MIXTAPE cover band Reviews

33 | Brooklyn, NY

33 Reviews for MIXTAPE cover band

Trindy · Married on 10/27/2013

When I started to do my research on wedding bands one thing was clear, I didn't want a typical wedding band. I wanted something different, something we can rock to. A typical 'concert' style rock band. Nothing Beyonce, nothing Rhianna, and certainly nothing Black Eye Peas. I wanted a new fresh take on a wedding band. Once I started looking, I kept coming back to Mixtape. Nothing else seemed to compare. Once I started speaking with Melanie, everything I expected and wanted came to life. Instantly she wasn't just a vendor, she was a friend who was helping me produce the best wedding possible. Melanie understood my vision, my taste in music, my guests and together we came up with the best playlist possible. We met during her own time to come and do a walk through of the venue and understand the event timing. She helped put together my ceremony music and cocktail hour playlist. We ended up having a guitarist play as we walked down the isle and a trio band for cocktail hour. Finally the full band rocked my guests socks off during the reception. Nothing was too much trouble. They learned our first dance song and father daughter song, and both were perfect. Our guests came up to us through the night telling us how fantastic they were and they have never heard a wedding band quiet like them. Still today we get compliments. One even saying - 'Where can I go hear them play in concert?' I can't thank Melanie and the Mixtape cover band for hipsters enough for making our day truly magical. I can't wait to have another event where I can use them again.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Alex · Married on 10/12/2013

Weddings are filled with countless things to worry about, crisis and hidden costs. However, Melanie immediately put at ease about our band choice. She's friendly, professional, and helpful when making song choices from their deep repertoire.

On our wedding day, the band was the highlight of the night. They sounded fantastic from start to finish. The mix of motown, classic rock, newer hits and indie music had something for everyone. I think some of the older guests danced more than our younger friends did! It's been 2 months since our wedding day and people are still talking about Mixtape when they see us.

When you hire Mixtape you know you're getting a high quality, professional, and easy to work with band. My only disappointment is that I don't have another big event to hire for!

Sent on 12/14/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/07/2012

From beginning to end, Melanie and the Mixtape Band were an absolute pleasure to work with. We felt like we were working with old friends...who also happened to be incredibly professional, insanely talented, and punctual to boot! From our ceremony, cocktail hour, and especially our reception, I don't think Blue Hill has ever rocked so hard. Our guests were on their feet from the minute the music started and didn't leave the dance floor all night long. I cannot say enough about how amazing it was to have them at our wedding. If your band is a priority, you can't go wrong with Mixtape. They were a dream :)

Sent on 11/12/2012

Liza · Married on 09/15/2012

We had Mixtape play at our Asbury Park, September 15, 2012 wedding. Without a doubt, Mixtape was the absolute best, most talented, funnest, hippest, smartest wedding band EVER! We can not say enough good things about them. They were unquestionably the best part of our wedding. They looked good, sounded amazing, and played the best songs. They showed the utmost professionalism, both in musicianship/ ability as well as attitude, presentation, and commitment to our event. From beginning to end, Melanie made sure she understood us as a couple and understood our event. She was a dream to work with, responding promptly to emails and with a professional but warm and personal tone. Guests could not say enough about how much they loved the band. Everyone was dancing and singing along. Every single song that Mixtape played was great, partly because we hand-picked every song from their cool and unique ‘non-weddingy’ wedding song list. Together with Melanie, we created a repertoire that reflected our personalities. It was full of rock and roll – everything from Bruce Springsteen to Johnny Cash to The National to The Cars – and fun pop songs like Thriller and Open Your Heart. We want to throw another party just so we can hear Mixtape play again. Hire this band, and you will not be sorry – you will have a memorable, amazing party with awesome music! We can’t thank them enough!!!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Absolute ditto to the last reviewer. We had Mixtape at our 08/25/12 wedding, and they really made the party. They couldn't have been easier to work with, or more FUN, and then once behind their instruments, they couldn't possibly have rocked a better party. Our friends couldn't get enough (they literally begged mixtape to keep playing at the end of the night, and they generously obliged, with the rockingest rendition of Billy Jean I've ever heard), and keep talking about how lucky we got to book such an amazing wedding band. So, do yourself a favor and book them. Because we're already trying to come up with a reason to book them again.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Melissa · event on: 04/09/2016

We used MIXTAPE Cover Band for our daughter's bat mitzvah party and they were a complete joy to work with. I was worried that it would be difficult to provide live music which would appeal to the wide age range of the guests, from 13-83 years old. But Melanie not only gave me great confidence prior to the event, but during the event the band really knocked it out of the park! There was something for everyone-- they played a mix great mix of ballroom oldies, current popular music and even some broadway show tunes that my daughter and her friends loved! There was always a group on the dance floor at all times and everyone was so sad when they announced it was the final song. Hire this talented band if you want to infuse your party with energy and to break away from the typical party DJ.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

-Mixtapecover band with ring leader Melanie Flannery rocked our wedding so hard! At least five different people independently came up to me and remarked on how impressed they were with the band, two people have since asked for their contact info for future events (which gladly shared). I really had to push my now hubs to pick the slightly unconventional band but we got more compliments on them then other part of the wedding. They made a special effort to learn more Queen songs just for me because I love me some Freddy. Their cover of a Nirvana had the house (young and old) moshing. Both of our parents really were slightly bummed when we picked a less traditional band for our wedding but we both woke up to emails congratulating us on throwing “a great party.” We just got back from another friend’s wedding that had a lot of people that were also at our wedding…….their wedding had a DJ…lets just say we never doubted our choice to splurge for MixTape! It was a perfect night of music and fun!

I gave them a 4.9 out of 5 due to Flexibility because "mix tape cover band doesn't play shake it off" :)

Sent on 10/21/2015

Mixtape did a great job at our wedding this fall. My guests said they were so much fun and were so surprised over how different they were. They were the perfect addition to our night! We are so grateful to have them.

Sent on 10/29/2014