Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens Reviews

49 | Delray Beach, FL

49 Reviews for Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens

• Leanna T.

Leanna · Married on 03/02/2013

With every single interaction, phone call, meeting, and email I had with the folks at the Morikami, I became more and more confident that I had made absolutely the right decision in choosing them for my ceremony and reception. We worked with Alanna, who eventually went on maternity leave, and Melissa--both were amazingly friendly, competent, reassuring, and 100% on the ball. They walked us through our choices, helped us select from the myriad available options, and were accommodating in the extreme. They even let us try the wine (it was good!) so we'd know if we needed to bring in our own (we didn't).

The wedding itself went off without a hitch. I went about getting ready and having photos taken while the Morikami's staff set everything up--I never had to worry about it even once. The food was outrageously good and guests couldn't stop commenting about how it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever seen.

I'd recommend the Morikami without reservations and in the highest possible terms. It was a huge part of making our wedding a seriously perfect evening.

Sent on 03/10/2013

Amy · Married on 02/24/2013

Everyone there was so professional, my wedding coordinator was phenomenal. She had to put up with a lot of craziness that night. I would definitely recommend that venue for anyone getting married. It is a beautiful site and the food was delicious.

Sent on 08/05/2013

I can not thank Melissa, the Cornell Cafe and all of their staff enough! When a 10% chance of rain decided to rain on our reception, they moved everything inside, even though the museum wasn't set up originally for the reception. No one even mentions the rain delay when they talk about the wedding because they absolutely loved how accomidating they were and how amazing the food was. I highly recommend working with the Morikami Museum for a venue!!

Sent on 03/03/2013

Margie · Married on 11/10/2012

First- the Morikami is the most BEAUTIFUL place to get married. Unbelievable photo opportunities.

I can't thank them enough for all you did to make our daughter Sarah and Geoff's wedding as amazing as it turned out.
    They really helped us out along the way. You are a top professional event coordinator!!
    The list of vendors that they have are all the top of their profession and a pleasure to work with.

From the first meeting to the last dance, everything was run smoothly.
    On the day of the wedding- everything was flawless. They definitely made it so we were stress free and able to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Cornell Caterers did a fantastic job and everyone raved about the food.

I am so glad we had our wedding at the Morikami Museum.
    All I can say is INCREDIBLE!!! and
    THANKS

Sent on 12/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2012

Fantastic venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. I couldn't have asked for a better outdoor ceremony and reception spot.

While the place is gorgeous, I think the people there really make it such a great choice. The team there (Alanna, Marci, Christie) are all wonderful, helpful, and really just want you to have a great wedding there. Alanna was about to go and buy us a cake when our cake vendor almost didn't arrive and Marci was there minutes before my ceremony hunting down fabric tape to fix a rip in my dress. And I can't say enough about how much Alanna does during the wedding. She was always around asking if we needed anything and even did that for our families. They make setting up/breaking down weddings look easy.

They are all a one stop shop when it comes to helping plan and execute a fabulous wedding. They have great preferred vendors and are also very accommodating with those vendors that we selected that weren't on their preferred list.

The Cornell Café and Christie delivered on some spectacular food (sushi, apps, and main course!) and the tasting there was great as well...definitely go hungry.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the Morikami. They have held so many weddings here, they really are professionals and nice people as well who really are excited for you to have a great wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2012
  • Aisra and

Aisra and · Married on 05/05/2012

Amazing venue...just perfect! The staff was great especially Alanna the event manager at the gardens. She helped us along the way, provided us with a list of vendors we could use, was very accommodating when we wanted to use others and took the time to go over everything and anything. On the day of the wedding - she made it so easy for us that we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Laura · Married on 10/23/2011

from the moment i laid eyes on the morikami gardens, i knew that was where i wanted to get married. The place is breathtaking, literally, and Alanna, their event coordinator, is incredible.
    I had a beautiful garden ceremony there on a bright and crisp October morning, and while i was walking down the side of the old museum, towards my soon to be husband standing by the lake, it felt like a dream. after the ceremony we held a luncheon at the Cornell cafe, where the service was top notch and the quality of food unbeatable.
    with an abundance of photo ready spots, my pictures came out unbelievable, and the guests loved the place.
    i cannot wait for my 10 year wedding anniversary, to renew my vows at this wonderful, tranquil, beautiful place.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2010

My daughter's wedding was spectacular! For many months we worked with Melissa, in planning our special day. I can't say enough about Melissa...WOW! She was so involved with every detail and was spot on the actual day of wedding. The ceremony and reception was decorated and absolutely beautiful! I had nothing to worry about and was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding! Melissa took charge of the entire day. She coordinated with each vendor and thought of every possible detail leading up to our special day. The gardens were amazing and this was visible in our pictures. Thanks so much Melissa! You are the BEST!!!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Susan · Married on 06/19/2010

This was the most BEAUTIFUL place to get married. We had our ceremony outside (on the lake) and then our reception inside the museum. I have no words for how beautiful everything was. We just received our pictures, and they are GORGEOUS with all the colors of the gardens. The Cornell Cafe (the restaurant within the gardens) caters, and the food was to DIE FOR. I didn't eat much (because I was hyped up and busy dancing), but everyone has told me that it was best food they've ever had at a wedding! Alanna was super friendly and incredibly helpful during all our meetings. I would highly recommend this place!

