Modern Sound Deejays Reviews

54 | Brooklyn, NY

54 Reviews for Modern Sound Deejays

arielle · Married on 10/17/2015

Modern Sound Deejays did a fantastic job at our wedding. They were responsive, professional, open-minded, and helpful. They did a great job of both preparing in advance by learning about us and what our vision was, and also in adjusting the music in the moment by reading our guests. They also provided up lighting, which helped set a beautiful ambiance in our reception room, and kept the flow of the wedding evening moving seamlessly. We had so much fun at our wedding, and we are so happy we selected MSD for our big day!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Fantasia · Married on 10/12/2015

Modern Sound Deejays were amazing for my wedding. I booked them through Living Social. My wedding was on Columbus Day 2015.
    We have been in contact with Eric from Modern Sound since we purchased the deal. We got an add-on with our package and we went with the coverage for the ceremony. On top of this we even got strobe lights for the dance floor! (Unfortunately it was a brunch wedding so no one could really see it).
    Eric was very responsive to our questions and was very organized. We filled out a planner that they provided through Google docs. He even set up a teleconference to touch base before the wedding and was flexible when we had to reschedule.
    On the day of they were right on time! Everything went perfect. They provided a mic for our Rabbi and got all of music requests right. They were able to set for our outdoor ceremony. Our MC announced everyone into the reception hall perfectly. During the reception everyone had a great time and complimented the music. We danced and had the best time ever. If you want people who are down-to-earth, respectful, totally organized, and very fun, hire Modern Sound <3.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Fantasia! It was our pleasure being a part of your special day. I'm happy that you enjoyed our services and you're a top contender for dress of the year! :) congrats once again! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!

WOW - Modern Sound Deejays did an AMAZING job at our wedding!!! They were referred to us by friends and boy are we glad we went with their recommendation!!
    MSD were professional, responsive, well organized, affordable, had great music selection, and most importantly, genuine. They really care about making your day special and it came through in every interaction. Couldn't be happier with the service they provided - really good people. I HIGHLY recommend giving Eric and team a call if you're looking for a DJ/MC for any event in NY metro area!

Thank you modern Sound Deejays!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2015

AMAZING! Hands down one of the BEST weddings I've been to (and that's not just because it was mine!). Every guest that attended had a blast and that's because of you guys. Music was on point and working with the company was super easy and stress free! Prices were the best around too! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Laura · Married on 09/19/2015

Modern Sound Deejays did an awesome job at our wedding! They were professional, organized and very attentive. My wedding crowd was a Latin and American mix and they did a great job of reading the crowd and catering to all. I would strongly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Excellent company, nice guys and great DJs, easy to work with and very communicative, highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Angela · Married on 09/06/2015

Really stumbled upon them online and got so lucky! Music and food are the most important pieces of a wedding and they nailed it . Everyone from kids to grandparents were out on the floor all night .

Sent on 09/10/2015

Frankie · Married on 08/29/2015

When my husband told me our DJ would be traveling from NY to FL I was having a a job panic attack. This DJ company is absolutely amazing, from the moment they landed they were in contact with us. They worked with us late into the night just to perfect everything. They arrived at the venue before we did and went above an beyond. My guest never left the dance floor, they incorporated everyone and took every special requests! I would recommend them to everyone and anyone!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/22/2015

This review is well over do. I had hands down the best experience using Modern Sound Deejays.
    HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Eric B and his crew went way above and beyond, and we couldn't have been happier. One of the most organized vendor we worked with, and their performance at our wedding was phenomenal and exactly what we wanted. Eric was always accommodating when we wanted to meet before the wedding and go over ideas. Thank you for keeping everyone moving!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Eric · Married on 07/26/2015

Sully and I had a blast. I could expect no less from Modern Sound Deejays. From they got the entrances perfect, DJ Ant1 was keeping everyone up to the point where even at dinner people could not contain themselves and got up to dance anyway. DJ Cabo has to be the best MC out there and kept the crowd even more excited than they already were. The main introductions were everything I asked for and I couldn't have been happier than I already was marrying the woman of my dreams. Would I hire them again? Is that even a question?

Sent on 07/29/2015

Alexander · Married on 07/18/2015

These guys are respectful, professional, and accommodating, They did our wedding a few days ago. They played every song we requested and were quite good at getting people up on the dance floor despite a mixed crowd of guests. My wife and I highly recommend them and definitely would use them again.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Alex, Thank you for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and truly hope that we can work together again! Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!

Paola · Married on 07/04/2015

I truly love these guys!!! I had my wedding on Saturday, 4th of July, They were so great. They made sure everything they did was right and they knew exactly what songs I liked without me telling them. I can't rave enough about these guys! Music was incredible I wish the reception was longer so they can make me dance some more! Days after wedding, family and friends still say how good the music was. Will hire again hands down in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Bianca · Married on 06/06/2015

I worked mostly with Eric. He is extremely professional, flexible and responsive. He always made himself available to meet or answer any of my questions. The MC during the wedding was very focused and wanted to make sure to please us. He was also on top of the order of events which I found to be super helpful. They played an awesome mix of our requests and everyone had a blast! I would highly recommend working with them. You can tell they love what they do.

