Mirage Reviews

102 | Maryland Heights, MO

102 Reviews for Mirage

• W

Whitney · Married on 08/07/2016

Mirage Entertainment is the best! They kept the dance floor hopping all night! Literally, I have never seen such a packed dance floor. The beat was strong and the vocals rocked. Everyone simply had to get up an dance. The band was great, very accommodating an helpful with making end of the night announcements last call, food trucks, cabs... they did it all with ease an without sounding like a jr. high school principal. Very easy and joyful to work with. If you want a true celebration these are your guys!

Love,
    One Very Thankful Wedding Planner

Sent on 08/09/2016

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Whitney for such glowing comments! You helped make the evening such a huge success.....we hope to work w/ you again soon!

Johnna · Married on 08/06/2016

Mirage was so easy and great to work with! I could not believe how easy they made the process and listened to our request. Our family was really into Motown and they catered to that taste in music. A friend of mine used them and she was more into pop so they played more pop music for her wedding. They will cater to your specific taste and they modified the music for our first dance to match what we had coordinated for it. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone hiring Mirage. The best band I've ever heard @ a wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Mirage's reply:

Johnna....you guys were so much fun, we thoroughly enjoyed playing for you and your guests. Thank you for the kind words and all the best to you two!

Mirage was fantastic! All of my guests were dancing till the very last song, and multiple people have said it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to or the most fun wedding they have been to in years. They played jazzy/soft rock songs during dinner and then awesome dance music after dinner was over. I was even able to go to one of their rehearsals the week before the wedding to rehearse a special surprise song I sang to my husband. They were totally flexible, professional, and talented. They were also just a group of nice, fun people. If you want your wedding to go down as the best event ever, hire Mirage!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Mirage's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we certainly enjoyed being a part of your special day.
    And great job singing w/ the band, everyone loved it, most importantly your husband!

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

Mirage was fantastic!!! I have received so many compliments from my wedding guests about the band. I wanted a wedding reception where the dance floor was packed all night long. They delivered!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Kelly for taking the time to share your thoughts of Mirage. We sure enjoyed ourselves, all the best to you two.

Kayla · Married on 04/23/2016

Mirage was great! Our guest had a great time dancing and listening to their music!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Kayla for taking the time to review Mirage, it is certainly appreciated. All the best to you two!

Taylor · Married on 04/02/2016

Mirage was fabulous! Our wedding guests danced all night and enjoyed every hit they played! Darren and his crew were even able to accomodate a last-minute song request that was not in their repertoire. They also surprised us with a customized light display which helped make our special night even more memorable! We highly recommend Mirage, they're the best!
    --Taylor & Mark

Sent on 04/11/2016

Mirage's reply:

Taylor and Mark..thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Mirage. We truly enjoyed being a part of your special day, you had quite the party. All the best to you.

Darren and Mirage

Rachel · Married on 12/12/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Mirage! They were amazing to work with from beginning to end. Organized, professional, punctual and all around a fun band to work with. Mirage has a diverse playlist and they really know how to entertain a crowd. Our dance floor was packed all night long! I have never been to a wedding where so many people stayed on the dance floor for so long. We have been getting compliments ever since our wedding on how great the band was and how much fun everyone had. I would recommend Mirage to absolutely everyone! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Rachel for your wonderful review, we certainly appreciate it. All the best to you happy holidays! Darren and Mirage

Note: This event was not a wedding, but a holiday party for a business. Music was provided by a pianist and violinist.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Janet · Married on 11/28/2015

This is the second time that Mirage provided music for a wedding for our family. Once again the band delivered great dance music and had our guests on their feet the whole evening. I think the same thing is as true now as it was when we hired Mirage the first time. Years after your wedding people won't remember many of the details about your reception that you stressed over during the months of planning, but they always remember if they had fun! The music of Mirage will definitely ensure that you and your guests have a fun, memorable evening!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Mirage's reply:

Janet....thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was an honor to be part of another O'Connell wedding.

Stephanie · Married on 11/28/2015

Darren and the rest of the Band were absolutely AMAZING!!! Their level of talent and professionalism far exceeded our expectations. We were pretty open to the type of music that was played, but did have some very special song requests and Mirage was able to make all of them happen! They really went out of their way to make sure that our wedding reception was extra special. People will always remember if they had fun at your wedding and Mirage definitely provided a fun atmosphere with their music. The dance floor was packed all night!! We were married just over a month ago and our family and friends are still talking about how awesome Mirage was!! It was truly an amazing night that we will never forget! I would recommend Mirage to EVERYONE looking for a band to play at their reception!!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Mirage! First, they were very easy to communicate with and were very quick to respond about any questions I had about our upcoming reception. They seemed very genuine about wanting to get every detail right. At the reception, we and all of our guests had such a blast! All of the band members are extremely talented, and together, they sound amazing! Since our reception, we have had numerous guests tell us how blown away they were with the band and how they've never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding reception! Thank you, Mirage, for making our wedding reception an event to remember!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Jennifer for taking the time to review the band. All the best to you and Sean....and one last time.....Let's Go Blues!

