Miosa Couture Reviews

Miosa Couture 1
  • Amber

Amber Jones · Getting married on 03/01/2020

Daniel is amazing

I had a bad experience with another large corporate bridal dress store where I felt rushed, disrespected and had literally not one dress fit me, which I get, but wasn't so awesome for my self esteem.

I went in to Miosa just hoping to find a dress where the sample fit just a tiny bit (I’m a plus-sized bride 18/20). Miosa and specifically Daniel BLEW ME AWAY! Daniel is an absolute delight to work with. He took some time up front to ask me what venue I had chosen and what my personal style is. He asked about what vibe I was trying to create. Before my appointment, they had me create a profile online and choose some dresses I’d like to try on during my appointment. I could tell that Daniel had looked before I arrived and used all the information to find literally my perfect dress. “THE dress” was the first dress Daniel brought out. I went through the motions and tried a bunch of different styles, colors, and sizes of dress, but my bridal party, Mom and I just ended up comparing every dress to that very first one. Every single sample fit by body and some were even too big! Although my entire bridal party was teary-eyed about that dress, I was about 95% there. Daniel ended up bringing out a gorgeous asymmetrical tiara/headband and it got me all the way there and I teared up with that and the veil Daniel brought over to complete the look.

All in all I fell in love with the Miosa experience. The layout is amazing, giving you privacy, but you can interact with other parties nearby. We actually helped a neighboring bride find her perfect dress since she didn’t have a bridal party with her and my friends and I are equal opportunity cheerleaders, lol. She found her dress that day too and the whole experience just made my heart full.

If you’re looking for a pleasant experience, I HIGHLY recommend Miosa Couture and Daniel.

Bring change for street parking. :)

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Aryana

Aryana · Married on 06/08/2019

I Said YES!!!!

My overall experience at Miosa was wonderful, the staff were very helpful and nice. There are tons of dresses to pick from that are all reasonable priced. I shopped around at a few other shops and nothing compared to Miosa. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Bridal gown

The service and quality at Miosa was excellent! Their consultants do an excellent job in helping you choose the perfect dress. Their alterations were expensive but very well done.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Vanessa · Married on 04/21/2018

My day at Miosa was EVERYTHING I could have hoped for. My consultant, Rachael, was so unbelievably helpful and patient and understood my vision right away. She was able to grab me the most beautiful gowns to try on, in all price ranges even though I gave her a very generous budget. It would have been very easy for her to only pick out the most expensive gowns for me, but she showed me an amazing variety. I could not have felt more at ease and cared for.

Once I found the dress I loved, I still was not ready to pull the trigger since it was only the second place I had gone. She gave me her card and told her that if I wanted to come back at any time, either same day, next day, or next week, just call her and she would get me in within an hour.....and they did. I called back at 11:50 the next day, and they got me in at 1:30.

Everything about my experience, from the selection of amazing and stunning wedding dresses, to the most personal care and assistance I could ask for, was absolutely perfect. I cannot thank Rachael and the Miosa team enough!!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Chantel · Married on 05/28/2017

I grew up in Sacramento and since I was a little girl I dreamed of getting my wedding dress from Miosa. When I actually started planning my wedding I assumed they were way out of price range and looked elsewhere. I tried on a few a dresses and didn't love them and decided to go back. A friend told me how Miosa worked with her budget and she loved her dress. I made an appointment and Kasey helped me find my wedding dress. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but when I tried it on it was completely different but it was the one! I ended up getting my dress $200 under my budget. They make you feel so special at Miosa and really understand that picking a dress is both an emotional and exciting time. I would definitely recommend them to any future bride! Thank you Miosa!

