Morby Photography Reviews

Morby Photography 3
Morby Photography 4
Morby Photography 5

Montana · Married on 05/11/2013

Mike and his wife did our engagement photos in NYC with us and made us feel right at home and comfortable in front of the camera (even in the rain!). He made photos during the cocktail hour go so quickly that we were even able to enjoy cocktail hour with our family and friends. We didn't even notice him throughout the wedding day after the ceremony, yet we have amazing photos! I would highly recommend Morby Photography for any event!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/03/2013

Morby Photography is the BEST! Mike & Kari are wonderful to work with - from start to finish! Our engagement photos were fun and beautiful. Mike (and a second photographer) captured approx 900 amazing photos from our wedding - it was too hard to narrow down our favorites. Kari did a phenomenal job at designing our album to summarize our wedding day. Everyone is amazed at the quality and emotion captured within each image. Even when it comes to having photos printed, they are quick, reasonably priced and will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction is guarenteed. You will not be sorry in choosing Morby for your event - they are worth every penny!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Mike and his staff were truely professionals. They captured out wedding with stunning photographs, but we never felt like they were intrusive. I could not speak higher of Mike's talent he really captured our wedding and we now have amazing photos to sustain our memories.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Mike is such a fabulous photographer. Not only were the pictures amazing, but he was so easy to work with! Mike does a great job of combining classic, artsy, and candid photos. He does a great job and catching the little details and little moments that make a wedding day so special. The turn around time for getting our album was very quick. (About 6 weeks after our wedding) I know many brides who have to wait a whole year to get the printed album! I have recommended him to several other friends and would recommend to anyone in the future!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Brigette · Married on 02/23/2013

I can't say enough great things about our experience for our wedding photography. The level of service was great, but not uptight. It was just our style. We loved the more contemporary shots and Mike was so easy to work with. Believe me when I say I am normally NOT photogenic, but he did such an awesome job at getting fantastic photos. I would highly recommend Morby Photography for a unique take on your special day.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Rob · Married on 12/31/2012

Mike Morby was a great wedding photographer. He was a pleasure to work with. We were beyond pleased with his quality of service. We could not have asked for anyone better to capture our big day! It has been less than a month since the wedding and we have already viewed over 700 beautiful wedding photos. They are vibrant and very artistic. We would recommend Mike Morby to any future couples. Thank you!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Jeremy · Married on 12/29/2012

Morby Photography was my first choice for a wedding photographer due to their previous work I had seen. I was not at all disappointed, and felt that they were well worth the money I paid. They were professional and fun, and did an amazing job of capturing a day that happens once in a lifetime. I would definitely recommend Morby Photography to anyone who wants a class A photographer!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Mike and his wife Kari were simply amazing to work with and documented our day better than we ever dreamed possible. Mike is incredibly professional, organized, and an overall pleasure to work with. My only regret is that I even spent time looking and meeting with other photographers before returning to and booking with Morby Photography. I consider myself so lucky that he still had our wedding day available! Mike's prices are extremely reasonable, especially considering the amazing product you receive, not to mention the flexible packages and a la carte menu that Mike provides gives anyone the perfect option that is able to work in any budget. I have received countless compliments from friends and family on how amazing my pictures are- I am sure glad I purchased the rights to our pictures and have them as I have made multiple copies for so many guests who just ABSOLUTELY LOVE MIKE AND KARI'S PICTURES!! Lastly, Mike and Kari were so incredibly personable, which I never appreciated until a close friend had a photographer that yelled at her and made her cry on her own wedding day! Our families and entire bridal party commented that it felt like 2 additional friends were along for the day with Mike and Kari photographing us! I cannot recommend Mike with Morby Photography enough! You will not regret your decision to book!!

