22 Reviews for Moonlight Events and Design

Referrals (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
22 Moonlight Events and Design Reviews

What can i say -- our wedding was absolutely perfect in every way and it was worth every penny we spent on Moonlight planning!
We had to start over with wedding planning due to some familial mishaps 3 months before the big day AFTER all the invites with the date had gone out -- we had no venue, no vendors, no outfits, no flowers, NOTHING, and boy were we panicked! In swoops Alison and within weeks we had a venue, food and cake vendors, a dress, and her connections actually got us hooked up with really great deals and great service! For example, the wedding dress alterations got messed up and they called on our behalf to get it fixed free of charge, and got them to take me seriously. We struggled planning initially because we are a young couple, so we are the first to get married of our friends, and my parents eloped, and so Alison really served as a mentor through the whole process when we didn't really know what we needed or how to plan the day.
We had a relatively nontraditional wedding -- an 8 hour continuous event with musician friends playing throughout the day, an ultimate frisbee game in the middle, a slideshow to set up, etc. and Alison really made sure that everything flowed so smoothly even with every curveball we threw at her. The real best part for me was sitting up in my getting-ready room in the hours before the ceremony and knowing that Alison and the moonlight staff had it totally covered downstairs and I didn't need to worry about a thing, which is invaluable as I was a bundle of nerves already.
In short, Alison made us feel good about the whole process and really took (most of) the stress out of the planning and ALL of the stress out of the big day so that we could truly enjoy our wedding. Bonus points for knowing tons of awesome vendors that we hired, that also took a huge load off us and saved us time and money.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 5/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Over the last year we have had the pleasure of working with Moonlight Events and Design, Alison, Tara and Jamie are so organized making sure everything goes as according to plan and they offer experienced planning at a reasonable price. Moonlight Planning and Events takes great pride in selecting their vendors while putting their customer needs at the forefront. We were amazed at how well they work with us as a Team from the planning stages to the day of the event. Their attention to detail and total dedication on the day of the event is impressive. They make each and every event run smoothly in a very professional manner. They are always extremely attentive to the client and to all of their guests.

We highly recommend Moonlight Planning and Events to organize your next event. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Jim, 3/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake

Moonlight Events and Design did an amazing job at my sisters bridal shower! Everything was perfect that day and had so many cute features. Everyone enjoyed the day, ate beautifully arranged food on linens that were perfect for the event, had tasty mimosas with great company. My sister was extremely happy and that made me so joyful!

Profile Picture anna, 1/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The girls at Moonlight planners were so easy to work with and answered all of our questions. Alison in particular was very attentive to every detail we had and was sure to help us with the details we had overlooked. At our rehearsal Jamie worked well with the Priest and helped organize the wedding party routine. On the day of all 3 girls were there throughout the day ensuring that each vendor we had hired was fulfilling their duties. When my (the bride's) bag got left on the bus that transported us from the church to the reception, one of the girls got in her car...drove to the bus yard..and retrieved it for me! Above and beyond what we ever expected. They were fabulous and I highly recommend you choose them for your wedding planning needs.

Profile Picture User4772378, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

What a pleasure it was to be in attendance at the destination wedding of Ali and Brian at the Whitney Inn, Jackson, NH. The wedding event itself and the other activities leading up to the ceremony were defined and executed with precision by Moonlight Event Planners, who only had three months to plan this outstanding affair!
When the day finally arrived, guests arrived at the Whitney Inn and were greeted with a bag of goodies, which included the agenda for the festivities. The rehearsal dinner was held just down the street at the Nestlenook. The Planners arranged for gourmet pizzas by Boston Brothers to be delivered to the function room. After dinner, the Planners arranged for four horse-drawn sleighs to arrive at the door to take guests on a sleigh ride through the Nestlenook property, and then the guests were met by the Planners with S’mores. On the second day, while the men enjoyed snowmobiling, the ladies adjourned to the Christmas Tree Inn Resort & Spa to relax with a variety of services there. The Planners arranged for a lovely fresh fruit and cheese/cracker platter on the day of while they were primped and pampered!
Soon it was the wedding day—New Year’s Eve! The short ceremony was officiated by one of the Planners, who is a JP. The Planners placed heaters at the ceremony site. Candles lit the aisle as relatives, attendants, and the bride made their way to the birch tree arbor. A sound system was arranged by the Planners so all could hear the vows. After the ceremony, guests were greeted in the foyer of the inn with a roaring fire in the fireplace and hot chocolate nestled in hand-knit cozies. Appetizers and drinks followed and then on to the Shovel Handle Pub where tables were decorated with beautifully appointed linens and eye-popping centerpieces glittering in silver! A special sweetheart table was set up for the bride and groom with their own special dazzling linens. The festivities wrapped up with a New Year’s Day brunch at the Inn.

