Moonshine Robertson {Makeup + Hair + Skincare} Reviews

7 | Sacramento, CA

7 Reviews for Moonshine Robertson {Makeup + Hair + Skincare}

7 Moonshine Robertson {Makeup + Hair + Skincare} Reviews

I cannot recommend Cindy and Moonshine Makeup Artistry highly enough. Cindy did my wedding hair and makeup, and trial, for my August 2012 wedding in Sonoma County. She did an absolutely fantastic job with both. I spent a lot of time looking for the right makeup artist, because so many of them make you look overdone. I wanted a pretty, but natural look. Cindy did an absolutely perfect job. She is a genius with makeup. She uses lovely, lightweight products, and mixes everything together herself. She could probably be a professional painter, she is so good with color. After I saw the amazing makeup job she did, I was concerned that she couldn’t possibly be as good with hair, but she was. I gave her a picture of the hairstyle I wanted, and she did it perfectly—extra impressive, since I have fine, flyaway hair, and it is difficult to make it stay.

Cindy is also incredibly nice and sweet to be around. The hours just before your wedding can be stressful, but Cindy made me feel relaxed and pampered, and totally stress-free. She gives wonderful tips on skin care and explains how to do use different products, and she also gives you a cute bag of makeup for touch-ups.

Finally, I will add that by hiring Cindy, you get a LOT for your money. She is as skilled as the most expensive makeup artists out there, but she charges less because she’s based out of Sacramento instead of San Francisco. She is willing to travel (she drove hours to get to my wedding and trial), so by hiring her you get an incredible deal. After researching almost every makeup artist available, which took weeks, I had to post this review of Cindy so you can find her quickly, and enjoy a beautiful look for your wedding!

Danh · Married on 04/20/2012

Cindy was amazing with all her help. My fiancee was very happy with her hair and makeup. Cindy went beyond the call of duty to stay behind when we are running late. Highly recommended!

Ngoc · Married on 10/08/2010

Cindi did hair and makeup for all 4 of my bridesmaids. All 4 girls had their own style which Cindi was able to accommodate. They all looked fabulous and loved her!. She made the experience fun and stress-free. I noticed she sanitized all her makeup and brushes religiously before and after each girl (which I feel is something most artist forget when put under a time crunch). She arrived early and even stayed a little while to do touch ups on the girls. I would recommend Cindi in a heartbeat...she can transform your look in ways you never thought of. Oh yeah! Another reason why we loved her is because she explained what she was doing and gave us application tips as she went along... This is going above and beyond if you ask me :)

p.s.
    She also did my bday makeup which I got tons of compliments on too!

cat · Married on 07/10/2010

Cindy flew out to Colorado to do my makeup & my bridal party makeup for my wedding in July 2010. I am so happy with my choice of choosing Cindy to be apart of my big day she was absolutely amazing!!!She is so sweet and easy to work with. Cindy used airbrush foundation on my face which looked flawless ( it stayed on for 14 hours!!!)before she applied my foundation she prepped my skin with amazing skin products that made me feel so refreshed & flawless. She also applied individual false eyelashes for me & it looked natural and enhanced my eyes. I had 4 bridesmaids in my wedding and each girl looked gorgeous!!!! Cindy has so much patience & talent I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for an amazing makeup artist for any event!!!

Breyanna · Married on 09/22/2007

Cindy did make-up for both me and my 9 bridesmaids for my wedding 9/07. She did such an amazing job for us! She made sure that everything was perfect, and I still look at those pictures and think, wow, that was me! The techniques she used to make my eyes stand out, and my skin glow were almost like magic. I've tried to recreate it on my own...She made me look my best for one of the most important moment's of my life. She was also so much fun to hang out with that day too! I'd recommend Cindy for any kind of event. She's so professional and a joy to be around! Thanks again Cindy for everything!

Noelle · Married on 06/27/2011

Cindy is amazing at makeup!!! She really brought out the most beautiful side of me that she could! She is extremely talented and really seems to know her stuff! My makeup stayed on perfect until the next morning including the gorgeous lashes that were used!!! If I ever need a makeup artist again I will be sure to book her!!

Cindy made me look stunning. I look absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her. She has the nicest personality and is easy to get along with. I felt an instant connection within the first minute of the bridal trial. It is easy to get carried away in conversation so sometimes Cindy does fall behind schedule, but in the end it all works out. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and perfect look for my bridesmaids and I on my wedding day. I would definitely hire Cindy in a heartbeat, just add a couple more hours into the time schedule for girl chat. :-)