Sent on 05/12/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/17/2012

I could not have been happier with the experience I had working with Morby Photography! Mike was creative, artistic, thoughtful, and overall very professional. He thought of the most unique and interesting angles to use while photographing my wedding. The best part was that during the event, we never even knew he was there! He blended into the scene so well, that he got some great candid shots of our guests. My parents called him the "Photo Ninja" because of the way he camouflaged and immersed himself into the event. Not only was he the best photographer we could have asked for, but he was very flexible and willing to let us decide how we wanted the day to run. He offered his suggestions (which were greatly appreciated), and he listened to what we had in mind as well. Some photographers only allot for about 8 hours during the wedding day, but not Mike. He was with us from the beginning to the end. He put up with my crazy bridesmaids and my husband's ridiculous groomsmen like a champ. I will definitely be using Morby Photography again in the future, and will gladly recommend them to everyone!

Gia · Married on 10/14/2012

Mike and his wife Kari were the best photographers! Mike met with us a couple weeks before our wedding to look at the church and the reception venue to make sure he knew the best picture locations. This husband and wife team captured our day perfectly. They never missed an opportunity to get the best picture. I am so excited to see the rest of the pictures! Thanks mike and Kari!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Payal · Married on 09/22/2012

They were great to work with. Our wedding was the first indian wedding they have done and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/23/2013

Mike was very easy and fun to work with. He is very responsive through phone and email. We were getting married in PA but live in CA and it was very easy to communicate and plan with him despite the distance. He is a professional but also knows how to have fun with you. He captured all the shots we requested as well as gave us so many other artistic shots that are not commonly seen in wedding photos. His night shots are extremely artistic and creative. When we show our photos to friends and family they always comment on the night shots and how unique they are. We were very satisfied with Morby Photography and would not be shy to recommend their work. We are so grateful for the memories he helped us to capture!

Sent on 01/27/2013
  • User3020135 · 2+ years ago

Mike was a dream to work with. We are so happy we went with Morby Photography, and continue to get complements regularly on the beautiful photos.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Tricia · Married on 07/20/2012

Mike, his wife and his photography are amazing. Its as simple as that. My husband and I fell in love, hard, with his photos and the way he captures the feeling of that special moment in each photograph. He just had to be our photographer! We wanted movement, emotion and character and that's what we received. Mike was very easy to work with, fun, genuine and flexible. We gave him full reign to be as creative as he can be and he definitely delivered!!!! In the spring when were looking to get family photos, Morby Photography is who we will be calling. Our wedding photos still captivate our family and friends!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Not only would I recommend this vendor to a friend, I already have and will continue to recommend Morby Photography. Your search for a wedding photographer should start and stop with Morby photography.

Sent on 01/25/2013

Megan · Married on 05/19/2012

We couldn't be happier with the professionalism and artistic eye of Morby Photography! They really capture the beauty of the entire day and will deliver a beautiful set of photographs. I found Mike to be very accommodating and wonderful to work with throughout the entire process.

Nicole · Married on 03/17/2012

Mike from Morby Photography did an excellent job of capturing amazing shots of two people who are not photogenic at all. We haven't seen all our pictures yet, but the forty that we did say are absolutely breathtaking! Mike did anything possible to catch a perfect moment between my husband and I and all our guests. We didn't even know he was there! He used his photojournalistic style to put an artsy touch on our wedding pictures. He even lied down in the dirt to snap some photos. My husband, friends, and family can not stop asking when the rest of our pictures are coming! We can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Kelsey · Married on 12/10/2011

We could not have been happier with Morby Photography! Mike was very professional and did everything he could to make our day special! He took note of every moment we wanted captured and had a great time getting our bridal party excited about taking a ton of pictures throughout the day. We also had a photo booth at the reception which was a HUGE hit with our guests! Mike has also been very prompt with everything, we already got to see a number of pictures he posted and cannot wait to see the rest. I would recommend Mike Morby in a heart beat!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Lisa · Married on 07/29/2011

I knew Mike from church before I knew he was a photographer, so I already knew that he is very friendly, responsible, and has a good sense of humor. Once I saw samples of his photography, it was a no-brainer to hire him!

