Mimoza Design Reviews

Mimoza Design 5
Mimoza Design 6
Mimoza Design 7

Martha · Married on 03/25/2017

The flowers Sarah arranged for our son's wedding were spectacular. We conducted business with Sarah by phone as we live in Philly, our son and his partner live in Ecuador and the wedding was in D.C. We provided Sarah with the colors and the size of arrangements, and even requested cherry blossoms be added to the arrangements. She was so easy to work with and very accommodating. We put our trust in Sarah and she did not disappoint. We would highly recommend Sarah for any occasion needing flowers.

Tracy · Married on 10/01/2016

Sarah is so much fun to work with! The arrangements were stunning!

Erin · Married on 07/03/2016

Sarah is awesome!!! She made paper magnolias for me since these don't work as wedding flowers. Everything looked beautiful-I definitely recommend using her for your event.

Laura · Married on 06/05/2016

Mimoza Design was truly amazing! They worked within my budget to provide a beautiful bouquet for the bride and made of honor, boutonnieres and corsages, and center pieces. Their style is so unique, yet elegant and classic, making them the ideal florist for any wedding. I highly recommend this florist. They exceeded my expectations! I was able to tell Sarah the style of wedding we were having (i.e., farm/country), my colors, and my overall goal for the flowers and she put together arrangements that I could not of been happier with. If you go with Mimoza Deign, you will NOT be disappointed.

• Casey

Casey · Married on 09/19/2015

From the moment I met Sarah, I knew that I had found my florist. She came at the recommendation of a family friend whose opinion I trust greatly. Her floral designs are the most unique and gorgeous I have ever seen. I knew that based on her work she would be able to design some fabulous flower arrangements and bouquets for me.
    My mom told me after the wedding that when they got to Elkridge on the wedding day that the arch I was going to use wasn't what we had envisioned. Sarah saw this and she remedied the situation. I could not be any happier with what Sarah did, and the picture that I still carry around with me of the event.
    Sarah is very responsive, and will work with you, and ensure that the vision you have for your wedding wll come to fruition. My bouquet was just as I envisioned and I now have a new favorite flower. If I ever have any future events Sarah will be the first person I call!

Sarah has a vibrant, energetic personality that clearly comes through in her creative floral arrangements. From the first phone call, I could tell that we had found the right person for our wedding flowers. We were interested in arrangements that were more natural, a little old fashioned and with lots of end-of-summer colors. Sarah understood this right away and delivered! You can see the gorgeous arrangements throughout our wedding photos. It was that extra touch that really helped make our wedding day even more memorable. Thanks Sarah!

Caitlin · Married on 06/26/2015

The flowers from Mimoza Design were absolutely beautiful. Sarah was great to work with and responded promptly to all my emails. She arrived at my wedding venue on time the day of my wedding and did an amazing job. I got so many compliments on my flowers!

Pat · Married on 05/09/2015

Mimoza Design is absolutely the best florist I have ever worked with! I presented them with a theme of "Spring Garden" and a vague outline of color and preference for flowers that had nice perfume. Sarah and Shinki were very helpful and patient throughout the process, presenting ideas and materials along the way. As the wedding approached and we had so many vendors to coordinate, I left the flowers and decor in their hands. Needless to say, all of their arrangements and bouquets took my breath away! They had worked with the venue and photographer and baker to create a perfect wedding, going above and beyond what most florists will provide. I am forever grateful to them for making my daughter's day absolutely enchanting! The best part...I paid way less than I had budgeted for!

Libby · Married on 04/25/2015

The folks at Mimoza Design are excellent! They made exquisite bouquets for our wedding, and were very friendly, flexible, and affordable. Sarah went above and beyond for making a flower hairpiece for me at the last minute.

Amber · Married on 03/07/2015

We had a consultation with Mimoza Design to do our wedding flowers and from the start, we knew they were the ones. Sara and Shinki were so much fun to meet with and they just "got it", compared to other florists we had spoken to. I have some definite likes and dislikes, flower-wise, (Callas! ) and they were great at mixing what I love with things I haven't even heard of. Fantastic. They are top-notch designers.
    Our wedding was on a Friday evening at the beautiful home of a close friend in DC, and they were so accomodating about seeing the space and coming up with such great ideas about what flowers we would need and where to put them. We were so blown away by the designs, it was SO LUSH! We could not have imagined anything better. ( My husband even commented and he doesn't ever pay much attention to that sort of thing ) So many of our friends asked for their business card, I think they may get very busy!
    To end, we would highly recommend Mimoza Design. Do yourself a favor and call these two, you will be so impressed!

I can't recommend Sarah King and Mimoza Designs highly enough. I pretty much knew from our first phone conversation that I wanted Sarah and her partner to do our wedding flowers, based on her energy, humor, myriad ideas, flexibility, etc. She was a pleasure to work with, and while some aspects of wedding planning got a little stressful, flowers never did. Sarah is down-to-earth but also very professional and confident and gets the job done. She's also generous and flexible, going above and beyond to help us keep within a specified budget (lower than her usual wedding orders), even loaning her own personal items for free when she had a good idea that would suit the 'look' of the wedding.

As for the flowers themselves, we couldn't have been happier. We had a winter wedding at the Tabard Inn, and the flowers Mimoza created for us were creative, whimsical, and unique---unlike flowers I'd seen at other weddings. In my bouquet, for example, there were fern fronds, berries, small pinecones, orchids, deep purple waxflower, etc. It was romantic and stylish at once, and suited the atmosphere of the Inn, as well as the 'vibe' of our wedding. I don't know that people/guests often think to comment much on the flowers at a wedding, but many people mentioned how wonderful ours were.

