Modern Symphony Reviews

Modern Symphony 5
Modern Symphony 6
Modern Symphony 7

Marisa · Married on 03/24/2018

Tim was the best DJ we could ask for. He went above and beyond and kept our family and friends dancing all night! Thank you so much Tim for an amazing wedding! You made us feel so comfortable and listened to everything we wanted. We loved your uplights and sound and helping us have the best wedding of our lives!

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Modern Symphony 8
    Modern Symphony 9
    Modern Symphony 10

mario · Married on 01/27/2018

He was great. He played at our reception all the songs we wanted. Everyone got up to dance and loved the variety of music he played. The lighting was beautiful. I would definitely recommend him. In fact i'm hiring him for my daughters wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Marissa · Married on 01/21/2018

Mark was such an amazing choice for our wedding! He was so professional yet easy going. We had lots of questions and he answered them all! He explained each package in detail and gave us ideas of what it would be like with uplighting. We decided to go with the Diamond package and had the extra lights for the dance floor and don’t regret it. If you want a dj that listens to your requests and feels out the crowds vibe to keep the fun going Mark is your guy!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Melinda · Married on 11/17/2017

Tim and his team were a pleasure to work with. We met him at another wedding where he was the DJ. The music was great so we hired him to do our wedding as well and couldn't be happier with how the event went! We would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Brennan · Married on 11/04/2017

We worked with Mark and he made life so easy for us. He gave us a lot of helpful advice for the order and flow of the reception and was able to put on an awesome party. He kept the night going and on schedule with an awesome selection of music that felt personalized to our taste. I can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Heidi · Married on 10/21/2017

Mark was everything you could ask for in a wedding dj. Very responsive, professional, and flexible throughout the whole process! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

I'll be honest, we were a little hesitant at first, mainly because we kept having issues scheduling times to meet that worked for everyone...but we worked through that and on the night of our wedding Tim delivered!

The timing for the ceremony music was perfect, he created the perfect ambiance during cocktail hour and dinne, his introductions/announcements weren't over the tope, and he had everyone out on the floor dancing. It was a perfect night!

Sent on 10/17/2017
  • Rene

Rene · Married on 10/14/2017

Mark was amazing! He listened to the type of music we wanted during dinner and the reception and really ran with it. We had SO many compliments on how great the music was and would recommend him 10000X over! Mark was responsive, flexible and just a great person to work with. We are so thankful we hired him as our Dj.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Jim · Married on 10/07/2017

Excellent, thorough DJ service. Mark is the epitome of professional. He always responded to my emails quickly, accommodate my individualized needs, and hosted a smooth, energy-filled wedding night. I’d easily recommend this company for any event in the central coast area.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Carly · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough good things about Tim and Modern Symphony!! I have been to a number of weddings where the DJ ruins the vibe and kills the mood, so finding a good DJ for our wedding was extremely important for me. From day 1 Tim was responsive, personable, and easy to work with. He was quick to answer emails, phone calls, and texts. On rehearsal he came prepared with all the music for the wedding party and made sure we were 100% ready for the big day.

On our wedding day, he helped everything run smoothly and made sure we stuck to our timeline. From announcements, to music, lighting, Tim was amazing. Our dance floor was PACKED all night long and everyone commented on the great music. I would recommend Modern Symphony in a heartbeat. Thank you Tim!!!

Sent on 10/25/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark is AMAZING! I am very picky when it comes to dance music and have been to weddings before where the dance floor was empty - did not want that. I shouldn't have worried at all because Mark delivered. He created a fun atmosphere without going over the top or being cheesy and our dance floor was packed. I had a blast!! Aside from the music selections, he was instrumental in making sure our day went smoothly. He was in contact with my day of coordinator and caterer before the wedding and throughout our day.

Sent on 12/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

We might be a little biased, but Tim and Modern Symphony delivered the best party of our lives. From the first time we talked, it was clear Tim had everything under control and knew exactly what he was doing. From getting a mic set up for our ceremony, to the speeches, to perfect sound around our entire venue (much of it outdoors), to the beautiful bistro lights that created the atmosphere we wanted, Tim and his crew got it all done flawlessly. It was very clear that he was 100% concerned with what we wanted for our day. On top of all that, he was super friendly and the kind of guy we looked forward to hanging out with — and the kind of guy to get people out on the dance floor. If you want smooth sailing and low stress for your special day, we highly recommend Tim and Modern Symphony.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

This company was amazing! From when I first contacted Tim about using the company for my wedding through the very end of the reception that Mark DJ’d they were friendly, professional, and paid amazing attention to detail. They not only did all the sound for my ceremony and reception, they also did lighting for my reception and I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ! Thanks Modern Symphony for helping my wedding to be unforgettable!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Jerry · Married on 08/05/2017

Best run outfit out there. Very professionally run entertainment company out there. Don't look any farther for your music needs. Thanks for making our daughter wedding amazing. I will recommend you to all my friends

