MKJ Farm Barn Weddings Reviews

97 | Deansboro, NY

97 Reviews for MKJ Farm Barn Weddings

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2016

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! Jack is seriously the most outgoing and sweetest people I have ever met. He will go out of his way to make sure everything is perfect. The property has so many different areas for photos and is very well maintained. The barn itself is simply beautiful! So many compliments from guests. Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more.

Sent on 01/22/2017

Ana · Married on 09/19/2016

For the short amount of time we had to plan, finding MKJ on wedding wire was a blessing. The response time from the owner was fast. After many venues either never called back. My husband and I wanted an outdoor wedding, when we saw the pond it was EXACTLY what we were looking for. The scenery is just impeccable, breathtaking, and highlights why upstate NY is a gem. Jack the owner is friendly, and genuinely cares how your special day pans out. He gave us advise that certainly helped in our planning process. Overall this place is worth the time and the money!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kimberly · Married on 09/16/2016

We just had our wedding here, literally yesterday! My new husband and I couldn't wait to get home and write all amazing things about MKJ Farm! The owner Jack is amazing and knows exactly what to do to make the day go off without any issues what so ever!! Jack is more than just the venue owner he is the full package providing clean up, bus service, bar, etc he was better than a wedding planner! And the scenery!!! Don't get me started! I can't say enough good things about the whole day! Jack and this amazing venue/experience made our wedding more than we could ever imagine!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Hilary · Married on 09/10/2016

Couldn't say enough about Jack (the owner) and MKJ Farms. The property was amazing and the quality of service couldn't have been better. From entertaining the kids with UTV rides of the farm to accommodating a location change of the ceremony with an hours notice, Jack is the perfect guy for the job. If you're looking into putting on a barn wedding, you NEED to check out MKJ!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Ariel · Married on 09/09/2016

Not only was this a beautiful setting with a HUGE barn for your reception, the owner was phenomenal and made the day 100 times better! Jack was running around with my family with last minute set-ups and even had to make a trip to the store for something we didn't have. He truly made me feel like I was his number one priority for that day and definitely helped relieve stress and make the day run smoothly! Everyone needs a Jack when they get married!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Noelle · Married on 07/30/2016

We just had our wedding reception and ceremony on site at MKJ July 30th 2016. It was absolutely the most beautiful setting for our special day. I can't say enough about the owner, Jack. He goes out of his way to see that your day is stress free and ours truly was. My guests had a blast! Highly recommend to anyone considering that unique atmosphere for their special day!

Sent on 08/03/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Noelle - I am so glad that your guests enjoyed your wedding day. Your wedding was lovely and we, here at MKJ, were happy we could help make it special for you.
  • Marlyne

Marlyne · Married on 07/24/2016

Jack and his team are the best. . Jack goes out of his way to see that your day is stress free
    We just had our wedding reception and ceremony on site at MKJ July 24th 2016. It was absolutely the most beautiful setting for our barn wedding! . I. My guests had a blast! He operated the shuttle which we rented for the day ( great idea for the wedding day and worth every penny at only 600$) and gave most of the guests a hillbilly limo ride as he called it!

We found this venue on wedding wire and from the first sight, we knew we would have our wedding there We can't say enough about the owner Jack Bushman, he has been there for us every step of the way.

Sent on 08/05/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Marlyne and Dan - so glad you enjoyed your wedding day! You had a wonderful group of people. Thanks for letting MKJ be a part of your event!

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2016

We had our wedding at MKJ Farm on July 15, 2016. It was the most beautiful venue. Jack and his staff was so accommodating and friendly. Anybody thing we needed, big or little, they did it. It ended up raining and soaked the seats by the pond, so Jack and everyone set up a barrel for the ceremony quickly in the barn. One of our favorite parts was going inside the fence to pet the horses and take photos with them. I would highly recommend the shuttle too! Our guests were so thankful for it. We could not have asked for a better venue, service, and wedding! It truly was a wonderful day. If you are looking for a barn/rustic wedding, this is the place. Thanks again to Jack and his staff!

Sent on 07/17/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Lauren - sorry about the weather - but the barn ceremony was lovely! We are so glad that you and your guests enjoyed your day! The horses said to say "Hi".

