Molly Pitcher Inn Reviews

Molly Pitcher Inn 5
Molly Pitcher Inn 6
Molly Pitcher Inn 7

Stephanie · Married on 05/30/2010

The Molly Pitcher Inn was the most amazing place to have our ceremony and reception! It is a beautiful location and the food is outstanding! We had a gorgeous day and our ceremony was perfect outside. The pier overlooking the river is massive and an awesome back drop for an outside ceremony. The cocktail hour and reception were perfect. There was so much delicious food and our guests were raving about it! We thought that the entrees were actually better at the wedding than the tasting. When does that happen?! We just wished we got a chance to eat more!! We thought the staff did a nice job and were accommodating. Our wedding exceeded our expectations! There were only a few very minor things that weren't perfect. They ran out of our signature drink, our guests weren't directed to the ceremony very well, and the front desk told our guests that they weren't doing late check outs the next day (just because). In our book, our wedding was as close to perfect as weddings get! :)

Sent on 06/05/2010

Christine · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I had our wedding in the Navesink Room at the Molly Pitcher Inn in June. We worked with Kelly who was wonderful throughout the whole process and extremely responsive and flexible with our schedules since we live out of town now. We went with the Dorchester package and everyone raved about how delicious the food was. The meal was spaced out enough so that it wasn't overwhelming, the entrees came warm, which frequently isn't the case at weddings, and the meat wasn't overcooked. Christian, the maiter'd was great and met all of our needs leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. I didn't have to worry about anything because I was confident that he would make sure everything was perfect. The bridal suite was spacious however the bathroom was a little small and dated--definitely not a bathroom meant for 2 people.

Sent on 07/28/2015

judy did a great job of helping plan event

Sent on 08/06/2014

Wonderful experience! They were most helpful and understanding of our wants and needs. The entire experience was made easy and they thought of everything. The director and maitre d were exceptional. The food was delicious and presented beautifully.

Sent on 09/04/2013

I had the privilege and honor of being the Mother of the Bride at my daughter, Lauren's, Wedding a few weeks ago.

Lauren and Bryan's Wedding was the most Perfect, Special and Happiest Day of my husband's and my lives....Of course most importantly that it was the marriage of two very special people who were madly in love with each other -- a "fairytale" indeed!

But after all was said and done...we attribute the huge success of the WEdding to the Amazing staff at Molly Pitcher and of course the venue and setting as well. The Wedding met and exceeded all of our expectations. All of our guests were commenting that this was the Best Wedding they had ever gone to!!
    The level of service, as well as the quality of the food was Superb! Having the Wedding Ceremony itself held out on the lovely new Promenade on the Navesink River was spectacular...so moving and emotional especially with the lovely background.

Our Maitre D, Fernando, made sure that Everything was perfect from the minute we walked in the door and through the entire Wedding until the last guest was gone. We could not have asked for more. He made sure Every single detail we asked for was attended to with perfection. His Service was quite simply OUTSTANDING!!!!!

I also have to give a special thanks to Judy, the Director of Catering, who was involved with helping us plan the wedding from the day we first decided to host our daughter's Wedding there. She was extremely helpful, professional and by the day of the Wedding we felt she was "family"

Another huge thanks go out to Paul, who was our waiter on the night of the event itself. Again he was extremely polite, attentive and went over and above his call of duty to make us feel totally comfortable and yes, even pampered with his level of service....

I highly recommend Molly Pitcher for Any event!! I hope to go to another Wedding there so I can experience it again!!

Sent on 07/18/2013

tara · Married on 11/06/2010

Our wedding day was perfect and the Molly Pitcher was a great help in making that happen.

The food was wonderful
    Service was also wonderful

Sent on 12/06/2010
  • F

Abigail · Married on 08/13/2010

The venue itself was wonderful. Our wedding coordinator was excellent, and very attentive to all of our needs and questions.
    The only reason I took off a point for quality of service was because I had 4 separate issues with the front desk staff. They were friendly, but slightly clueless. They misquoted the price of the room on two separate instances to my guests (and had no idea how to correct it), they gave me the wrong head count and I had to get that straightened out, and on the day of the wedding they told my flower vendor there was no wedding there and turned her away (she called my cell phone so it was fine). They need a little bit of help up there, but nonetheless, the experience with Molly Pitcher was GREAT. Aside from that mild inconvenience, the maitre D and coordinator were wonderful, the space was great and flexible for us, the food was AMAZING, the service was great. People are still talking about it.
    if i had to do the whole thing over again I would absolutely book here again.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Lee · Married on 09/04/2009

The MPI was a FABULOUS venue, we had our ceremony and reception on the hotel's terrace and ballroom and the evening was flawless. Our guests still rave about the first class service they received, and as the bride and groom we were treated like a king & queen! If we could do it all again I would choose this venue again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/21/2009

Margaux · Married on 09/21/2012

The Molly Pitcher Inn was absolutely fantastic in every way while planning and then hosting my wedding. The Inn is beautiful to begin with, but the wonderful people that work there and the fantastic food combine to make this a no-brainer if you are looking for a venue in the NJ Shore area.

