MIXTAPE cover band Reviews

34 | Brooklyn, NY

34 Reviews for MIXTAPE cover band

• User3719238 · 2+ years ago

I wish I could give MIXTAPE 10 stars since they were just that good. From start to finish, I cannot recommend MIXTAPE highly enough. Great service, super nice band members, easy to work with, responsive to emails, laid back...and fantastic music! MIXTAPE has an extensive and eclectic library of songs to choose from...we were sold the second we saw that they played some Pixies songs. Melanie was a huge help as we planned the evening and selected songs...we knew we were in good hands from our first interaction with her. And we couldn't have made a better choice. My husband and I danced the night away to a fantastic mix of indie, classic rock, and 80s favorites--truly one of the highlights of our wedding. All of our guests raved and raved about how good the band was and chanted "one more song, one more song" at the end of the evening. The perfect band for the perfect evening!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Tim · Married on 05/03/2014

My now husband and I became smitten with Mixtape at our friends wedding 2 years ago. We got their business card before we even had a date set knowing we needed them to play our wedding as well. Best choice we could've made. We got lucky and all our choices turned out great (venue, photog, etc) but everyone knows it's the music that brings it all together. And these guys are amazing.
    We felt an immediate connection working with Melanie and corresponding back and forth - she made all the 'business' super easy. They also have a kick-ass repertoire and were very open to learning the couple songs we needed to have at our wedding and weren't on the list. And brought the house down with every single one.
    On the day of the wedding, Melanie and the guys took care of everything and Danny and I didn't need to think of a thing. It was perfect.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Trindy · Married on 10/27/2013

When I started to do my research on wedding bands one thing was clear, I didn't want a typical wedding band. I wanted something different, something we can rock to. A typical 'concert' style rock band. Nothing Beyonce, nothing Rhianna, and certainly nothing Black Eye Peas. I wanted a new fresh take on a wedding band. Once I started looking, I kept coming back to Mixtape. Nothing else seemed to compare. Once I started speaking with Melanie, everything I expected and wanted came to life. Instantly she wasn't just a vendor, she was a friend who was helping me produce the best wedding possible. Melanie understood my vision, my taste in music, my guests and together we came up with the best playlist possible. We met during her own time to come and do a walk through of the venue and understand the event timing. She helped put together my ceremony music and cocktail hour playlist. We ended up having a guitarist play as we walked down the isle and a trio band for cocktail hour. Finally the full band rocked my guests socks off during the reception. Nothing was too much trouble. They learned our first dance song and father daughter song, and both were perfect. Our guests came up to us through the night telling us how fantastic they were and they have never heard a wedding band quiet like them. Still today we get compliments. One even saying - 'Where can I go hear them play in concert?' I can't thank Melanie and the Mixtape cover band for hipsters enough for making our day truly magical. I can't wait to have another event where I can use them again.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Alex · Married on 10/12/2013

Weddings are filled with countless things to worry about, crisis and hidden costs. However, Melanie immediately put at ease about our band choice. She's friendly, professional, and helpful when making song choices from their deep repertoire.

On our wedding day, the band was the highlight of the night. They sounded fantastic from start to finish. The mix of motown, classic rock, newer hits and indie music had something for everyone. I think some of the older guests danced more than our younger friends did! It's been 2 months since our wedding day and people are still talking about Mixtape when they see us.

When you hire Mixtape you know you're getting a high quality, professional, and easy to work with band. My only disappointment is that I don't have another big event to hire for!

Sent on 12/14/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/07/2012

From beginning to end, Melanie and the Mixtape Band were an absolute pleasure to work with. We felt like we were working with old friends...who also happened to be incredibly professional, insanely talented, and punctual to boot! From our ceremony, cocktail hour, and especially our reception, I don't think Blue Hill has ever rocked so hard. Our guests were on their feet from the minute the music started and didn't leave the dance floor all night long. I cannot say enough about how amazing it was to have them at our wedding. If your band is a priority, you can't go wrong with Mixtape. They were a dream :)

Sent on 11/12/2012

Liza · Married on 09/15/2012

We had Mixtape play at our Asbury Park, September 15, 2012 wedding. Without a doubt, Mixtape was the absolute best, most talented, funnest, hippest, smartest wedding band EVER! We can not say enough good things about them. They were unquestionably the best part of our wedding. They looked good, sounded amazing, and played the best songs. They showed the utmost professionalism, both in musicianship/ ability as well as attitude, presentation, and commitment to our event. From beginning to end, Melanie made sure she understood us as a couple and understood our event. She was a dream to work with, responding promptly to emails and with a professional but warm and personal tone. Guests could not say enough about how much they loved the band. Everyone was dancing and singing along. Every single song that Mixtape played was great, partly because we hand-picked every song from their cool and unique ‘non-weddingy’ wedding song list. Together with Melanie, we created a repertoire that reflected our personalities. It was full of rock and roll – everything from Bruce Springsteen to Johnny Cash to The National to The Cars – and fun pop songs like Thriller and Open Your Heart. We want to throw another party just so we can hear Mixtape play again. Hire this band, and you will not be sorry – you will have a memorable, amazing party with awesome music! We can’t thank them enough!!!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Absolute ditto to the last reviewer. We had Mixtape at our 08/25/12 wedding, and they really made the party. They couldn't have been easier to work with, or more FUN, and then once behind their instruments, they couldn't possibly have rocked a better party. Our friends couldn't get enough (they literally begged mixtape to keep playing at the end of the night, and they generously obliged, with the rockingest rendition of Billy Jean I've ever heard), and keep talking about how lucky we got to book such an amazing wedding band. So, do yourself a favor and book them. Because we're already trying to come up with a reason to book them again.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

-Mixtapecover band with ring leader Melanie Flannery rocked our wedding so hard! At least five different people independently came up to me and remarked on how impressed they were with the band, two people have since asked for their contact info for future events (which gladly shared). I really had to push my now hubs to pick the slightly unconventional band but we got more compliments on them then other part of the wedding. They made a special effort to learn more Queen songs just for me because I love me some Freddy. Their cover of a Nirvana had the house (young and old) moshing. Both of our parents really were slightly bummed when we picked a less traditional band for our wedding but we both woke up to emails congratulating us on throwing “a great party.” We just got back from another friend’s wedding that had a lot of people that were also at our wedding…….their wedding had a DJ…lets just say we never doubted our choice to splurge for MixTape! It was a perfect night of music and fun!

I gave them a 4.9 out of 5 due to Flexibility because "mix tape cover band doesn't play shake it off" :)

Sent on 10/21/2015

Mixtape did a great job at our wedding this fall. My guests said they were so much fun and were so surprised over how different they were. They were the perfect addition to our night! We are so grateful to have them.

Sent on 10/29/2014