MaryBeth · Married on 07/09/2016

Jack is the man! We found this venue on wedding wire and are over the moon about our wedding next year. We can't say enough about the owner Jack Bushman, he has been there for us every step of the way. When we got engaged all we heard was how incredibly stressful the wedding planning was going to be. So far it has been virtually stress free, Jack has helped us deal with everything from my guitar that was damaged on the flight to NY to how many deviled eggs to order. Jack has helped us plan the wedding of our dreams at the right price, with his help we were able to invite all our loved ones, 500 and counting!

Sent on 07/29/2015

stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

I just had my wedding at MKJ three days ago. Jack is awesome. He handles everything on the day of the wedding and really tries to help make it the best day of your life. His staff are extremely friendly and professional. The venue is gorgeous with numerous photo opportunities. He even picked up all of our beer from a nearby store before the ceremony and when we ran out of certain types of liquor, he made a trip to buy more for us. Top notch venue and owner. If you choose MKJ, you will not be sorry!

Sent on 06/28/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Stephanie - I'm glad that we were able to help make your day everything you had dreamed. It was a lovely day and a wonderful party!

ashley · Married on 06/24/2016

You cannot find a better venue & owner than MKJ farm/Jack. From beginning to end, Jack was beyond helpful and responsive. He is so laid back which is just what I was looking for. I had open creative freedom and he was more than willing to help with ANYTHING. He opens both his house and venue to all. We were able to get ready in his house on the hill which is gorgeous with the most amazing view. I got to hang out with horses on my wedding day and so much more (I won't ruin any surprises if you go with this venue). It was the best day of my life and it was everything I dreamt of and SO MUCH MORE. I wish it could have lasted longer. Love MKJ, Love Jack and you will too.

Sent on 06/27/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Ashley - thank you for the review. We were so happy that you had the day of your dreams. It was a pleasure to help all of you with your special day!

Jack was great to work with. He addressed every concern we voiced and was extremely accommodating. He gave us plenty of time to set up, and the day of the wedding he checked with us several times throughout the day to see if we needed anything. I don't think you will find anyone easier to work with and more friendly.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

Let me just start out by Saying JACK is the BEST !!! He is not only great to work with but he is there for from start to finish!! anything and everything you need he has a solution for you!! We ran out of cranberry juice 2x at the bar and with out any questions jack ran to the store and got more! Working with him truly made my wedding the BEST OF MY LIFE!! I highly recommend JACK and MKJ FARMS!!!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Katie - I was happy to do what ever you needed to make the day go smoothly. Your guests seemed to have a great time and I'm glad that you were too! Thank you!

Stacey · Married on 10/04/2015

This is a wonderful place. There are slot of barn venues around but not like this one. Not only is it beautiful but the service provided is like none other. The owner opens his home up to you. He will help you plan a great event. He makes you feel like family. I would highly recommend this place to have your party!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Heather · Married on 09/27/2015

MKJ Farm is the most beautiful wedding location. More importantly Jack the owner is the most amazing wedding coordinator ever! My wedding was 9/27/15 and Jack took care of everything. He alone is worth every penny of the cost and more. He will fix any issue from dress malfunction to panic attacks and everything in between. I can't express his outstanding professionalism more. As for the venue it speaks for itself just go see it. It's breathtaking!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Marie · Married on 09/27/2015

I am mother of the bride. I cannot say enough about this venue! Jack goes way above and beyond for everyone. There is no place you can go that would provide more generosity than Jack provides. He make everything so relaxed and easy! This is a beautiful venue with EXCEPTIONAL service! You will not find a better place to hold your events. Jack is worth the price alone.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Not only was the venue gorgeous and very affordable, Jack was there the entire time to lend a hand and make sure everything went smoothly. I never worried about something going wrong or being forgotten because Jack was there at every turn. Thank you Jack and MKJ Farm!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/05/2015

