Mississippi Dunes Golf Links Reviews

39 | Cottage Grove, MN

39 Reviews for Mississippi Dunes Golf Links

Alexis · Married on 07/07/2017

Mississippi Dunes is absolutely beautiful!! The grounds are well taken care of, the ceremony area is gorgeous and private, the patio is stunning and relaxing, and the reception is flexible and ideal for any guest size (also the bar is right in the room so guests can still be part of the action!)
    Chris has taken over the wedding coordinating at Mississippi Dunes and will be the best decision you make for wedding planning! He is honest and extremely helpful. I HIGHLY recommend. I have worked in the wedding industry for 4 years and have visited multiple venues- this one is a favorite!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Sandi · Married on 08/21/2016

Book Them!!! Chris, the manager, took such care of us. He assisted us in sorting out the details of our day, took our thoughts and special requests into consideration and made our event even better than we imagined it would be. The staff on hand the day of the event were friendly and accommodating to everyone. The facility was clean, beautifully decorated, the view of the river is outstanding, even the drive in is lovely - such a nice way to enter a gathering such as ours. I can't say enough about Chris and the Mississippi Dunes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

We had the most unbelievable experience at Mississippi Dunes for our wedding a few weeks ago. They have gone through a few changes of the guard over the past year, but luckily Chris came on board as the head of events about a month before our wedding. Every concern we had up to that point due to all of the changes (which were plentiful) were completely washed away after sitting down with Chris and going through a robust checklist of everything we wanted.

The day turned out to be everything we could have hoped for. Chris and his team were there for everything we needed throughout the night and made sure we could enjoy the day/night without worrying about all of the details.

We had the same hopes as all of you about our wedding being an unforgettable night that we will cherish forever and Chris, as the new leader, and the Mississippi Dunes venue in all of its beauty made that hope come to life.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Amber · Married on 05/28/2016

It was a great day and a beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Amber · Married on 05/28/2016

Let me start this review by saying that if it were not for the newest set of coordinators, Nate & Linda, this review would not be five stars, but because of them, it is! This review starts rough but has a happy ending so bear with me!
    My husband and I were married here on 5/28/2016. We started planning at the beginning of 2015 and were put through the absolute ringer and left stressed beyond belief. We went through 4 different wedding coordinators in that time span and each time a new one came in suddenly the rules changed too. It was an absolute headache and if I would not have been so detail oriented in my planning and counting on the venue itself for very little, our day would have been a disaster. I had no confidence in the people who were supposed to be pulling my wedding together from the venue side. It was miserable.
    The week of my wedding, I received a call from a very eccentric man named Nate who called himself the "details" guy which ended up being the best possible thing that could have happened to us during our entire time planning with the Dunes! Nate & his wife Linda were AMAZING to work with! Nate was always on top of getting ahold of me to keep me updated on what was going on and check to see if there was anything I needed. If it were not for the two of them and the staff they had on our wedding night, it would not have been the perfect wedding that it was! These two honestly swooped in and saved the day! I am beyond grateful to them for being so attentive, helpful, detail oriented, accommodating and cheerful! They went above and beyond what they had to in order to make sure my dream wedding went off without any issues and I can confidently say, IT WAS PERFECT thanks to them! With Nate & Linda in charge, I would recommend this venue to anyone! With the two of them, you are in excellent hands and your day will be just as perfect as ours was!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Sara · Married on 09/21/2013

Everything went perfect, everyone was so helpful and willing to do anything I asked. The ceremony was beautiful and the food was amazing. We are very happy we chose Mississippi dunes as our venue.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Lorie · Married on 09/06/2013

The setting for the wedding was absolutely breathtaking..The reception venue was fabulous.The good was great..Dennis and his staff were wonderful..We just got the pictures from the photographer and the pictures are beautiful.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Kim · Married on 08/09/2013