Sent on 06/14/2017
  • Rob & Linda

Rob & Linda · Married on 08/04/2016

I used to live in downtown Sacramento ...not that far from their boutique and when I would pass by them I used to say to myself that one day I hope to go in there and try on and purchase a beautiful dress from there. Well one day I did. when I walk in I already knew that my dream dress was there. It is the same feeling I got when I met my forever love. They listen to my ideas and added a few of their own, and they also took into consideration my price range. The ladies there were amazing and so helpful and made each detail perfect right down to the seamstress she to know exactly how I wanted my dress to fit. The dress I found was that of timeless beauty a dress that I hope one day I will see my daughter wear.
    I just want to say "Thank You" so very much. You made my special day that much more special. The dress was amazing and everyone loved it. I have had some of my friends ask me about you and I tell them this is the place to go for a dress, they are the best.

Sincerely,
    Linda Lerman

Sent on 02/20/2017

Sue helped me try on dresses and she was absolutely amazing! She had such a great attitude and was really focussed on helping me find the perfect dress, stopping at nothing. I loved her energy and had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jen · Married on 04/02/2016

Amazing experience! Erica was the greatest sales associate - very understanding of needs and wants in a dress. She was great at listening to what I loved or disliked about a dress and really presented the best options. The selection of dresses was excellent - wide range of options, colors, costs, etc. The staff was super accommodating, even placing us downstairs so my grandma didn't have to climb stairs. Ended up ordering my dress from here this week. Highly recommend anyone looking to go to Miosa Bride.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/17/2015

Miosa is wonderful! They have an enormous selection of tons of styles for every bride! I went in to Miosa wanting something unusual- I had already seen enough white beaded A-lines with belts and sweetheart necklines that I knew that wasn't what I wanted, but I had a hard time finding places that had something that strayed far from that norm. I worked with a wonderful consultant, Maddy, who helped me find 3 wonderful options that each showcased a different aspect of my personality.

When I finally made the plunge and chose my blush mermaid Maggie Sottero, Miosa was equally helpful in finding me a veil and doing my alterations.

Their alterations department was PARTICULARLY amazing. Because I don't have the perfect body proportions (ha!), I needed a lot done. They were able to alter the dress to not only fit like a glove, but to also add elements to the design that I thought wouldn't be possible. They even did a wonderful job altering my mom's and MOH's dresses, which weren't even purchased there!

100% recommend Miosa...and request Maddy! She's amazing!

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • TheCollinsWedding2015

Nichole · Married on 09/06/2015

My Mom called around to bridal shops in Sonoma & Napa before we went shopping for my dress. She found that they did not have great selections, or had really terrible customer service. She went out on a limb and decided to call Miosa even though it is in Sacramento, which is a 1 1/2 hour drive from her home in Marin. (Going to any of the many stores in San Francisco would've been much more convenient)
    She spoke to Kristen, who was so sweet & helpful that my Mom decided Miosa was worth the drive & would be the place to go for my dress. When we arrived at Miosa we knew right away that it was worth it. The bridal shop is really cute & they have a wide selection of dresses in a variety of price points. I found "the one" on our first visit there! They have in-house alterations, which are pretty affordable & extremely convenient. The only issue I had here was related to alterations. They were supposed to adjust the boning in my dress & when I went back for what was meant to be my final fitting...they had not done the one & only change that was meant to be done. Instead they said that they tried to steam it to fix the boning issue. I am not a seamstress, but even I know that that would not work. However, I ended up needing additional alterations after that visit, so it worked out fine. They made the initial fix, as well as the new fixes & my dress was perfect when I went back. I live in Los Angeles, so I had to pick my dress up the same weekend as my wedding...that was a bit scary, but they made me feel at ease because they said they would be able to make any changes while I had lunch if necessary (perks on the on-site alterations). I didn't need it, but it was nice & comforting to know that they are able to do that.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/22/2015

I had the best experience at Miosa! Not only was my initial consultant, Jackie, amazing, but she helped me find a dress in less than an hour! I told her I wanted an Aline style dress, however when I tried on a few of those I wasn't pleased with the way they looked. She asked if I would be willing to try on a trumpet style and hesitantly I said yes. After she laced me up, I had the 'Ahh' moment! I knew this was my dress; she knew I would fall in love with it! For my fittings, I was helped by Allie. She was very gentle, complimentary and professional when altering my dress. When I picked it up at my final fitting, it was pressed and ready to go!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Maribel · Married on 06/27/2015

Fell in love with my dress!! Many many brands to choose from!

