Mona Botwick Photography Reviews

11 | Middleburg, VA

11 Reviews for Mona Botwick Photography

Jeffery · Married on 06/11/2016

Mona was terrific to work with both on our wedding day and months later when I asked her to put together a wedding album as a surprise Christmas gift for my wife. I highly recommend her she was fantastic!!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Anna · Married on 07/22/2015

Mona was a great addition to our ceremony. She was relaxed, professional and gave great direction so that everyone featured in our wedding album. We were very happy with her services and would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 08/09/2015
  • User5191957 · 2+ years ago

We very much enjoyed working with Mona for our elopement. Initially, we were not planning on using professional photography services as we were focused on creating an intimate memory just for the two of us; however, we are so pleased that we had Mona come along - she captured all of our key wedding moments. Mona was an all around professional, as well as fun to work with - she captured the normal wedding "stuff," but also fun moments between the two of us. We also liked that once we received our disc of photos, we could do with them as we pleased, though we did decide to order the larger prints we wanted framed through her to ensure better quality. We are also in the process of having her put together a wedding album for us based on one we'd seen at the resort where we eloped. All around, we were extremely pleased with her services, her pricing, and her overall participation in our day. I've already recommended her to a friend and would do so again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Camille · Married on 11/24/2014

Mona was FUN! I had some crazy ideas from Pinterest that she was able to recreate for me and let me make tons of suggestions. We had a super sunny day which made it challenging to get pictures without squinting but she was a trooper and shot into the sun. She had creative ways to utilize the scenery and was up for anything. We moved furniture; maneuvered cow pies, jumped on beds, built just married signs and handled fake blinking bugs.

Mona was willing to/able to email me two pictures day of so I could pull off telling my mother we eloped! Without her my whole plan would have been ruined!

Would strongly recommend and will be reusing in the future!

Sent on 12/16/2014

My wife and I got married last Saturday and had Mona as the photographer. She arrived early and was great to work with throughout the entire process. She has a great eye for detail and really took the time to make sure that we were having fun during the picture-taking process.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Anne · Married on 09/06/2014

Thanks to Mona, we have a beautiful record of our day, which she photographed in a pleasing and friendly manner, putting everyone at ease.

The photographs are gorgeous and we have many to choose from. They show how Mona took best advantage of light and setting and captured the spirit of our day wonderfully. I dearly hope we can use her again and recommend her without reservation!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Julia · Married on 06/15/2013

Mona was amazing to work with! She scouted our venue ahead of time and had specific shots in mind for us, all of which turned out beautifully. She was so easy to work with and made everyone comfortable.

We got so many wonderful shots and couldn't be happier with our pictures. She got them back to us incredibly quickly too. I will definitely work with Mona again for family shoots, etc.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Tobi · Married on 08/28/2011

Mona was very professional and fun! She did an amazing job and really enjoyed herself... which made us enjoy ourselves even more. I loved her, and the work she did was amazing!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Karen · Married on 11/21/2014

Mona was the photographer for our elopement in November. She was very professional and did a wonderful job with the photographs. I would highly recommend Mona as a wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Mona was a great photographer who took gorgeous photo's of our wedding day. She arrived on time and was very professional. Thanks for making our wedding day special.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2012

2.0
      1.5
      1.5

After interviewing three photographers we went with Mona - her album samples won us over. Although she was more expensive, we were willing to pay more to ensure we got the best photos and album. Lack of direction during our wedding day contributed to the lack of quality pictures (he looking at one photographer, me looking at the other, for example) Somehow no photos of the bride and groom and the brides immediate family were taken. My mom told me to wait for the album as she thought it would all work out. When we received the album we noticed flaws that we would have never expected by a photographer in this price point. The response from Mona was if the flaws were on the original pictures, there was nothing that could be done. Once again we received no direction on which photographs would come out best or needed cropping. After three requests, she refused to meet with us and stated that 'I wouldn't be happy no matter what.' I would have suggested more cropping had I realized it was up to me not to the professional to ensure we had more people than bushes in our family shots for instance. She told me she didn't really look at the album before shipping it to me. When we asked for pictures in color she stated we had waited too long but never notified us of a time limit on making requests. We will never know if it was the photography or the company that resulted in flaws in our album because after three requests, Mona refused to meet with us. Though Mona has beautiful samples... I wouldn't recommend her for wedding photography..or customer service. Her lack of concern and refusal to try to leave me with an end product I was happy with was the most disappointing.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Mona Botwick Photography's reply:

I am so sorry about this. Jennifer loved the pictures after receiving them then a year later ordered the largest and most expensive album I carry. She loved the proofs I designed and approved them. After receiving the album she decided she didn't like the pictures or the album. There were many points at which Jennifer could have voice concern but went forward knowing this was a custom album that could not be change after a completion.