Mint DJ Events Reviews

Mint DJ Events 5
Mint DJ Events 6
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

I can not say enough how incredible Alex was for our wedding. Without exaggeration, our guests are STILL commenting on how incredible our reception and especially our DJ were. Our wedding had guests who ranged in age from toddlers to 80 year olds; somehow, Alex managed to cross and blend genres in a way that got EVERYONE dancing. Our entire reception was up out of their seats and dancing from the time dinner ended until the busses had to leave.

Mint's planning program was incredibly easy to use and extremely helpful. Alex himself made time to meet with us on a couple occasions leading up to the wedding: he was extremely responsive via text, email, and phone calls. He took the time to listen to us and understand the vision we had for our reception. We developed a trust in him to give him just a couple suggestions of what we were looking for with a couple must-plays, but then left the rest up to him! He did not disappoint!

Alex set up sound for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We could not have been happier with each phase of the execution. The sound quality and music selections were incredible, and Alex and his assistant, Jess, help to facilitate the ceremony so that it went smoothly (a tricky task with our wedding party coming into the ceremony from multiple locations)! Looking back on it, our wedding was not simple from a logistics point of view, but Alex got it done in a way that it seemed effortless.

As an MC, we could not have asked for more; he made us shine, and let his music do most of the talking for him. He didn't try to become the star of the show, but got everyone involved for the entire duration of the reception. I will never forget him gathering up everyone on the dance floor so the photographer could get a huge group shot, and then playing "Jump Around" by House of Pain; our mothers, both recently out of physical therapies, were even out there with us jumping up and down! Can't say enough; Alex definitely made our wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/10/2016

Alex from Mint DJ was wonderful! Our wedding had a unique vibe and Alex nailed it with all of our song requests and added to the perfect flow of the day. He provided equipment for our live music and was available to meet our needs before the day as well as on the day. Everyone at our wedding had such a good time and we'd book Alex again for another event!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Kathryn · Married on 07/03/2016

Alex was AMAZING--I loved working with him! My music taste is for indie electronic pop and Alex made it happen! He worked with me to get in some favorites and played absolutely fabulous music all night. Not only is he an easy person to work with setting up the event but he has some serious DJ skills! Everyone at my event loved Alex! You should definitely book Mint DJs---it isy worth every penny!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/25/2016

I wish rating could go to 10 as Mint DJ was so awesome. Professional and fun is a balancing act and they made it ceremony, cocktail hour and reception seamless. It was fantastic.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

I don't even think I can say enough about how happy we were with our Mint DJ Events. AJ was our DJ for our wedding reception and he made sure everyone had a blast. We had so many guests complimenting the music, and some told us that they had never seen so many people dancing at a wedding reception! The planning process was easy, the uplighting made the room look great, and AJ helped make our reception one of the best ever! I would recommend Mint DJ Events to anyone.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Cassie · Married on 06/11/2016

Alex did an incredible job with our wedding! From our cocktail hour, to dinner music, to our dance party....every song was thoughtfully selected and was perfect for our event! He listened to every single request we had and customized our playlist to meet our style. Alex provided the uplighting and dance floor lighting for our reception that really helped to set the mood for the evening. Our reception was A BLAST and our guests had so much fun! Once the dance music began, no one left the dance floor. It was without a doubt one of the best parties ever and our guests could not stop talking about it....they still can't! Alex played the best parts of all of the greatest dance music, both old and new for our guests of every age. He was so organized, responsive, and easy to work with. I can't recommend Alex Nepa and Mint DJ Events enough!!! He was worth every. single. penny!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/11/2016

You cannot go wrong with Mint DJ Events! Alex was great with answering all of our upfront questions and Billy was absolutely amazing at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception! The online form that is provided is very helpful to make notes on throughout the wedding planning process. But Billy called the week before to go over any last minute details and confirm any questions we had. He made us feel right at ease. On the day of, he made sure everything ran smoothly and was so accommodating. Somehow he would find us and check in to make sure we were ready to move to the next event. It does not sound like much but that was so helpful and appreciated. Our ceremony was outside and he provided music and a microphone so guests could hear what we were saying without yelling. He also did an amazing job with the music at the cocktail hour and reception. We received so many compliments it was unreal. At the reception he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! We would highly recommend Billy as your DJ!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Heather · Married on 05/21/2016

