Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Reviews

29 | Pittsburgh, PA

29 Reviews for Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie

Tessa · Married on 03/24/2018

I have not gotten married yet, but I wanted to share my experiences with Janelle from Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co. thus far. First, we booked our cake tasting just a few days in advance via their online service and I received a text message the day prior (from Janelle) confirming our appointment. I was worried that booking with just a few days notice wouldn't be enough, however, Janelle didn't miss a beat! When we arrived to the Wedding Factory she was already sitting and waiting for us and we arrived 10+ minutes early! My fiance was very impressed and commented on it the second we left.
    During our appointment, Janelle was so down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Since we are a smaller wedding, we have felt that some vendors could care less if we book with them or not. However, we did not feel this way with Janelle at all. We felt like she was genuinely trying to get to know us, explain how she could make our wedding dreams happen, and not sell us on stuff we didn't want. Because of this amazing experience, we booked with her right away and actually cancelled our other tastings.
    We are excited to continue working with Janelle and can't wait to see her cake creation and other sweet treats on our wedding day!

• Kaila

Kaila · Married on 12/16/2017

I found Mixed with Love through Wedding Wire for my 12/16/17 wedding at Soldiers and Sailors. I decided on getting a small cake for cutting purposes and cupcakes for our guests. While my vision of my cake was simple, Janelle knew exactly what I wanted and it turned out as I had imagined when I saw it at the reception. During my tasting consultation, she brought a variety of cake and icing flavors, there were so many options to choose from! I was able to select a variety of four different cupcake flavors for my reception. The cupcakes were a big hit, the wedding guests loved them. Throughout the planning process, Janelle was easy to work with. She was responsive and flexible to changes. The price for everything was a good value. I'm very happy with this vendor!

Eliza · Married on 11/11/2017

Janelle provided cupcakes for our wedding in November! She was easy to work with as well as quick to respond to emails. The cupcakes she made for the wedding were a hit - we and our guests loved the cupcakes so much there weren't any leftover! The cupcakes were delivered and set up by Janelle! I would highly recommend working with Mixed with Love!

Shannon · Married on 05/28/2017

Janelle made picking a wedding cake so easy! Her cakes are gorgeous and we absolutely loved the naked cake look. Everyone loved the cake and my mom said it was the best wedding cake she's ever had. Will definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you. I'm so happy to have been a part of your special day.

Natalie · Married on 04/22/2017

I held a 50th Wedding Anniversary party for my in laws. I called and spoke with Janelle from Mixed with Love and gave her my ideas. I wanted centerpieces of cupcakes arranged in bouquets for the tables. She was more than accommodating. She found matching vases for the tables, arranged beautiful bouquets and delivered everything to make sure they all stayed in place!! We had to make an announcement at the party to let everyone know that they were edible!!! The guests loved the centerpieces and her cupcakes and icing were perfectly sweet and tasty!
    Janelle was wonderful to work with. I highly recommend her for your event. She is professional and more than capable to handle any challenge!! I appreciate all of her hard work and I look forward to working with her in the future!

Thanks again Janelle,
    Natalie

Sent on 04/29/2017

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I loved working on the cupcake bouquets for you.

Natalie · Married on 11/26/2016

Loved working with Mixed with Love. Our guests loved the cupcakes and cookie table. Nothing was left at the end of the night. :). Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you Natalie. It was a pleasure working with you!

Hyeon-Ju · Married on 10/29/2016

I had the most wonderful experience working with this baker. Three weeks before the wedding, I decided to make a surprise cookie table (in the theme of my chocolate labrador, 'Cookie') and Janelle from Mixed with Love made all of this possible. With her help and Vintage Alley Rentals I somehow pulled off a beautiful cookie table. The guests could not help but dig into the desserts at the beginning of the reception and finished the giant portion I had ordered for our 100 guests. Janelle was professional, responsive, and even transported not only her own bakes but the beautiful cookie display stands from Vintage Alley Rentals. I cannot recommend them enough - I feel so fortunate to have found them last minute - and would have totally gotten my wedding cake from them too had I known what a professional and excellent bakery this was. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am so so so grateful!!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We loved doing you "Cookie" table!

