Moghul Caterers Reviews

Moghul Caterers 3
Moghul Caterers 4
Moghul Caterers 5

Palak · Married on 06/21/2014

We wanted to thank the entire team for the amazing food that was served at our events! We have gotten so many compliments on the food and some are even saying that it's the best they've had a wedding ever! Everything was on point.

We also wanted to send a special thank you to Manan who was there cooking up the delicious food. We were so glad that we got to meet him.

We also wanted to give Dimple a special shoutout. She went above and beyond to make sure our event went off without a hitch. She was AMAZING during our events and we are so glad that we were able to work with her. She made sure that we ate and that the families were happy!

Thanks again to the entire team!

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • User4297008 · event on: 06/08/2014

Great food and the presentation is awesome! Moghul is just very responsible and professional. They go beyond your expectation!

Sent on 08/03/2014

ram · Married on 06/07/2014

I recently had moghul cater 3 events for my daughters wedding in the DC area.
    The quality, professionalism were un paralleled. I still have my guests calling me to complement me on the quality of the food. The bottom line with this caterer is that once you sign up, all headaches are over and it only gets better and only they can deliver that level of service to large groups....so happy to have gone with them

Sent on 07/06/2014

Moghul Caterers was a pleasure to work with throughout the wedding process. When deciding between caterers Moghul was accommodating giving us several options to come in for tastings. When selecting the menu the staff was extremely flexible and gave us individual attention to make sure our menu was complete and to our liking. Our wedding was 3 days long with 580+ guests on the final night. Moghul came well equipped with the right quantity of food, set up to make lines efficient and the quality never suffered. Throughout the wedding every guest complimented the food and went back for seconds. We were thrilled to work with Moghul and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a future wedding or event.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Moghul recently catered all of the events for my wedding, including an amazing dosa breakfast. I was in awe of the food, the display, and execution done by Rajeev Sachdeva. My guests are still calling and telling me how great the food was- the quality and the variety. Rajeev was helpful in thinking of unique ideas for appetizers and main dishes as well. Moghul good was one of the highlights of our wedding

Sent on 07/24/2014

Anita · Married on 05/10/2014

OMG……It has been over 3 weeks since our daughter got married but the compliments for the food haven’t stopped. We had no doubts about your quality when we decided to get the catering done by you, but little did we know that all our guests would be wowed to this extent by your food and the compliments would keep pouring.
    Punjabi’s love food and punjabi’s are equally good at finding faults and critisizing. However we are pleasantly surprised that the food was a hit with every guest that attended the event and they are still raving about the same. The Viennese Station was so special and the variety was so much…….. Your making the traditional and authentic dishes along with the imaginative dishes only shows your passion for your occupation. All the staff and you gave us exceptional service. We really appreciate your advice all along for all the events.
    Finally we would like to say a BIG Thank you for making the special day of our most special daughter even more special with your food.

Sent on 06/05/2014

They say food sums up an event and what guests most remember years to come. With that in mind, we knew we had to have the best food at our wedding events and choosing Moghul Caterers was a no brainer for us. We knew we would be getting exceptional food with Moghul but we were not prepared to get so many compliments from our guests that still keep pouring in nearly 2 months after our wedding!

We would really like to thank Betsy Thomas – our point-of-contact at Moghul – for her professionalism and expertise. In addition, Betsy was extremely flexible, patient and very helpful throughout the planning process from suggesting food pairings and menu selection to tweaking ingredients and tastes based on our preference. It certainly helped that she has a great sense of humor making it very easy to work with her especially as wedding planning can be stressful to say the least. She went above and beyond in making sure our every desire was met not just during the planning process but throughout the wedding weekend.

We made a few changes during our tastings, which were 3 months prior to our wedding, and everything was on point at the events. Our guests commented on how much of a personal service Betsy offered during the events and how fresh and authentic the food was given we had Moghul cater 5 events and no one was tired of the food thanks to the many cuisines Moghul caters. All the Moghul staff that were working at our events were friendly and professional. We would highly recommend Moghul Caterers and Betsy for any event!

