Mon Ami Restaurant & Historic Winery Reviews

Rating 3.5 out of 5, 15 Reviews
View more information

3.5
    Melissa Married on 05/10/2014
    So happy with Mon Ami. The day was perfect and it was such a unique and amazing venue. Very romantic. Food was wonderful also.
  • User1097068 2+ years ago
    Sarah & Mandy were AWESOME...They were not only flexible, but very much in control about details that we didn't even have to think twice about! Our wedding & dinner (reception) was more than we had wished for & our guests absolutely loved the venue & food...Simply said, they both really helped make it happen for us & we are very grateful!
    Morgan Married on 08/10/2013
    Mon Ami Winery is the most PERFECT venue for a wedding - especially a "rustic vintage" inspired one like mine. We had our ceremony in the wine cellar and reception/cocktail hour on the Chalet Lawn and Tent. Everything was beautiful and went off without a hitch. The team was very accommodating and helped with the rehearsal, decorations and cleanup. The food was delicious and the mood of the evening was perfect. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride-to-be!
    Lindsey Married on 06/23/2012
    We had our outdoor wedding ceremony and reception at Mon Ami. Our event planner was Sarah Buder and she was excellent to work with. So many of our guests complimented the location, everyone thought it was beautiful and the food was delicious.
    Christina Married on 10/06/2012
    Sarah and her team pulled off the wedding of our dreams. Everything was the way I pictured it, plus some. The food was delicious, and family and friends are still telling us how wonderful everything was. I worried when the banquet managers kept changing on us early in our planning, but Sarah kept everything under control. Anything we had in mind, they made happen. And when it came down to the last month or so before the wedding, they calmed all my wedding planning fears. The venue itself is so unique and gorgeous. There aren't many places in Ohio that can rival that. We had our ceremony in the wine cellar, which became a little cramped, but the tent was perfect for our wedding of about 160 guests. Their food prices are really fair for the quality, but alcohol really added up quickly and unexpectedly. They do have a lot of plans, though, so they helped us make our budget work.
    Tara Married on 04/18/2015
    It was a great venue. Very interesting and beautiful.. The banquet/event director was great and really helpful with all our needs. The only issue was the serving staff was a bit quick to clear plates..my husband didnt get to finish his dinner. But the over all day was fantastic!
    Ellyn Married on 09/30/2017
    Mon Ami is an amazing venue for the perfect fairytale wedding. We had our ceremony in the wine cellar and our reception in the tent behind the restaurant. One thing that I really wish I had known before I booked is that they have a noise constraint so all DJ music had to end by 10:30PM. I feel like some of our guests were a little disappointed when they said it was the last song. Luckily we took the party elsewhere and had a great night afterwards. The wedding coordinator is willing to work with you, she answered my phone calls when I left her messages. She even agreed to meeting with me one last time a month before the wedding. Once wedding season hits at Mon Ami, it's hard to get time to talk to her. At the end of the day, we had an amazing wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better location.
    Michelle Married on 06/08/2013
    I loved my location and the coordinating staff, especially Sarah was FANTASTIC. I loved the laid back atmosphere and the wine of course! What I was most unhappy about was the food was not out on time and when we ran out of food I had to hunt down someone to help as the wait staff just chrugged their shoulders. I then was very disappointed with the restaurant staff. After the ceremony we were to have several tables for family and friends to go inside, spend more money eating and drinking and then to enjoy the entertainment. Instead I was met with rudeness from the management at the hostess stand and were not willing to do what we were told would happen. Instead management accepted money from another patron to reserve three tables for a graduation, after I had spent thousands of dollars there for my wedding. Don't get me wrong, if it was not for Sarah and all that she did to make my day, I would be disappointed with the restaurant staff.
    Marcia Married on 08/13/2016
    BEWARE at the reception your quest will only be allowed 1 drink per peron at a time. No you can NOT get a drink for your wife or girlfriend. Per Connie she said it was an Ohio law. I told her I would like a copy of that law and have not yet gotten it. Has anyone heard of such a thing at a wedding reception? At first our guest were allowed to get several drinks at one time then the bar maids starting telling everyone they were allowed to get one drink at a time. If thats a law then why did they at first allow several drinks and then in the middle of our reception only allow 1. Connie was saying because of liability but our guest were not drunk when this started. She keeps bringing up how much beer we went through and I told her it didn't matter because we paid by the head count. Not sure at that point if they are loosing money or what? The rest of the reception was fine and the food was good. But this left a bad taste in my mouth about MON AMI!