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Moonlight Events and Design did an amazing job planning a recent bridal shower at an estate in North Andover. From helping choose linens and decor, to the catering it could not have been more perfect. The shower featured in the pictures was a fairytale, dream come true wedding shower and the bridesmaids and I would not have been able to pull it off without them! I would recommend them to anyone planning an event and can not say thank you enough!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Moonlight Events and Design coordinated diligently from their location in Massachusetts with us, in Tennessee, for our son's rehearsal dinner in a lovely historic building in New Hampshire. My main contact for planning the rehearsal dinner was Jamie and I truly enjoyed working with her. She deftly handled the challenges of long distance planning and I appreciate her dedication and collaborative spirit in working with our ideas, priorities, and needs. The rehearsal dinner was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the evening progressed seamlessly from beginning to end.

Profile Picture Allison , 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We were planning a New Hampshire rehearsal dinner from our home in Tennessee, so really needed someone "on the ground" to help us plan and execute the perfect evening. Moonlight Events did a great job with every detail. They were flexible and patient, and came up with wonderful suggestions. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Felix, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't say enough fabulous and positive things about Moonlight! My sister decided she wanted a short 3 month engagement. So not only did they plan my sister's wedding they planned her bridal shower for me too. If it wasn't for the help of moonlight, I would have never pulled off her bridal shower. They were extremely professional. I was short on time and didn't have a huge budget but they helped me develop my vision for the shower and more importantly made it happen within my budget! They found the location, a beautiful home (part of MCC bldgs), they found the caterer (Two Chefs, delicious!) and just took care of all the small details. My sister had wanted purple as her wedding color so they incorporated that into whatever they could. They designed a mimosa bar which was a HUGE hit. Two years later and I'm still receiving compliments on her shower! I couldn't have done it without Moonlight plan and design! They are my only choice when my big day finally comes! Thanks again Ali and Jamie!! You make dreams come true!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Using Moonlight Events & Designs was some of the best money that we spent on our wedding. They were worth every penny.

We hired them fairly last minute (within the last 4 weeks before the big day) because I was having extreme stress about the wedding and all the details about coordinating the moving parts on my own. The location that we picked was beautiful but a little bit disorganized. From day one Tara was extremely responsive and so sweet. I then worked primarily with Jamie, who was outstanding. I received other quotes from "day of coordinators" who were much higher and/or did not offer the kinds of service that Moonlight did. Great value! Jamie did so much more than a day of coordination IMO and she really took a vested interest in the day.

On the day of our wedding, I met Alison, who is a ray of light and happiness. Between Jamie and Alison, they really helped to pull things together that day - probably picking up tasks that they didn't "need" to. They just wanted things to be great and how amazing is that... these two women who I only met in person the day of my wedding really cared about me - it was wonderful!

I'd highly recommend Moonlight to anyone who is getting married! (Plus, they really helped me get some sleep before the big day! :-) )

Profile Picture Michaela, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My Wife and I used Moonlight Events for our wedding in Jackson, NH. Our wedding was a destination wedding and had many moving parts to it. We had to ensure all 27 rooms at the Inn were booked for 3 days, create invitations, guest lists, rehearsal/welcome dinner, day after brunch, and not just an amazing ceremony and reception but a fun New Years Eve Bash….and the kicker of it all was we planned it in 3 months. Moonlight Events, nailed every detail from the outdoor winter ceremony, the rehearsal dinner with sleigh rides, the sparkling centerpieces, right down to the welcome bags at everyone's door when they checked in. There was not a detail to be missed! Our guests have been calling it the dream destination wedding (a two and a half hour drive from our home). We definitely could not do it without them. The wedding week was cozy and the atmosphere was so relaxed because of each and every detail.

