times with James on details, so perhaps he was just pushing to finish. Unfortunately it’s something that I cannot redo and that left a bad taste with the company.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Denise · Married on 07/06/2008

3.8
      3.0

I printed Invitations at home so I cannot comment on completed product however paper came in great condition.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Jen · Married on 09/22/2009

3.6
      3.5

I ordered save the dates from my personal artist and things went wonderfully. The STDs were gorgeous, they arrived on time, they were spot on, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. So, of course, we did invitations with My Personal Artist as well. This is where things took an unfortunate turn. We received our proof and then a couple of weeks went by and we heard nothing back. I wrote a couple emails, left a couple of voice mails and still nothing. Finally, I used a different email address (apparently the previous email address was the assistants) and I got a response, but still no answer to any of my questions in previous emails. I finally got ahold of Michelle, who is in charge and bless her heart, she did everything she could think of to try to rectify this situation. (Which of course, I appreciate). *I don't consider this a "bad" review, I consider it an average one.* The cards arrived, much later than anticipated. (We were forced to move the date of the wedding up due to my fiance's work schedule so the cards arrival much later than they were promised was a significant inconvenience.) When the cards did arrive, the date was wrong. I immediately called Michelle and she immediately had correct ones printed up and over-nighted to me (which I very much appreciate). However, this was yet another setback in the sending out of my invitations. Finally the invitations got sent out and not several days later they started to get returned to me. The envelopes were square and required more postage, which I had not been made aware of and was rushing to get it all sent out it didn't even occur to me. To make matters worse, many of the envelopes were not sticking and arrived back to us open, so pieces were missing, some of them were taped up by postal employees and of course they are all stamped with a notice that they require an extra 20 cents and need to be returned to sender. It seems a bit like a waste to have paid for half of my address list to be printed in calligraphy only to not be notified of the special circumstances of the envelopes and have stamps and tape covering them because the glue does not stick. Sigh.

I do not feel like this is an everyday occurrence with this company, however, I do feel they should have mentioned that the envelopes needed extra postage and that there should have been better communication, especially considering my repeated attempts at contacting them. And also maybe they should invest in better envelopes that stick properly. The invitations, however, were very well done. They are gorgeous and if none of this had happened, or even if ALL of this had not happened, this would obviously be a review raving about how wonderful the invitations looked.

My only advice for purchasing from this vendor is to make sure that you have plenty of time. I fully admit that I should have ordered my invitations slightly earlier, however, like I said, we had to move the date up by two months, I was told they would arrive in 5-10 days and it took at least twice that amount of time. Michelle did as much as she could to rectify the situation, but by the time I was receiving invitations returned to me for insufficient postage (adding even MORE time they were not in the hands of their recipients) I was just literally sick to my stomach. We purchased some stickers to put try to reseal the envelopes without being tacky, but some of them are just hopeless. Michelle did offer me some new envelopes, but things have been so delayed already, I can't wait any longer to try to get these sent out (it's a destination wedding).
    It's an awful lot of money to spend on envelopes that don't stick, but hopefully my guests will open them up, see how beautiful they are and forget all about the envelopes with the tape or stickers and giant red more postage and return to sender stamps all over them. haha
    Michelle did give us a discount and did try to make up for the inconvenience, but we will probably find another vendor for the thank you cards.

Sent on 07/22/2009

Mospens Studio's reply:

Hello Jennifer. Thank you for the review.

We "let go" of "our assistant" as I told you on the phone. She changed the 'number date' when she typed out your date wording. You did approve the proof supplied to you. However, we do not feel our assistant should have changed it. Therefore she no longer works here.

Regarding the square envelope. It is noted on our website in numerous areas that they require more postage. Also, there are many articles on our website regarding "Before you stamp the envelopes, have your invitations weighed at the post office to determine the proper postage." We will certainly print out a small card and place w/ every order regarding this issue. We didn't think of it in 11 years, however we are glad to include this due to your unique situation.

We were surprised to read the ENVELOPES DID NOT STICK in your Wedding Wire review. You did not tell us this via email or phone. We have used the SAME envelope vendor for 11 years. This is the FIRST time this has happened. We have contacted them.

HOW were you moistening the outer envelopes? Sponge, by mouth, ...?
    The inner envelopes have NO gumming, as it reads on the website. Were you trying to
    stick these together? If so, they wouldn't stick as there is NO gumming.

We certainly don't want this to happen again. We would appreciate an email with details on
    how you moistened the OUTER envelopes. Or if in fact you were moistening the NO GUMMING inner envelopes.

Thank you Jennifer. We are glad you enjoyed the 30% off. And again we apologize for the rare inconveniences you encountered at My Personal Artist.

Very best wishes to you!! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wedding Couples wherever you decide to get your custom invitations remember:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Proof your approvals VERY, VERY, VERY carefully. The layout artist may retype your text for etiquette reasons. They are human. That is why there are final approvals.

