Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering Reviews

39 Reviews for Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering

• Leslie

Leslie A Reed · Married on 11/09/2018

Great Food and Great Service for Wedding

Montero's Restaurant catered our wedding in November 2018 and everything was wonderful. Our wedding reception was in Hampton, VA so a bit far from Elizabeth City but that was no problem. The food was great and all of our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food. Montero's staff was great to work with. They were very accommodating. I (the bride) am vegan but no other wedding guests were so Montero's plated me a special meal which was wonderful. We stocked the bar ourselves and Montero's was very helpful in determining the amount of alcohol and mixers to purchase based on our guest count - they were very accurate. Montero's was also very responsive. Overall great choice!

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

I live in Virginia Beach, VA, but absolutely worth the drive to NC for the tasting! The food was delicious then and even on our big day our guests continuously complimented the food! We were of course nervous preparing the food for a large group wouldn't be the same quality as our tasting, but that's not the case at all. Same amazing quality and so delicious! We're even planning a date night for dinner again, it's almost a 2 hour drive and totally worth it!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jennifer! It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding day festivities. It was a beautiful day and you were a beautiful bride. We sincerely look forward to have you and Andy back down for a date night!

Dave · Married on 09/02/2018

While searching for caterers for our wedding at the Norfolk Botanical Garden, my wife and I felt that Andy at Montero's just gave the best service. We went through several other caterers before trying Monetero's, and after a very frustrating process, Montero's stood clearly above the other options. He listened to what we wanted. Really listened. It was refreshing to have a vendor care about what we wanted. Montero's restaurant is located in Elizabeth City, so for the tasting we traveled there. For everything else, Andy came to us where we live in Ghent. At our tasting, Andy struck a nice balance between allowing us to taste the food in private and being present to listen to our thoughts. Since Montero's is out of state, it was necessary for us to provide the alcohol and ABC license, but the license was easy to acquire and we saved a significant amount on buying our drinks wholesale. Andy never tried to steer us from what we wanted, only made suggestions to help improve what we asked for. For one of our beverages, we need mint as an ingredient, and Andy said he would provide this for us at no extra cost. It was little touches like this that made Montero's the clear choice as caterer for us. Before the wedding, we had several changes to our guest count, and Andy had no problem adjusting as we needed him to. The food was amazing, we had duck and pulled pork, and Andy told us his staff was excited to do something different, and we could tell. During the wedding, Andy brought us drinks and food when we were otherwise occupied, and this personal touch really put the whole experience over the top. The quality of the food and service was outstanding, we were so thrilled with the whole affair, I would recommend Monteros catering to any and everyone.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

You all made it so easy and so much fun to work for you! From our first meeting until we got to see you off on your wedding night, both you and Chloe have been flexible, funny and most importantly, down to earth! Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of your wedding day and to celebrate with all of your friends and family! ~Andy

katie · Married on 05/19/2018

Our guests RAVED about Monteros. Not only was the food amazing but the service was impeccable. We really enjoyed our wedding day food trial and working with their staff. Come wedding day, they knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Their waitstaff was attentive, fun, and enjoyable to work with. The food was outstanding. I would absolutely recommend this vendor to anyone looking for an incredible caterer.

KELLY · Married on 10/28/2017

Montero's was SUCH a joy to work with throughout our planning and especially on our big day. The weather was tricky but they were ready to rearrange everything at the drop of a dime if that was what I needed. We received SO many compliments on the food, which I am not surprised on based on how our tasting went. Between cocktail hour and dinner, everything went off without a hitch and our guests were kept full, with drink in hand, and happy from start to finish. A special thank you to Mel for being available for all of my questions leading up to our wedding. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Jiney · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Montero's for our wedding (the Diamond Package) and they are worth every penny - We really loved working with Mel! Extremely professional, friendly, responsive, and accommodating to our allergy/diet requests. People LOVED the food. We went for tasting and my bridal party were excited to eat it again. The second time did not disappoint either! :) People's favorites: beef tenderloin carving station with horseradish sauce, crabcakes, bacon wrapped scallops and the sweet potato/ham biscuits. I can't say enough good things about this catering company. We hope to visit again to eat at their restaurant!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

We're so glad to hear that you, Stephen and your guests enjoyed themselves Jiney! It was our pleasure to help you celebrate each other and we thank you so much for your kind words and trust in our team. We'll be sure to share your post with them all!!

Sara · Married on 08/26/2017

Nicole and her team went above and beyond for our special day. Everyone raved about the food, and said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Montero's offered a wide variety of options for everyone's palette, which my fiance an I really appreciated. I definitely recommend using Montero's for your catering needs!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sara! We truly enjoyed serving you, Matt and all of your friends and family! We all wish you many, many years of bliss :)

Kara · Married on 06/03/2017

From day one, Andy and the Montero’s crew had our backs. Andy is a not only a true professional, but one of the nicest and most enjoyable people to work with. He was available, patient, and prompt with answers to our many questions; walked us through the whole process so we’d know what to expect; and provided exceptional food and service on our wedding day. Our guests raved about the food. Andy and his team are the best choice for catering in the area.

