Modern Romance Travel Reviews

51 | San Ramon, CA

51 Reviews for Modern Romance Travel

Sal · Married on 11/10/2017

Had our destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico! Melissa with Modern Romance Travel recommended the Hyatt Ziva and we loved it. Melissa was amazing with organizing all of our guest's travel arrangements. We had a large wedding as far as guests and everything went totally smooth. A bus was waiting for us at the airport and everyone was satisfied with the service. Our guests were also very pleased at the fact that they were able to book their room and make payments to the room, vice paying it all at once.

I will definitely recommend Modern Romance Travel to my friends and family!!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you Sal for taking the time to write this review. We truly enjoyed working with you and Laura. It makes me so happy to be a part of your happily ever after. We wish you both nothing it the best. Your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Marissa · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa and Modern Romance Travel are absolutely amazing. Melissa made our honeymoon to Tahiti so easy! We spent two nights on Moorea and four nights on Bora Bora. Everything from our flights, car to/from the hotel and Catamaran were all squared away and made easy for us. One of our connecting flights was delayed and Melissa immediately emailed us letting us know. Melissa gave us suggestions for activities to do on both of the islands and how to book the activities. She also recommending we stay at the Thalasso while on Bora Bora and the hotel was breathtakingly beautiful! We will continue to book with Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Lyndale · Married on 10/05/2017

Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice, assistance, & amazing recommendation in helping plan our family reunion! I appreciate everything you've done to take the stress away in coordinating this great reunion & what so happened to be a memorable 30th birthday. We all had a blast & this trip is definitely one for the books! Hard Rock is the best! You're the best!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Lyndale for this amazing review! I loved working with you and your family. I am so happy that you had a wonderful reunion and vacation!!

Trisha · Married on 09/23/2017

Once I got my travel information to them, they got all my transportation to and from the resort together, and everything was set up with the resort and there were smooth transitions everywhere. I got a printed and emailed itinerary which was accurate and nice to have. Thanks a lot! Made attending this destination wedding a breeze!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Tricia for taking the time to write this great review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at Hard Rock. It was an amazing wedding for an incredible couple. Thank you so much again!!!

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2017

Great experience. She was always ready to answer any of my questions and had a response within 24 hours. Melissa Varela is awesome!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that your wedding was fantastic!! I loved working with you two and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

John · Married on 04/29/2017

Melissa will take care of you, I had a late add on to our hotel room because my girlfriend had to figure out her school schedule and she was able to add my girlfriend to our room without a problem. She also ensured that we had transportation from the airport to the hotel and vise versa for the way home. I had a great vacation and didn't have to worry about anything once I got to the hotel!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review John!!! I really appreciate it. I am so happy you had a great time at the wedding and at Hard Rock Riviera Maya!!

Mary D. · Married on 04/28/2017

Melissa from Modern Romance Travel was absolutely amazing! By just the start of our conversations with Melissa, you can already see the friendliness and passion she feels about making your dream wedding. She is very knowledgeable and helped the processs of planning a destination wedding run so smoothly. She was very attentive to all of our needs, and was quick to respond and follow up on all our questions. Melissa also was great with our guests, she personally answered all their questions, set up their transportion, and helped make their travels run smoothly. She is very detailed and anticipates all needs! Melissa and Modern romance travel is without a doubt the way to go with your destination wedding! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

It was truly an honor to be a part of your happy ever after, M and A!! Reading this review makes me so happy and solidifies my love for planning destination weddings. I loved working with the both of you. You are an incredible couple. Thank you again for choosing me to help you plan your wedding. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review! Wishing you both the best in your new journey together! I am so excited to see your professional photos and video. I know they will be stunning!!