2. Plan ahead. Wedding dates can change. And mistakes can happen anywhere, anytime. Allow ample time for you and your invitation vendor. { TIP } InStyle Wedding Magazine recently recommended you start your wedding stationery order 6-9 months before your wedding day. So be sure to plan ahead! You are suppose to MAIL out your invites to your guests 2 months BEFORE your day. AND remember if you are having a destination wedding {as it reads in most bridal magazines} send out a save the date card, email or phone call 12 months in advance to give your guests ample time to plan ahead. Do not delay. The least amount of stress is best!

3. Take ONE set of your invitations to your local post master {stuffed} EXACTLY as you are going to mail it out. The invitation vendor can't tell you the exact postage as you may add a map, photo, etc. when you receive them. There is no way of telling the exact cost of any envelope.

4. Moisten your envelopes w/ one swipe of the tongue or one swipe of the "sponge letter sealer". Be sure you LIGHTLY moisten your sponge letter sealer as if you apply too much pressure or too much liquid the adhesive will be wiped away.

Good Luck and Best Wishes everyone!

Brianne · Married on 04/12/2008

2.8
      1.0

I am torn on how to review this vendor. I had originally started talking to them in august of 2007, our wedding was april 2008. The designer said she would do our invitations, So we worked on what I wanted. Come time to order, she asked if we could wait about a month. Since I loved the invites so much, I said that was fine. By the end of October, I had to call and email several times to get them to do our invitations. We were only getting the print-at-home set. We finally got them beginning of december. However, no one could print them for us! The cards were too small. I went back and asked what printer they used, and she said to send them back and they would print them for free. Which I told her was not necessary, and we would pay - I don't like feeling like I owe someone something. But she insisted. I sent them back overnight in the middle of december. She said they would be sent out by the next week (they were closing for the holidays after that until 2nd week of january). We ended up only getting the invitation card back before they closed. Middle of january came around and I had to practically beg them to send the rest of our set back. We were also having a 5x7 card made up for our programs, which we paid for, and after we got all our invitations back, she said they would be shipped the next day. Well, after several emails with no response, I gave up. We never received them. Which is why I did not want to get the invites printed for free! We never heard from them again. The invitations were beautiful; I just think this small company takes on way more work than it can handle.

Sent on 05/17/2008

Mospens Studio's reply:

This customer told us they were ordering custom printed invites and changed to a printable after the custom design was created. After they made an attempt to print on their own, they said they could not. We have been selling printable invites for 10 years and NEVER experienced this. We told them we would print for them. MANY changes in text they made, delayed most the process. My Personal Artist no longer makes changes for free and no longer creates custom designs for free. As you will see the majority of our reviews are fabulous. Remember it is very important to plan ahead with any wedding vendor and you should never mislead a vendor.

Mary · Married on 09/26/2010

1.0

I admit, due to my location, I was a bit difficult to work with. I live and work in South Korea. Email tends to be the best way to communicate because phone calls are harder for me to make due to the time difference. Michelle was really hard to deal with though. She had her office hours posted on her website, and every time I called it would go straight to the answering service. I set up an appointment via email to talk, and she did not answer when I called. She sent me an email shortly after I called telling me she was moving a bit slow that morning and to try again. I called her again and it sounded like she had just gotten out of bed. I tried constantly to phone her and email her and got extremely slow responses. I waited 11 days for a response - with numerous emails sent and phone calls made during this time. I find this extremely unprofessional. In the end, her husband saved the day. Every time I emailed him, he was back to me within 24 hours. He was great to work with.

All-in-all, I would not recommend My Personal Artist. While the invitations were GORGEOUS, it was not worth the stress, time and money I had to put into it.

Sent on 11/06/2010

Mospens Studio's reply:

I'm glad you thought our invitations were gorgeous. Thank you!

A 0.0 for responsiveness? James and I both responded to your emails on NUMEROUS occasions over one year, between 10/2009 - 2/2010. Your review is unfair and you are simply not telling the full truth.

0.6
      0.0

If you are looking for real wedding invitations I advise that you do not use Mospens Studio. The invitations are not as advertised, the artwork is beautiful however the quality of the paper and printing is worse that if you were to use Minted or another online invitation service. The envelopes were so thin you could see the invitation through them. Completely not worth the money. Either find something less expensive so you get what you pay for or use I real stationary artist.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Mospens Studio's reply:

Over 17 years we have NOT had ONE bad review. >> Invitations were exactly as advertised. Customer approved and LOVED her proof. Customer had invitations in her hands 26 days before her mother emailed and complained to us wanting a refund on the PROFIT from the invitation suite her daughter loved and approved for printing. In 17 years we never experienced such a case. Even American Express denied her requested dispute. ... At Mospens Studio we are overwhelmed by the GREAT support of our very small business and amazed by the RAVE REVIEWS from our many many wonderful clients and customers from London, Hong Kong, to New York. Thank you to all of our kind, loyal and amazing clients. We are blessed to work with you. xo