Anna · Married on 05/28/2017

Montero's catered our Outer Banks wedding. I had no clue what kind of food I wanted, and Andy planned an excellent menu. The food and service were wonderful. Over a year later, people still tell me how good the food was! I highly recommend Montero's Catering!

Shaunna · Married on 03/11/2017

How many ways can I say thank you, thank you, thank you! Finding and choosing a reputable catering company for our daughters wedding was a more stressful process than I had anticipated. A family friend had recently been to an event catered by Montero’s and recommended that I look into that possibility. I had heard of Montero’s but didn’t consider them as a choice because being based in NC I assumed they were too far away. Well, I am so happy I took my friends advice!!! Andy Montero was delightful to speak with and had great advice about some ideas. Mel Noerr was not only one of the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure of working with, but she was on top of everything!! As for the food selections, we are still getting compliments from wedding guests and the wedding was two months ago!! Simply delicious!

Tiffany · Married on 10/08/2016

I don't even know where to begin. I met with Nicole of Montero's almost a year before our wedding and from the moment we met, she began offering me ideas and points of contact to help me with the planning. She made me feel at ease early on. Then the week of our wedding, when Hurricane Matthew was looming, Nicole was with me every step of the way helping create weather plans A, B, & C. She stuck by me and made sure that what I wanted for the day was not in any way dampened by the weather or anything else. She helped create the perfect day. There are obviously other great things about Montero's from the food to the other servers. However, Nicole puts Montero's over the top. If you want guaranteed good food and AMAZING customer services, Montero's is what you want.

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2016

We had Montero’s cater our wedding, best decision ever! We chose family style entrees, which guests really seemed to enjoy. The chicken ashley was amazing, everyone raved about the chicken even more than the beef tenderloin, which was also great. The whole team was amazing on the day of the wedding, service was excellent, food was beautiful. I am a vegetarian and they made me a vegetable quinoa risotto, which was delicious. The team from Montero’s ensured the entire evening ran smoothly, we were so impressed. Beyond the food and service day-of, I have to say we were absolutely amazed by Nicole. She was hands down, the most helpful person during our entire planning process. She helped coordinate the rentals, attended the site visit. We actually hired a “full-service” wedding planner, who turned out to be worthless, so we were so unbelievably grateful to have Nicole on our team, she was just above and beyond amazing. She even stepped in after the wedding to assist with an issue with the rental company, not at all her job! I just can’t rave enough about what an absolute gem she is. Just the kindest, sweetest person who is also extremely sharp and knowledgable. My husband made a comment about Nicole that I think is so spot-on: “she’s the type of person that whatever she decided to do in life, she would have been really, really good at it.” Just the epitome of an absolute professional.

Elaine · Married on 04/09/2016

Nicole and the Montero's team are exceptional. Nicole was always available for questions and concerns even outside of catering. She goes above and beyond what I felt I paid for, always just trying to achieve my vision and dream. She is one of the most hands on and caring vendors I have ever worked with (and I work for a wedding coordinator, so I've worked with most). If you are looking for a hardworking, friendly, truly care about your big day type team, then look no further. I would use Nicole and Montero's again and again. I love them so much!!!

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Montero's provided the catering for our wedding and we were absolutely pleased with everything!! Not only was the food amazing (we had so many compliments on it from our guests) but the staff made sure my groom and I were completely taken care of! I would highly recommend Montero's to anyone looking for a caterer and we look forward to visiting the restaurant for more yummy meals!!

Lori · Married on 10/02/2015

Montero's Catering was awesome from start to finish. Our guests raved about the food at our wedding. We choose to do the heavy hor d'ouevres option with a couple stations. They were flexible with us customizing a package to fit our needs. You must get their Shrimp & Grits! The tasting was so fun with Nicole and Andy helping us with the decisions. Andy, the owner, went above and beyond his role to give input on how much alcohol and mixers to purchase since we chose to do a customer supplied bar. Nicole was also amazing to work with beforehand, especially with all the changes that come in right before the event. Montero's Catering is a great value for such high quality food and professionalism. I highly recommend you check them out for your wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Lori. It was such an honor working with you and your family. We truly loved every minute of it! Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of your big day.

Tram · Married on 09/06/2015

Going with Monteros was one of the best decisions my now husband and I made! Everyone raved about the food and Nicole was awesome! We did have a little hiccup on the wedding day but the team was real quick to fix the problem (not food related.) We are still getting calls from family and friends raving about the food and asking where they are located. We've had a few people say the Mac n cheese was the best they've ever had and we agree with them. Our beef brisket and pesto chicken was great with equal amount of compliments. The appetizers were fantastic too and my husband won't stop talking about the blackened beef medallions with cream cheese and wants the recipe. I'm so happy that we went with them and I would recommend them to anyone!

