Moon Valley Country Club Reviews

1 User photo

Moon Valley Country Club 1

Angel Morris Camacho · Married on 12/08/2018

was beautiful

yes we will recommend Moon valley. our experience with the good service was super great. Moon Valley have a beautiful view the pictures came out really nice

Sent on 12/27/2018

Tonya · Married on 11/19/2017

I cannot day enough great things about our wedding at Moon Valley Country Club! Lisa, our coordinator at the club, was fantastic! She made sure everything went smoothly from the moment we arrived to the bridal suite to the moment we and our guests left. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and our special day was perfect.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Moon Valley Country Club 2

Moon Valley Country Club's reply:

Tonya, Thanks so much for the kind words! I was happy to be a part of your special day! I wish you nothing but happiness, health and love. Take care of each other, Lisa Hatch

barry · Married on 06/30/2012

Victoria, Erin and Meg were wonderful to work with. They are professionals that are also very concerned about our needs and wishes to make this a memorable event. It was a seamless evening with no problems. There was not one negative for the whole evening.We were able to relax and enjoy the evening with family and friends.Stress free.
    We upgraded to a better choice of meat. The change was well worth it. The Pecan crusted chicken was outstanding.The mashed potatoes were seasoned perfectly.
    The view is amazing and is panoramic from any angle.The lake and greens were breathtaking. We had to have a indoor/outdoor ceremony due to the heat and they were accommodating and didn't charge us anymore for the changes.
    Erin ,the head of catering and Meg the country club general manager , and staff were a great support team for Victoria the catering coordinator. Victoria was very patient with helping to organize the wedding party.She made the whole ceremony flow seamlessly.
    I would recommend Moon Valley in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Sharayah · Married on 06/09/2012

Moon Valley has so much to offer! We had champagne taste with a beer budget. Moon Valley was GORGEOUS, had delicious food, and made our wedding everything we dreamed. We have received numerous compliments on how nice everything was. Victoria and her crew were excellent to work with! I highly recommend Moon Valley to get the most bang for your buck without having to settle for less than the best.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Mary · Married on 03/24/2012

We originally had planned our wedding at Arrowhead Country Club, but 6 weeks prior to the wedding we got an e-mail telling us they had double booked our wedding and needed to change time and ceremony location. Well, it turned out that was for the best. Fortunately Moon Valley was available March 24 and they were WONDERFUL. Victoria and the chef worked with us since we had to change vendors and allowed to keep the same cake and DJ. Victoria was constantly in touch with us since we had a short timeline. The ceremony and wedding were beautiful-better than we imagined. The staff was amazing and attentive and the food was delicious! This is the place to have the wedding of your dreams!!!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Mariel · Married on 03/03/2012

Moon valley CC is definitely a beautiful location for an outdoor wedding!! Mountains and green golf course in the background, you can't go wrong! Victoria and her team were great! Easy to work with and very flexible! We had a smaller wedding so MVCC was the perfect intimate setting. Price wise you can't beat it! They have amazing packages for 1/2 the price of some larger resorts and you won't be stuck with a reception room clad with Arizona themed carpet and wallpaper! The reception room has windows all around and opens up to their terrace clad with twinkle lights to set the mood! Overall, you can't go wrong here... We were very pleased with our choice! :)

Sent on 04/14/2012

Sophia · Married on 07/02/2011

Moon Valley did an excellent job! Everyone was very friendly and helpful from the first time we called them. Not only was the facility gorgeous, but it was the nicest and most affordable of all the places we looked at. Moon Valley also asssisted us in getting rooms at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio for our guests at a very affordable rate. The day before our wedding there was a heat advisory for Phoenix, it was supposed to be 118 on our wedding day so Moon Valley moved the ceremony indoors and it turned out perfect! There is not a thing I would change about our wedding day. Anyone looking for a venue should look at Moon Valley, they will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Casey · Married on 04/23/2011

When I originally got engaged my (now) husband and I were going to use a venue in Temecula California where we had got engaged. The Temecula venue was so unprofessional and unreliable to the point where the wedding coordinator there was fired a month prior and no one had even informed us. I was so frustrated and sad that our wedding had fallen apart... Enter Jen and Mollie!!!

My family has been members of MVCC since I was a little girl and Jen Rehse had helped my step sister plan her wedding. I started working with Jen and Mollie (Beale) in the middle of February and our wedding date was April 23rd. Not only did they make the process easy (i.e. telling me what needed to be done and when I needed to do it by) but they made it fun! I wasn't having any fun planning before.