Profile Picture Alison, 12/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Travel, Wedding Planning

This Company sure knows how to throw a party! One of the many great things about Moonlight Events and Design is that there is no function too big or too small, they've done it all! My family used Moonlight Events for my baby shower, no detail went untouched. From the menu to the setup, the color coordinated straws to the signs at the mimosa bar- these girls really don’t miss a beat. They kept everything on point from time to mingle, time to eat, time to open gifts, time to cut the cake and time to say good-bye. As far as event planners go, these girls are the real deal. I would without a doubt recommend them for any function. Mandi French - MA

Profile Picture Mandi, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Favors & Gifts, Party Supplies

The ladies at Moonlight Events and Design are phenomenal!! They are completely knowledgeable about every little detail when it comes to planning and executing your event. From bridal shower, to bachelorette party, and wedding- Jamie, Alison and Tara were professional all along the way!
I must've had a million questions and concerns about little details throughout the planning process and each time, I was promptly answered by Jamie with the best answers.
The details of my bridal shower were of the utmost perfection. The food, the linens, the decor-everything was beautiful!
And on my wedding day, Tara married my husband and I with the most beautifully written program, that fit us completely and utterly perfect. And we still get compliments two months later about how great she was!! And I still cry reading the copy of it she emailed me:)
These women will go out of their way to make your day special and relaxing- in fact, Alison trekked all the way back to our hotel during the wedding to gather some important items I had forgotten from my room!! She was back in no time at all, and completely surprised me after I figured I just would have to do without!
Simply amazing, perfection, and I swear you will want these ladies in your life forever after you meet them!!!

Profile Picture Micaela, 12/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had many goals for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah reception. I knew she would be stellar at leading the service, and she did not disappoint. She worked so hard and studied for so long, that I felt she deserved a great party.

Throughout my planning for this day, Jamie was at my side, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the party we produced. I was told throughout the process that I was doing some things a bit differently than other B'nai Mitzvah that Jamie had been a part of. To be sure... my daughter is certainly not like others. She deserved something different!

I wanted to take this moment to commend Jamie as my Event Manager. I had a very specific agenda and wanted things a very particular way. I'll be honest... I am not the easiest person to work with at times. Jamie never batted an eye at any of my requirements and helped every one of my visions become a reality. Jamie "handled" me with humor and grace. Together we truly made my daughter's day memorable. My daughter even kissed me that night and thanked me for a great day. And anyone who knows any 13 year old girl knows how absolutely priceless that moment was for me.

A perfect day was truly had by all and I have only Jamie to thank for that.

Profile Picture Caryn, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

What would I have done without these ladies?! I probably would have been a runaway bride. From giving me all kinds of advice and options about catering and entertainment to (Tara) designing a meaningful and tear-jerking ceremony, I applaud their abilities -- which obviously come from years (decades?) of thoughtful experience. They were my lifeline during my planning, which demanded a quick turnaround on my long task list. But through it all they were constantly making me laugh and relax -- like 3 wise aunties who had my back. Thanks, girls. You almost make me want to get divorced so I can get remarried again and again. Maybe you will venture into the Baby Shower business.....