  • User1747760 2+ years ago
    We were really excited to book this venue because it is so beautiful and unique. However a month before our wedding, the wedding coordinator stopped returning our phone calls and emails. After two weeks of silence (right about the time our final payment was due) we were finally contacted and informed that the coordinator who had been handling our event had left the company. It took another week to finally sort out our contract which had previously been finalized, but was altered by the new coordinator incorrectly multiple times. We were also informed that we wouldn't know until just before the wedding date that we may not be able to have a rehearsal because they often book the venue the night before for other events but that it shouldn't be a big deal because "no one really does rehearsals anymore." Luckily the venue was not booked that Friday because I don't know how we could go through a ceremony without one. Finally, at the reception, we received multiple complaints about the bar not being open. Although we were told there would be table service for drinks during dinner by the original coordinator, apparently this is not an option anymore and the new coordinator did not find it necessary to tell us. Overall, the venue is beautiful and we love our pictures but I would not recommend this venue to anyone because of the hassle and extra stress we didn't need right before the wedding.
    Michelle Married on 07/05/2014
    After a long search my husband and I were excited to book this venue. However a week before our wedding I found out from my DJ that my wedding planner was no longer with Mon Ami!! I called and called and they finally admitted the change. I was infuriated to find out they had known about this transition for sometime but decided to not allow the wedding parties to know. I met with my NEW wedding planner the day before my wedding since I live over 2 hours away. Words can describe the lack of professionalism Mon Ami chose with this employee transition!!!! Never did any manager take accountability...they just threw their new planner to the wolves. Horrible Management! Other than that....the venue is beautiful and food / wine was delicious.
    Bree Married on 11/16/2019
    Recently reached out to inquire about wedding venue/services. The email from the banquet department was extremely short and semi cold feeling and no brochure was attached. When asked to attach the brochure, I have officially been ghosted. Mon Ami was one of my favorite wineries, but not so much after this experience. Sadly, if I can't get a brochure with appropriate information, I'm not even going to attempt to proceed with this venue.
    Heather Married on 10/16/2015
    I love mon ami, it is my favorite winery and restaurant to visit. We decided to have our wedding here because of that. Our wedding is not until October, however I am not happy with the how the banquet department has handled my wedding thus far. I have emails that go unanswered. I requested to rent the cabin on site to get ready in. They now claim there is no record of that, and I thought we had paid for it it already. They are now quoting me $150 more than what I was quoted from day one. I am so disappointed, as I love this place so much. I have considered having my wedding elsewhere, but here is a no refund policy on your deposit and I have my invitations already. This place is absolutely gorgeous but the management is why I would not recommend it.
    Lacey Married on 10/22/2011
    I thought I found the perfect venue for my wedding but I was seriously disappointed.

They were definetly going through a transitional phase when I was planning my wedding with them. (for 14 months) I honestly worked with seven different coordinators. The last one was changed the week of my wedding! It was incredibly frustrating going through the same details every time I had an appt with them. Even worse the week of your wedding.....

I had plated dinners served and unfortunetly no ones food was hot. Most were luke warm but many were served cold, including my mother in laws dinner. I was so embarrassed! There was so many things that went wrong with them that day, I'm not even going to list them.

Despite everything wrong, I didn't let it get me down or angry. I still had an awesome and gorgeous wedding which everyone enjoyed! I would only recommend them if they are able to get their act together otherwise steer clear of this venue for your wedding...
    Lisa Married on 08/22/2015
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Mon Ami and rented out the wine cellar since we had 60 people attending. For some reason they could not keep our order straight regardless of how many times we called and emailed them. We went to the tasting and picked out bbq ribs, bbq chicken and lasagna. When we got to the buffet to eat that night, there was chicken Marsala, round noodles with marinara, and potatoes. The only reason I gave them 2 stars instead of 1 is because the servers did a good job. I am happy we decided against having our wedding there. Neat place but they have a lot of work to do. I can't imagine trying to coordinate an entire wedding with them.