Bhavesh and Priti
    Event date: April 18-19, 2014
    Venue: Hilton Parsippany – Parsippany, NJ

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • Jagruti & Jared

Jagruti · Married on 03/22/2014

Before I picked any vendor, the dress, or was even engaged, I always knew I wanted Moghul to cater my wedding. Their reputation speaks for themselves, I worked with Betsy Thomas and Payal Mehta during the process and they both were fantastic. Every single guest at the wedding was stunned with the food. We had a traditional Hindu wedding and a fusion reception. My husband is Italian, therefore we had half Indian food and half American food. To say the food was simply perfect is an understatement. Our guest couldn’t believe the same chef nonetheless the same vendor cooked both the Indian food AND the American food. The entire process with Moghul was seamless, including our food tasting. We had a few minor adjustments for the chef and on the day of the wedding, everything was on point, every single item was cooked to perfection. Here is a yummy breakdown of our food items for the wedding;

LUNCH: Spinach Ravioli with Tomato Basil Sauce, Mixed Garden Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, Garlic Bread, Jeera Rice, Undhiyu, Batata Sukhi Bhaji , Kadhi, Poori, Cucumber Salad, Green Chillies, Pickle, Papad, Raita,
    Dessert: Coffee Chenna Kheer.

COCKTAIL HOUR:
    Appetizers- Butlerpass; Paneer Shashlik, Caprese Salad on a stick with Basil & balsamic vinegar, Lamb Chops…BEST MONEY SPENT
    Appetizers on Buffet: Vegetable Empanada with Salsa, Pesto Naniizza, Murgh Kali Mirch
    COCKTAIL HOUR LIVE STATION # 1
    Spinach Tikki with Channa
    COCKTAIL HOUR LIVE STATION # 2
    Penne Pasta with Alfredo & Pink Vodka Sauce
    MAIN COURSE: Saffron Jeera Rice, Lemon Herb Chicken, Chicken Makhani, Paneer Methi Malai Mattar, Vegetable Bhel on Tawa- Stuffed Bell Pepper, Roasted potatoes Cajun flavor, Bhindi masala, Yellow Dal Tadka, Assorted Bread
    DESSERT: #1 Chocolate Walnut Halwa with Vanilla Ice Cream AND #2 Mango Mousse

FOOD COMA, absolutely perfection.

Sent on 04/07/2014
  • Z

Zarmeen · event on: 03/08/2014

Dearest Dimple and Betsy ,

We don't have words to describe how thankful we are to the entire team of Moghul's for your uberly excellent service in all levels of professionalism. The food was finger licking (even though Manal ,Asif and I couldn't eat properly that evening) some of our guests went in for fourth servings to fulfill their palate.:)

The details you both put in from the menu card to the carving of the fruits were just minded blowing. I am sure for the first time in the History of Moghul's catering, a family is booking you for 2022 (Insha’Allah) for their 25th wedding anniversary...:)

I want to extend this to both of your boss so that you both get recognized for your service and hard work. Please kindly let me know if you have a separate form or link I can write up on you, I would graciously do that for your career growth.
    Thank you again Betsy for making trays to take away. I was devouring the delicious food in my homely environment. We just have to make a special trip again to eat the all the appetizers, just to relive the sweet 16th moments.

Thank you omce again and have a wonderful week ,
    Zarmeen

Sent on 03/11/2014

Anjali · Married on 12/28/2013

Rajeev with Moghul Caterers did a superb job for our wedding reception in Washington, DC. Moghul worked seamlessly with our Event Staff and the production of the reception meals were flawless. During the planning process Rajeev advised us on items that complimented each other and different ways to serve them. We had a guest count of approx 750 guest, and we have had endless compliments about the food, service and presentation. Hats off to Rajeev, and thank you to the entire Moghul team for making such an important part of our wedding reception PERFECT!!!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Harveen · Married on 11/30/2013

Even though I was planning an Indian wedding for my daughter and wanted Indian food, I also wanted it to be appealing to a large group of non Indians, since my daughter's husband and family are Caucasian.

