Modern Symphony Reviews

Modern Symphony 3
Modern Symphony 4
Modern Symphony 5

Mallory · Married on 07/02/2016

Tim did such a wonderful job! He was there super early to set up and make sure that everything was wonderful! He was so responsive in the weeks leading up the wedding and even recommended another vendor for me when someone fell through!! Such a terrific person and great experience!!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Tisha · Married on 06/26/2016

Tim went over and beyond for our wedding! Because we booked him a year out, he made sure to touch base with us throughout the year to make sure everything was on track. After a few meetings and phone calls, we had everything finalized and our wedding day arrived. Since I did not have a coordinator, I had no idea what I was doing and Tim stepped up and helped us with our wedding rehearsal; making sure we all knew what to do, etiquette, etc. During the wedding he made sure that everything ran smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed. The event manager at our venue said that Tim even helped set out centerpieces for another event while he was waiting for our wedding to commence. Thank you Tim for being a part of our special day!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

You'll be so glad if you decide to book with Modern Symphony. Mark was the DJ at our wedding, and he did such an amazing job. They came all the way down to where I live in Ventura to meet with me, and were great at communicating with me throughout the process. At our wedding, all of our major moments went off right on time, and all night long, people were commenting about how great the music was! I don't think there's anything I would have changed, and or any way it could have been any better. Thanks for everything, Mark!

Sent on 06/30/2016

amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

Mark Gonzalez was not only professional but also did a great job at our wedding! The one thing I was worried about was my crowd not having a good time. I was totally shocked when the guests I thought would never dance were out dancing! It was wonderful!! Hire these guys. They are professional, affordable and flexible!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Dmytro · Married on 06/12/2016

We hired Tim for our wedding in Moorpark Country Club in June 2016, and it was a pleasure! Part of the wedding guests were swing dancers (as well as me and my wife) , so we wanted to have all of our guests feel happy with the music set. We asked Tim to mix modern pop music and swing dance and he did a fantastic job! We would recommend Tim as your wedding DJ! :)

Sent on 08/25/2016

Stacy · Married on 06/04/2016

One of the things that couples that are about to get married worry about most is a affordable, professional, prompt, and high quality Dj. My husband and I hired Mark Gonzales, who was recommended to us by a long time friend. The first time meeting with Mark to go over the process was to say the least comforting. I knew I did not have to worry about one thing. Mark was great he right away worked out a time line that met all of my needs as the bride. At the actual wedding the set up was beautiful and the music for the special moments touched all in attendance. The out of state family and friends mentioned they had never seen such a up to date, Incredibly, professional and awesome Dj. They still talk about his services when the wedding is brought up. Mark, thank you for being part of My special day! I highly Recommend Mark Gonzales from Modern Symphony if any of you need a great, professional, affordable and high quality DJ.
    Mr. & Mrs. Solis

Sent on 08/17/2016

We have known Tim Lopez for a while now and have experienced and enjoyed his amazing DJing before. My daughter had set the date for her wedding and contacted Tim right away, when we found out he was booked for that date....we didn't think twice to change the date. There was no way we were going to have any one else on her big day. The monogram he made & his lighting were absolutely amazing! Tim is the very best at what he does. If you want your guests on the dance floor from the FIRST song to the LAST, Tim is your man. He is the best partner you can have for your event....he's so much more than a DJ. With all his connections in the business, he can help you with almost anything you could need to have a perfect and memorable event. We absolutely love Tim Lopez, owner of Modern Symphony and we would never trust anyone else for our events.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Edward · Married on 05/07/2016

We have know Tim for some time now, but when it came to the wedding of my only daughter I wanted everything possible to come close to perfection, after all, those memories will stay forever,, so we trusted Tim to be our DJ for that special night, and let me tell you Tim superseded are expectation ; From the beginning he carefully treated us with flexibility and professionalism he knew what kind of question to ask and suggested excellent choices from music,lighting,mood,service,and like he can read the guests and adjusted to their mood , never did the event came close to crashing,,, some people were born to be Doctors,attorneys, Tim was borned to be your DJ , can't thank him enough to have made a memorable night that will stay with us forever, Thank you Tim and continue providing the execellect services to all your future clients.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Minesh · Married on 04/30/2016