Our wedding was amazing, the only regret was that it went by too fast!! Jen and Mollie, and everyone at MVCC were professional and helpful. I am so happy we had our wedding there!

Casey Sargent

Sent on 05/04/2011

Hara · Married on 11/13/2010

The Moon Valley Country club was the perfect venue for our reception. The event coordinator Jen was enthusiatic, organized, and provided excellent service. We had a beautiful location that included a large balcony overlooking the golf course. When we walked into the room is was beautiful! Elegant and understated, it exuded class and style. Our package included a tray passed o'dourves, a three course seated dinner, hosted bar, and all the trappings. We received delicious food, personal service, and a beautiful location all for a reasonable price. I would recommend the club to anyone for their special day.

Sent on 11/20/2010
  • Y

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2010

Beautiful venue.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Stephanie · Married on 10/24/2010

Moon Valley was fantastic! I was so happy with everything, it was a perfect day. Jen and Molly took care of everything! I would highly recommend this beautiful country club. Everything was a dream come true. Everyone raved about how gorgeous everything was and the food was amazing. Killer bartender too, he knows how to make a good drink!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Julie · Married on 02/14/2007

Moon Valley Country Club is a hidden treasure. I was sure I had made up my mind about a very pricey resort in Fountain Hills. My mom convinced me after a long day of checking out facilities to continue on to MVCC. When I walked in, I fell in love. The back drop for an out door wedding was beautiful. The reception room had huge windows looking out onto the same view. The wedding coordinator, Sara, was a delight to work with. They took care of many small details, such as chair covers, and setting up the center pieces the way we wanted. The prices were phenomenal, including the cake, the alcohol, hor dierves, and a delicious seated dinner, which everyone truly enjoyed. There was a locker room for the bridal party and plenty of easy access parking for the guests. The whole package was great. I would recommend MVCC, I was very impressed.

Sent on 07/22/2008

Sara · Married on 11/13/2016

3.5

When my and my now husband first saw the venue, we fell in love with it! It is absolutely gorgeous! We arrived much later than our appointment, which made Karen (the event coordinator) to leave; however, after hearing that we were there she turned around and came back to give us a tour. Throughout our process, Karen was absolutely amazing! She was so accommodating with all of our requests. Unfortunately, she was not able to be apart of the wedding day so we worked with Brenda. Brenda was awesome! She really did a great job of ensuring we stayed on time with the schedule and ensured that everyone was were they were supposed to be. Having my wedding at MVCC was a dream! We are absolutely in love with all of the photos, because of how beautiful this venue is.

The only negative was that when we went to take pictures on the grass, there are some areas that we were not allowed in. Unfortunately the areas we were allowed in had alot of geese poop; however, our photographers were awesome and found several beautiful locations with no poop!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2006

3.2
      3.5

Everything looked beautiful and the food was great...the only thing that popped up was little regulations about decorating that we could or could not do. They told us about these things the day we were decorating so we had to change things up a bit at the last minute.

Sent on 04/13/2008

cassyde · Married on 04/19/2013

2.6
      3.0

The country club is very pretty and I was impressed with the ballroom and the space that it provided. Also, the windows that lined the whole backside of the room was very pretty along with the patio that overlooked the golf course was a great touch. HOWEVER, the service I received from Moon Valley Country Club was not at all what I expected from this beautiful country club.

Karen (the event coordinator) took care of all my questions and concerns leading up to the wedding however, as soon as I paid my final payment she was nowhere to be found. I felt abandoned and I was no longer a priority now that they had their money.

I arrived for my pictures and the ballroom was not set up and all of my decorations were still piled in the bridal room where I was to get dressed.... I had to move them myself.

I went over all the details of the wedding and where I wanted the guestbook, the gift table and such however, that was never done correctly. In fact, very few of my guest signed the book because it was stuffed under gifts on the gift table instead of on a separate table by the door, like I had asked.

I had to send my bridesmaids to finish up the details of decorating the ballroom because it was not complete and my guests where already on the patio.

They never told me I was only allowed to take my pictures in one area, next to a tree and that's it!

I had to ask for someone to bring me a menu so I could eat lunch (outside food was not permitted).

Karen never came to see how things were going or if I needed anything. I was very disappointed because NO ONE came to see if everything was ok or if I had any questions.