Sent on 07/13/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/05/2015

Stepping into this store is like walking into a dream. I didn't meet one dress here that I didn't like. I worked with Jackie who also makes all the veils for the store. She is the sweetest thing ever and made every appointment (I had quite a few!) effortless. I saw a lot of bridal stores from the Bay Area to the foothills and Miosa is just unbeatable.

Sent on 02/05/2015

I went to several wedding dress shops in the area and could not find what I wanted. Miosa was the first place I went to that had the variety I was looking for. All of the bridal consultants were super nice and helpful and the shop itself was beautiful. I liked how the dresses were not displayed in bags--it made it easier to look at them. It was a tad expensive but definitely worth it. Definitely recommend Miosa!

Sent on 05/18/2015

J · Married on 10/11/2014

I was in the process of getting a list of various bridal shops in Sacramento so that I could set up appointments for my sister to search for her wedding dress, when I was told about Miosa. I visited their website to find out more and immediately filled out an online form requesting an appointment for my sister and three other people. This would be my sister's first time wedding dress shopping. I was able to get the day and time requested. A few days later my sister let me know that a few more people would be coming. I called Miosa and they were more than happy to accommodate the addition to our party. Last Saturday was the day we all went to help my sister pick out dresses and as soon as we walked in we were greeted with smiles by Susan Nelson, who ended up being the sales consultant who helped us throughout our entire time at Miosa. Susan asked my sister several questions as to what type of dress my sister was looking for and her price range, and then she took us upstairs to where we would be and brought up 5+ amazing dresses for my sister to try on. She was patient with all of us women their oohing and awing over each dress my sister tried on and all of the pictures we were taking. Susan also brought several veils and beautiful crystal belts that she thought would complement the dresses my sister was trying all and they were all very lovely! After trying on 5 wonderful dresses, we made my sister try on one more and it ended up being THE DRESS! I have to say that Miosa had some stunning gowns and Susan was absolutely great at her job. She was patient with all of us, she knew which dresses to pull for my sister to try on, and I felt she was just as excited as all of us were to be there. I would definitely recommend visiting Miosa if you are looking for a great wedding dress shopping experience! Thank you Susan!!

Sent on 06/26/2014

The staff at Miosa was amazing! I was in love with a dress that was discontinued so they worked with me and my budget to get me into something just as beautiful! We did it! The dress was perfect and I was so happy! They are great and kind people who truly love what they are doing!

Sent on 02/23/2015

I loved my dress! It was an absolute hit at my wedding. I got so many compliments. The staff was so amazing. They definitely helped me find the dress of my dream. Thank you Emily!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Anne · Married on 08/23/2014

Our daughter loved this shop. Great selection, helpful staff who were never pushy. Wish I had written down all the names of the staff who helped-- Rachael and Jackie for sure. They do their own in house alterations. They changed the dress to a sweetheart neckline and took it in at the sides-- beautiful work.

Sent on 08/27/2014

I was a control freak when it came to my wedding and I think most of my vendors hated how picky I was. I came to my appointment at Miosa on a Saturday morning, which apparently is one of their busiest times. The shop was full of people but somehow I still felt like I was having a private experience, the giant fitting rooms with furniture made it so I could really look at each dress up close without feeling cramped or rushed.

