Milo J Ryerson Reviews

13 Reviews for Milo J Ryerson

1 User photo

Milo J Ryerson 1

Kerri · Married on 08/19/2017

Milo was just a blast to work with for our August wedding at the Skinner Barn in Waitsfield, VT. He was very easy to work with and made the contract and payment quick and painless. We met with him a few months before the big day, and he made sure that he was on the right track to making our music perfect- which was one of our top priorities for the day. Milo nailed it out of the park and I am still getting praise from guests about how great of a DJ was and that the music was on point!

Sent on 12/01/2017

elizabeth · Married on 07/22/2017

We loved our wedding with Milo! He was our favorite vendor that we worked with. He was happy to announce and MC anything that we asked him to do. He even had some good suggestions for us but also didn't try to take over the show, which we have seen D.J.'s do at other weddings. We only picked about 8 song requests which Milo played all of but we left the rest of the music up to him. He was great at picking just the right music to keep everyone dancing and we had so many people come to us to tell us how great our D.J. was. We highly recommend him to anyone in need of a D.J.

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • I

Isaiah · Married on 07/01/2017

Milo was our DJ when we got married in July 2017 at the Champlain Valley Alpaca Farm in Bridport, VT, near Middlebury.

First off, Milo was super easy to communicate with via his website and email. We created an eclectic Spotify playlist that reflected the guest list diversity: North Dakotans, Trinidadians, college friends, Marines, and everything in between. Milo incorporated all of our requests and had a knack for finding the "right time" for every song. I'll be honest, I have never seen a dance floor like the one at my wedding in the wedding barn at Champlain Valley Alpacas, and I give some of that credit to the job that Milo did.

On game-day, we had some last minute setup switches because of rain and caterer table and dance floor locations. Milo was able to move all of his equipment in a matter of minutes without skipping a beat (he even had a battery powered backup system to keep the music going while he transferred all of his full size equipment across the wedding barn). Totally prepared for contingencies which to me was a huge sign of his professionalism.

He made everything really painless - microphones for the speeches from best man and maid of honor, and music that complimented every aspect of the evening. He was very attentive to the timeline of events and honestly did everything we could possibly hope for in his role.

It was the best day of my life - can't help but smile when I think about it. Milo was completely deserving of our trust we wholeheartedly recommend him for any other couples looking for a high quality and affordable wedding DJ.

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Milo J Ryerson 2

Liza · Married on 10/01/2016

Milo was an awesome DJ! We hired him over a year ago for our wedding on 10/01/2016. From the beginning he was communicative, friendly, and super easy to work with. I provided him with a list of songs we wanted (although he would have been fine without them-- he could feel the crowd!) and he got the crowd on the floor, without having to do any coaxing. He provided just enough talking (announced us, announced each person making a speech, announced when the buses were leaving) for the wedding to go smoothly, but other than that, just focused on the music. Everyone could tell that he was a nice, accommodating guy, who truly loves what he does. I'd recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jeff · Married on 09/24/2016

Milo was the DJ at our wedding reception and he was excellent. We were looking for a competent DJ, but we didn't want anyone with huge personality. Milo was the best of both. He did a great job making announcements and keeping the events of the night moving smoothly. He was also super flexible with us, willing to do whatever we needed in a pinch. At the same time, he didn't try to make the whole event about himself. Our guests loved the music and everyone had a blast. We couldn't have asked for more. If you are looking for a DJ with a great low-key personality who can entertain your guests without lame jokes and self promotion, Milo is your man.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jeremy · Married on 08/01/2015

Milo deserves more than five stars! Milo's knowledge of music, entertainment, and weddings gave us peace of mind from the second we started our wedding planning with him. He gave us several options on how to approach entertaining a giant party. In the end, we trusted his taste and knowledge of wedding music to let him create his own playlist with little guidance from us. HE NAILED IT! A mixture of genres and classics, Milo got everyone from grandparents to shy cousins on the dance floor. Additionally, hIs professionalism pre and post wedding let us focus on other wedding facets. He has top notch equipment and understand the complicated workings of sound and light equipment. You and your guests will be talking about how fun your wedding was for the rest of your life if you use Milo as your DJ.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Gabrielle · Married on 08/01/2015

Milo DJed my daughter's wedding in Richmond Vermont on August 1st this summer. Working with Milo was a great experience, he was very professional, top notch equipment and had everyone out on the floor dancing. My daughter trusted him to pick the music during dinner, and following that, music would make people want to dance. He absolutely made that happen. Milo Ryerson comes highly recommended my husband, me and the happy couple.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Milo was a fantastic wedding DJ. He struck a nice balance between all audiences (grandparents, friends and children) with the music selection and volume. He gave us full autonomy to pick songs, do not play lists, etc. He was responsive, on time, thoughtful and super easy to work with, and as a result, I hired him to DJ another event that was equally as successful. I highly recommend him for your next event.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/23/2014

I've been to a lot of clubs and parties and this guy is the best DJ I've come across! Not only was he a lot of fun, but he took tremendous care to create a wonderful playlist for me and my husband. I'm so grateful - he did a beautiful job!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Michael · Married on 07/22/2017

Milo was by far my favorite vendor we worked with for our wedding. During preparation, he was incredibly accommodating and it felt enjoyable, not stressful, to plan our day with Milo. He assisted us in selecting requests, making sure our timing worked and that our outdoor venue would work. On the day of, Milo brought his own equipment and set it up exactly where we had asked him to. He MC'd all of our introductions and announcements we had during the wedding and interacted with guests. We had several people come up to us and say how much they enjoyed our DJ. I would highly recommend Milo to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Leah · Married on 09/16/2017

Milo was great for our wedding on 9/16/17! As other reviewers have noted, he was particularly good at mixing classics with new music, getting guests dancing without chatting too much, and rolling with our requests throughout the night. He followed our white list, was friendly and fun, and seemed to have everything under control during prep and take-down.

If we were to suggest one thing, it would be for Milo to be more upfront with his plans. There was a small miscommunication which resulted in him not playing at Cocktail Hour as planned. It wasn't a big deal and he was happy to discount the price.

Thank you Milo!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Luke · Married on 09/09/2017

We chose Milo as our DJ knowing that he was still relatively new to DJ'ing. Prior to our wedding (if my memory serves me correctly) Milo said he had only DJ'ed 8-10 weddings. My wife and I were thrilled with his service. He brought his own equipment for the wedding ceremony and handled setting up the reception on his own as well.

His equipment was all included in his cost (which was very reasonable) and he even built the reception playlist off 2-3 song requests from us (we weren't very picky). He's flexible in terms of payment and was easy to contract with. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a solid DJ with no requirements for anything super-flashy.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Phyl · Married on 08/01/2015

Milo was the DJ at my son' wedding in Aug. Besides being professional and extremely knowledgeable about his craft, he's such a nice guy. It was so nice to be able to chat during the dinner. The music was soft and appropriate. As the party progressed into the night the music was more lively and totally fun to dance to. He mixed the classics with more current music. Clearly he knew his stuff because the kids were dancing up a storm! All ages were dancing and having so much fun. The sound system was amazing. I also liked that he wasn't chatty between songs. That can get to be annoying. The music just flowed. I would highly recommend him for music at any event.

Sent on 09/23/2015