We booked in April for a September wedding--they were willing to work with us for the guarantee as the date was still open and gave us a 10% discount for a Friday to boot. I never had to worry about a thing. In fact, Kelly (my event manager) contacted *me* more often than not, just to check in and see how I was doing as well as give me pertinent information and handy checklists.

Day of, the event was spectactular. Michael the Maitre'D is an amazing, calm, friendly presence. The ceremony was perfect, my guests were offered passed items while waiting to greet the groom and I (they were super happy about that) and every single server there was gracious, friendly and congratulatory. I felt like they were happy to be at the event and happy for my groom and I, even if they were working!

Lovely place, lovely people!

Sent on 10/17/2012
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 09/17/2011

Beautiful wedding & venue. A perfect spot if you are looking for a venue that has the option of an outdoor ceremony and indoor/outdoor cocktail hour with an indoor reception. The food is amazing! My husband and I actually ate our entire dinners the night of our wedding because we didn't want to miss out on the food. The wedding event staff was flexible in accommodating our needs before the wedding and the day of the wedding.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/20/2008

The Molly Pitcher was absolutely great. They handled the event beautifully and just made sure that the day went very smoothly. The food was outstanding and the value was amazing. Would defiently recommend to use if you can keep your guest down to under 150 people. They say the room holds 170 people but our 145 with a band was at full capacity in my opinoin.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Dani · Married on 10/31/2009

Our Molly Pitcher wedding was FANTASTIC! :) From the incredible food to the outstanding service, we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 12/06/2009

Corrine · Married on 06/01/2019

Great food and location

We were very happy with many aspects of the Molly Pitcher but there were a few things they could do better. Many people complimented how great the food was and we were very satisfied with the ambiance and location of the venue on the water. We got a lot of added extras (ice sculpture, premium bar, valet parking, free room and champagne breakfast in bed the next morning) due to the packages Molly Pitcher offers which is great. However, there was some disconnect the day of and communication was not great. Our maitre d' did an excellent job attending to us but our sales associate never made an appearance and wasn't there to ensure some things were executed how we discussed prior to the wedding.

Sent on 06/24/2019

4.2

Fantastic service. It was great to stay the night before and after the wedding. Our meal and dessert were sent to our room after the wedding. The maître d decorated our room for when we got to our suite. Very relaxing experience.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Lynda Chaifetz · Married on 12/28/2018

3.8

Wedding December, 2018

If you are looking for a reasonably priced venue with a nice setting this is NOT the place for you!
    THIS IS A GORGEOUS PERFECT SETTING FOR A WEDDING!
    The staff who are in charge on the “day of” are very experienced and professional - especially Christian - he is amazing! I felt so at ease working with him. Many of our guests complimented the exceptional food, and service and we were thrilled.
    I will say that the sales management team was not willing to waiver on any changes once we signed the contract and I did have to follow up a few times for certain things. Make sure you know what you want when you are ready to sign!
    Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this venue for any type of event.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Eileen · Married on 12/16/2006

3.8
      3.0

Beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 01/27/2009

Brittany · Married on 07/14/2017

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

I want to start and say my wedding was the best day of my life. The Molly Pitcher is a beautiful venue however there are a few things that don't sit well with me. I worked with Judy as my sales person. She was helpful but her responses to questions took a couple of days, she was out of the office most of the time.

The day before my wedding - my very expensive welcome bags were not being distributed to my guests, I had to constantly go to the desk and remind them, they need to be passed out. There was one point where I had to collect the welcome bags myself and bring them to my guests room.

I'm actually really upset that Judy told me I was not allowed to have sparklers for a send off and a really cool photo, however 2 months after our wedding, I see their Instagram post a photo of a wedding with sparklers. I'm really annoyed.

My Matre D honestly did the best he could but needed an assistant. I noticed my floating candles were not displayed, I had to run around to find him before my ceremony to let him know that they were missing. Makes me feel like other things were missing that I didn't see.

No one at the hotel knew where my flowers were going, they kept calling my room while I'm getting ready to ask where the flowers go. You would think the center pieces go on the table, the bouquets come to me, and my matre d should know what room the groom is in for the boutineers.

My guests told me the food was amazing, I wish I would have been able to try it. They offer some of the appetizers in the wedding party room/reception suite, however I wish they would have boxed some left overs for me and my husband because I didn't have a second to try anything.

Honestly I would pick this venue again, I would just have had a planner.

Sent on 09/19/2017