37 Reviews for Mitten Films

Multi. Cameras (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
One Event/Day (1)

2.2

Unfortunately, my husband and I had an issue with this company. Before I go into the details, let me first say that I have no complaints when it came to the highlight product we received from Jamie. It was very well put together and looked great. The "full content" we were provided was the issue. I believe there was some miscommunication between myself and Jamie and I take fault for not asking to speak with her about details over the phone, however, I assumed email was fine. My husband and I were not happy with the final product we received for the amount we paid. We expected to receive more coverage than what was provided to us. At first it was a struggle to get what we wanted after we had already paid for everything but in the end we did receive some additional footage (not great footage but we got it nonetheless). My advice for any videographer you hire, whether it be Mitten Films or someone else, make sure to SPEAK with them either by phone or in person. ASK questions that you as a new bride or groom would not know what to ask...we didn't know what we should have asked for to have in our wedding video as this was the first time we got married. I am not saying to not book with Mitten Films but just be aware of what you may receive if you don't ask the questions needed to get a great wedding video.

Profile Picture Deanna, 12/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

Hiring Jamie was truly one of the best decision we made! Jamie and her team so perfectly captured the joy, love, and fun of our wedding day. At first my now husband was hesitant to have a videographer at our wedding because he didn't want to feel like he was being followed around. Not once did either of us feel that way - Jamie and team was the perfect balance of blending in when needed and speaking up when she had a super cool vision to live out.

Now on to the fun part - the video. Perfection hardly describes Jamie's work. Nothing about Jamie's work is forced or staged, it is pure, in the moment, bliss. I cry every time I watch our highlight reel. Jamie and team so perfectly captured our day - the laughs, the tears, and all the special little moments in-between. I'm not kidding when I say all the feels is a very real thing with Mitten Films. The best part of it all is watching the little things we did not get to "see" during our day. Jamie and team captured so many unseen special moments and thanks to her we get to relive those every time we watch our video.

Jamie not only rocks at her job, but she is professional, organized, and reliable. On top of that she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met - and any couple is lucky to have her as a vendor. If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer I strongly urge you to go with Jamie - you will not regret your decision!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Documentary

I contacted Jamie less than a month before my wedding after our original videographer bailed. She got back to me super quickly and was very accommodating. On the wedding day she was great, very professional and I really enjoyed that she took a more "in the background" approach, rather than staging scenes to film. The finished product is perfect, we love having all of our speeches and dances recorded but her two highlight films are really the best part. She is a great editor and did a fantastic job compiling our favorite moments from the day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We were so lucky to have Mitten Films for our wedding! They traveled all the way to Mackinac Island to do photography and filming of our wedding! The flexibility of having a team with many talents was amazing! The video was just so amazing! Thanks Mitten Films! We hope to use you again! ;)

Profile Picture Evamarie, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie is absolutely fabulous! We loved working with her on our special day. Her work is phenomenal and we loved our video. It's the perfect way to capture and remember our wedding day. Jamie and her husband also worked cohesively with our photographers to capture every moment. All in all, she is very responsive, talented and wonderful!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jamie was such a pleasure to work with. I knew I wanted her to shoot my wedding before I even met my husband. Everything she shoots turns out PERFECT. Photography or videography, anyone would be lucky to have Jamie there shooting such an important day. She truly is the best at what she does!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jamie made an incredibly beautiful wedding video for us. I was worried that I would forget all of the small details of our day because it really flew by, but when we received our video back we found that she paid attention for us! The video has all genuine heartfelt moments that most people just pass by, but getting to see them on an amazing video is truly the best. We laughed, we cried, and just smiled watching it. It was like reliving our day over and also getting to see things that even we missed during the wedding day chaos! We get so many compliments on our video and I know we are not the only ones who have watched it more than once!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, DVD, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Jamie did an amazing job capturing our day and special moments. She has a great eye and is super creative. She was incredibly speedy too! We got our video teaser only 2 weeks after our big day and the rest of the video content a week after! The shots were gorgeous and was a great way to re-live our day. I am so happy we made the investment. It's a video I watch every time I am having a rough day and it immediately picks me up!

There were a few things I wish I would have known to specifically ask for prior to her getting us the video (video of some highlights from the reception, video of the bridal party being announced etc.) but that is on me for not reading the details and not asking for them ahead of time. Despite my oversight, Jamie is working with me to get that video as well! Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Highlight Video, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, DVD, USB Flash Drive

Jamie and her team were amazing! My wife and I live in New York, and the videos Jamie did for us were better than any of the videos our friends ended up with from their fancy nyc videographers. We got the "highlights" video about a week after the wedding and posted it to Facebook. It was so great! Everyone kept asking us who our videographer was, and my wife and I watched it probably about 50 times. The rest of the videos came not much long after on CD's and a USB stick engraved with our name (really nice touch!). I can't say enough good things. The quality of the finished product was amazing and she was so easy to work with.

Profile Picture User5477424, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie and her team were so wonderful to work with!

From the very beginning Jamie was so sweet and very quick to respond. On the day of they were prompt and courteous, and even put up with my crazy family and wedding party! ;) They also worked wonderfully with our photographer which was a huge bonus! Our preview came within a few weeks and our final DVD's came quickly and were so beautifully packaged! :)

I would highly recommend Mitten Films for any videography needs, our video is something we will cherish for a lifetime!