Andrew · Married on 04/28/2017

The Modern Romance Travel Agency is definitely the best option any bride and groom should contact if they want to do a destination wedding. I was very impressed with our travel agent Melissa Varela. Her dedication and easy means of communication were essential to making our destination wedding dreams come true.
    Melissa has done countless destination weddings, and it definitely was proven to us through this whole process. She was able to provide detailed information about every question we had. She was extremely knowledgeable about each resort she presented to us and matched the perfect resort with the services and amenities we had on our wedding list. She kept close communication with us as well as the resort we had chosen; if we were not being answered by the resort she made sure they would contact us within the next day.
    She also took care of accommodating all our wedding guests and ensuring that they all had ground transportation from the airport to the resort as well as transportation back to the airport. Each of our guests could not stop talking about how friendly and professional she was. They mentioned that she was very flexible regarding payments and punctual with deadlines she provided. In addition, she provided every guest with an itinerary of their trip a couple weeks before their departure. In that package, she provided some helpful tips on how to plan your stay in the resort and suggested items to bring.
    Overall, Modern Romance Travel Agency has surpassed my expectations for a destination wedding. More specifically, Melissa has gone above and beyond to ensure the gratification of the bride/groom and their wedding guests. I cannot thank her enough for making our wedding dreams a reality. I definitely recommend them to any bride and groom that wish to inquire about a destination wedding. You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much A and M for this fantastic review. It means so much . Your wedding was incredible and everything came together beautifully. Thank you again for trusting me with your wedding. it was a joy and honor to work with you two. Best wishes!

Marium · Married on 03/11/2017

Melissa was amazing! She helped from start to finish. She was knowledgable and prompt. She did offer me the best rate possible, she even beat the hotels group rate! She helped every single one of my guests which saved me a headache! She even helped us schedule a private tour to do some sightseeing.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Sheela · Married on 01/15/2017

Melissa is patient, organized, informative, and truly so helpful. She is authentically kind and caring. Several of our guests came up to us at our wedding and said how helpful she was and how pleasant it was to deal with her. She is very comprehensive and thorough and can help the most indecisive couple make the perfect choice. I would recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much S & A for this amazing review! I truly appreciate it, it means so much! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. Your photos were gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest of them. Thank you again for sharing your experiences, it reinforces my love for this industry and job. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

Nerissa · Married on 11/18/2016

So glad we chose Modern Romance Travel for our destination wedding. I found Melissa from a list of Wow Specialists on Hard Rock Vallarta's website. After meeting Melissa for the first time I knew we were in good hands. Planning a destination wedding may seem overwhelming, but after working with her I highly recommend it. Melissa took care of all the travel stress for us. She answered any and all questions our wedding guests had. She updated us on the travel details and kept us on track up until our wedding day.
    I am truly thankful for having Melissa by my side. She lifted a huge amount of work off of my plate. If you have any reservations about planning a destination wedding...keep calm and call Melissa!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much N & A for the review. It was an honor to help you plan your destination wedding. It was an absolute pleasure working with you two. I am so happy that your friends and family had a great time at Hard Rock. Your pictures were stunning! I wish you both nothing but the best!

I never thought I would be able to pull off a destination wedding but THANK GOD for Melissa! She was super sweet to work with on all the travel arrangements for me and all my guests. She also went above and beyond by working with the resort to help me make the most of our wedding/trip. It was the perfect wedding and honeymoon for me and my husband. We're going to work with her again for our anniversary trip!

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much M & G for taking the time to write this review. I really appreciate it. I LOVED working with you and your guests! Your photos were stunning. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!!

Michelle · Married on 01/09/2016

I love Melissa. She provided excellent customer service while she was assisting us plan our trip with our Disney Cruise to the Caribbean. She help us booked our flights, hotel, transportation and excursions at the ports of call. She gave us wonderful suggestions on dining and places to visit. I would recommend her to plan your next trip.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much M & N for taking the time to write this review. It is always a joy to work with your family. I really appreciate your review. I can't wait to help you plan your next trip! :)

Juan · Married on 12/06/2015

The services provided by Modern Romance Travel exceeded all of our expectations! If you are looking to have a destination wedding Melissa of Modern Romance Travel is the person you need to work with. Her professionalism, attention to detail, and industry experience made our planning process easy and stress free. All along the way of the process we were pleasantly surprised by all the little extra services, and assistance she provided to all of our friends and family. We could not have the wedding of our dreams without Modern Romance Travel.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

It was truly an honor to be a part of your happy ever after, J and E! I loved working with the both of you. You are both are so amazing! Thank you again for choosing me to help you plan your wedding. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review! Wishing you both the best in your new journey together! I am so excited to see your photos! I know they will be stunning!!