Sent on 08/07/2010

kelly · Married on 03/05/2010

All I can say is INCREDIBLE! The grounds are beyond beautiful, the photo ops are endless, and the staff is on point! The 2 women handling the venues are the nicest most helpful people you will ever meet! They were very accomodating when I had to change my date! They went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and things went smoothly! The caterer on site, is fabulous! The food was delicious!! Our wedding day was picture perfect! Thank you everyone for your hard work and patience!!

Sent on 03/24/2010

Cindi · Married on 10/24/2005

This was my Daughter and son in laws wedding... ( April 25, 2015 ) Absolutely Beautiful!
    I can't think of anything negative from that night. Everything was fantastic. Right down to an alligator sighting when they were having their pictures taken..( No worries. Alanna was right on it and immediately had it removed from the park ) The only hiccup was we started a little late because of a small sun shower but that had nothing to do with venue.
    I can't tell you how many people came up to us and told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. Its been three weeks now and i'm still hearing that. :-)
    The food was delicious, The view was fantastic, and Alanna is a true professional in ever facet of her job. Its obvious she has done this many times before. From the moment we met with her until the very last guest left the evening of the wedding she was right there, making sure everything went as planned. And it did.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Erica · Married on 10/06/2017

Thank you Alanna and Stephanie for making our wedding day as perfect as it was. The ceremony and reception went smoothly and my husband and I did not have to worry about a thing! The Japanese gardens were beautiful for our pictures and the museum hall was a great size for our 50 guests. It was also nice to have a good-sized dressing room for the bride and groom parties. The food by Cornell Cafe was incredible! Everyone loved the sushi bar, h'orderves, cocktail bar, and dinners. There is such a big selection to choose from! Everything was perfectly portioned, as well. The servers were also timely and accommodating. We were nervous about the rain, but the staff is ready to move everything indoors without any issue. We would HIGHLY recommend this venue for any event!

Sent on 10/21/2017

melissa · Married on 04/30/2016

Morikami provided for a more beautiful wedding than I could have ever imagined and it ended up being the perfect venue for us ! They include so much ( catering, food, bartenders, wedding planners, etc.) which made planning very easy for us. They were so accommodating with our every request. We knew we wanted a venue that would be flexible and that they were! When we requested to have the venue longer than the time included in the package they were more than willing to adjust. When we wanted an extra bartender , "no problem" they said. Alanna and Melissa were the wedding coordinators and words cannot even explain how truly amazing they both were! I couldn't have paid big money for better coordinators. The day of the wedding, Alanna was there every step of the way. When my dress got unbustled she ran to get pins and beautiful pinned it up for me. It never came loose again. She continuously catered to my husband and I, making sure we were well fed and hydrated. She even took pictures for us that she knew my photographer wasn't going to get and sent them to us right away. I love Alanna so much for making our wedding day so special! Our day was flawless, thanks to morikami and all the great people who work there !

Sent on 05/21/2016

Our son’s wedding reception at the Morikami in September was PERFECT. The setting was stunning and the staff transformed the lobby into a beautiful space. The food was absolutely fabulous. Everyone raved about the sushi and the buffet. Alanna and Melissa did a wonderful job with the planning and execution of the event. The whole reception was truly spectacular.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/05/2015

Morikami is where my husband and I had our first date. As soon as I found out that they did weddings, I had no other place in mind. Alanna was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing. She was able to help our vision come through. She helped us coordinate with our other vendors and gave us suggestions. The food was amazing. It was one of the most important things for us, that everyone would enjoy the food. We did buffet style and the only thing I would change is having signs to tell the guest what each dish was. All our guest raved about the food. Thanks again to Morikami for making our wedding a day to remember!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Sharon · Married on 03/15/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding or next special event at Morikami Gardens. My husband and I have always been huge fans of Morikami and are even members since we love going there so much. We knew right from the beginning that we wanted to get married at Morikami and had high expectations while planning it out. I have to say that every single expectation was not only met, but was exceeded!!
    Alanna was our wedding coordinator, and we were both extremely thankful to have her help! She was so wonderful to work with; she was very calming and made the whole process of planning very simple. She showed her true expertise on the day of our wedding though. Alanna seemed to be all over the place, coordinating every single aspect of our wedding with, what seemed like, ease. She did everything from help my tie up my dress, to make sure we ate before any other guests, to offer to help me figure out an alternate hair style when my hair became a nuisance!
    Another part of our wedding at Morikami that really stood out to myself, my husband, and our guests was the FOOD! We knew it would be good, but let me tell you...it was OUTSTANDING!! The manager of the Cornell Cafe, Christy, was so kind to us. Every time we would go to Morikami she would welcome us with open arms and told us she would do anything to make the day more special for us. We had a buffet outside with with carving station, pesto chicken, and teriyaki salmon. Every single piece of food was delicious! Our guests RAVED about the food and some even told me it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted!
    My husband and I will be forever grateful to everyone at Morikami who worked so hard to make our wedding day as memorable and as amazing as it was!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/14/2014