Amber · Married on 09/30/2016

Janelle was great and I would definitely recommend her to others! She set up a lovely cake tasting and had so many delicious options! She is friendly, professional and very reasonable. I LOVED my cake, she listened to what we were looking for and gave helpful feedback to make sure everything was perfect! We also purchased cookies from Janelle for the wedding which worked out great! We used our florist to add fresh flowers to the cake but got our cake topper through Janelle as well.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. It was so nice to work with you. I wish you all the best!

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2016

Janelle was absolutely wonderful! We stumbled across her booth at a bridal show because all my, now husband, wanted to do was to eat cake! The cake itself was to die for! She did an amazing job tying it in with our baseball theme. It was everything we dreamt of and my guests absolutely raved about it all night and even now, MONTHS after! I will keep recommending her to everyone!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you Ashley. It was so nice working with you!

Dara · Married on 09/02/2016

I found Mixed with love on here. I had clients I was planning a wedding for and was not that familiar with bakers. I set up an appointment with hem and Janelle and everything went uphill from there. My clients told me she was very patient. They loved her samples and I showed her a cake I wanted for them and she did it better than the picture. My clients were very indecisive and not once did Janelle grow inpatient like other vendors would have. She was on top of it , made sure I was pleased before leaving, she added some extra touches and the cake was so good there was none left. My clients loved it so much they are working with her to order another one just for themselves. She is now one of my preferred vendors!

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

Janelle was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very pleasant and accommodating for an out-of-town couple, and gave us many options to choose from for our wedding cake. She was able to take a Pinterest photo and my input and put together exactly the cake I envisioned for my wedding. We decided to have a "naked cake" with a few sunflowers for decor. We chose cherry filling and chocolate frosting for one layer and lemon filling with raspberry frosting on the top layer...both with almond cake. The combinations of flavors turned out to be amazing, guests were raving about both how beautiful AND delicious the cake was. Janelle was punctual on the wedding day and constructed the cake without any effort needed from me or my groom. Overall, I would highly recommend Janelle for any occasion! She delivered high quality service and a fantastic cake!

Britt · Married on 02/20/2016

I was so happy with everything!! Janelle is wonderful, and she will go out of her way to
    help you with your wedding!!! From the communication, to the tasting, to the price......
    everything was a happy and stress-free experience..... Then the day of the wedding....
    we had so many people say that it was the best wedding cake they ever tasted......We had
    the white-almond with raspberries, and it was moist and delicious with just the perfect
    amount of sweetness!! I am happy I found you Janelle....Thank you and Sophia for a fun memory,
    and a beautiful wedding cake!! <3
    Britt

Sent on 03/04/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the review Britt. It was great working with you and your mom and we wish you all the best!

Allison D. · Married on 01/09/2016

The cake was beautiful and I got so many compliments on it. I gave her a specific design and she created it beautifully. Janelle was very nice to work with and she responded quickly. I definitely recommend Mixed with Love Cake and Cookie Co.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the review Allison. It was a pleasure working with you.

Sable · Married on 10/24/2015

Janelle was amazing to work with. She did a beautiful job decorating and we got exactly what we wanted. Not to mention the cake was beyond delicious. It was so moist and held together so well. We got two flavors, white with traditional buttercream and champagne with lemon buttercream which was our favorite. Do you know when you go to a tasting and the end produc never really tastes as good as the tasting? This is totally not that. The end product was just as good, if not better than the tasting! Janelle worked with us so well. She came out to meet us and assured us she only works on one cake at a time. She is a family run company which I am so so happy that we went with her. There really was no other option for us. I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review. It was a pleasure working with you! I wish you and your husband all the best.

Timothy · Married on 08/22/2015

Mixed with love did an awesome job on my cake. Not only did the cake and cupcakes look awesome, they were by far the best tasting wedding cake and cupcakes I have ever had. I would def recommend Janelle to anyone with a wedding or even a birthday cake. She did a great job and I will look forward to working with her in the future.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the review Timothy. I loved your final cake, it was simple yet elegant. Definitely one of my favorites!

