Missie's Bar Service Reviews

55 | Schofield, WI

55 Reviews for Missie's Bar Service

Samantha · Married on 07/20/2019

Our Wedding

Overall our service was excellent. And we would highly recommended.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Missie's Bar Service's reply:

Hi Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for allowing us to be part of your beautiful wedding day.
    Best Wishes, Missie

Kyle · Married on 09/10/2016

They provided a great service. They were very willing to do anything to accommodate. Not exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for. Everything went off without a hitch and all of my guests were extremely pleased. No hidden costs with added options for additional price.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/01/2015

4.2

My son lives out of state and I live almost 2 hours away from the venue which made communication a bit tough at first. Missie was amazing at answering all my questions and making sure everyone was on the same page. Would reccmond for sure. Thanks again. With your help, I had an amazing time.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Caterina · Married on 07/13/2019

Timely Service at Reception

They were great to service our head tables with drinks when needed, and the workers had bubbly personalities

Sent on 07/23/2019

Emily · Married on 02/17/2018

0.4
      0.5

We recently hired Missie and her team to bartend for our Rothschild Pavilion wedding. I will start with the positives! She knew the Pavilion well and is very comfortable working in that space. She served our guests well and we had no issues with over/under serving our guests. She is very helpful with ordering the alcohol, estimates, and is knowledgeable regarding best prices in the Wausau area. On the flip side, there were far more negatives to report. From the beginning she comes off extremely helpful and accommodating. If you choose to hire her, please be very conscientious of what you agree to (whether it's in the contract or not) because she will hold you to it and not allow you to change your mind with ANY details. Her decor is outdated, and just because I did not tell her this in our initial meeting, she refused to hear our requests to take things down (mind you, these were things that did NOT make her job any more difficult). When asked by both my wedding planners (whom she refused to even speak to), my mom, my step mom, my husband's mom, my matron of honor, and countless bridesmaids, to remove the decor that did not match our theme for our event, she refused and was mean, rude, and downright terrible to all of the most important people in my life. My family and bridesmaids had to spend most of Friday and Saturday trying to plead with her to make the decor and bar changes that we wanted. She only responded to me with "Well there's a difference between a bartending service and a bartender." At 11pm, on the day of our wedding, she decides to tell my husband that she is charging us for "damages" to her equipment that was mysteriously packed away already. I can't even begin to tell you how terrible she was to work with and how incredibly discouraging it was to worry about something as silly as decor on my wedding day. She cares more about her pride than making her customers happy which is so very sad and I have no idea how she's still in business.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Missie's Bar Service's reply:

Thank you for leaving a review. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for everyone. Unfortunately it was absolutely impossible to provide all the last minute changes requested on your wedding day. Some of which would have had to been ordered and others that could have been a potential danger to your guests and my staff. I’m sorry if you were disappointed but I did bring in another bartender at my own expense to provide some of the additional services. During our meeting we went over everything in detail and you selected the services you wanted and I proceeded to put everything together as requested. I realize that you had just decided to cancel your contract with your current beverage service and perhaps I should have asked for more details but I didn’t want to pry. When I was approached on your wedding day we had to be ready to serve thousands of drinks in just 30 minutes. The fact that I was able to bring in another bartender that late was almost a miracle. Regarding Friday-I had no contact with your Family or Bridal Party because neither I nor any of my staff were there. Your statement that I was being mean to your family & bridal party is completely false. Clearly you received some misinformation. Yes- Our bar top was damaged and I did ask about the nail holes however I don’t know who did it and I never accused anyone or threatened anyone so please don’t put words in my mouth. I am unclear as to what you mean by décor as we do require equipment and lights to run the bar. In closing you had a beautiful wedding and I wish you the very best as you start your lives together.
    Kindest regards, Missie