War Memorial Center Reviews

War Memorial Center 5
War Memorial Center 6
War Memorial Center 7

Jamie · Married on 05/26/2012

We absolutly loved having our wedding (ceremony and reception) at the War Memorial. We had the ceremony outside on the patio next to the water. With the beautiful lake, park and art museum in the background we did not need a lot of decorations and our pictures turned out beautiful. We had the cocktail hour also outside on the patio closer to the building and there was plenty of space for all of our guests to enjoy cocktails and food. Our reception was indoors in Memorial Hall which turned out beautifully. The staff at the War Memorial was very responsive to our requests and were very easy to work with. The bridal room where all of the girls got ready was located in the building overlooking the ceremony site and the lake. It was wonderful to get ready and see all of the decorations being put together and to see all of the guests enter. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2018

The Milwaukee County War Memorial was a beautiful location for my reception! My guests were amazed at how beautiful is was there! Jennifer was very responsive for planning my wedding and accommodated any changes we had. There were a few things that didn't go right the day of that were a little troubling though. The placement of the tables I had were not in the right order. I had reserved seating for 3 tables and they reserved 4 so one whole table was empty because my guests were confused. The table that was empty was supposed to be where my close family sat directly to my left. The coordinater said she didn't get the floor plan seating from Jennifer so she didn't know. It did work out though, so it was all good. The PowerPoint for our slideshows were not working so my groom and one of my groomsmen went to fix it before dinner, so dinner was a bit behind due to technical difficulties. Other than those 2 things, really it was a nice venue to host my wedding at! ❤ I would highly recommend the Milwaukee War Memorial!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

In selecting our venue, once we had completed our basic walk thru with Jennifer at The War Memorial, we were sure that this was the location for us, despite having another six venues to see. The price point for the location and view is such a value compared to other lakefront venues. The key selling points for us were the location, the ability to rent out the parking lot for our guests (remarkably affordable given the location), the fact that we could use the entire venue (no risk of gifts or guests getting lost) and Jennifer. The War Memorial and Jennifer also need to be commended on their attention to detail and flexibility. Again, we had met with other venues and our estimates kept climbing because they charged for EVERY table, chair, moving of a reception, parking attendants, security, etc. ALL of this is not only included at The War Memorial, they do it with ease and no expectation of anything different. My groom said it best the next day, "Now I want to go to someone else's wedding here just to be able to enjoy this location more."

Sent on 06/05/2016
  • mz2handgrip

Sylvia · Married on 08/02/2013

The War Memorial is an excellent venue for a wedding. Amanda was a pleasure to work with and was very responsive. Such a great value for the location!

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/21/2011

The War Memorial is a beautiful venue for weddings. The view of the lake is great and there are several options for outdoors weddings, depending on weather. We had ours under the overhang because of rainy weather, which ended up looking beautiful in pictures. Amanda at the War Memorial was great in coordinating everything; she had been answering my emails for months before the wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Hannah · Married on 08/04/2017

Jennifer, Robert, and the rest of the event team and staff was so great and fun to work with! I love how they always included the caterer, making everything SO much easier! This venue is priceless and captures the heart of Milwaukee so well, I would pick it over and over again.

Sent on 08/30/2017

alia · Married on 04/04/2010

3.5

The management at the War Memorial Center were great to work with. She really was on top of the our contract--didn't have any problems at all. The management team was great to work, helpful and very professional plus the price was not bad at all. They also have some really good group of venues to choose from. Def recommend others to have their event there no matter what it is. Thank You WMC we had a wonderful wedding there despite of the weather being a little cloudy and windy.

Alia & Christopher Thomas 4/4/10

Sent on 04/13/2010

Karolynn · Married on 11/06/2011

Overall good. The venue itself I found to be affordable, however I found that a large part of the cost comes from parking costs, if you want to have the parking included for your guests.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Muriel · Married on 07/06/2014

1.0
      0.0

They are very unorganized. When going through the tour you are told that you will get x y z but they never put it in writing. Your contract doesn't specify what is included.

Sent on 07/14/2014