Anybody who's looking for a beautiful outdoor location to get married, call the Mississippi Dunes in Cottage Grove! It's a gorgeous golf course on the Mississippi river. The outdoor ceremony location is incredible! The reception area is beautiful and convenient! And most importantly, the staff was awesome! Our wedding was beautiful, the food was amazing (we offered prime rib or walleye), the service was professional and they were really ontop of things! We had many compliments on the ceremony location, the reception location, and the food! I can't thank the Dunes enough for making our day so wonderful! The pictures on their website are great but when you see it in person the views are amazing!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Blandy · Married on 08/12/2012

We were very happy with this venue and the staff. Everyone was friendly, responsive, and did everything possible to make sure everything went perfectly, to great success. I have zero complaints about this place and will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a venue.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2012

This venue was everything i dreamed of. We got married outside at their ceremony site in the woods and had our reception in the club house. We got so many complements on the venue I cannot put into words how happy I am! We worked with Dennis and Tyler through out the year and they were so flexible and accomodating. My wedding day was perfect and I would recommend this place to anyone!!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Brittany · Married on 04/28/2011

This venue was perfect for our wedding. It holds up to 275 people and the event coordinator, Susan, is a very kind and helpful person. The food was delicious and everyone was very helpful in making our night a success. The view from the room is phenomenal!! All windows looking onto the river. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 05/09/2011

Chelsie · Married on 07/30/2010

The Mississippi Dunes was a wonderful place to have our wedding reception. They are so easy to work with and are incredibly flexable to all of our needs. I would recommend them to anybody. They do fill up fast so if you are interested book early!

Sent on 08/17/2010
  • umdr6

Nicholas · Married on 02/06/2010

We just had an absolute blast. Everything at Mississippi Dunes went without flaws. Thank you so much fr the great time. I would recommend Mississippi Dunes place to anyone!!!

Sent on 03/02/2010

Katy · Married on 10/17/2008

Dennis was great to work with, and always willing to work with our schedule and our needs for our wedding day and the days leading up to it! The food was delicious, and we have gotten many compliments on that! The view from the room was beautiful, and the grounds were gorgeous in October for our wedding photos. I would recommend Mississippi Dunes to anybody looking for a beautiful place with great people for their wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2008
  • Q

Courtney · Married on 09/19/2008

Everything was amazing. Dennis, the general manager, and his staff are amazing. They constantly checked with us to make sure things were going well and how we wanted them to be. The food and location can't be beat!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Lisa · Married on 05/24/2008

They were awesome! They set everything up, so we didn't have to worry about a thing. The day of the wedding our contact person came to us every couple of hours to see how things were going and to see if we needed anything else (very pleased that they did this!)

I would highly reccomend having your ceremony & dance here. There ceremony site is GEORGEOUS! It is in a wooded area right off of the Mississippi River.

Sent on 05/29/2008

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2007

The scenery is gorgeous. We loved it here!

Sent on 01/10/2009

My experience with Mississippi Dunes did not start well. They went through 5 Operations Directors in the year leading up to our wedding. This meant details were regularly lost, promises were made, etc.
    When the last one left I started working directly with the owner until they replaced him. She was great and honored everything I was promised. When they hired their most recent Operations Director, Chris Hoel, everything turned around. He had our details nailed down, was responsive, flexible, and fun to work with. They did such a fabulous job with our wedding that I hesitated to even mention the struggles early on. However, I wanted to because this shows how important having a consistent, strong individual in the Operations Director role is. My experiences were night and day with and without Chris, and if he hadn't come on board, this review and my wedding likely would have been very different. Thanks to Barbara for stepping in and honoring all promises, and to Chris for coordinating the chaos. Our day was perfect in the end.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kristin · Married on 08/09/2008

Our reception at Mississippi Dunes was beautiful. The views to the golf course and river were absolutely amazing, and well worth picking this as our reception site! The food was also wonderful. The staff knew exactly what to do and served our guests very well and timely. Dennis is the manager, and was also great to work with and his staff knew exactly what to do before we even got there. There was nothing for us to worry about, which is a great peace of mind on your wedding day. (They also have free tastings for 2 people throughout the year with the room set up as it would be for your wedding.)

