Mission Table Reviews

8 | Traverse City, MI

8 Reviews for Mission Table

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2017

The staff at The Mission Table were so amazing to work with. They provided all of our guests with excellent service on the day of the event, and were so easy to work with in the days leading up. I absolutely loved the cottage type feel of the venue! The bridal suite I was able to get ready in provided ample room and was so convenient. The service couldn't have been better!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

We got married at Mission Table and we couldn't have asked for a better day. Not just because it was beautiful out but the venue atmosphere was just as we imagained. A big thank you to Barb for lending us their floral arrangements for our ceremony so we didn't have to purchase our own, we appreciated that so much. And a huge thank you to Kate for everything you did, big and small, you were so great to work with and made things go so smoothly and stress free, we can't thank you enough. Kevin was also great to have for our reception, the service couldn't have been better. And lastly, the food was AMAZING!! Cannot say enough good things about Mission Table, will definitely be back!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Daneha · Married on 07/11/2014

Thanks to Barbara Olson, the event director at the Peninsula Room, and all of her amazing staff, we had the best day and night of our lives! It was also a pleasure to meet Paul Olson (head chef at the Peninsula Room and the Jolly Pumpkin) the day of the rehearsal dinner. He was overly nice, and accommodating to our needs. as was Barbara was. Throughout planning, my wife and I thought Barbara was great because she was always so laid back and to the point, plus very quick to respond to e-mails or phone calls. Hats off to the chefs as well. All of our guests loved the food, including the custom made samosas, and everyone raved about the craft beers and wines/liquors. Paul and Barbara also allowed us to bring some of our own homemade indian food to serve at the wedding, which they helped store and heated and served for us at the wedding. The staff at the Jolly Pumpkin and the Peninsula Room always had smiles on their faces, and made sure every guest had 5 star service. The property was gorgeous; service top notch. My wife and I would not change a thing about this epic day! Thanks again to everyone at the Peninsula Room and the Jolly Pumpkin. My wife and I plan to visit every year to celebrate our anniversary, and the 5 hour drive to the Peninsula Room/ Jolly Pumpkin from our home is worth every last second!

Sent on 07/30/2014
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/07/2011

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding and reception at Mission Table and it was a beautiful location. The food was phenomenal as well. The only complaint I have was that the coordinator Barbara was a little disorganized. No one let the day of staff know the times we wanted dinner or desserts so everything was late. The day of staff was very apologetic and understanding that the message just wasn't given to them. Other than this, the wedding was a dream and the location was perfect.

Sent on 10/30/2011
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 09/02/2012

3.5

We had our rehearsal at the Jolly Pumpkin and our ceremony in the front of the property. Overall our experience was positive with Mission Table. We primarily worked with the event coordinator, Barbara, and she did help us save quite a bit of money on our events. She must be a very busy person though because she was difficult to get a hold of at times and did not always return emails in a timely manner. The good, however, far out-weighed the bad for us. The reception venue is incredible and the price is very good compared to counterparts in the area. The Jolly Pumpkin has exceptional food and is a nice atmosphere for a laid-back rehearsal. We would recommend others to use Mission Table for an outdoor ceremony site and the Jolly Pumpkin as a rehearsal location.

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • Krystle

Krystle Lewis · Married on 10/19/2019

3.4
      2.0

Left me Disappointed

I got married at the Harbor Room in Mission table and let me start by saying I LOVE the look of the room, the food is great, and the grounds are beautiful for photos by the water and vineyard. I initially worked with the owner Barb who was very difficult to get a hold of, but for event details I worked with Sarah. She was very friendly and awesome at answering any questions I had along the way. However, I was sadly disappointed the day of my wedding. I had met with Sarah a few weeks before the wedding to go over all the day of details and on the day of things were not followed. We were told that we could get in the morning of for setup, but when we got there at the agreed upon time nothing was put together. So we had to wait about 20 minutes to find someone who worked there and set up our tables and chairs for us. On a plus side we had place cards on a table outside which Sarah kindly offered to set out for us later in the day so the wind would not blow them away, which was really nice of her. My biggest complaint is that dinner was 50 MINUTES LATE. I had given them my timeline and it was approved, yet dinner was late with no explanation as to why. They didn't even reimburse us a percentage of our food bill for being late, which is ridiculous. The entire night after we finally got dinner was rushed because we had cake cutting and first dances, and by the time that was over our rental time had ended and staff started cleaning up our decor, basically kicking us out. I was very strict about sticking to our timeline since they only give you 4 hours, so in my opinion if they throw you off by almost an hour then they should extend the rental time to make up for it. To make matters worse, after we paid for the bill I realized they charged us for a cake cutting fee (which we didn't even have cake except for a small one for the cutting) and charges for soda (again we never ordered soda, but they tried claiming it was a regular charge they always have, but I was never told this). They did reimburse for these fees, but it is a mistake that never should have happened. Overall I had a good wedding, but all these errors definitely leaves a cloud over the day.

Sent on 12/22/2019

2.0
      1.0

We had a frustrating time trying to work with Mission Table (who owns/is part of The Peninsula Room). The event organizer is unorganized and not customer service oriented. We set up an appointment to visit (3+ hours away, stayed the night in town, etc) and she forgot all about it. We wandered around waiting to be helped and eventually found someone else. Days later we received a simple "Sorry for missing you" email, which was disappointingly less than we expected. She emailed asking for clarification because she said she talked to my fiance the week prior, but that never happened (it was as if it were an excuse to get clarification, which is weird). After talking to her for weeks and weeks, she mentioned that we would be required to use them for the reception as well. Had that been known up front, we would've never visited or continued with contact at all. She also mentioned that doing that would provide us with a rain back-up, but according to the website a rain back-up is already provided with the ceremony space. Overall, would not recommend and we are now on the search for a new venue.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Bridget Merritt · Getting married on 10/02/2021

1.0

Do not book your wedding here!

DO NOT BOOK YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!!!! We had a contract signed and deposit paid, and a month later we were booted from our date by a couple who was given "priority booking" due to them having to reschedule because of COVID. Never were we told that this was a possibility. We were offered a credit to rebook, or a refund. Neither was acceptable as we had already started making plans, but we weren't asked to change our date, we were told it was changed. We took our deposit and are going somewhere that will treat our wedding as a special day.

Sent on 09/24/2020