Tracy · Married on 08/07/2015

Our original baker had an family emergency so I had to scramble and find another baker for our daughter's wedding. I searched online in my area and found Janelle and her company Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co.! I was glad that I did! My daughter and son-in-law wanted a "naked" red velvet cake that they had found online. Janelle was able to recreate the photograph exactly and all of us were pleased. In fact, I hope to order more cakes from her in the future. I would highly recommend her business to anyone!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. It was great working with you!

Nicole · Married on 07/01/2015

Mixed with Love can offer not only an amazing product and service, but a delicious sweet addition to your wedding day. Her cakes and treats are amazing, and her professionalism is above and beyond. Mixed with Love is a more personal option for your wedding cake needs, and she put lots of LOVE and attention into every confection she creates . I would highly recommend Mixed with Love for your cake and cookie needs.

Melissa · Married on 04/11/2015

Janelle was great from the start. We lived states away from our wedding location of Pittsburgh and while traveling there for work, Janelle provided my husband with a variety of cupcakes to bring home so we got to experience a cake-tasting. Thoughtout the whole process Janelle was conforming to our ideas, while providing many options along the way. Delivery and set up was flawless and she worked wonderfully with our busy schedules. The cupcakes were delicious and our guests loved them. We ordered extra on purpose, and everyone was excited to take some home with them because they were so delicious. I highly recommend Janelle!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and I am so happy to have been a part of your big day!
  • User3219144 · 2+ years ago

Not only was the cake gorgeous and delicious But Janelle is truly amazing to work with. She came up with a vision for my daughters 1st birthday cake and it was just beautiful. I have never seen a cake so gorgeous!!! Every single guest raved over the cake! It was perfect!!

Susan · event on: 04/14/2013

Mixed With Love's Janelle Hayes did an amazing job taking my theme of Super Mario and designing a beautiful two tiered cake. During the process she sent me sketches and asked for my opinions. In addition to the appearance of the cake being wonderful the peach cake itself was delicious.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you! I appreciate the review! I loved working on your cake!

Jodie · event on: 06/02/2013

best and prettiest cupcakes ever! Mixed With Love is the BEST????

Sent on 01/09/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you! I appreciate the review! It was a pleasure doing your cupcakes.

Brandy · event on: 12/30/2014

From the first time I contacted Janelle to seeing and eating the final product, I would highly recommend her services. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and contacted me with any details and ideas she had before proceeding with them. I originally just gave her the theme for our baby gender reveal party and she came up with the perfect ideas for the cake and cupcakes. The cake and cupcakes were delicious and moist. The icing was spot on and delicious as well. The fondant bees and hearts she added were all handmade and totally made the cake. Her ideas were definitely customized to my theme and the time she invested in her cakes/cupcakes definitely shows in the final product. Her prices were also very reasonable and I personally feel she could probably charge more for how wonderful her services were. Everyone at the party raved how delicious it all was and every single bite was eaten! I've already booked her the baby shower in March. I can't wait to see what other customized cakes and cupcakes she comes up with! Definitely don't miss out and book her for whatever special events you have!! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you for the review. This was an exciting cake to make. I can't wait for the baby shower!

Beth · event on: 02/21/2015

Janelle was fabulous! She combined my ideas for a boy's birthday cake and made a FABULOUS CAKE!
    After my initial inquiry, Janelle responded immediately, emailed me a contract, and kept in constant communication before the party. The day of the party, she even delivered the cake-IN A SNOWSTORM!
    In the future, I will ask Janelle to make special occasion cakes. In fact, I am passing out her business card to my friends because her cake was fantastic and her professionalism was equally as good.
    I found Janelle's website on the Internet, but not because of any wedding needs. Had I known about her earlier, I would have asked her to make my wedding cake as well.

Sent on 02/23/2015

Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie's reply:

Thank you Beth! I had a great time with this cake! I'm glad your son liked it and that enhanced your party!

Jo Ann · event on: 03/07/2015

Janelle did an amazing job with the decorative cupcakes. Many of our guests took pictures of the detail on the cupcakes. I would definately recommemd her for the next special occasion. They were tasty as well as being a great centerpiece. Couldn't have ask for anything more.

• User4876553 · event on: 03/08/2015

Janelle did an amazing job on my husbands dragon cake! It was better than I could have even imagined. I am still receiving compliments from it. I highly recommend mixed with love and we be using again and again!