Sent on 09/08/2008

Adam · Married on 09/26/2015

3.0

I gave a 3 star to the responsiveness because they had gone through several different event coordinators before we got Penny. The communication was not satisfactory until then. Penny came in and saved the day big time and is a true professional with a great attitude and treats your day as important as you do.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Carla · Married on 05/27/2012

3.5

Our ceremony and reception was absolutely stunning. There are not enough words to describe how perfect everything was. Tyler and Dennis were very accommodating and professional throughout our experience.

We were allowed to drop off decorations and linens the day before and when we got there at 12:30 90% of the ceremony and receptions were completely set up even though the ceremony didn't start until 5:30.

Our family and friends also raved about the excellent service throughout dinner with extra ranch, different drinks, and overall attentiveness. The bartender was very friendly, quick service and even remembered what people were drinking!

Also, the draping with icicle lights was included in our room rental fee. Many places will charge you for set up and take down. They set up everything and took everything down without a fee. They hung paper lanters, tied chair sashes, lit candles, set up the desert/candy table, put out centerpieces and other flowers/decorations.

That being said there was a lot of event coordinator turn over-but in the end that didn't matter at all because they kept great notes that contained our details. The only reason I score a 3.5 on responsiveness is because I wish there was better communication during the employee turn over.

We are still getting compliments and are simply overwhelmed with the success of our wedding day!!!
    Thank you so much everyone that was involved :)

Sent on 05/31/2012

DeAndra · Married on 08/17/2013

Beautiful Venue and Excellent customer service. I had Michelle (banquet coordinator) to do any and everything you could ever imagine, or not think of. She was a life saver. Everyone from bar tenders, wait staff, cleaning crew, ect were fantastic.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Prior to our wedding, there was a lot of event coordinator turnover. One of the event coordintors during that time really really had me concerend. I was not confident she would be able to pull my wedding together as I was envisioning; she seemed like she was going to drop the ball on everything. A few months before our wedding date, the coordinator that I was concerned about left and Mississippi Dunes hired Dennis back to take on the event coordinator role. He used to work for Mississippi Dunes in the past (2005-2010) and had a good reputation. Dennis was great to work with and our wedding day was amazing! Before the wedding, everyone was outside taking pictures and Mississippi Dunes staff even came down with pitchers of water for everyone since it was so hot outside. All the staff working that night were very friendly, attentive, and communicated with us throughout the night. They had all the details and decorations in place just as we had discussed. The food wad delicous! The bartender was great too. He was great at interating and talking to the guests at the bar and he was quick at getting drinks out. Our guests loved the site as well and we have heard nothing but good things! Everyone loved the wrap around deck and the beautiful views! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Steph · Married on 09/27/2014

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Dunes. We only brought a few flower pots for the ceremony - it really didn't need anything more that what they already had up - it's beautiful on it's own. They also did an excellent job decorating the room and tables - we just added centerpieces (they provided floating candles at no charge!). We had a great time - sometimes coordinating with their head chef was a bit difficult (but I guess he is no longer working there). However, in general they were accommodating. It's a little pricey, but you get a lot and it is truly one of the most beautiful venues - you really can't beat a warm fall day along the river for a wedding!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/05/2009

2.0

Mississippi Dunes is beautiful and the ceremony site was straight out of your dreams! The food was great, the servers were great, and the bartenders are great. I felt that Dennis, the General Manager was very unenthusiatic about handling weddings. We had to initiate contact with him at every point in the process and when I scheduled our appointment to go over details the week before Dennis had someone else stand in his place without even mentioning that he didn't plan to meet with us himself. For how much money we spent to have our ceremony and reception held here I felt like I was imposing upon his time.

Sent on 09/10/2009