The cake company that they used was very friendly and the cake tasted amazing BUT it looked horrible! It was nothing like the picture I had showed them. Also, I asked for a separate gluten free cake in leopard print, it had Dalmatian spots on it!

And to top it off.... They LOST MY CAKE TOPPER!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Krissie · Married on 04/06/2013

2.4
      1.0
      2.5

I loved the venue for our wedding. The setting was just perfect and exactly what we were looking for and not too expensive. HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER!! Or make sure you are comfortable doing all the planning, prior coordination and day of coordination your self. The sales and event manager was almost no help at all. I had to call them and remind them that we needed to schedule our tasting because they "forgot." The day of our wedding I was the one trying to get everyone where they were supposed to be at the right time even though I thought that was part of the "day of coordination" that was included in our package.. It was very stressful especially since my husband and I did not see each other before the ceremony. I signed my contract with Victoria who was so nice and personable and outgoing. They ended up changing personal 3 or 4 times before my wedding!! Luckily I married the love of my life and have wonderful friends and family to spend my wedding day with.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Shelby · Married on 03/16/2018

2.2
      3.0

i had reserved moon valley a 1.5 years ago and since then there have been 3 different people running the wedding part. With each person came new things that were promised and then changed. we had an open bar then on the day of they were telling gusts it was a cash bar. Then they tried to hike up the prices last minute since when we signed it was cheaper and we had a discount. Stephanie is great she really did her best but everything else was terrible.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Anna · Married on 11/12/2011

1.4
      0.0
      1.5

I had my wedding at the Moon Valley Country Club on 11-12-11. It was the worst mistake I could have made. When I signed the contract a year before my event, I was promised all these great things that were never delivered. The food at the tasting was flavorful, beautiful presentation and perfect proportions. What was given to my guests was a completely different thing. The steak and chicken were dry and baby sized. The garlic mashed potatoes tasted like something from a box of instant potatoes. We never received steak knifes to cut the steak with. I requested a new steak when I couldn't eat it. I did get one complement on the baby carrot. Some of my guests didn't get what they ordered and had to pay for their own soft drinks. (soft drinks and tea was included in the package I agreed to a year ago) . People in golf carts drove by during my ceremony. I was told this would not be happening. By the end of the wedding I was so frustrated and embarrassed that I sent the event planner an email expressing all these things. She said she was "Sorry". Thanks for the sorry but that does nothing to fix things. The one positive thing I can say about this club is that its beautiful. Just don't stand on the grass to get those wedding pictures or your wedding party will be in trouble. I would never recommend someone to have their wedding at the Moon Valley Country Club.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Natalie · Married on 02/25/2018

0.4
      0.5

My fiance and I chose Moon Valley Country Club for our wedding venue and it was the biggest mistake we have made!!
    When we first saw the venue it looked nice and they seemed to have great deals, we met with Lisa Hatch who was friendly but even with our first conversation seemed unorganized. This made me hesitate, but my fiance liked the venue so we told Lisa we would like to book it. Lisa told me she would send me the contract and I would be able to place a $500 deposit to secure our date via email.
    I told Lisa I wanted to book Moon Valley as our venue on 7/12/17
    Lisa confirmed my name, email address and phone number on 7/21/17
    I emailed her reminding her I was ready to make the deposit on 7/24/17
    No response.
    I emailed her asking if she had secured our date and needed the deposit from us on 10/18/17.
    She responded that day. Finally.
    I paid the deposit 10/20/17
    She told me she ran the deposit 10/24/17.
    We still had not discussed further information on my actual wedding plans, time of the wedding, any food.
    Lisa then emails me 11/23/17, 3 months before the wedding asking what time the wedding would be and where the reception is going to be.
    I told her I had that information and I had several questions for her. Since we have not had great communication via email I requested to meet in person to discuss.
    On 11/22/17 I requested an appointment to see Lisa at 12/2/17 at 1:30pm. Lisa agreed.
    I called Lisa when I was 15 minutes out from the appointment to tell her I was on my way, she didn't answer, I left a voicemail. I show up to the appointment and Lisa is not in her office. I send her a text and wait. I walk into the front near the reception stand, there is no one around to ask questions. I called Lisa's office phone, she does not answer. I call Llisa's cell phone, she does not answer. I wait in the front reception area. I email Lisa, I wait.
    Lisa did not answer, or go into her office in the 45 minutes I spent waiting for her.

Sent on 12/02/2017