Profile Picture Hope, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Moonlight events helped plan my sister's wedding shower. I was so impressed with the attention to detail that went into the planning and then the event itself. When I got to the venue, the set up was even more perfect than I had imagined in my head! I would highly recommend Moonlight for any of your party or wedding planning needs!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Moonlight literally saved our wedding. Allison Jamie and Tara came together, asked us for our inspiration and pictures, and made our dream wedding into a reality. As someone who is in the service industry myself being a bride felt like I was all thumbs. I'm used to being on the other side of the chair. Also working so many weddings throughout the years made it very easy to know what we wanted. The venue we were working with bit off a bit more than they could chew. There were so many moving parts as well as a lot of set up, as it was almost a 2 part location. A month before our wedding Moonlight came out viewed our venue took their own pictures and assured us not to worry. Explained what they would do and handle down to table set up, decor set up, ceremony set up and day of coordination. We finally felt like we were being taken care of and in good hands. Which was so reassuring. On our wedding day when we arrived I could not believe My eyes. The attention and detail that their team placed into every aspect in every corner was heartwarming. I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful day and setting to walk into. They took our vision and made it into a reality and more. More than what we could've ever imagined. We honestly and wholeheartedly recommend this team to any bride and groom wanting their fairytale wedding.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Thanks to Jamie our wedding day became not only the best day of our lives but an unforgettable experience that our friends and family will never forget. We worked with Jamie to transform my grandparents 1860’s Victorian home and property into a wedding venue. There were so many logistics that went into it and Jamie knew all of the right vendors and had all of the right answers to our questions. She helped us maintain the vintage rustic aesthetic we were going for and recommended beautiful table settings that stayed within our budget and kept the mood consistent. She took a property that had no bathrooms, no clean tap water and spotty electricity and solved all of those issues without worry. She worked with us to find luxury portable bathrooms, to set up a cooks tent and rent out generators. She recommended an amazing tent company that really elevated the classiness of the evening. I never thought we would be able to stay within budget and still experience gourmet food, gorgeous table settings and a luxury transformation of the space.

The day of the wedding I knew Jamie’s team had my back and that they would take care of everything. All I had to do was spend the day with my girlfriends laughing and getting ready. My parents were at ease (my Dad even took a nap!) and we all just relaxed and had fun. My mind wasn’t anywhere else but on my husband that day and we were glowing with love because of that. To this day I still get so many compliments about the beauty of the day. We could not have pulled it off without the help of Moonlight Events.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

I called Moonlight Events & Designs to help me with my daughter and her finance' shower. I wanted to have the shower at a winery with a rustic feel. The shower should be a night out for couples bringing gifts. Moonlight arranged for the shower at a local winery where mimosas flowed with various fruit garnishes and food abounded from stations around the room. We sampled their wines! It was a great time to meld two families and celebrate a reunion. Moonlight knows how to listen and deliver the best celebration possible. I knew as soon as I spoke with them I could relax and watch magic happen.

Profile Picture User4762637, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I can't thank Alison, Jamie & Tara enough for helping to make our wedding day perfect! We had a pretty short engagement period and they quickly understood the type of wedding we wanted. They helped us stay on schedule with all the wedding "to-do's" and we could not have pulled this off without them! They know so much about different vendors, pricing & venues. We ended up going with a few of their vendors because they were able to find better pricing for us. They gave extremely useful suggestions on glassware, seating charts, etc. I (the bride), actually enjoy planning and like timeframes laid out with as much advance notice as poosible...they were such pros. They checked the reception space at rehearsal and again before the wedding. Appropriate direction was given to the wedding party & guests,which made the wedding and wedding rehearsal enjoyable for us. Also, we let them know some of our guests were elderly & they went over the plan to accommodate all guests safely to their seats for our outdoor ceremony & then to the indoor reception. The day of the wedding, we had plates of hot food waiting for us (I've heard of so many couples having either cold food, or, no food!). Also helped us get all the gifts, cards & miscellaneous leftovers into our car when the reception was over! Just above & beyond hard workers. These girls know what they are doing & were worth every penny. Thank you so much for helping us create such beautiful memories of our wedding day!

Profile Picture K, 10/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Detail oriented, organized, knowledgeable, talented, warm and welcoming!

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

While I have not used this company for wedding planning (for my wedding date, I have entered the date that has marked the start of our business relationship), I have worked closely with Tara -- one of the company's key partners -- in event planning for a small non-profit we oversee dedicated to helping to fund research for childhood cancers as well as support local families monetarily with their medical costs. Together, and with the assistance of a small army of dedicated volunteers, Tara and I have planned numerous fundraisers and benefits, including but not limited to an annual Cupcake Festival, now in its 5th year. Tara's demeanor -- which always presents as calm, cool and collected even when the heat is on -- is a huge asset to our team, and compliments the reckless abandon with which some others operate...but I'm not naming names. As a leader, she is a quick and rational decision-maker and she possesses a sixth sense when it comes to budgets and numbers. Despite her clear talents in some of the more left-brained attributes, she is also a highly creative person with an eye always leaning toward class and detail. You will look forward to your business meetings with her and after your event, you will call her a friend.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)