Mike is willing to do anything, including lay down in the dirt, to get the perfect shot. He did our engagement shoot in questionable weather and still made the photos turn out great! The composition, color, and lighting in his images are stunning. He is great at capturing candids as well as posed (yet natural) portrait shots.

The great thing about Mike is that he is so personable that he makes any subject of his photography immediately comfortable around him and the camera. You can tell that he is dedicated to his work and truly enjoys it. He is incredibly timely in getting the images to the client as well (timing is outlined in his contract and he is often early). Some of our wedding photos were posted on his blog less than 3 hours after our reception ended!

We planned our wedding around Mike's availability and splurged a bit on our photography, and I don't regret it for a second. We got a ton of compliments from our guests on our photographer and his photos. We love our wedding photos, and we hope to work with Mike again in the future as our family grows!

Sent on 08/31/2011

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2012

Mike was an amazing photographer! The shots he took were breathtaking and you hardly knew he was even there. Definitely not one of those "in your face all night" photographers. Afterwards, his wife put together the perfect album for us. He captured our wedding exactly how we wanted to remember it.

Sent on 01/24/2013

Allie · Married on 06/16/2012

Morby Photography did an amazing job with both our engagement and wedding photos. From start to finish, Mike made the entire experience wonderful. Never once was he pushy or opinionated. He worked with our schedule and did his best to make our day exactly what we wanted. His work speaks for itself. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Elle · Married on 05/27/2017

Mike shot our wedding on memorial day weekend 5/27/17! He was perfect. He took charge, helped out, but never once got in the way or felt overpowering. We trusted everything he said and he couldn't have been better! The responsiveness and professionalism of the whole team is top notch. We got our teaser pictures less than a week after our special day and they were beyond beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better quality! The pricing is quite high but you do get what you pay for, with two photographers, photo albums, photo credit, and ALL DAY shooting, on top of the amazing quality and artfulness of the photos that we got... we just couldn't have asked for better. 100% hands down THE BEST! Mike and his team are just amazing!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Christina · Married on 06/16/2017

1.2
      0.5
      1.5
      0.5
      2.0
      2.0

If you are looking for photographer that will advise you how to stand, fix the back of ur dress, adjust the flower girl, fix the ringbearers jacket or jump in and make any sort of adjustment prior to taking the picture... this is the WRONG photographer for you. The website looks amazing, but he charges way more than other photographers in the area ..and all editing/ printing is performed by an outside company. I hired Morby for my wedding and there was NO input whatsoever as far as adjusting the brides dress, grooms stance or others in the bridal party... I would NOT recommend this photographer if you are looking for someone to add some creativity or make adjustments. Basically all they did for family and bridal party portraits was say “stand in a line and smile”. The pictures on the website clearly misrepresent the work.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Morby Photography's reply:

Christina, I attempted to reach out via phone and email, but didn't hear back, so hopefully you’ll see this response and we can connect. I'm truly sorry that your experience with Cory and our company wasn't what you expected. In every wedding meeting we attempt to clearly communicate our approach to the wedding day, and we failed in communicating that our style is more photo journalistic in nature. I apologize for not setting clear expectations. We do involve ourselves with some direction when it comes to the portrait time, but overall we are trying to capture things more naturally. During our pre-wedding phone call I should have asked more questions in order to know exactly what you were looking for with the family formals and bridal party photos, and I’m sorry that I failed to do that. I do hope that you enjoyed the candid moments captured, and the creative night photos that Cory took.

Somewhere along the line there was a misunderstanding about the editing process. Our studio manager does the initial edits, and then I spend a couple of hours going through each photo and editing them a little more. For the albums you are correct, we create the layout, but an outside company does the printing. This is standard in our industry because of the cost and space that would be needed to have our own state of the art printing equipment.

I wish we could have a "do-over" and have paid more attention to the adjustments during the formals. It pains me to have an unhappy client and please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything further that we can do to reconcile the situation.

Mike