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

PART TWO:
    Mirage not only emcee'd and put on a sensational performance during our reception, but also provided a wonderful 5-piece jazz ensemble during our cocktail hour (which was a huge hit)! They also provided a beautiful string duet for our ceremony, who went out of their way to learn two newly requested songs just two days before the wedding! The music brought the wedding party and the guests alike to tears during the ceremony, provided a fun, relaxing environment during the cocktail hour, and inspired the absolute party of a lifetime (and greatest night of our lives) during the reception. They kept our guests on their feet, and the dance floor packed the entire evening! They even ended the night with an unexpected encore (per the request of our guests!), performing a song that was highly significant to my husband and I, which was a wonderful surprise. We've received nothing but compliments and praise from everyone who attended the wedding - many of whom have since asked for Mirage's information to use at their own events! I can not describe the level of service, professionalism, and personalization Mirage provided positively enough. They helped make our wedding day, from start to finish, absolutely picture perfect. I will, without a doubt, be hiring Mirage for any other events I may need any kind of musical entertainment for in the future. They definitely set the bar for any future parties we may throw! Save yourself the trouble of looking any further for a wedding band. Hire Mirage Entertainment. Thank you so much Darren, Lou, and the rest of Mirage! You all are simply the best!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Mirage's reply:

Michelle, I think one word explains how I feel after reading your review - WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, it's these kinds of notes that make it all worthwhile. All the best!

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

I had so many wonderful things to say about my experience with Mirage, I simply could not fit it all into one review! My second review is listed under MichelleLtoP. It is definitely worth the read!:
    PART ONE:
    Let me start by summarizing my experience with Mirage with one word: phenomenal! Darren and the rest of Mirage were an unbelievable addition to my wedding. Being a musician myself, booking a highly versatile, talented band was extremely important to me. I reached out to Darren after my father had seen them perform at another wedding, and was blown away by their performance. He was so enthusiastic about their performance, he recommended them to me the second I started planning my wedding! I reached out to the drummer/band leader, Darren, who not only asked me to attend one of their weekly practices to hear them play, but also invited me to hear them perform live at other weddings to listen to the band's acoustics in varying settings outside of their practice area. I fell in love with their sound, as well as their personalities, the second I met them! Mirage is filled with award-winning musicians who not only excel musically, but also personally and professionally. During the entire process leading up to the wedding, Darren and the other members of Mirage were always incredibly easy to reach, and very quick to respond to any questions or requests we had along the way. They were exceptionally friendly, accommodating, and even reached out to us as important dates and deadlines approached to make our experience with them as stress-free as possible. Please see my second review to read more about my experience with Mirage!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Mirage Band was an absolute have to with our wedding! After hearing them at two friends' weddings we knew we had to have Mirage Band! They started the night with soft dinner music off the computer and then played for 4 hours. Wonderful music filled the hall and drew everyone to the dance floor. Couldn't have asked for a better night!

Sent on 10/19/2015

I can't say enough about this band. Lou and Darren were great to work with. The cost of the live music was comparable to a DJ. But their entertainment far surpassed any wedding DJ I've seen. They had great energy on the bandstand. The guests at the reception loved the interaction the band had with them. I received so many compliments on the great variety of music they played. The dance floor was packed the entire night. My husband hasn't danced in 30 plus years and he was on the dance floor enjoying himself. The biggest compliment we received was that this was "the ultimate wedding reception." I truly believe the band was a huge part of the success. Thank you Mirage.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Mirage's reply:

Pam....what a thoughtful note to send, we certainly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Susan · Married on 09/12/2015

If you are looking for a FUN, energetic and wonderful band, look no farther! Mirage played for my daughter's wedding reception and we had so many compliments. The dance floor was packed after the "first dances" to the very last number and the crowd cried "ONE MORE SONG!" They played a wide variety of music which was pleasing to our guests of all ages. They took very few breaks and continuously cranked out song after song after song. The lead female vocalist was AMAZING and they have a horn section that separates them from other bands. They were very professional – they kept things running on schedule and were very good with detail. They also helped me book a string group, The Landolfi Quartet, for the wedding ceremony (who were also amazing and very professional). The band also provided me with DJ music during the cocktail hour and a jazz quintet during the dinner hour. The atmosphere was one of relaxation that turned into pure joy and fun. Not only were they an awesome band but they were genuinely nice people to work with too.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Mirage's reply:

Susan...thank you so much for this review....it was quite the evening and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Darren and Mirage

Beth Ann · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I booked Mirage after I saw them play at my coworkers wedding and we would book them a million times over! They were willing to travel and accommodate all of our wants/needs for our wedding night. Their positive energy, kindness and talent truly played a hand in the overall feel of our wedding. I can't say enough about their energy on stage and the talent of all eight band members. They kept our giant dance floor packed to the max the entire evening and knew exactly what songs to play for the crowd. Everyone from age 2 to 90 had a blast at our reception. I would highly recommend booking Mirage for any event. Thank you all SO much for celebrating with us and our guests!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Mirage's reply:

Beth Ann...thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, we had a great time and glad you and your guests did as well. We hope you stay in touch!

Ethel · Married on 06/27/2015

Wonderful band. I received numerous comments from guests about how much they enjoyed the music which helped make the reception a very special occasion.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Mirage's reply:

Thank you Ethel for taking the time to review the band. We certainly enjoyed playing the reception!

Darren

Mirage was fantastic! They played for my wedding reception. Darren and Lou were very cooperative and flexible, and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. Debbie with the Landolfi Strings was great also! Their string trio played during my wedding ceremony. I received compliments from my guests about both groups, and I'd recommend them for any event!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Mirage's reply:

Thanks for the great review, we sure enjoyed being a part of your reception and wish you all the best.

Alicia · Married on 06/06/2015

We were very happy with the band! They were AMAZING and so fun! They played a great variety of music and you'd swear it was the actual original singer performing each song. They had great energy and interacted with the wedding guest.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Mirage's reply:

Alicia....thank you for the very kind words, it was an honor to be part of your special day. We wish you and Nathan all the best and hope you two stay in touch.

Darren and Mirage

Mirage made my daughter's reception spectacular. Appropriate music for
    dinner and kicked out the jams for dancing. All ages crowded the dance floor
    and at the end of the evening, I asked the band to play another half hour, which
    they accommodated gladly (for a fee). I give unreserved appreciation for the
    professionalism with which they conducted the evening. Seamless and fun.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Mirage's reply:

Many thanks for the kind words, it was one heck of a party and we were honored to be a part of it.

Mirage

Hilary · Married on 04/18/2015

Mirage was simply amazing! We found them online and knew the very moment we saw the first video that they were the band we wanted. From the moment of booking to our pre-wedding phone calls to the time they wrapped up the last song, we would not have changed one thing. Darren and Lou (and all of the band) exude professionalism and know how to turn it up on the dance floor. They know how important the day is and only want to make it just right. They went over and beyond and put on quite the show!!! I couldn't get off the dance floor. As the bride, I gave every effort to work the room and talk with friends and family and just like that was another amazing song that kept me dancing. There was never a moment that no one dancing. In fact, there was very little room on the (large) dance floor because EVERYONE was on it! People have actually not stopped talking about how great they were for our reception. While we will not have another wedding, we cannot wait to work with Mirage again... who knows, my father is even discussing next year on our anniversary!! Thank you Mirage Entertainment!!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Mirage's reply:

Hil......WOW, thanks for compliments! You and Shep were extremely easy to work with throughout the WHOLE process, many thanks! And in the end, it was quite the party. We hope you stay in touch!

emily · Married on 04/11/2015

Booking Mirage for our wedding was the best decision for our reception! They are an awesome band and kept the dancefloor full until the very end. Super easy to work with and responded to emails quickly. I recommend everyone consider Mirage for their next event!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Mirage's reply:

Thanks Emily for your kind words. We sure had fun playing your reception. We wish you all the best!

Ali · Married on 12/20/2014

We loved Mirage! They were kind enough to learn a few songs for our wedding. They were fun, professional, and extremely talented! We would recommend them again and again and again.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Mirage's reply:

Ali.....thanks for taking the time to review Mirage. You had a beautiful reception and we were honored to be part of it. All the best to you!

Mirage! was absolutely wonderful. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. My husband insisted on the Hokey Pokey being played as part of a family tradition, and Mirage even managed to keep people dancing for that! Darren was professional and thorough in making sure our night was a huge success. Hiring Mirage was the best decision we made for the wedding. I highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Mirage's reply:

Kate....thanks for the glowing review, we were honored to be part of your special day and certainly enjoyed playing for you and your guests. All the best to you and Jacob.