Dimple Laikhuram, at Moghul caterers, worked with us in coming up with a menu selection that was both Indian and eclectic - and extremely delicious! And Mr. Subhas Vig went above and beyond what catering managers do at a wedding reception! His service and individual attention to all our guests was unlike any other! My husband and I have never had so many guests come up to us and tell us how awesome the food was, and even more so how awesome the service was! Thank you for making our daughter's wedding such a special evening.
    I would certainly recommend Moghul Caterers for their awesome food, their awesome service and their awesome attention to detail and customer service!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Akanksha · Married on 11/30/2013

Payal and Betsy were absolutely amazing to work with! They made sure our menu was special and unique and the food was simply delicious. Our family and friends were raving about all the food for days after our wedding!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Sonia · Married on 10/19/2013

Simply the best! If you're having an Indian wedding and need a caterer, look no further than Moghul. Our venue worked exclusively with them and I can understand why. Our food was incredible! The appetizers, entrees, and especially the Viennese dessert arrangement was so delicious. We received so many compliments about the food. Moghul has such unique fusion foods that we were able to create a different menu for the cocktail hour, but stick to one cuisine for the reception. Also, they used my mother's recipe for a curry and it came out excellent!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Harish · Married on 10/12/2013

This was a out of town wedding for my son in New Jersey. Our coordinator Betsy Thomas was an ultimate professional. She would receive my calls on her day off just to make sure that everything was lined up. Our event was Sangeet party on 11 October and wedding lunch on 12 October. The food was delicious, the presentation was awesome and service impeccable. We were very happy with Moghul and recommend to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Working with Moghul Caterers was a pleasant experience. They made us comfortable right from the beginning. Their rapid, clear responses made it easy for us to get the required information in a timely manner. They understood our needs and made suggestions for various cocktail hour and reception items. These recommendations turned out to be very appropriate for our guests. Our guests had high praises for the service, and, preparation and presentation of various items served.

Sent on 11/05/2013

I had an excellent experience with Moghul Catering during my wedding at the Westin Princeton. They were very easy to work with, straightforward, and responsive from the beginning. It was easy to schedule our tasting and select the menu. The rep we worked with was also very helpful in suggesting a mix of items that would suit our guests with varied dietary restrictions and preferences. On the day of the wedding, they also accommodated a gluten-free guest without prior notice. Moghul arrived and set up the entire cocktail hour and then dinner reception without ever bothering me or my family to ask any questions. Many of our guests said it was the best Indian food they'd ever had and couldn't stop gushing, especially about the apps and dessert. Couldn't have been a smoother or more delicious experience!

Sent on 11/26/2013
  • User3606668 · event on: 10/06/2013

Mostly all the guests have called us and praised Moghul food and services. Our special thanks to Dimple & Betsy who made our event very successful. My guest told us that they will consider giving order to Moghul, when they have function in their family. Very good job by Dimple and Betsy.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Neera · event on: 09/07/2013

I would Definitely recommend this vendor to a friend .A special thanks to Dimple who was absolutely awesome with her service and attentiveness.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Nayan · Married on 09/01/2013

Payal was very courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. Everyone enjoyed the taste and quality of food. You were important part of the success of the event. Thank you

Sent on 10/16/2013

shweta · Married on 09/01/2013

Moghul catering was phenomenal at our wedding. They catered 4 meals for us throughout our wedding weekend. They have such a high reputation and are so well-known that even our international friends who were coming from across the country and abroad (China, India) were excited in anticipation of eating Moghul's unparalleled food. Not only did they provide stellar traditional indian snacks, appetizers and dishes, but they their indo-chinese dinner was delicious. Their menu is fully of variety, and they constantly add to their selection to ensure a unique experience at every wedding. Dimple, Payal and the entire Moghul catering team were kind, prompt, and very easy to contact and communicate with. They even had their chef taste our mother's homemade South Indian dish, so that he could make it exactly as we desired. When you have to make hundreds of choices leading up to the wedding, and with so much variety during our food tasting, Dimple and Payal helped us by suggesting the perfect combination of our favorite foods-- while taking into consideration flavor ranges, aesthetic appeal, etc.