Sent on 08/14/2015

JULIE · Married on 04/04/2015

My husband and I are beyond blessed to be able to work with Modern Sound Deejays. Eric was so amazing throughout this wedding journey very professional, on time and did everything he can to keep us happy. My guest have continued to speak about all the fun they had my whole dance floor was full there was not 1 guest sitting down. I will continue to keep modern sound deejays in mind for every event

Love always
    Julie and Jonathan Rodriguez

Sent on 04/15/2015

Alexandra · Married on 02/21/2015

I called Jonathan in a moment of despair haha! There were 5 days left before the wedding and we decided we would like to have a DJ. He did EVERYTHING he could to accommodate us. He had a previous commitment and for an entire day he tried to manage that to see if he could DJ us too. He eventually said he could not change the schedule, but again, he did EVERYTHING to find us another DJ. He was very open and told us he only wants to recommend good DJs, so he had to search longer. He also did everything possible to accommodate our budget constraints. After a day of search, he found me a DJ, an amazing DJ that came with his MC and arranged the whole restaurant with lights. The music was amazing, the atmosphere was great and my guests are still sending me messages telling me how much fun they had and how great the music was.
    I recommend Jonathan and I will personally keep his contact for the future, for any events!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Fernando · Married on 01/04/2015

These guys really helped us with all our concerns and questions we had. Even until the day before the wedding when we were still undecided about our first song and entrance song. The played our list of music we requested and we couldn't be more happier with the outcome, they made our day really special.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2014

Where do I start? From the first time I spoke with Jonathan on the telephone, he was straightforward, helpful, kind, and so enthusiastic. He and his team (Eric and Anthony) took the time to meet me and my now husband in person to make us feel comfortable, Jonathan kept himself incredibly accessible to me, communicating with me whenever I had questions or ideas on the days leading up to the wedding, and they worked with our budget. I requested sound equipment for my outdoor ceremony at the last minute, and they came through, they remained flexible with our song choices and dance requests up until the last minute, they made me feel good about the party we were throwing at every stage of the planning process, and most of all, every single guest told me they just wished we had one more hour to dance. Anthony was our DJ and Jonathan was the emcee, and we could not have been more thrilled. Working with them was stress-free, and they made our wedding celebration amazing. I just home we find an occasion to do it again!

Sent on 01/19/2015

I recommend them to everyone!!! They knew exactly what I wanted and nailed it! Our guests never left the dance floor and really loved them, too!!!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Michelle · event on: 11/08/2014

Modern Sound DJ's are the best. The lighting that was provided in the service set the party off! The team was very flexible as the schedule of the event was constantly changing. They were open to requests and kept it very professional. I am referring them to all my friends and family and I WILL call on them again for my next event.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Tajaira · Married on 07/24/2011

Best DJs ever!

this team of DJ's had our wedding jumping from beginning to end. half of the guests are Caribbean and the other half were mostly American and Eric and his partner really executed the music selection so well! Eric was professional and very responsive the entire time while planning the wedding and he answered all questions. all of our guests said this was the best wedding they have ever been to and could not stop complimenting the DJ. you guys were amazing keep doing a great job and maybe we'll work together again in the future. thanks again for an awesome wedding, we are so thankful!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Brenda · event on: 11/29/2014

Modern Sound Deejays are phenomenal in all their dealings. Erick was always quick to respond to my questions. When we sat down to discuss my needs for the family reunion he was friendly, efficient made great suggestions and worked with me from beginning to end. During the actual family reunion Modern Sound Dee Jays staff were spot on with everything. Several guests commented that it was one of the best DJ's they have ever had. Can not recommend them enough! Thanks for everything!! You guys rock!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Thanks Brenda! Man, what a crowd!!! Loved doing your event, look forward to working with you again!!!

April · event on: 12/06/2014

I absultley loved working with Modern DJ. They were very responsive and was very will to work with my budget. I LOVED that Jonathan took pictures throught the entire evening. We saw things going on that I would have missed otherwise. They made my daughetr's 21st birthday party a party to remember! Thank you SO much!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Thank you April! It was a pleasure working with you. Look forward to working together again in the future!
  • User4622888 · event on: 12/06/2014

I hired them for a huge campus wide party event at SUNY Purchase. The package and equipment was absolutely amazing and over the top. They showed such professionalism – an hour before the party was scheduled to start they were already prepared and set up. The music was great, and flowed to adjust with the crowd's vibe. Everybody enjoyed it! They are very responsive and communicate well and fast!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Modern Sound Deejays's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a blast working with you and your Eboard! Look forward to more events!
    Cheers!

Justin · event on: 11/14/2014

The group remained enthusiastic and willing even when the attendance initially seemed low. They came with all they had and we'd use them again every time!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Joanne · event on: 10/18/2014

Jonathan was a delight. He played all the music that we asked for, and could definitely read the crowd. He was professional and courteous through and through. I would recommend him to anyone that is in need of DJ services.

Sent on 12/24/2014