My consultant was so happy and friendly and asked all the right questions about my wedding. She honestly made me feel more like a bride than anyone has, I felt so special! Then she started bringing me the most beautiful gowns I had seen yet (already been to 5 other shops at that point, 3 in San Francisco). I fell in love with a super fitted and dramatic mermaid dress designed by the owner of the store, Michael. He explained that the gowns are made by hand below the shop and have a custom corset inside. I wanted to make some changes to the dress by making it into a sweetheart neckline and lowering the back, and they assured me it would be no problem. My consultant even did a beautiful sketch to show me what the changes would look like!

My gown came out better than I could have ever hoped for. All of my guests are still raving about how gorgeous it was! THANK YOU to Michael and the rest of the Miosa staff for your expertise, patience, and an amazing experience.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Claudia · Married on 06/21/2014

I visited a few vendors prior to ending up at Miosa. I felt that my consultants elsewhere were so pushy and were not listening to my requests. When I walked in here it was so calm, there was no pressure at all and all the staff was very friendly. My consultant took her time and allowed me to schedule three different consultations. I found my dress the first time but I had to go back to try on different silhouettes just to make absolutely sure. They were so patient with all my questions and my mother's. It was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 03/22/2014

Jaime · Married on 06/15/2014

The staff at Miosa Couture were AMAZING! My fiancé and I got engaged on a friday on the east coast. I flew in on Sunday and drove 2 hours to visit this shop on Tuesday over my christmas break. Annie helped me and she was FANTASTIC!!!! After we were pretty sure I had found "the one" she did everything possible to help me feel confident about my choice by trying to beat the dress I picked. When it couldn't be beat, I was still a little bit nervous about making the big decision so I had them take down all my information and I told Annie I would call after I slept on it to make sure I was still in love with the dress the next day. I loved the dress and made the final order on Friday. Because my dress was (a certain brand name) it was under the priority program and was in stock. The dress was shipped the next monday (week of christmas) and then arrived at Miosa on FRIDAY! I drove to the shop monday morning and tried on my dress and it fit PERFECTLY! Annie helped me and so did Kristen - they were both fantastic and helped me out so much! I did not need any alterations but I did want to restructure one of the features on the dress and add cups. The seamstress came up and pinned it and then told me because I was living on the east coast and was in town just for the day she could finish it in a few HOURS!!!! My family and I left and explored downtown Sacramento and in about 3 hours Kristen called us and the dress was ready for my second (and FINAL fitting). I tried it on again and it was perfect! Since I live on the east coast (and am getting married on the east coast), the shop is going to ship me the dress when it is closer to my wedding! I also custom designed my vail to be the exact length and style that I wanted. I was soooo pleased with the service of all the staff at Miosa Couture! I HIGHLY recommend every bride to this boutique. I even recommend all my friends on the east coast and tell them all about this shop just incase they find themselves in California!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Macey · Married on 04/25/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at Miosa for my April 25 wedding. I went to a few other dress shops to try on and actually found my dress at another shop. That shop would have had to order the dress and it wouldn't have been ready on time. I did a search of who in the area might carry the dress and Miosa had it, in my size, in the sample and was about a quarter of the price. I bought the dress there and had all of my alterations through Miosa. My consultant Kristen was AWESOME at every appointment! The seamstress Evelia can literally work magic! I ended up having the whole top of the dress completely redone, from the bust, to the shoulders and the whole back; it was incredible what they did. I was very concerned about it looking exactly the way I wanted it to and it was 100% perfect. All of the staff was great every time I went; they were all very helpful with ideas and solutions to my issues. They also have much more competitive prices than I thought they would.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Their variety of quality dresses is excellent. We had to make the trip after seeing one of their custom gowns and we were hooked! By far the best quality of materials and construction. Very happy mother-of-the-bride.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Two daughters were married within 12 months and we had a wonderful time with Miosa Couture. Both dresses were beautiful.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Leanne · Married on 10/10/2013

Michael created a custom gown for me and it is PERFECT! I am having a vintage style wedding in Montepulciano Italy and her created the most exquisite gown!

Sent on 09/19/2013