Mindy & Co. Events Reviews

109 | Thousand Oaks, CA

109 Reviews for Mindy & Co. Events

Tamar · Married on 07/25/2010

Mindy was an absolutely fantastic day-of-coordinator! She gave me oodles of time -- she met with me, my venue, and my caterer before the wedding and she coordinated my rehearsal. She was also very responsive and had great suggestions when I was planning. Most importantly, she did a smashing job running the show on the day of the wedding. My wedding venue is a historic landmark, and there were many persnickety rules and coordination prolems. Mindy was there from the beginning to the end, and all I can say is that I only found out about various crises (electrical problems, etc.) several days AFTER the wedding. With Mindy running the show, everything ran perfectly smoothly, and I was able to focus on having an amazing time.

Sent on 08/02/2010

Emily · Married on 07/24/2010

Having Mindy coordinate our wedding was the best decision we made. She was there from start to finish and made everything go perfectly!!! From our first meeting to the last call Mindy was heaven sent. Beyond professional, always ontime, full of great ideas and experience, friendly, calm, and beyond accommodating! No one in the family had to worry about anything especially the bride and groom. We guarantee you will be fully satisfied as she goes above and beyond expectations!!!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Rileah · Married on 06/26/2010

Wow, what can I say?? Mindy's so incredible!! I hired her to help me with the last couple of weeks before the wedding and she literally took all the pre-wedding stress away! I was a very hands-on bride, but she made sure I didn't forget anything:) She came highly recommended from the place we got married and I'm so glad I went with her. Not only did she have intimate knowledge of the location, but all the little extras she threw in were above and beyond! She even talked the bar at the location in to staying open after the reception so the wedding guests could keep the party going:)

If you're a DIY bride like me, but want to relax on your wedding day, hire Mindy! She's so reasonably priced and awesome that you'll thank yourself later:)

Sent on 11/08/2010

Shana · Married on 05/30/2010

Mindy is the best! She did the day of coordination for our wedding (but she also handled plently of things ahead of time) and I'm not sure how we could have made it through with out her. She is extremely friendly and organized and she made sure we stayed on schedule - she was even great with the kids in the wedding party. Anything we had questions about or needed she handled immediately - including reviewing all of our contracts and contacting all vendors the week of the wedding. She was fantastic!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Martha · Married on 05/23/2010

Mindy was fantastic! She took care of everything without me even noticing! She was organized, prepared, and curtious to all. I would highly recommend Mindy

Sent on 06/30/2010

Danielle · Married on 05/14/2010

Mindy is the best! She did the day of coordination for our wedding and I'm not sure how we could have made it through with out her. She is extremely friendly and organized and she made sure we stayed on schedule. Anything we had questions about or needed she handled immediately. We had debated the need for a coordinator at all, but I can say without a doubt that we did need her, she knows what she is doing, and she did an awesome job!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Erica · Married on 05/07/2010

Mindy's amazing!! She really kept everything organized on the day of the wedding. I loved that we didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying our day-Plus she's a total sweetheart!!

Sent on 06/30/2010

arianne · Married on 01/17/2009

she is the BEST she is the real MINDY of wedding planning she is there throughtout, & she personally sees everything, i didn't have to think about a thing!!! MINDY RODERICK IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2009

Mindy was fantastic! So professional and at a bargain rate! Her attitude and willingness to do anything we asked for was beyond expectations. She was creative in finding solutions to issues that arose. On the day of the wedding she was a superstar! We highly recommend her services and for any future events Mindy is a must!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Erika · Married on 07/29/2011

I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have said we can't imagine how stressful our wedding day would have been without Mindy. She made our big day an absolute breeze. She is smart, sweet, thoughtful and professional. Outside of us and our pastor she was the most important person at our wedding! I could not recommend her more enthusiastically!

Sent on 01/30/2012

MarLene · event on: 09/22/2013

Mindy was on top of every detail requested, we didn,t have to worry about anything after our second meeting.
    Am sure that stephanie will remember that day not only because it was her birthday, but because everything was so pretty and well done, more than we expected.

