17 Reviews for Molon Lave Vineyards and Winery, LLC

User Photos
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
17 Molon Lave Vineyards and Winery, LLC Reviews

My husband and I got married at Molon Lave earlier this year. We initially chose the location for the beautiful outdoor venue and the excellent wine, but working with Katherine and her team has really been the best part. Every time we visited we were recognized and greeted by name, and by the time we were married we really felt like a part of the ML family. I definitely recommend checking them out, and if you go with them, get some sangria for the party!

Photo for Molon Lave Vineyards and Winery, LLC Review - Photo by Emily Chastain Photography
Profile Picture David, 4/28/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Amazing venue, beautiful ceremony location, very friendly and helpful staff!

Profile Picture Stephen, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are in the over-50 crowd. We wanted to make our wedding a wonderful celebration of finding love again, of blending families and of sharing all that joy with our friends. Molon Lave Vineyards was the perfect location.

It's not just the lovely venue. That's important, of course, and we appreciated the warmth of the fireplace, the lovely stones, the historic tables once used by monks. We were happy to have a spacious barrel room for our ceremony and reception. And we were delighted that the surprisingly warm day offered a chance for outdoor photos and gave our guests time to sit on the patio and admire the lake. All good things! But what we appreciated the most was how Evy and Katherine and the entire staff seemed to share our delight. They were both enormously helpful during the planning stages and patient with my seemingly endless questions. I had a very clear image of how I wanted this wedding to be and they were right there every step of the way to help fulfill my dream.

Molon Lave loves weddings. With that kind of energy and joy, couples have an opportunity to relax and delight in their special day. I know we did.

Profile Picture User6311963, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our rehearsal dinner at Molon Lave over Labor Day 2015 and just can't say enough good things about our experience there! Evy is a joy to work with--she is responsive, flexible, and attentive. The setting is beautiful inside and out. The wine is delicious too! I know that many of our guests even purchased their own bottles to take home. Would love to have another reason to head to Molon Lave!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our wedding here Saturday and we could not have been happier. Katherine and the staff did everything to make our day perfect, especially coordinating and planning with us for over a year to make it exactly what I wanted. Our guests loved the wine and sangria served and the beautiful grounds were perfect for our outdoor ceremony and pictures. Katherine also helped us find almost all of our vendors and provided us with wonderful choices who also helped the day go off without a hitch. We absolutely love this place and are so happy to have gotten married here!

Profile Picture Elyssa, 10/11/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Molon Lave Vineyards on August 2nd. The ceremony site overlooks a beautiful pond with a picturesque dock. As for the vineyard itself, absolutely beautiful! The owner clearly takes pride in landscaping. The barrel room/reception hall inside the tasting building was recently updated with woodwork on the back wall. There is a stunning Greek mosaic tile on the floor inside the barrel room, so be sure not to cover it up with a table! It is just a beautiful room to drink and dance in! Your guests will surely be impressed!

The staff of Molon Lave Vineyards was just amazing to us! The day of the wedding my family and I were running around setting up and Katherine stepped in and just started helping! She made sure our day was special. Katherine and Evy treated me like family through the whole process! It was definitely the best wedding experience I could have hoped for!

The stories of how wonderful Katherine and her family were during the whole wedding planning process can go on for days! Trust me when I say they should be rated the top vineyard in Virginia! Not only are they affordable, but they give you a case of wine for your special day and the staff will help you out every step of the way! Simply the best vineyard for a wedding in Northern Virginia!

Thank you so much Molon Lave Vineyards! We will be back soon for a glass of wine!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better venue. Katherine and her family were so helpful and did everything to make sure our day was amazing. The wine is great, the views are beautiful and the staff is amazing.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our Wedding Ceremony & Reception at the beautiful Molon Lave Vineyards. It was such a lovely day and we had many compliments on the Wedding and the Vineyard. It is a family-owned Winery and they were all accommodating and helpful throughout the whole wedding process. Katherine worked with me the entire time and I can say she is one of the nicest people I have ever met! She made me feel at home and part of the family every time I was there. Everything went smooth and turned out great. We wish we could relive the day all over again. Beautiful Venue, Wonderful Wine, and Great People!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can not say enough about how great everyone is at Molon Lave Vineyards. Starting with Katherine and Louizos who were always available to answer all of our questions or concerns to Evy, Leah, Terry and Alex who were also all helpful in their own special ways. From the moment you enter Molon Lave's tasting room you feel and are treated as if you are family.
We had our wedding ceremony out on their brick patio and our reception in the second tasting room. We had a smaller event and did not need to utilize their big party room, however their big party room is a great space as well. Our wedding went off without a hitch and everything was perfect. Their vineyard is beautiful and offers so many beautiful photo opportunities. Their tasting room is so pretty that we hardly had to do any decorating. We didn't even need a table cloth for the big center table because the wood table is so beautiful. Thank you to all our friends at Molon Lave for all your help and support to make our wedding day perfect!! We highly recommend Molon Lave Vineyards to anyone who wants to have the best wedding ever.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/14/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect, absolutely perfect. This venue is amazing and the family behind it is even more amazing. The entire Papadopoulos family went out of their way during the entire process to help ensure that our special day was indeed special. That includes helping us save the wedding cake :).

Terri, the event coordinator, was fabulous as well. She went out of her way to coordinate with other weddings and vendors to help us cut costs whenever possible.

Btw the wine is amazing!