The staff here did an amazing job from start to finish. This venue is also beautiful for taking pictures and was great for my wedding with 50 guests.The wedding was in June, the ceremony was outside followed by the reception inside, probably the best choice for the warmer months.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Renee · Married on 12/11/2011

The Morikami did a fantastic, absolutely efficient job running our wedding. From the beginning of the planning process to the end, everything was run smoothly. On the day of, the set up was very efficiently (and quickly!) accomplished, and the timeline/run of events was absolutely seemless. My one minor complaint was that it was difficult to get in contact at times with the wedding coordinator with miscellaneous bride-planning questions and concerns, but in the end, she did contact us/respond with the essential items.

Oh -- and did I mention that the grounds are absolutely stunning? The food was fantastic, and everything came out beautifully.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Roseanna · Married on 06/21/2014

Highly recommend this setting. In preparing they were responsive and explained everything. Being in south Florida, it's a Beautiful setting, not the typical beach setting, just really hot outside in June. We provided fans for everyone. It rained so we were delayed a bit and they were fine with it. Would have been nice if the coordinator had given me, the bride, a ride in the golf cart rather than letting me walk there while she went ahead. We did have a guest who was under the weather and they provided her with a wheelchair. Would do it there again since we got such wonderful pictures.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Anna · Married on 03/30/2019

3.0

Morikami wedding

My now-husband and I had our wedding at Morikami at the end of March this year and it was spectacular! It was truly the wedding of my dreams and there is not one thing that I wish I could change. We had initially booked the venue with someone who ended up leaving, which initially gave us a little anxiety when we found out later. However, Alanna took over (she is the head of the events there) and it really turned out beautifully. She took the time to go over all the options and even allowed us to see how a wedding set up would look like. She also gave us tips and recommendations for our other vendors to ensure that everything ran smoothly. She guided us through our rehearsal and was onsite for our wedding day the entire night. Alanna made sure that I got to try the appetizers and eat dinner even though it was so busy. She checked on our parents multiple times to make sure that they were also having a great time too. She even assisted my husband with an inside joke with one of our guests! The food was delicious (especially the salmon and Asian eggplant!) and the set up could not have been more breathtaking. The entire night went perfectly and was exactly what we wanted. Alanna really took great care of us. The only thing I would say as a "negative" might be that communication can take days to get a response, which I really think is because Alanna is so busy. Other than that small detail, this place is perfect and Alanna is a dream planner. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Cassie · Married on 01/19/2019

3.0

Dream Wedding

The team at Morikami was excellent. They did an amazing job of setting up the reception/ceremony in such a short amount of time. Alanna was so helpful and accommodating with all the last minute changes. She went above and beyond to make sure the night was magical.

Sent on 01/28/2019

We Thoroughly enjoyed doing business with our wedding event planner. She was super and she made every thing come together flawlessly.

Sent on 11/14/2013
  • Alemji

Alemji · Married on 02/14/2011

3.5

The Morikami is a beautiful location for a ceremony. The staff in charge of wedding is very helpful and will act as ceremony co-ordinators on the day of if neccessary. We could not afford to have our reception there but we had cocktail hour at the gardens and the food was amazing. We got married on a Monday when the park is closed to visitors so we had the whole place to our selves at a discount.

Sent on 03/01/2011

1.0
      0.5
      1.0
      0.5

I would love to say the experience was great but that is exactly the opposite. I had been warned prior to going from mutual friends that their experiences weren't good and I truly wish I had listened. My fiancé and I thought we had found the perfect venue and truly loved Morikami even before wedding planning started. Our initial meeting gave us great hope and everything we asked for had a yes to it. Stephanie said that everything we were looking for would be in our budget or it was included in the only package they offer. However, that's the farthest from the truth. Both Stephanie and Alana are extremely hard to get a hold of. It would take anywhere from a few days to over a week to get any sort of response. After our tasting (which you have to use their restaurant), it was even harder to get a hold of them. I had asked Stephanie for her cell number, at our tasting, to communicate better with her. It took over a month to get the catering quote back. Things we were told wouldn't be up-charged were. When we got our quote, it was double what were told and was way over our budget. For just food, alcohol, and the venue the total was around $40,000! We were told at the tasting we could receive credit for what we wouldn't use, that was a lie. After explaining our concerns and worries about how expensive just food and alcohol amounted to, it seemed as though neither of the girls cared, as they called our event planner without permission and added more items onto their bill. I'm not sure if the girls haven't had enough training/skills to run the wedding planning portion of Morikami or maybe they might be over worked because no matter what we said it was barely acknowledged. If you are willing to spend the $42,000, there are better places to spend your money and won't try to nickel and dime you. Needless to say, we walked away with them holding our deposit. We have tried to reach them with no responses, as have our attorney. There are better options out there!

Sent on 09/12/2018