Sent on 08/07/2017

Roxann · Married on 08/05/2017

Steve Riconose was our DJ for my daughter's graduation and he was awesome. Not only did he incorporate all the specific songs we wanted but he filled in the gaps with great songs and as soon as the dancing started it didn't stop. I love that he was able to keep us bouncing and he knew how to keep it classy and tasteful. I plan on using him for all my future party needs. :)

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • O

Octavio · Married on 07/23/2017

Great experience with this professional and fun dj. We couldn't have asked for anyone better. Very accommodating and fun. Tim kept everything running smoothly overall the entire night. The music was exactly what we asked for!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Haley · Married on 07/23/2017

Tim was awesome! He was very attentive and prepared from the first correspondence. He was very flexible. The day of the wedding Tim and his assistant were perfect. The music was perfect. We gave him the requested songs for first dance, etc. along with some genres and he made it happen seemlessly. He even took a couple requests on the spot from the bride nd groom. He even helped us follow our timeline throughout the reception and took some photos! Great DJ and fun guy! Definitely exceeded our expectations and we would recommend him again and again!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Dorothy · Married on 07/22/2017

Junior at Modern Symphony did an excellent! He came out the day before for the rehearsal with the songs all prepared to do a run through, which was over an hour drive! He even helped us with last minute kinks and questions we had (not even involving DJing/Music). He met us at the reception venue the day before as well to feel out the spot and make sure we had the best flow for the following evening. He made our special day great and accommodated all of our request such as mid song changes for the Mother/Son Dance and last minute special song request. We had people on the dance floor until the very last song of the night! Would truly recommend without a doubt! Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Toni · Married on 06/24/2017

Tim did a great job. He played the songs we'd asked for and kept us dancing all night!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Niko · Married on 06/10/2017

Tim was excellent! For the short time we gave him to prepare for the wedding due to last minute changes, he made it look flawless! He played music that fit all of our personal requests and made sure to feel out the room to keep everyone dancing and partying all night. Seriously can't thank him enough for making our wedding that much more perfect. You're the man Tim!

Sent on 08/23/2017
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 05/20/2017

My wife and I were looking for a wedding DJ for our Atascadero wedding, and our caterer (Zest it up) suggested hiring Modern Symphony. We don't live in town, maybe three hours away or so, but despite this distance Mark Gonzales was always patient, organized, and communicative throughout the whole process. There was always a constant feeling that my wife and I didn't know what we were doing, but Mark was instrumental in helping us through our big day without any hookups. He provided a fill in sheet to put in some music we wanted to play, and had specific sections for what we wanted for first dance, bouquet toss, father/daughter dance, etc. which was incredibly helpful and helped paint a picture of our day.

Even up to the last few days before we were frantically emailing Mark to make sure the music was correct, or that the order was correct, or any number of the millions of small details that come up during wedding planning. He was patient and communicative throughout. When the big day finally came, the wedding could not have gone better, in my opinion. Mark definitely knew what music to play and what the mood of the audience was, and ensured that everybody had a great time. If you are looking to hire a DJ for an event on the Central Coast, I don't think you can do better than Modern Symphony.

10/10 would definitely hire Modern Symphony again!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

Mark was an amazing DJ! He was so much fun and worked with all our special requests! We had a special dance and intros for the wedding party and he killed it! Our wedding was a blast and thank you mark for making it even better!

Sent on 07/25/2017

JACKLYN · Married on 05/13/2017

Great customer service, responsive, personable, easy going. Made the whole prices easy and smooth. I worked with Tim Lopez, and he is very knowedgeable and professional. He even offered to lend a hand in setting some thibgs for us! Super nice guy! Very likeabke. Oh and Tim also does wedding coordinating so if you need help, he can definitely help you with that! And the music choice was awesome. Everyone had a great time, dancing till the very end of our reception. All around excellent service!! Would definitely recommend to all my friends!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Melody · Married on 05/06/2017

We had Mark Gonzales dj at our wedding in Big Sur and he was awesome! From the moment I spoke to him on the phone I trusted him to run our reception - he is courteous, genuine, and promt. During the planning process, he emailed me a few times just to check in and see if we needed anything which was really nice. He didn't bat an eye when we had to change our venue last minute. And every time I second guessed my schedule choice and would ask his advice, he offered a quick and thoughtful reply that calmed my indecisive soul! Finally and most importantly, he kept the dance floor packed all night! I will never forget looking over to see my mom and dad slow dancing to old school gangsta rap - so good!

Hire Mark, you definetly will not regret your choice!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Daisy · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ Mark is beyond amazing. He exceeded everyone of our expectations.. very professional, super friendly, and made the process go by with ease.. i would highly recommend DJ Mark and his company for any occasion. Whether it was music, lights, or the monogram it was all perfect!! Made our day very memorable & unique!
    A++