Mills Wine Group Reviews

7 | Menlo Park, CA

7 Reviews for Mills Wine Group

L · Married on 09/24/2016

I’m really glad we decided to go with Mills Wine Group for our wedding! Tom was awesome to work with. He was extremely helpful in determining the right amount of alcohol for our guests and in modifying the invoice as the changes kept rolling in (different beers, signature drinks, etc). Quick to respond to emails and calls. The Buy Back Program is a really nice one. We chose to do same-day pickup (for an additional fee) and didn’t have to bother with taking any of the leftover alcohol home with us. The refund was given just a few days after the wedding. Overall a very pleasant transaction! Highly recommend working with them for your wedding!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Janet · Married on 07/02/2016

Great great service!! Prices are very reasonable and the best part is they will buy back anything that isn't consumed or opened- which worked out in our case since we didn't consume everything. They are awesome to work with, very responsive to emails and phone calls. Tom was able to update my invoices right away to reflect any changes so we always knew where we stood cost wise.

We hired Mills Wine Groups for our wedding at Kohl Mansion on 7/2/16 and had such a great experience working with them. Tom was able to help pin point exactly how much wine, liquor, and beer we needed for our event and even buffered for the 'heavier' drinkers in the group. He was able to provide any kind of beer we wanted (we chose local craft beers) and mixers for our special cocktails.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND using them for your upcoming event!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Emily · Married on 04/30/2016

Short story:

Owner Tom Mills was a stand-out wedding vendor. He made everything about our beverages/bar experience easy, affordable, and awesome. Above and beyond service, excellent pricing, and impeccable execution. Hope to work with Tom again and have already recommended him to friends.

Long story:

From initial contact (via form on his website), Tom was super responsive, detailed, and informative. We had estimates (which were easy to understand and informative) super fast - like same day. We also met for a wine tasting at the tasting room on Union in SF. The tasting blew us away— tons of wines to try, all in our price range and flavor profile and even a delicious cheese and cracker plate. We felt at home and really catered to. And it was actually a fun part of wedding planning, as it should be!

From there, Tom truly went above and beyond to help us out. When we couldn’t locate a new Elderflower infused tonic water he’d recommended anywhere in SF stores, he drove to my office and dropped a bottle off for us to try. He helped us figure out all sorts of things with our menu. We even ended up booking him for our welcome party the day before.

It’s truly a no-brainer. They price match, buyback unused quantities, are professional and on time, and super personable to boot.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2015

I was planning a destination wedding from Chicago and was really nervous about alcohol. Our venue (Brazilian Room in Berkeley) only allowed beer, wine, and champagne.

I was recommended to check out Mills and I am so happy I did. I was nervous planning and through their prices sounded too good to be true but I had to trust Yelp reviews with pretty much everything in my wedding.

Thomas worked with me on quantities, calmed my nerves about running out of alcohol (they're really good at making sure there is enough). He answered emails promptly (sometimes within minutes) and made sure to cover all the details.

We did their per person package (I think it was roughly $12 a person) and I just kept thinking it was too cheap and everything would suck.

We ordered extra cases of champagne and wine through them and when the reception came everything was perfect! They had great beer brands (we went with LaGunitas, Sierra Nevada and Stella) and the wine was great as well!

I wish I didn't worry so much about everything knowing now how great the company is.

They delivered the alcohol on time and picked everything up at the end of the night-and we didn't even run out or come close (even though our group is filled with drinkers).

I HIGHLY recommend Mills for any alcohol services you need.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Erica · Married on 08/30/2015

Mills Wine Group supplied the soft drinks and alcohol for our wedding wedding in August 2015 at The Holly Farm in Carmel, CA, and we couldn't have been happier! Most of the coordination went through our wedding planner, Michelle Lee at Simply Events, but we personally met Tom when he came to our house for the initial wine tasting (wow!). I was impressed with the research Tom conducted beforehand, especially on kosher wine options for our reception. We didn't have a ton of alcohol left over, but they do buy back unused bottles (huge savings). THANK YOU, Tom!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

We had our wedding on August 30, 2014, and the Mills Wine Group was a pleasure to work with! I got the recommendation from my friend, who raved about them, and she was right to! We worked with Tom who is friendly, professional, reliable, and really knows his trade!

We did a wine tasting with him beforehand where he brought over a selection of whites, reds, and sparkling, based off a thoughtful questionnaire he'd sent over on our budget and palette. Not only did we have a great time with the tasting, but we were able to craft our wine menu and get recommendations on excellent beers and alcohol for our signature cocktail (a Dark and Stormy).

For the actual day, Tom delivered the drinks to the venue, and afterwards, offered to pick up and buy back the wine and beer from us.

The wine recommendations were spot-on, the service was excellent, and Tom was very personable to work with! Can't recommend the Mills Wine Group enough!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Haley · Married on 08/11/2012

The Mills Wine Group provided the wine and champagne for our wedding in the backyard of my childhood home, and we couldn't have been happier! Working with Tom Mills was a treat. He was incredibly accommodating, creating a complimentary tasting at our home of 10 different red, white, and sparkling options to suit our unique menu, palate preferences, summer outdoor environment, guest tastes, and price point. The Mills Wine Group also buys back any unopened bottles at cost, so it's easy to purchase extra for your event to ensure no one goes thirsty, without ending up with dozens of unused bottles (the day after our wedding Tom coordinated the purchase and pick-up of our leftovers). Not to mention free delivery and fantastic industry prices on alcohol. The Mills Wine Group is a true gem that was a pleasure to work with and made an important aspect of our wedding turn out flawless!

Sent on 10/16/2012