THANK YOU!!

xoxo, Todd and Ali Van Haren

Profile Picture Ali, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie was wonderful and exceeded all of our expectations! She captured our wedding day so beautifully and we are so happy to have these memories on video!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Beautiful creative short clip and extended long video of entire event to have for the rest of our lives to remember of wedding day!

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/29/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to have a videographer at our wedding and are extremely happy we chose Shutter Speed Productions. Our wedding trailer video is phenomenal and everyone that has seen it loves it. Jamie and Ian were very professional and were not obvious at the wedding. A lot of guests including my father, didn't even realize they were there recording. Jamie produced a phenomenal video that my husband and I will treasure for a lifetime. I highly recommend Shutter Speed Productions!!!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jamie & Ian were a dream. Words can't express our sincere gratitude to them for capturing the most outstanding moments of our dream wedding. Every single moment in the video made me smile, laugh, of shed a little tear (in a good way of course)! They knew what would be important to us, all the small details that took me months to plan were incorporated into the video or the tailor.

It's truly such a treasure to have such a fine keepsake to have as a priceless memory. I would strongly encourage anyone to book Shutter Speed Productions.. I know that I will look back on this and be able to smile on every anniversary, or even just a bad day when I need a little dose of love. The quality, time, energy, and love I know Jamie & Ian put into their work and communication they provide to their clients is outstanding--I really can't say enough!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie and Ian were such a pleasure to work with! I would definitely recommend them to family and friends :)

Profile Picture kristen, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie and Ian were phenomenal! I really enjoyed my wedding day and could hardly even tell that they were there. I am sure they captured all the important moments of my day. They arrived there early to get pre-wedding footage and stayed well past the time we had secured in order to get reception activities such as the garter toss. I saw my wedding day preview view and I was truly blown away - it brought me to tears. I would recommend them to everyone!!! Thanks for making my day one of my happiest memories :)

Profile Picture Michelle , 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Ian and Jamie were awesome!!! They really listened to exactly what we wanted and when we changed our minds at the last second they just jumped right in and helped us get the perfect wedding photos and video. I felt like they just fit in and with a small wedding this is hard to come by!!! I can not thank them enough for the memories they have captured.

Meghan and Dave Jones

Profile Picture meghan, 3/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Thank you Jamie Ball and Shutter Speed Productions. I have only seen a short preview of the video footage...it makes me tear up everytime I watch it. Fabulous work!

Profile Picture Leigh, 11/12/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Out of all the vendors we used Shutter Speed Production was our favorite. Jamie and Ian took our breathe away with our wedding preview. It was everything we could have ever asked for. Through the whole process they were so helpful and punctual which is exactly what every bride needs especially during the last few weeks when everything seems to get alot more stressful. They kept us updated and in the loop on the status of our video up until the exact delivery. On our wedding day we never had to worry about them capturing the perfect moment because we knew they would. We felt so comfortable and at ease with them and would highly recommend them to anyone who is getting married and needs a videographer!

Profile Picture J, 8/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jamie and her husband were wonderful! They blended in so well during our ceremony and reception, and were very flexible with what we wanted for our wedding day. And our video turned out amazing!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Shutter Speed Productions did an amazing job on our wedding photos and video. They were so nice and very professional. They made our special day even more special! I would definitely recommend them to future brides to be!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I recommend Shutter Speed Productions without hesitation. The video was even better than I hoped, and we truly enjoyed working with the team!

Profile Picture Erin, 12/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I would Recommend Shutterspeed to whomever asked. They were great to work wtih and although prior to the wedding the only contact I had with them was through e-mail, they were prompt and put me at ease. I knew that Jamie had everything covered and that they were going to be there and give me everything they promised and they did and more! I hardly knew that they were there. I can't wait to see our final product. We were very excited by our sneak peek video!

P.S. The only reason why we haven't gotten our final video back yet is because I was dragging my feet on getting them our montage photos. Again they did a great job!

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/11/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jamie did a fantastic job of capturing our wedding day from start to end, she was there for every major moment while capturing the meaningful details and essence of the day. They were professional, non-intrusive and created a fabulous wedding DVD- we are lucky enough to re-live the most amazing day of our lives through the video. Great decision to book Shutter Speed, worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/21/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

Brian and I both HATE videographers that are in the guests’ face asking questions/making them "say something nice to the bride & groom!" As wedding guests, we always ran the other direction when the videographer headed our way. Because of this, we agreed no videographer at our wedding…well, we agreed until October 28th (3 weeks before the wedding!). That’s when I decided I really wanted a videographer.

After researching and contacting a handful of videographers , we decided to hire Jamie at Shutterspeed Productions. From Day 1, Jamie was extremely prompt in her email replies and very accommodating. She had no hesitation or qualms about shooting a wedding that was only 3 weeks away. This was a huge help to us, the last minute planners. And she promised to "be a fly on the wall" at the wedding, much to Brian’s relief.

Because of the short time frame, we didn’t meet or speak to Jamie until the wedding day. This didn’t prove to be a problem at all. She and Ian arrived on time and quickly went to work. They were both very unobtrusive, yet captured events that I didn’t even know were happening!

The final video is perfect…we laughed, we cried, we loved it! I am very glad we chose to book a videographer…and even more glad it was Shutterspeed Productions.

Profile Picture Brian & Taryn , 11/21/09, 1 Review