Shar · Married on 10/30/2015

Melissa was awesome! We started planning dates and travel over a year ahead of our wedding. Because it was so far in advance, we had a few date changes and room changes. Melissa was very quick to reply, flexible with our changes and willing to go above and beyond for us. We had an issue with responsiveness with our wedding coordinator and she was able to help bridge the gap and as wer questions that were not necessarily related to the services she provided.

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much S & D for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that your wedding was fantastic!! I loved working with you two and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

Michelle · Married on 07/25/2015

We had the pleasure of using Modern Romance Travel for our destination wedding and I am so happy we did- they are absolutely fantastic! From the first day Melissa Varela (owner of Modern Romance Travel) was there to answer all our questions (and we had many!) plus went above and beyond with not only travel knowledge but with her professionalism, patience and ability to make us feel valued. Melissa is very sweet and knows her trade from the inside out; everything from assisting us in choosing our location, suggesting dates that were cohesive to the time of the year (a hurricane is definitely not ideal during a wedding ceremony) as well as suggesting resorts that fit us best. Melissa took the time to explain each location (such as theme & style, resort credits offered, what’s included / not included, etc.) and also offered us her experience based on her personal travels to Mexico; she is a seasoned traveler and will provide you with location tips and perspective regarding each property. My spouse and I chose the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya (approximately one hour south of Cancun) in July 2015 and we were not disappointed. The resort was amazing; the atmosphere was fun & modern, the customer service was attentive & friendly and the food quality & variety surpassed our expectations- our guests were extremely impressed. Modern Romance Travel's dedication to a job well done and making their clients happy is an evident priority. Throughout the whole booking process Melissa remained in constant contact with us by providing guest updates, a detailed explanation of the total cost, as well as flight suggestions, just to name a few. Even when our travel arrangements had been finalized, Melissa would reach out to us and inquire if there was anything else she could assist us with- you rarely find that level of customer service anymore. Thank you Modern Romance Travel for making our special day even more wonderful and cheers to your continued success! XOXO, Michelle & Ten Garcia

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much M & T for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that your wedding was fantastic!! I loved working with you two and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

Victoria · Married on 07/06/2015

Melissa Varela from Modern Romance Travel made all the arrangements once we chose our destination style wedding at the all-inclusive Hard Rock PUNTA CANA, Dominican Republic. She was there from start to finish in all aspects of planning. I don't know what we would have done without her. She is an amazing WOW Wedding Specialist and so great to work with. We'd pick her all over again if we were to do it again. :)

Sent on 02/11/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much V & C for this amazing review! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. Your photos were stunning, !! Thank you again for sharing your experiences, it reinforces my love for this industry and job. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

Cristina · Married on 06/20/2015

Modern Romance Travel did an amazing job with helping us plan our destination wedding. She exceeded all of our expectations! Planning a destination wedding can be difficult and sometimes overwhelming, but Melissa is very knowledgeable and willing to help with all situations. She helped me narrow down the resorts and we ultimately chose the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We really enjoyed the Hard Rock and so did our guests. She handled all of our guests and their questions. She also booked our guests’ rooms for them and contacted the guests directly. Modern Romance Travel was great about getting back to me and providing whatever information I needed. When Modern Romance Travel takes care of your wedding, you won’t have to worry about one single detail. Melissa did a phenomenal job and made sure our wedding day was much better than we could have ever dreamed of. Our day was perfect. We would recommended Modern Romance Travel to anyone even slightly considering a destination wedding in fact even to couples that aren’t even engaged yet. From the minute we started working with Modern Romance Travel, she made wedding planning completely stress free and I cannot thank her enough for going above and beyond! We are grateful for Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thanks C & V for the review! I really appreciate it. It was fantastic to work with you both! I am so very happy that your wedding was perfect!! I love the pictures. Wishing you both lots of love and happiness!!