Tim did an amazing job as DJ at our Indian Wedding! He was very responsive and went above and beyond to satisfy all our requests. For example, he helped create custom mixes for our family dance performances and my Baraat. He also provided additonal services such as string lighting and a custom monogram. Tim was very easy to work with and like the others said, kind and professional. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Alicia · Married on 04/17/2016

Absolutely perfect!! Tim and his assistant made everything so easy and no stress for me, which I needed!!! Hands down best DJ in town, he helped everything be so beautiful with the lighting and special with all his services. Was very accommodating, progressional and sweet. Thank you tim!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/16/2016

Steve really made the party! The music was perfect, the crowd didn't stop dancing or talking about how he was the greatest DJ they'd experienced. We will definitely be contacting Steve again for any DJ needs. You won't be sorry.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Russ · Married on 04/02/2016

We had Steve Riconose DJ our wedding on April 2nd and it was perfect. Steve took the time and talked with us prior to the wedding to understand the type and style of music we wanted played and executed the plan perfectly. The setup was discrete and timely, the music was on point from the background dinner music to keeping the dance floor filled the whole night. He has a wide variety of music and has a good grasp of what will keep the party going! 5 star DJ, I highly recommend Steve.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Matthew · Married on 03/26/2016

Tim provided us exemplary DJ services for our wedding! We chose our DJ very carefully, as that person is responsible for playing the music, announcing the wedding party, facilitating the speeches, and keeping the dance floor alive. Tim was able to smoothly transition to the next phase of the wedding at the appropriate times, he was responsive to our requests, helped us move tables and chairs without us asking him to, and maintained professionalism every time he spoke and interacted with our guests. Our wedding ceremony was on a hill in the San Luis Obispo Edna Valley - which means a lot of wind - yet Tim and his assistant were able to work the wireless mic and speakers very well, and we never had an issue with the sound. He also brought extra lighting to set up for the reception and used great speakers that kept the dance floor movin’. As a double threat, he was able to offer us his wedding planning experience to help tweak our wedding day timeline and make the wedding proceed seamlessly, even though we didn’t hire him as a wedding coordinator. We would highly recommend Tim as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Claudia · Married on 03/12/2016

Steve and his assistant were wonderful to work with. They were very flexible with changes to the timeline. He even went to our rehearsal to look at the layout . I am very happy with the end results and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Audrey · Married on 03/12/2016

This is the second time that I've booked Modern Symphony. I couldn't recommend Tim with more than 5 stars or I would have. He is absolutely amazing! Last year, I booked him for my college graduation/birthday combo party that was 80's themed and he had everyone dancing literally all night. I had no hesitations about booking Modern Symphony for our wedding.
    First of all, the knowledge and experience that Tim brings to the table is a huge relief to a nervous bride. He gave me ideas for the itinerary, reminded me of items that I may want to have, and kept me reassured that this was OUR special day and our happiness is #1. We kept in touch via email and text (which is super convenient) throughout the entire process. The beautiful lighting, quality of the music, and the awesome way that Tim and his assistant kept the wedding going by navigating the itinerary and keeping the guests entertained made our night 100x more awesome. We even rented a projector to show the slideshow of our Vegas wedding that was a week before our homecoming reception and it was set up perfectly for us.
    A thousand thank you's (& 100 guest compliments) to Modern Symphony from Team Donohue!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Brian · Married on 02/12/2016

He was very helpful and played a personalized mix of music based on our selection and interests.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Avni · Married on 01/30/2016

Tim is AMAZING!! He was very responsive and open to our suggestions. Tim made our unique Ghanian-Indian wedding memorable and was able to balance music from both the cultures. There was not a minute where the dance floor was empty. The lighting and the monogram looked amazing and of high quality. All the equipment is wireless which makes the effects flawless for the guests. We had quite a few performances from both cultures but Tim and his crew were seamlessly able to manage even when there were moments of chaos. He is extremely helpful and offered to make the dance mixes for the performances. Tim and his crew made sure our venue had the special charm and with their music, lighting and monogram services, they elevated our event and made it even more special. We are extremely satisfied with the service and the execution. In addition, his price is unbeatable!! We loved his service so much that we have hired him to do my sister's wedding and I would recommend him to anyone who's getting married. If you want great reliable service for a great price, then look no further because Tim and Modern Symphony is it!