In sum, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding florist experience. Mimoza creates their designs with great care, artistry, and attention to detail, and with, I would say, a sense of joy in the process.

Bethany · Married on 11/09/2014

Sarah was wonderful to work with! She knew what I wanted which was very different from the average bridal bouquet. Their attention to detail was exceptional and my bouquet was a huge hit. They are extremely reasonbly priced while offering the highest quality of floral design. Thank you for making my floral dreams come true!

Judy · Married on 11/08/2014

My new husband and I are so relieved to have found Sarah and Shinki our area. Sarah was wonder at noting all of my crazy Pintrest ideas and turning them in to some thing spectacular. I do not know how they did it, both were so easy to work with. The colors were great, the flowers lasted all night and they coordinated so well with my bridesmaids dresses. My mother-in-law was very impressed and we decided to have Mimoza do our rehearsal dinner flowers. So Happy! Baby shower is next :)

Eszter · Married on 10/24/2014

Mimoza Design's was absolutely amazing! The bouquets and centerpieces for my wedding were gorgeous. Sarah was great to work with; she was very responsive and she went above and beyond with everything that she did. I could not have asked for a better experience and I would highly recommend her.

Avery · Married on 10/18/2014

I met with Sarah and Shinki, of Mimoza, about two months before my wedding and was so relieved that they could not only do my flowers, but were brilliant at coming up with a whole design plan, flowers, linen color, style. It was like they read my mind and made it even better.
    My bouquet was so, so perfect, and I like quirky color mixes, so I'm sure it wasn't easy.
    As a business, I would give them 100 stars.
    Creative, talented, responsive. Bravo, Mimoza Design!

Amina · Married on 09/20/2014

Mimoza did a GREAT job with our wedding flowers! They took my ideas for a very natural, wild garden wedding to heart and mixed in some last-minute paper flowers that made great bouquets for me and my bridesmaids! They even did a great hair piece for me that matched our groomsmen boutonnières. Sarah definitely put me at ease about everything before the wedding and the flowers turned out beautifully for our wedding day. Highly recommend her!

Junko · Married on 03/07/2014

My wedding ceremony was very small with just close friends. However, I wanted to have a boouque and boutonnière at least so I asked Sarah and Shinki, Mimoza Design to make those for us. We have talked about choice of flowers and almost went with the first choice but Sarah decided to change all that when she saw my dress. My dress was short Linen dress trimmed with very delicate small beads. She told me she knows exactly what she can make, and she surprised me with wonderful sweet delicate bouque I have never imagined!

I have been fascinated with their design for quite sometimes and truly love their creativity with two pairs of artistic eyes.

Responsiveness? Professionalism? You are all set once you have Sarah and Shinki ! They will satisfy you in every ways.

Judith · event on: 08/24/2014

I was fortunate enough to find Mimoza Design this past July, when I was planning my parents 60th wedding anniversary party in Washington DC. I live in Georgia, so it was doubly important to find a florist who was willing to work with me thorough just phone calls and emails. I entertain a lot, and use a florist here (in GA) that is considered to be very high-end... but these two came up with designs that were miles above my florists here! From the beginning, Sarah and Shinki were an absolute pleasure to talk to, and so easy to work with. They responded quickly to all of my questions and came up with the perfect and original floral arrangements, using flowers I never even knew existed! The results were beyond fantastic, not like the run of the mill florals you'd usually get. All of our guests, as well as my parents, were talking about the flowers all night. (Mimoza Design really made me look great!) I am beyond pleased and would recommend their services very highly. I plan on using Mimoza every time I send flowers to my friends and family in DC.

• User4779361 · event on: 02/06/2015

Had never used this vendor but came highly recommended. I was not disappointed. Flowers were beautiful.

Joseph · Married on 11/23/2014

Mimoza Design is amazing. We Loved the Flower arrangement at our fall wedding ceremony. Sarah was such a talent and provided a Lovely and Beautiful flowers. She is the Best!

Kelly McCartney · Married on 08/25/2018

Gorgeous, unique flowers

Sarah is incredibly talented. She takes obvious joy in creating gorgeous arrangements and, as a result, she made the process fun for us. After meeting with a number of florists, Sarah impressed us by sending back the most creative, detailed proposal at a very reasonable price. It felt unique and personal to us and our requests. She even grew some of the flowers for our wedding herself!

In addition to the gorgeous flowers, she was very responsive and flexible throughout the process.

If you want your wedding flowers to feel special and creative at a reasonable price, you can't go wrong with Mimoza.

Mimoza Design 8
    Mimoza Design 9
    Mimoza Design 10
    Mimoza Design 11
    Mimoza Design 12
    Mimoza Design 13
    Mimoza Design 14
    Mimoza Design 15

We used Mimoza Design for our wedding in August 2015 and Sarah was wonderful to work with, start to finish. Her style is unique and creative, if you are going for a look that is "outside the box" she is definitely your girl. Her passion for flowers and aesthetics shines through in her arrangements. I highly recommend Mimoza!

Ali · Married on 09/23/2017

Sarah was AMAZING and our flowers were gorgeous. I had a vague idea of what I wanted for our wedding and Sarah ran wild with it. She worked with our vendor which took some stress off of us and made sure everything was setup on time, incredibly fresh, and extremely beautiful. We got so many compliments on our bouquets/arrangements + I wouldn't hesitate to use Mimoza again for my next event.

Mimoza Design 16