Stacy · Married on 06/13/2015

We met Melissa Varela of Modern Romance Travel by chance while waiting in line for customs coming back from a vacation in Mexico when we were still dating. We both wanted a destination wedding, so several months later, once we were engaged, we contacted Melissa to enlist her help in planning our wedding. Melissa was simply AMAZING to work with from the beginning of planning the wedding to several weeks after the wedding. She helped us decide on a location for our wedding by providing us with numerous options for resorts including what was offered and the cost of the different wedding packages at each of the resorts, what promotions were available for the bride and groom and the guests, and what dates, times, and locales were available. Since Melissa had personally visited all of the resorts we were looking at, she was able to give us her candid impression of the resorts, which we found very helpful. We, and our guests, had a ton of questions throughout this whole process and Melissa always answered not only our inquires and concerns, but those of our family and friends, quickly and thoroughly. We never had to worry about any of the details of the wedding because Melissa served as a liaison between us and the travel company (who handled all of the guests accommodations and travel to and from the airport) and the resort (who managed all of the specific details of our wedding). We truly felt that Melissa had our best interests at hand and wanted our wedding experience to be special. Melissa facilitated resolving any issues we experienced even after the wedding. We would undoubtedly recommend Melissa Varela to anyone planning a destination wedding or family vacation!

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you again S & S for this stellar review!! And Thank you for letting me be a part of your happy ever after! I loved working with you both. I wish you both the best today and always.
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 06/06/2015

Melissa from Modern Romance Travel has been phenomenal. I am soo glad I found her since she is very knowledgeable with her resorts out in Cancun. She pointed me to the correct resort just by me letting her know what I had in mind and my wedding turned out great. Thank you so much Melissa for everything and for helping my guests out in booking and explaining all the details. I would highly recommend Melissa to coordinate your travel needs.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Y & J for the review. It was an honor to help you plan your destination wedding. I am so happy that your friends and family had a great time at Hard Rock. Your pictures were gorgeous! I wish you both nothing but the best!

Laura · Married on 10/18/2014

Melissa made planning our honeymoon to Bora Bora a breeze! She answered all questions, gave suggestions leaving us prepared and excited for our trip. She provides 5 star service and has converted us into lifetime customers. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much L & D for the review! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback. I was confident that Bora Bora would be the perfect honeymoon for you two! I wish you both lots of love and happiness!

Patricia · Married on 09/14/2014

Melissa is a Godsend! She found us the greatest deals for our cruise and excursions. Very responsive, friendly, and easy to work with.

Sent on 02/20/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much P for taking the time to write this review! I really appreciate it! Your kind words mean so much! Thanks again!!

Melissa made my wedding very easy especially since it was a destination wedding. The whole process was easier and she was extremely helpful.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I really appreciate it! I wish you both the best! It was wonderful to work with you both.

Bernadette · Married on 08/20/2011

Almost anyone can plan a trip these days, with websites such as tripadvisor or Lonely Planet leading the way. But through the many trips my husband and I have traveled together, we have learned that it's the little things that make all the difference when it comes to travel planning, and with Melissa, she's got all the little things covered...and then some. From the very moment we first started planning our Disney Cruise with Melissa, she was very warm, attentive, accommodating to our requests, and extremely responsive. She made planning, booking and finalizing all of our vacation details a breeze, giving us helpful tips and tools to make sure we were prepared for every step of our of the way. We will definitely be using her services for our future vacations. Thanks Melissa!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much J & B for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to work with you both. Thank you again for choosing me to help you with your cruise. I look forward to helping you plan more of your dream vacations!
  • Irene

Irene V. · Married on 04/26/2019

Seamless Process!

From the beginning to the very end, Melissa and her team were so great to work with! They made the entire process of arranging hotel/travel accommodations for my wedding party so easy. Melissa has her clients' best interests in mind and goes the extra mile to make sure they are happy. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

We are so grateful for your kind words! We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our team will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for sharing your review with us and with the community. We wish you all the best !