Furthermore, this review is not just from our wedding events, Moghul has catered numerous family /friends events, and each time, the food and service have been wonderful. If you're looking for a caterer who's going to wow you with unique, distinct dishes and also be able the ace the traditional foods, Moghul catering is the way to go.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Almost all wedding vendors we found during our planning process loved to call themselves the best of the best in what they do. Moghul isn’t any different in that respect, but the difference is that they really truly ARE the best in what they do.
    We had a large black tie NYC wedding – half Indian and half Italian. We wanted a caterer who could provide amazing cuisine (Indian and Indian-fusion dishes for our Italian guests), seated meals (not buffet as is typical with Indian weddings), great presentation, and outstanding service. From the moment we got engaged, we knew Moghul was a top option for us because a lot of people we know have had Moghul cater their parties. But still, since we wanted to be thorough, we went to 4 different tastings for other Indian caterers in the NY area. In the end, Moghul had them all beat by far. It wasn’t just the food that won us over; It was their experience in managing large parties. We didn’t want to worry about the food taking too long to come out, or being cold when it got to the table, etc. These are very important things to consider when you have a wedding, and the other Indian caterers in the area just didn’t have the experience under their belt to run a seamless show.
    Moghul created pretty innovative dishes for our fusion wedding… naanizzas and nutella samosas. Our guests keep telling us how amazing the food was, and how full they felt after just cocktail hour!
    I can’t say enough about Betsy and Payal, the catering managers. We had 14 versions of our catering contract, and two tastings! They are extremely knowledgeable, patient and detail-oriented. And not only that, they are incredibly kind. They know how stressful wedding planning is, and they didn’t seem to mind my 8pm calls with questions about our menu or cocktail cards details!
    In the end, we can’t believe we considered anyone else but Moghul for our wedding. They truly are masters at their craft. There is nobody else in the business like them, trust us.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Amit · Married on 08/10/2013

Hats off to Moghul Catering and the wonderful service they provided for our Sangeet Dinner, Ceremony Lunch, Reception Dinner and Desserts! The food was exemplary and every guest commented on how each dish was delicious. Several months before our wedding weekend, we met with our Catering Manager, Subhash, for the food tasting, at that point we got to carefully choose the dishes that fit to the palate of our Bengali-Bengali wedding guests. From the Fish entrée to the traditional Bengali sweets, each item was tasted and enjoyed. On the weekend of our wedding, the food was always served hot and fresh...with no disruption in service! The highlight of the evening, was the amazing Dessert Display that was carted on to the dance floor with the fog effect and sparklers (not to mention other special surprises). Mr. Kamal Aurora was personally there to ensure our parents were happy with their service and that every guest was attended to. Moghul Catering also worked with the Hotel to ensure that we had food upstairs in our Bridal suite after every meal...even cocktail hour items. They did a great job coordinating with our Event Coordinators and Sheraton Parsippany staff, and were professional and helpful throughout the whole planning stages and the actual wedding weekend. Highly recommend Moghul Caterers to couples looking for the BEST catering team for their wedding! Quality Food and Stellar Service, worth every penny.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Meena · Married on 08/10/2013

Amazing!!! We did 6 exotic meals over 3 days for the wedding of my daughter and they were all absolutely superb. Thank you Moghul team - Payal Mehta and Betsy Thomas as well as the entire Moghul catering staff... You guys did a splendid job. Thank you.

Sent on 08/18/2013

Amazing work! Food was great, staff's work was even better. Customer service was exceptional!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Thank you so much for catering our food during the wedding! The food was beyond perfect and guests are still complementing about how great the food was. Over our wedding week, your catering and your presence helped us feel at ease and at home that no matter - we knew the food was going to be excellent. Special thanks to Subhashji - he is so kind and helped with each and everything - especially getting the bride and groom a plate to eat! You should not just call yourself an Indian caterer - but more of a Global caterer as the thai, italian, lebanese, and other cuisines were absolutely delicious.

Once again, thank you very much for your wonderful service and delicious food! We look forward to continuing the lovely relationship we have built with you all :)

-Saloni & Abhinav