Mint DJ has been the most responsive vendors I've worked with so far. After emailing a request for a consultation I got an email back within 1 hour. I got to meet with the DJ who will be actually working at my wedding reception. He made me feel really comfortable and was able to take away some of the stress that goes along with wedding planning by assuring me he would take care of all aspects of entertainment. Mint DJ also has an awesome, comprehensive website for providing information on how you want your entertainment to go. They are very active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) so you can see videos and pictures of their events.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Mint DJ Events's reply:

We can't wait for your wedding Heather!

Lindsay · Married on 05/15/2016

Huge thank you to Alex for all of the assistance for our wedding this past weekend! From helping us with the time schedule to finding the perfect song to be introduced to! Awesome time! Thank you again!!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

Mint DJ is by far the best DJ you will find in the State College area. My husband and I took our time searching online for the right vendors for our wedding. We asked around town and heard so many great things about Alex and his crew. Their website is comprehensive and easy to navigate. It was a breeze to set up a meeting with them and communication throughout the entire planning process was easy with their online music planning system! When it came to the actual day, AJ rocked it! He wasn't just on time, he was early. He communicated with our ceremony musicians to make sure their needs were met, and checked in with us throughout the evening to get the go ahead to que the next event (this may seem unnecessary if this is your first wedding, but it was great to have the choice of a few more moments of sitting/visiting before the next dance). Our dance floor was never empty and the flow of the music the whole night was better than we could've anticipated. AJ ran the show like a boss! We highly recommend AJ and the entire crew at Mint DJs for their professionalism and sweet beats! Look no further State College brides!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Mint DJ did an outstanding job with our wedding reception! Alex Nepa, our DJ was so talented and very easy to work with. Their music selection kept the dance floor party thriving up to the last dance. We can't thank Alex enough for helping us have such an awesome wedding.

Sue · Married on 11/28/2015

Alex did an amazing job! He followed the schedule we gave him and kept everyone on the dance floor with the great music he was playing. I will definitely use him in the future and will recommend him to our friends.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Alex was great to work with.His online event planner was easy to follow and to set up the music that you wanted played. We would highly recommend him for your special event.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Naydea · Married on 09/19/2015

Billy was absolutely amazing! Everyone kept saying to me during the course of the night how awesome the DJ was. He kept the party going the entire time. We had a huge range of guests at our wedding and Billy made sure he played a little bit of everything. If you want a memorable wedding I highly suggest going with Billy to be your DJ!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Becki · Married on 09/19/2015

We're so glad that we went with Mint DJ for our wedding. Alex was really great to work with. He was a big help in figuring out details before hand and was very flexible and accommodating with our requests and the needs of our venue.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Justine and Rich · Married on 09/12/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to help us celebrate our wedding day! Leading up to our wedding, we consulted with Alex multiple times regarding our music choices, which made our day go smoothly and just the way we wanted! He was very interactive with our guests and made them feel comfortable to request their own song choices. Alex also respected our song choices by playing the ones we wanted and not playing the ones we didn't. Music is such an important part of a wedding... After all of the toasts and speeches and food, music is the main event, and Alex delivered! We highly recommend Alex if you want your guests to have fun, and the dance floor to be packed.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Alex DJ'd at my son's wedding and was wonderful! The guests had a terrific time and have told me how much they loved the mix of songs, the lighting, the energy on the dance floor, and the streaming of one song into the next. I could tell they were having a great time because the guests stayed on the dance floor until the very last song! And I was on the dance floor all night, which I never do! Even my 92 year old father-in-law was dancing! Many thanks to Alex for helping to make my son and his bride's day even more special!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

