Modern Sound Deejays Reviews

54 | Brooklyn, NY

54 Reviews for Modern Sound Deejays

• User4852548 · event on: 11/22/2014

I will recommend them to any one who is looking for a DJ. Jonathan, was very professional and friendly, before the party he made sure every step was covered, on the party my daughter was the happiest girl ever. Even though we provided a list of songs for the party, Anthony, our DJ for the night improvised in everything my daughter and friends requested. After the party, because our packet also included videography they followed up promptly and sent us the copy of the pictures. It was a great party, with great music and sound. A night to remember. Thank you guys!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Laeana · Married on 07/02/2015

From the very first reply I received from Eric at Modern Sound Deejays (MSD), I just had a really good feeling that my wedding would be in the right hands. I was an eager bride, on a budget, and hunting for the best wedding packages we could afford without compromising on quality. As their very first bride to be booked as a new company, let me tell you – these guys did a PHENOMENAL job!! I was probably their biggest pain in the butt also lol I sent these guys an email like every week asking them all sorts of questions. However, Eric always responded kindly and had the utmost patience and respect. He always responded within minutes to a day or two at most, which was always appreciated. How could we NOT book them after they had shown time and time again that they were committed to making our day exactly how we envisioned?

I texted them the morning of the wedding to let them know that I forgot to include soca (not sure how I could do that since my whole family is Caribbean). At about 3 AM, I sent them the files for the two slideshows that would be played during the reception. Slideshows played without a hitch & everyone was in tears! And at the end of the night soca played! Earlier, ppl didn't show up for songs they were supposed to sing and MSD saved us from having awkward silences. Songs were added seconds b4 reception & still got played!

Our MC, Jonathon, was great! Checked in with us throughout the night about how things were going and how we wanted everything to go. He took a bunch of great shots of ppl on the dancefloor and caught moments that our photographer didn't get a chance to get so that was really awesome to see. Everyone told us the entire day was well organized and everything just “flowed” – and that is all thanks to Jonathon, Eric, and the team at MSD! I know this review was long, but I believe in giving respect where it’s due. These guys went above and beyond so it’s only fair that I return the favor. Book these guys! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Diana · event on: 12/08/2015

Modern Sound Deejays were amazing! Their entire team was easy going, on time, prepared, professional, unobtrusive, and made sure our guests has a blast. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Noah · Married on 05/29/2015

Modern Sound Deejays really did a tremendous job at our Wedding. Eric and Jonathon are extremely professional. It started with the video call we did in the beginning so they could introduce themselves to my wife and I. During the call they addressed all of our concerns and need. After that call, they were responsive via email usually replying within 24 hours. The Planner document they distribute and ask you to fill out is very useful so they know all the details for your wedding and all of our requests. The day of the wedding they pulled off audio for our outdoor ceremony 9 which included live music) and happy hour quite flawlessly. The day of the wedding they kept checking in with my wife and I to adapt to the wedding schedule since it changed slightly as the night progressed. Most importantly, the music was everything we wanted. They used their music selection wisely to get people dancing and keep them dancing. Many of the guests commented on "how great" the music was. Additionally, they kept it at a decibel level where people were still able to converse if they chose not to dance (although most chose to dance) They contiuned to be very attentive as the night moved on and even squeezed in a little more dancing at the end because everyone was having such a good time. Modern Sound Deejays were one of the many factors that helped make this night the best in my and my wife's life.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Thanks Noah, it was great working with you. You really knew your crowd and your list made our lives that much easier. Have never seen a couple so in love and so head over heels for each other. Would love to work with you again!