If I could give this venue six stars I would. We are an offbeat couple that lives downstate with family in CNY so we planned everything from afar. After looking at several other venues and dealing with the politics of money-hungry planners, we stumbled onto MKJ. Here is the short of it: The owner, Jack, is by far one of the nicest people I have ever met. He is easy to reach, answered all of our questions and welcomed us into his home, more than once like we were family. He worked with us 110% on whatever we wanted and needed for the day. We used his home on the property for the entierty of our wedding. He made extra special accommodations for family members with limited mobility. He and his staff helped with set up and clean up after the reception.
    The venue: Its bare bones and a complete clean slate (no extra fee for an on-site ceremony). We DIYed all of the decor to match our vision and it was perfect. Some items we didn't have were provided by the venue. It has a brand new kitchen for catering for a small extra fee. The ceremony site is wooded and beautiful, the barn is huge and rustic. (And hot in summer)
    In summary- We got the laid back day we were dreaming of. No muss, no fuss and no bad attitude from any of our vendors. Jack saw to every detail we needed. His heart and soul go into his business and it really shows.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Duane · Married on 08/15/2015

The owner Jack has the ability to make a great time EVERYTIME! I am the father of the groom. He made the entire process of planning to wedding day seamless and simple. During the wedding and reception he takes care of anything that needs to be done and he is invisible. We had a fantastic time and I highly recommend MKJ farm for any wedding or event party.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/25/2015

We picked MKJ in January with the barn full of boats, RV’s and more during a snowstorm so the barn wasn’t in its normal wedding season prime (which the barn is beautiful) however, we chose MKJ for Jack and the customer service that he brings to every wedding. Anything you need, he will do, just give him the instructions and it will be done for your day. In addition, he is okay with making the tough decisions when the bride and groom don’t want to! The weather was a little iffy on our day and we didn’t want to deal with it so we said eh, let’s just move it to the barn but Jack stepped in and said he couldn’t let us do that and the weather was clearing up. I’m so glad he spoke up and took charge! The sun came out and our ceremony was gorgeous and the sun right after a little drizzle made for some amazing photos too! MKJ is not a stuffy wedding venue so if you want your guests to have an unbelievable and relaxed time, choose Jack and MKJ, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Amy · Married on 07/11/2015

The venue is spacious and beautiful. Jack, the owner, will help you transform the barn into whatever you want it to be. He makes sure everything behind the scenes runs smooth so that you don't have to worry. We ran out of gin and Jack was back with more before anyone even noticed. Not only does he own the barn, but he becomes your coordinator for the day. We were able to sit back and relax knowing he was there. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Doug · Married on 06/06/2015

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Jack and MKJ Farm. We live in NYC and wanted to do a very laid back rustic wedding ceremony and reception upstate and started googling and searching weddingiwre for the right venue. We happened to stumble upon Jack and MKJ and consider ourselves extremely lucky to do so - we would go back up there in a heartbeat!

Besides the venue being absolutely picture perfect (gorgeous vast open barn, rolling hills into the horizon, a nice small pond to have an outside ceremony by, etc), Jack was so amazing to work with. His mission, as others reviewers have said, is to really make this as stress free a day as it can be. He is there to do anything you need, whether it's shuttling guests from their cars/or the bus to the ceremony, throw a heater on if it gets cold, restock supplies that are getting low, or giving a grandma a blanket to keep her warm. He really goes above and beyond what is expected, and the best part is he genuinely enjoys this. When you talk to him you can 100% hear the joy in his voice even though he has to be dead tired after his last wedding of the weekend. Numerous guests even came up to us the day after the wedding commenting how nice and helpful Jack was. My wife and I really wish we could give Jack and MKJ 10 stars, but 5 will have to do.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Allison · Married on 05/29/2015

I cannot say enough about this venue and the owner, Jack! Throughout the whole planning process the owner was always easy to get ahold of and willing to help in any way. He made the whole process less stressful and fun! The barn is beautiful, big bar along the side, plenty of room. The outdoor/indoor option for a ceremony was very convenient. We ran out of liquor during the reception and he went out and bought us extra and was back within minutes!! I would recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Absolutely amazing venue. All my guests loved it. The owner, Jack, is extremely awesome - he got me anything I needed. He helped with my photographer and drove me to the ceremony. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Robert · Married on 09/26/2014

Wow amazing , This was perfect my daughters wedding was wonderful and ...Thank you Jack and mkj farme you made it a stress less day for us....

Sent on 09/28/2014