Amanda · Married on 06/06/2015

The staff at Montero's was wonderful. We worked with Nicole, and she took care of everything - from suggesting foods that would compliment our reception venue and vision to dealing with last minute catastrophes (like when we were an hour late to the reception and they scrambled to keep guests fed and happy). Highly recommend the crab dip - absolutely wonderful. If you get a chance, I also recommend going to their restaurant just for dinner and get a sampling of the different foods they serve there - the quality was perfect both at the restaurant and at our reception site!

Susan · Married on 06/01/2015

Don't look any further than monteros! Wish there was a 10 star rating I could give! Do yourself the biggest favor and call monteros first to cater your wedding reception. You will have not have to worry about anything! They are the nicest, kindest people to work with but also very professional and hard working. All of your questions and concerns are responded to quickly and always with a reassuring answer.They go above and beyond to be helpful and attentive and they do it all with a smile on their face! The food was delicious and plentiful from the cocktail hour to dinner and their service was incredible! Our guests wanted for nothing! If you want a caterer you can trust and have 100% confidence in call monteros restsurant. It will be the best decision of your wedding planning!

Kelly · Married on 05/16/2015

Montero's was the first vendor that I booked after setting the date and venue! Nicole contacted me immediately after I called and from that point she was there for me whenever I needed her. She knew I was on a budget and she did everything she could to make my budget work. Nicole recommended so many of my vendors to me and if I was struggling with anything, I knew she was just an email or phone call away. I am so happy we chose Montero's because the food was delicious and the staff was amazing! Everyone made my husband and I feel so special! Nicole told me all along that it was a team effort the day of the wedding and she was right; she was a great team leader and we got so many compliments on how professional and fun the staff was! Our friends and family are still talking about how awesome the food was, from the appetizers to the buffet! If you are in need of a caterer, you will be completely satisfied with Montero's; I know we were. We are so happy we chose them and we felt as if we got everything we wanted!

-Aaron & Kelly Young

The food was delicious and the service was wonderful for our wedding day! Perfect, couldn't have asked for more! Thanks Nicole!

Christina · Married on 05/01/2015

We truly loved everything Montero's had to offer, so it was difficult narrowing down the choices ;) Montero's helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect! The creativity, the presentation, the delicious food, the outstanding service, every aspect of the catering was perfection! They helped us create a menu that told our story, and it was exactly what we wanted! I'd recommend Montero's to anyone looking for amazing food and exceptional service!

Stephanie · Married on 09/12/2014

Nicole and the entire staff are beyond amazing! We met with her early on in our planning and she met us in the middle of a freak snow storm. She was polite, friendly and took her time regardless of the terrible storm. She even put up with half of us being an hour late and rushing through the meeting. Due to a misunderstanding in price we initially went with a different caterer. I was never fully happy with them but their price seemed significantly lower. However that was not the case. We had actually misread the proposal. Montero's was actually very close to another small catering company who offered less services and had less experience. Montero's also offers all the same services as the big names in weddings except at a lower cost and with nicer people. Nicole has the most amazing personality and was beyond willing to make my dreams of a wedding with southern comfort food come true. She even helped me fill my request for homemade soft pretzels for my groom. She helped me track down the best bakery and made sure they were served warm and with delicious sauces for dipping. The food was so good I dreamed about it! After the tasting I was just as excited for the food part as I was the marry my best friend part. All of my guests have repeatedly complimented to delicious foods at our wedding. We had beef brisket, country fried chicken with gravy, macaroni and cheese, southern green beans, mashed potatoes, bacon wrapped scallops, and sweet potato ham biscuits. Nicole did everything she could to help us stay in budget. She made sure that not only my groom and I but our whole bridal party was well taken care of all night long. They even sent us off with a goodie bag full of snacks to enjoy in the hotel room. I can't express how grateful I am that I went with my gut and switched back to them! Nicole lost her dog during the process but never missed a beat making me feel important. I couldn't ask for a better person to help execute our wedding. I am forever grateful!

Kayla · Married on 07/12/2014

Montero's food was ABSOLUTELY amazing. The farm I had my wedding at (Fair Winds Farm) had recommended them to us and we couldn't get enough of them! The food was amazing for both the tasting and wedding rehearsal and reception. Our family was talking about how good the food was all day! We went with the heavy orderves menu because we wanted to get as much food as possible. Only thing that was unexpected was we had SOOOO much food, lol, everyone loved it and ate as much as they could and we had leftovers for the next day or so. =) Everyone was great with helping us out! Well worth it!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Montero's Restaurant, Bar and Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words:) It was such a pleasure to help you all celebrate your wedding day! We just hope that we get to feed you again soon here in Elizabeth City!

Marie · Married on 05/31/2014

Working with Andy and his staff was an extremely pleasant and enjoyable experience. Everyone was absolutely wonderful and the food was amazing. We were initially a bit nervous given the travel time from Elizabeth City to Manteo however Andy provided great suggestions regarding our meal and I could not be happier with how the dinner turned out. On our wedding day, everything went smooth and we received a lot of compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Montero's to anyone getting married in the area!