Alex was an amazing DJ! My friends and family had such a great
    Time! They were also pretty stoked to see him actually spin the plates. I had friends ask me who the DJ was because of how great he was! I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs someone! Thank you so much for making our special day so fun!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Douglas · Married on 08/16/2015

Alex was fantastic. He knew exactly what we wanted, was very easy to deal with and did an outstanding job. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/15/2015

AJ from Mint was nothing short of spectacular as my wedding DJ. Prior to the wedding he and Alex worked with me to organize the flow and layout of my reception. They were always available to answer my questions via email and even text. The night of the reception was amazing too, from the way the uplighting gave the room the right charm to the fact that AJ worked the dance floor. I’ve never seen a dance floor more crowded with hands in the air and my guests singing along with every song. But they also know how to respect the formal traditions and make them feel even more special than they already are. The Mint team and AJ in particular are masters at what they do. Organized, stylish, fun. I can’t wait to throw a reunion party, I’ll be giving AJ & Mint a call!

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2015

Working with Alex for our wedding was wonderful. He came highly recommended, and he definitely did not disappoint! Alex made the process incredibly easy, as we were planning the wedding from out of town. He rolled with the punches, as we made several last minute changes the day prior to the wedding. All of our guests had a fantastic time during the reception, as Alex matched the atmosphere with his music selection all night. The dance floor was full all night - he is a great DJ!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Alex Nepa and John Lopes did an amazing job at our wedding! They were very professional, easy going, and helpful. They always responded to emails very quickly. They kept the party going all night, and all of our guests commented on how fun our reception was and how great Alex was.

Michael · Married on 07/25/2015

We could not have been more pleased with the DJ service for our wedding at the Nittany Lion Inn. During planning and leading up to the wedding, Alex was extremely helpful and accommodating. He responds to emails quickly and will do whatever he can to ensure your event goes well. Our wedding DJ, Kyle, was extremely professional, organized, and friendly the whole night. He did a great job of communicating with us and kept the dance floor packed all night. Many guests commented on how awesome the music was and Kyle's ability to read the crowd and keep the party going. The uplighting was awesome, too. Highly recommend to anyone, no matter what your style or preferences. We definitely picked the best DJ service around!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Katie · Married on 07/25/2015

Alex was AMAZING! He makes sure that your wedding exceeds your expectations. Alex is very detail oriented, prepared, professional, and personable; he makes sure everything is set in place before your big day comes. Not only does he keep the dance floor packed for the entire night, he makes sure your wedding runs smoothly from beginning to end. Alex takes care of introductions, speeches, timeline of the night, helps with managing the timeline with the photographer so that you get all the pictures you want within your time frame, and takes care of any 'whoops' moments that may arise. I HIGHLY suggest booking Alex for your wedding or any event that you want to be amazing and memorable.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Cara · Married on 07/18/2015

Our Mint DJ for our wedding was Alex Nepa! Alex was SO organized starting from the very beginning of our planning process of our event, the online planner he has was SO helpful in making us feel like his DJ service was going to be exactly what we wanted! He responded quickly to our questions and was flexible with whatever we wanted him to do for the wedding! We met with him face to face in signing the contract and he makes it a point to talk to you again a few weeks before the wedding to go over the details and make sure the day goes exactly how you want it!
    Now for the wedding day!! -- I have nothing but good things to say. It was easily the HOTTEST day of the summer and the wedding was in a barn with no air conditioning and Alex managed to get everyone, and keep everyone on the dance floor singing and dancing ALL NIGHT!! He mixes one song into the next with no break in between songs which helps to keep everyone dancing!! That's what sets Alex apart from other wedding DJs that I have seen! Alex even knew the colors of our wedding and dressed accordingly, his DJ set up was modern and AWESOME looking. He also asked for our wedding hashtag and our social media accounts and took pictures and a little highlight video of the dance floor at our wedding and posted it the day after our wedding! We love it, and we loved him!! We highly recommend Alex Nepa for your DJ at any event you're having!!!

Sent on 07/28/2015