Thank you Mindy for everything.
    Buck and Marlene Liang

Sent on 02/12/2014

Alex · Married on 10/02/2015

We just had a wedding at The Victorian and can say I am truly stoked about the services that Mindy provided. We were hesitant about coordinators through our wedding planning just because the whole idea was weird especially when considering day of coordinating. After some research and speaking to some coordinators we felt good going with Mindy. After all the hectic stressors of the wedding all we wanted to do was get to the day of our wedding and enjoy the moment, but also with the peace of mind to ensure everything went without a skip. We understood that some things may go awry but all we could do was try and go with it. Once the day came, whether something went wrong or not, we would've never known, Mindy did a wonderful job on keeping things moving, and that's all we could've asked for :)

Sent on 12/29/2015

Erin · Married on 05/23/2015

Mindy was an amazing wedding planner! She had great recommendations for everything and every vendor was superb from my florist, my cake, my photographer, everything. She knew my wedding venue (Calamigos) exceptionally well and made the paper work a breeze. And her day of wedding coordination was amazing. She flew around making sure everything was perfect, took care of any stressors that arose, and made my wedding day as smooth as it could've possibly been. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

We hired Mindy as our day of coordinator after being referred by our venue for our October wedding at Calamigos Ranch. We couldn't have pulled it all together without her and Teri. I had a lot of DIY things to bring to the wedding and was a little type A about things being in the right place. Mindy and Teri made sure everything looked perfect. I didn't have a care in the world that day. I knew everything was handled! She was very attentive to our whole family the day of the wedding. Wonderful experience!

Sent on 03/04/2015

I booked Mindy 1.5 years in advance of our wedding. I wanted to make sure almost everything could be figured out and planned before I got really busy with work. Mindy was a great help setting up meetings and finding vendors to fit within our budget. Her main skills shined on our wedding day - she is an incredible day of coordinator. I think my wedding was too far away with so many other weddings before mine that a lot of details were left until the last few months. I also went a little crazy looking for deals and DIY options which limited her help. Everything ran smoothly on the day of and the reception site was perfect when we got there. She was amazing at keeping everything on a time-schedule and organized when working with the other vendors.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Chrissa · Married on 11/02/2013

Not everything went smoothly on the day of my wedding, but I didn't have to deal with any of the hiccups myself because you guys were so wonderful and on top of it!! Thank you for everything. It was a magical memory for us, and you both made it a joyful, stress-free occasion.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Melody · Married on 10/11/2013

I was an out-of-town bride (we live in NYC and had our wedding at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, LA) so we decided that we definitely needed a day-of coordinator. We chose Mindy based on the venue's recommendation (she used to work at Calamigos so is very experienced with the venue and knows the staff there well).

It turned out to be one of the best decisions we made - Mindy was very helpful throughout the wedding planning process, very responsive to whatever random questions I had, and was also very helpful in recommending other vendors. She took care of things on the day of the wedding so we didn't have to worry about it. I highly recommend her especially if you're having your wedding at Calamigos Ranch.

Sent on 02/06/2014
  • User3920338 · 2+ years ago

Mindy was an excellent day-of wedding coordinator ensuring our ceremony and reception went smoothly. She was extremely attentive to our requests and needs.

Sent on 02/20/2014
  • Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 09/08/2013