Sent on 01/31/2016
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 01/02/2016

Tim was the icing on the cake for our wedding. He did an amazing job keeping everyone right on time as well as accommodating for an unplanned money dance. While we were planning my husband and I had no idea what songs we wanted for our processional or recessional and Tim gave us some wonderful options. We had a wonderful time dancing the night away with our guests. Everyone we have spoken to after has told us how fun our wedding was, and I truly believe that a huge part of that was due to Tim. We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 02/02/2016

My mom had a small wedding, with very weird timing. We had the DJ there for the ceremony, left for dinner and had him come back for the reception. He was very understanding and accomodating to the weird scheduling and kept the party going the whole night. Even the people who don't normally dance were on the dance floor and many compliments were given to the DJ we chose.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Megan · Married on 11/07/2015

I meet Tim Lopez of Modern Symphony at the Bridal Expo at the Madonna Expo Center. I was having a hard time finding a DJ that I felt was a good fit for our big day, and along came Tim. He from the moment I met him made me feel comfortable and assured that we would be taken good care of. He without a doubt exceeded the already high expectations we had for him. Through out the entire wedding process Tim was by our side any time we needed anything. He even saved the day by providing us with an amazing back drop for our diy photo booth. If you plan on having a photo booth I highly recommend asking him to see pictures of this, it wowed our guests who kept asking us where we found it. On the big day Tim showed up early, set up the photo back drop as well as amazing up lighting through out the venue. He kept everyone moving from the moment they got there and kept them moving until they left. Many of our guests mentioned how much they loved the music and how sharp our DJ was. I can't say enough good things about Tim Lopez of Modern Symphony. He was such a joy to work with and I would very highly recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ for any occasion.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Tim Lopez, the owner of Modern Symphony was the best DJ we could possibly have had! From the day I inquired information from him he called me to touch base and stayed in touch via text, which was helpful (since I was sneaking wedding plans during work lol). When Bryan and I first met Tim he had great energy and we connected right away. We told him about the type of wedding we were dreaming of and how our friends and family are, we could tell he was excited which made us excited! As the months went on, Tim was always available, if I had a quick question about a song suggestion or wanted to chat about the layout of our venue. He was the first vendor we booked, as we looked for other vendors, he was quick to give us his recommendations from great people he has worked with in the past. As our wedding was getting closer and closer we had a weather scare and there was Tim again, quick to the rescue, recommending people he knew at various tent rental companies--he's seriously so helpful! He felt like a friend throughout the whole planning process. We invited Tim to our rehearsal & welcome BBQ, our whole group loved him and once again, he had all sorts of ideas and thoughts for the day that we wouldn't have even thought of. When the big day was finally here it went PERFECTLY!! The ceremony and photos went quicker than we expected and he didn't miss a beat, the music and entertainment was so good! As Bryan and I mingled around the tables during dinner to visit everyone, we were asking how's the food, did you get a drink etc. and so many people told us they loved the jams Tim was playing! The monogram he made us & his bistro lights were breath taking! We had Kenny G style music during the ceremony, oldies & a little country during dinner then FUNK & Top 40's the rest of the night. We had discussed how it usually takes a few songs to get people on the dance floor but from the FIRST song to the LAST the dance floor was full! Tim is the absolute best! We loved him!!! :)

Sent on 10/27/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2015

Tim was amazing!! He provided excellent service and gave us everything we expected and more! (such as lighting)Tim and his team got great reviews from our guest and families as well! They played all the songs we listed and was very professional in every way, we will definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Rory · Married on 10/10/2015

Mark and Tim were great! Both very professional, easy to work with, great personality, flexible, and fun. Mark came to our vendor walk thru, provided great recommendations, provided DJ services for our Rehearsal dinner and Wedding day. The day of our wedding, Mark set up four different music systems to support our Ceremony, Cocktail hour, Dinner/Reception and Dancing. The mark of a good DJ is helping guide the party while being nearly invisible, Mark nailed it. Great music, great folks to work with. Highly recommend these guys.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Maria · Married on 10/10/2015

Tim went beyond our expectations and assisted us with crucial last minute pieces. Most of all, he had the crowd dancing and everyone enjoyed his work. Your hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed.

Marcos & Maria Bautista

Sent on 10/23/2015

Denise · Married on 10/03/2015

Modern symphony is easy to work with and very detail oriented.The dance floor was full the entire night.They listen to all our ideas and made sure to keep the guests dancing all night.I would most definitely suggest them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2015