Profile Picture Brandon, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have been luckier to have gotten married at Molon Lave. From the feel of the buildings to the picture perfect views (let's not forget the wine).

If you are looking for a venue where you are treated like family, this is it. Terri is exceptional and thinks of all the little details. You can rest assured that whatever obstacles that may come up, like loosing your caterer late in the game, they will be sure everything is taken care of. The best part, for us anyway, was that we didn't have a strict format or theme we wanted.

Working with Terri and Louizos, we secured the tri-fecta of caterer, photography and florist. They have a list of preferred vendors, this is not a buddy of mine deal, these are people who have done things right in other events at the winery. As a result, we got the wedding of our dreams and didn't know we had dreamed of!

We consider the Papadopoulos family our family. I will guarantee there will be more improvements in facility offerings and wine down the road. Keep an eye on this venue, it will become one of the areas top places to host events from charity events to weddings!

We are forever grateful to Terri and the Papadopoulos family. Thank you guys.

Profile Picture Jason, 9/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married the day after Hurricane Irene came through. Many of our out of town guests were unable to come but fortunately it was a perfect day and this was the perfect venue. It was absolutely gorgeous!

Everyone at the vineyard is wonderful, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. From the beginning we worked with Terri Williams who answered all our questions, assisted in finding us other local vendors, and was very good about following up and checking in on us. Mr. Papadopoulos, the owner, is very hands on. He is straightforward, accommodating, and generally interested in you having the best wedding. His daughter Catherine who also works at the vineyard was a delight to work with.

The venue is very well set up for an indoor wedding with outdoor access. It gives you the best of both worlds. The grounds are beautiful and thus our pictures are fantastic. All our guests were thrilled with the choice having been to countless weddings at the same church and hotel halls, this was a welcome change. And lastly, the wine is delicious, particularly the Chambourcin. Enjoy!

Profile Picture Antonia, 8/28/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great customer service. The people were extremely nice and helpful. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and was planned in less than a month. They decorated the place did most of the planning for us, they were upbeat about everything and couldn't have made us feel happier with our wedding! Their professionalism was incredibly delightful. They made us feel like we are family with them. Try their wines and olive oils they are amazing and their sangria was simply spectacular! We will definitely be going back to visit for their products!!

Profile Picture Jason/Terri, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The staff was wonderful. Catherine, Leah & Eve are the most precious helpful girls. I honestly couldn't have asked for better communications with regard to anything (everything) we needed or had questions or concerns with. Terri was awesome and very professional. Louis really has an amazing family and truly loves what he has created. The passion put into their family business truly shows though out everything they do. The wedding itself was absolutely magical and just wonderful.

Michael & Skyler Grote

Profile Picture Skyler, 3/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had only six weeks to plan our wedding. We wanted something quaint and beautiful, but that still fit our budget. We visited Molon Lave and just loved it (and it's not just because my husband is Greek, although that gave him and Louiszos lots to talk about).

From the start, everyone there made us feel like family. We worked very closely with Terri to get plans solidified. She gave gave recommendations for everything from a photographer to caterer. We ended up using a photographer that Terri knew from a family friend. She knew we were on a budget and called the photographer herself to see if she was available on our date, got a portfolio for us to review and set the stage for us to negotiate a great deal on the fee. (Jamie Peyton photography, btw, great pictures and easy to work with. And the scenery and back drop of the vineyard views look fabulous as a backdrop).

When I talked to Terri about getting wine glasses as our party favors, she let us know that she could get them personalized, even in such a short period of time. Once again, she was on the phone, wheeling and dealing. Our wedding was pretty small but she talked the vendor into letting us get a smaller order than normally allowed. The glasses were a big hit with our guests too!

And I am proud to say that I was the first bride to use the bridal room. Louiszos and staff worked very hard making sure it was ready for our big day and it was definitely helpful having that space to get ready and store all of our stuff.

With everything we did, Terri and the folks at Molon Lave really went above and beyond to be helpful. We still feel like part of the family and can't wait to get back to see everyone.

Profile Picture Elly, 2/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am proud to have been in the third wedding at Molon Lave Vineyard. From the very start, Terri was excited about every aspect of the ceremony and reception. I had to plan our wedding on very, very short notice, thanks to the military. Terri was the reason we pulled it off. I needed a lot of help where other brides might not, due to the tight timeframe. She took care of contacting a vendor for chairs, engraved wine glasses, even a tablecloth for the cake table. She also recommended and worked directly with a fabulous caterer that my guests raved about. She recommended a bakery in Culpeper that made a delicious and beautiful cake. And, Molon Lave's wines are fantastic--another rave from my guests!

You can't ask for a better spot--a great view, easy to get to, convenient to Warrenton hotels. We used the 'second tasting room' for our reception, which already has beautiful, rustic wood furniture (no need for linens!). Our was only about 60 people...they also have a larger room that can fit a LOT of people, tables, dance floor, etc.

We have wonderful memories and awesome pictures from our special day at Molon Lave. Trust me, if you are looking to host a winery wedding in Virginia wine and horse country, it is worth putting Molon Lave on your list of places to visit.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/25/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were the second wedding to be held at Molon Lave. It's a beautiful vineyard with a great ceremony site and an indoor, air-conditioned ball room. This is one of the few vineyards in the area that you don't need to rent a tent at. Trust me, we looked!You also don't need to rent bathrooms, a huge plus. We had around 110 people and filled the room nicely.

Terri is the special events person. She was awesome to work with and very responsive.

Great wine too!