I valued Mindy's professionalism and certainly recommend her to any bride out there that needs a planner. Originally I hired Mindy as the day of coordinator only, but my thought changed when my wedding day gets closer and definitely needs a professional who can take care of everything for me. My story started when I only met Mindy in person twice and the rest of our communications were done via emails and phone calls. Mindy is very detail-oriented and understands what I wanted. She can quickly pick up my ideas and provide adequate advices when she thinks there is a better way or refers me to other professionals, for example, when DJ/live band service is not in her field. The month before the wedding and even one week before the big show started, I remember I submitted a 4+ page long timeline and 2+ page with images of decor idea that I wanted Mindy to help me decorate the venue. The time was limited and I was so worried if I didn't give Mindy enough time to absorb my concept of my ideal wedding decor. However, things turned out great and surpassed my expectations. She made the logistic flowed nicely from the ceremony to the end and decorated my candy bar nicer and looked even more attractive. The 0.2 points on rating are missed from full point is because I hope Mindy can offer a second assistant to help the bride with the logistics before the ceremony. I was missing a professional who could help me watch the timeline from bridal's make up, first-look, group pictures, and transpiration and coordinations with other vendors. Even though Mindy can take good care of everything from ceremony point to the end, I better would want to pay her extra fee for assigning me an assistant to coordinator my day from the beginning on the wedding day. Overall, I cannot be more thankful for Mindy and her efforts for helping me pull out my dream wedding. Cheers!!!

Sent on 02/12/2014

Mindy was incredibly easy to work with and made the whole wedding process much smoother! She even fixed our wedding cake when the heat messed it up. She is an amazing person to have on your team!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Kelley · Married on 07/13/2013

I would highly recommend Mindy for your wedding planning. We hired Mindy for day of services and thanks to her our wedding went off without a hitch!
    Although we were just working with Mindy for the day of, she was also a wonderful resource in guiding us towards getting our other vendors that were familiar with our venue (Calamigos Ranch). She works with the best and through her we found our amazing DJs & our videographer.
    Mindy is extremely detail oriented and was the consumate show runner for our special day. She was AMAZING with our set-up. I did a ton of DIY projects and Mindy set everything up from our place holders to tieing up our "floating votives" in the venue...she made sure everything looked perfect!
    I can't tell you what a relief if was to have her with us that day; I was able to just enjoy the wedding and know that everything was taken care of by her. Even when the night came to an end as we said goodbye to the last guest, she had our cars all packed up and ready to go right when we needed to be out of the venue. She truly thought of every detail & I am so grateful to have had her help in making our wedding a day to remember!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Michael · Married on 07/12/2013

Mindy was wonderful. She met with us long before the ceremony to go over what we wanted and what we still needed to make decisions about. Throughout the process, she was always patient, responsive and calm. Calm may have been the most important, in fact. As I was reviewing her services, I realized that a few things (1) Mindy was always around if I had a question but she never bothered me with anything; (2) I don't know exactly what she was doing on the day of the ceremony (which means that she took care of everything without asking me); and (3) she exuded such calm and confidence that I believed everything would turn out great . . . and it did!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Danielle · Married on 04/05/2013

Mindy helped us plan our wedding which we were organizing from abroad. At first, we didn't think we could afford a planner but we went through our venue's recommended vendors and she was one of the most highly recommended so we got in touch. Here are a few reasons why we recommend Mindy: -She has GREAT contacts in the wedding world in So Cal - she recommended our DJ, transportation, printers, florist and cake maker and we were pleased with all of them. -She really knew our venue and our venue's coordinator which made it nice and seamless to work together -She listened to us and knew which parts of the wedding we wanted her to run with and which parts we wanted more control over -She brought up all kinds of small things we never would have thought of There were some times many months before the wedding when I thought she wasn't replying to emails very quickly but I saw that in the weeks and months before she was much quicker and I suppose that is when it counts most! Her pricing is extremely reasonable for what you get in return and the amount we paid absolutely was worth every dime in terms of the help she offered. We were so much less stressed than we would have been w/o her guidance. And she even prepped our favors which we loved! Our wedding day went very smoothly and our guests can't stop talking about how amazing it was. Had no hiccups and even if there had been any we knew Mindy was there to take care of it. To top it off, she is super positive, enthusiastic, calming, funny and most important - chills people out! She never even looks stressed or worried which is awesome because that means we didn't feel that either! We would highly recommend Mindy for all those reasons above!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Mari · Married on 09/15/2011

Mindy was great!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 01/12/2012

3.5

Extremely knowledgable and able to provide best practices from experience.
    Calm, professional, a resourceful person who has extensive services and vendors.
    Discerning taste level and excellent execution.

Sent on 03/01/2015