11 Reviews for ModernCeremonies

11 ModernCeremonies Reviews

Lovely ceramony . Very helpful and simple . Absolutely perfect for us.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Suzanne, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dorothy was WONDERFUL throughout the entire process. She made everything easy for our scatter brained minds. She was a wonderful speaker, adorable, and the perfect person to marry us. I would recommend her to my best friend. Hire her now!! (Thank you, Dorothy!!)

Profile Picture Alana, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
4.7

Dorothy conducted a beautiful ceremony. She listened to what we had asked for in our ceremony and was able to customize it very nicely. She was always available to answer questions and provide us copies of the script if there were any changes. I had read positive reviews about her prior to booking and they were right.

Profile Picture Lupita, 10/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We planned our wedding from afar, which included finding someone to marry us (the most important part!). Dorothy from Modern Ceremonies was a perfect fit for us because she was understanding, professional and very flexible. She helped to write our vows, and put together a beautiful script. She was very professional and organized, which both my husband and I value. She spoke beautifully at the wedding, and she was so sweet - she even color coordinated her suit with our colors (which she asked permission - she has may outfits and you pick what you want her to wear). She already processed our license and when we returned home from our honeymoon, we had the official document in hand. She's also a great value, too, in comparison to the pricer options in the area. Thank you, Dorothy!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/8/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorothy was the perfect officiant for our wedding ceremony. She is professional, organized and well spoken. After our ceremony, everyone kept coming up to us and complementing our choice in officiants. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Joan, 4/13/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorothy provided us with a beautiful civil ceremony at our wedding a couple weeks ago. We wanted to do a handfasting ceremony, and she said she had done them in the past. We had an initial meeting via Skype, and then all our communication was via email. She was very responsive and organized.

We used the basic template of one of her ceremonies, and made modifications. We did a little bit of back and forth to get it right, and include the readings and vows. She also sent us a reminder about 8 weeks before to go and get the actual marriage license-which was helpful at a time when you are swamped with a lot of other little details.

The ceremony was great and quick, the actual handwrapping was a little akward as she didn't have a place to put down the microphone and her binder while she wrapped our hands, but in the end it was OK and people had great comments on our unique and appropriately short ceremony.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/6/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorothy did a fantastic job with our wedding ceremony. She is really great about offering suggestions but also let us personalize our ceremony however we wanted. She was professional, timely and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/14/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorothy was fantastic. My wife, Gloria and I planned our wedding from Ohio. Dorothy took the time to listen and made great suggestions that were implemented in our beautiful ceremony. Gloria and I were married at midnight on New Years Eve in Central Park, New York. (01-01-2012) We can not thank Dorothy enough for making our day special. Thank you, Dorothy for you and your kind heart. Mary & Gloria Morris

Profile Picture Mary, 1/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dorothy from Modern Ceremonies was simply amazing to work with, our wedding would not have been the perfect day it was without her.

My (now) husband and I wanted a "generically Christian" ceremony, one that would appeal to his Catholic family, my Protestant family, and our personal, nondenominational, views of religion. I was concerned, at first, that Modern Ceremonies looked too "humanist" or too "modern" but Dorothy immediately put our concerns to rest.

She sent us multiple ceremony transcripts in a variety of Modern Christian versions for us to work with and personalize. Whenever we weren't 100% comfortable with wording Dorothy worked with us till we had it nailed down. The result was a completely original, utterly personal, and deeply meaningful service that Dan and I felt really represented us and our feelings, and which moved everyone in the audience.

Dan and I had decided we wanted a "spice ceremony". We didn't have much information on it, aside from pouring spices in layers similar to a sand ceremony. Dorothy was, again, amazing. She wrote a very unique ceremony, and researched the symbolic meanings behind spices. What she helped us write went above and beyond.

Dorothy was easy to work with and so very efficient. Throughout the months prior to the wedding, she kept in touch via email, and she was always available to call. She kept us on track with email reminders, such as when to file our marriage license. Once the wedding was complete, she filed our paperwork right away, and we got the license back in record time!

Dorothy has a wealth of knowledge, a warm, calming presence, an efficient attention to detail, and a genuine love of seeing people happily joined, and of helping them create the perfect day. She made our wedding ceremony beautiful.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From our initial meeting to the day of. Dorothy made us feel comfortable! She is charismatic and a true professional.

Profile Picture Keisha, 8/20/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorothy worked with us to create a wonderful ceremony for our June wedding. She created a warm and loving atmosphere that set the stage for a very special exchange of vows. Many guests commented (and continue to comment) on how beautiful the ceremony was -- Dorothy did an outstanding job.

Profile Picture User883758, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews