Modern Trousseau Charleston Reviews

Modern Trousseau Charleston 1
Modern Trousseau Charleston 2
Modern Trousseau Charleston 3

Katie · Married on 06/01/2013

Modern Trousseau had the most stunning gowns, after trying on what I thought I wanted, I tried the wildcard which ended up being my wedding dress. Jen is precious to work with and incredibly sweet.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Amelia · Married on 05/17/2013

If I could give 10 stars to Modern Trousseau Charleston, I would! Eleven, even! Purchasing my dress from here was absolutely the best experience I could have asked for, and my favorite part of all of the wedding planning. Modern Trousseau was the first bridal salon that we went to. It was the DREAM mother/daughter experience that I always wanted (and something that I feared wouldn't happen because of all of those crazy tlc wedding shows!). Jen, the manager of the store, was absolutely wonderful to work with and I feel like I made a new friend through this process. Because of her, the entire experience was awesome - absolutely no pressure, no stress, no pretentiousness, and just a lot of fun! The company sews their dresses and veils in the United States and is a wonderfully run, family-owned business - all things that were great to see as well.

After our first lovely visit (where I think I tried on about eight or ten gowns), just for the sake of knowing that we had made the right tentative decision on a dressmaker, we kept our appointments at two other area salons for later in the week. But, the truly friendly, approachable, and knowledgable service from Jen, the exceptional quality of the fabric and designs, and the flexibility of the company to work with the changes that I wanted to make to the dress brought us back to their door soon thereafter, and we never looked back! I really wanted to find a dress with short sleeves (which is next to impossible these days!) and Modern Trousseau's willingness to work through every detail to custom design and make my dream come true really brings me to tears just thinking about it. I don't think you could find a company that truly cares as much about seeing through a bride's vision as they do. Everything was also very timely and well organized yet relaxed at the same time. When asked for recommendations on bridal vendors, Modern Trousseau is by far at the top of my list! Thank you Jen & Callie! - Amelia M.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Beth · Married on 05/11/2013

Purchasing a wedding dress for our daughter was a fabulous experience at Modern Trousseau in Charleston SC. We just happened to stop at the shop without an appointment and Jen graciously had time to show us dresses. Our daughter ended up purchasing the first dress she selected from the rack even though she tried on several others. Jen was so professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and made our shopping trip thoroughly enjoyable. And considering we planned the wedding for Charleston SC from Ohio, Jen was so good to answer questions via the phone or email. Callie Tein, the designer, has so many wonderful and unique styles and the dress our daughter chose received rave reviews from our wedding guests and especially from her husband who couldn't get over how beautiful the dress was(and how beautiful she looked in the dress). I simply can't speak more highly of MT and am so grateful we stopped there. Thank you so much Jen and Callie!!

Sent on 06/21/2013

A truly chić experience all the way around. Gorgeous gowns and fantastic customer service!
    Jen knows what she is doing and will lead you in the right direction with poise and honesty.
    I got my gown, sash and veil through MT and am still (after the fact) madly in love with them.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Sara · Married on 04/12/2013

I was in LOVE with another gown at Modern Trousseau, when I came in to try on the dress...it just didn't look right on me. I was a little distraught since I had been drooling over this gown for quite some time. Jen calmed me and had me try on others. I tried on some of the most beautiful gowns I had ever seen but none of them felt right. When I pointed out details I like from some of the gowns Jen pulled the Camille gown and said lets try this. I put it on and instantly knew it was the one. It made me feel comfortable, beautiful and elegant. It was the perfect fit! The whole process of choosing the gown, measurements, and delivery of the gown was seamless. Jen did an amazing job! Whenever I had questions I knew I could pick up the phone and have a response immediately. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 04/07/2013

Every single time I entered Modern Trousseau, I was treated like I was the only bride that mattered. The service they are able to provide is unlike any I have ever experienced. I always received individual attention in the salon by Jen. Jen was amazing to work with. She made you feel important and special. My dress was custom made to fit me which meant very little alterations were needed. When leaving with my dress after the final fitting, I was sad that I would never have that "dress" experience again. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Meredith · Married on 03/16/2013

This was the first dress shop we visited... and after driving all around town the rest of the day, we came back to Modern Trousseau! It was the best experience. The service is wonderful - Jen is without comparison - and the dresses are all stunning! The whole process there was easy and fun, and really helped me feel like a bride. They offer special touches, alterations in-house, and a friendly staff. And I LOVED wearing my dress!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Modern Trousseau Charleston's reply:

Thank you Meredith! Your feedback means so much to us. Congratulations on your wedding, and don't forget to send us photos!
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 02/22/2013

I felt like a princess. Modern Trousseau had the dress... I can't wait to save the lace from my dress to pass down to my daughter. It's truly beautiful and the dress was so romantic. Jenn is a great girl to work with and she will help you through everything. She knows your style and she will help you find the perfect dress for you. They even give you a hand drawn sketch of your dress from the designer! HOW COOL! They made a custom flower for my hair to match my dress, and when I opened it up, I cried. It was gorgeous... I may or may not still be wearing it lol

Sent on 03/04/2013

Elise · Married on 12/01/2012

I loved working with Modern Trousseau! I would absolutely recommend them to any bride going wedding dress shopping in Charleston, they have stunning dresses-and the girls in the shop are so sweet, incredibly knowledgeable and helpful! My dress was perfect, and I wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience with Modern Trousseau.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Brooke · Married on 11/30/2012

I will never forget how I felt in my modern trousseau gown on my big day! Picked out my dress in their charleston location ( which was a girls dream!) first measurements in their NYC location and last fitting and pick up in Connecticut where I happend to be in on a day where Callie Tein ( the designer !!)was in . Such a treat I will never forget. Staff was professional, And personable in all locations and not to mention all were honest in the name of what looks best on a girl, which is hard to come by in a room full of opinionated family members :) thank you Callie for making such a gorgeous dress and the opportunity to meet you!! This will be a cherished memory years to come when talking about my wedding gown.. And everything else in my " Modern Trousseau"
    Xoxo
    As of 11/30/12
    Mrs. Brooke Ecker

Sent on 12/24/2012

My first and second dress choices were both from Modern Trousseau of Charleston. The second dress I tried on at their shop was the one I wore on my wedding day. The ladies helped me tailor the gown to my exact vision until it was just right. When the gown arrived a few weeks after it was ordered, it fit like a glove with very little alterations needed. I couldn't have been happier with the gown or the service I received at Modern Trousseau.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Natalie · Married on 05/19/2012

This was the first dress that I saw, first dress that i tried on, I loved it as much the first day as I did on my wedding day. I ordered the Jessica dress (v in the back) and Heather and the rest of the Modern trousseau team were incredible. At the time of my wedding, we ordered the dress in Charleston, i lived in Baltimore, my mom was in Greensboro and the wedding was in New Orleans, so you can imagine what kind of logistical issues could arise, but they were very professional, everything was fed-exed and i was sent tracking information promptly. The only issue that I had was in terms of alterations, since I bought the dress at the store in Charleston, the store in dc that carried modern trousseau would not do my alterations. i had just moved to Baltimore so i didn't trust anyone with the dress. my dress ended up being a bit too big but I couldn't fly back to Charleston to get it re-fitted. While I would definitely buy a modern trousseau dress all over again I may have bought it at the store in DC for the alterations reason.

Sent on 03/26/2013
  • Geneva

Geneva · Married on 04/28/2012

I could not have asked for a more gorgeous wedding dress. It was well made and fit like a glove. The shopping and fitting process was seamless. Thank you Heather & Taylor!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Traci · Married on 04/21/2012

I found the dress of my dreams at Modern Trousseau! Heather is so sweet and helpful! She made me feel so special when I visited the store and never pressured me into buying anything that was not needed. The store is beautiful and I felt so welcome everytime I came to the store. Heather made sure she was available everytime I came in! What a fantastic experience!
    Traci

Sent on 08/03/2012

Margaret Anne · Married on 11/26/2011

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Trousseau. The dress I purchased was for a deb ball. My dress was not only unique but it was also a show stopper. My dress was quoted in the local paper as being "a southern classic" and it was "perfection". Thanks for all that Modern Trousseau did for me during this exciting time! I especially want to thank Heather for her attentiveness and professionalism. What a special place!

Sent on 12/25/2011

Annette · Married on 10/29/2011

Great customer service and one of my most favorite bridal vendors! My best friend lives in Charleston and I was visiting her shortly after getting engaged. We were wandering around King Street and popped in so my friend could show me a dress she had seen in the window. Heather had some time between appointments and encouraged me to "just try it on!" And, of course, I fell in love. First dress I tried on and it was the one! We quick-made an appointment for later in the afternoon so I could try on others for comparison, and it turned out that number 1 was still the one! I bought it that day and Heather was more than accommodating! Since I didn't live in Charleston, Heather helped me set up an appointment for later in the summer when I would come in and have my first fitting one day, the dress would be altered overnight, and the next day I could have my final fitting and take it home. I admit, I was a little nervous that this was not going to go as smoothly as it sounded, but it could not have been more of a breeze. The alterations were top notch and the dress fit BEAUTIFULLY. It was truly, a wonderful experience! And my dress received RAVE reviews at our wedding. It's the most beautiful, unique dress I've ever seen and it was made just for me. I wish I could wear it all the time. Thanks!
    PS: This is not an inexpensive dress shop, BUT the dress is AMAZING, custom made in the US, beautifully constructed, and Heather could not have made me feel more special...so I'd say the Value is 5 stars.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Ginny · Married on 10/23/2011

Heather at Modern Trousseau Charleston made my wedding dress experience a pure delight. The styles, customization, and other options allowed me to choose the perfect dress for me and my wedding. Additionally, her local seamstress, Kiera, was amazing.

Sent on 12/21/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2011

Everything was perfect! And Heather was so friendly and professional! =)

Sent on 07/27/2011

Danni · Married on 03/01/2011

Absolutely incredible.... the selection is fantastic. The Service is fantastic. The attention was incredible. They made the whole experience fantastic. The very best in Charleston by far!!!!

Sent on 03/11/2011

Sarah · Married on 08/16/2014

I loved working with Mary Claire to find my perfect wedding dress and accessories. I went to 5 different bridal shops in the Charleston area and Modern Trousseau had exactly what I was looking for, without being pushy or rude.

Sent on 08/27/2014

sarah · Married on 10/05/2013

LOVED my dress! The lace was so unique!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Ann · Married on 07/12/2014

3.5

I loved the dress that Mary Claire and I were able to find for my special day. She has since moved on from Modern Trousseau but I would recommend her services to anyone looking to find the right dress for your day! She's quick to find fits that flatter your form and bring a smile to your face.

Sent on 12/21/2014

4.2
      2.5

Jen was super helpful and accomodating and I'm so grateful to have met her!

Sent on 03/19/2013

3.0
      2.5

I loved my dress very much. My only complaint is the personalized part inside the dress did not look good, but thankfully it was inside the dress and only for me to see. (The quote or initial that you choose to have monogramed inside of dress.) Also, the alterations were not included in the price of the dress. The dress is "custom made" to fit your exact measurements but came in 3" too long, so I had to pay for the alteration due to being measured wrong. Other than that, it was perfect.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Pelin · Married on 11/25/2017

3.8
      3.0

Was just a walk in but the girls did not seem to interested to help. Both girls continued to go about their business on their laptops as I truly was a bride in need of a dress. Felt as if they thought I may not have the means to afford their dresses (which I do) , but I did not feel welcome

Sent on 12/10/2016