MILL CREST VINTAGE Reviews

44 | Newtown, CT

44 Reviews for MILL CREST VINTAGE

Carla · Married on 10/10/2009

I walked into Millcrest just because it was...there. It was a beautiful summer afternoon and my fiance and I had just walked across the bridge from New Hope. The dress I'd ordered online was frighteningly late, and with my wedding two months away, I was getting more than a tad nervous. "Let's just browse," I said to Ken. Within 10 minutes, I had on a dress that was great; but Paula said, "Make an appointment and we'll pick out something truly spectacular for you." When I came in a few days later, Paula and Company had picked out about six gowns, which they thought met my "wish list." When I looked at the 1960s gold silk-thread with ruching, Paula said, "Try this on first or last." She knew. The attention I received during my fittings (which included altering the straps to halter and recasting the ruching) and accessory selection (I found the perfect pair of tapestry shoes there as well) made me feel like a princess. Everyone I met along the way from Paula to her sales staff to the tailor was fabulous. But please know that working with Paula is just plain fun!

Sent on 04/07/2010

Paula was GREAT to work with. She has an amazing collection of vintage gowns from the turn of the century on. She was quick to reply to my email to make an appointment, then gave me 100% undivided attention. I have not had a fitting yet, but am excited to continue to work with Paula & her seamstress to make the dress exactly what I want.

Sent on 02/16/2013

Devon · Married on 06/22/2013

The collection at Mill Crest Vintage is fabulous and extensive - perfect for the bride looking for something uniquely her. Paula was incredibly responsive when I emailed her to make an appointment, and very accommodating when I needed to reschedule last-minute. I wasn't terribly specific with her when I described what I would interested in seeing, but somehow she managed to pull dress after dress that I absolutely loved during my appointment.

The appointment itself was casual and I got to spend ample time with each dress I tried on. Paula was great with the feedback I gave her in feeling out exactly what I was looking for. In the end, I felt a little bit pressured to purchase my dress on the spot, but the nature of vintage is that each dress truly is one-of-a-kind, so ultimately if I hadn't, I may have lost it. I ended up paying a little more than I was hoping to initially, but I know the dress is perfectly me and it makes me smile every time I think about it.

Sent on 12/20/2012

This review is for mill crest vinatge shop in lambertville new jersey. I found this shop after searching on line for a vintage wedding dress boutique near new york. I spoke with paula on the phone and she was very accomodating and set me up fairly quickly for an appointment. They do only do bridal appointments on monday and tuesdays which is a little difficult with work schedules-however, you get personalized attention for the entire appointment (infact the front portion of the store is closed to the public) you never feel rushed and they work with you for several hours (if need be). for my personal experience, when i spoke with paula on the phone she asked me what time period i was intersted in- for me i said 1950's and i wanted a tea length dress with lace. i also made an appointment for my mom. when you enter the store it is filled with beautiful clothes bags shoes and hats....it truly is like stepping back in time. the back room is specifically for bridal appointments. i was very nervous that first appointment but everyone is so helpful and attentive. I felt calm and relaxed within a few minutes and the best part was i tried on only two dresses-the second became my wedding dress. my mom also found her dress. The seamstress, susan does wonderful work at a reasonable cost. Paula does have a strong personality but if you let her-she can guide you to the perfect style dress for your body type. I ended up with a 1950's cream lace wedding dress and matching bolero jacket a leather dress bag and a birdcage head piece to complete the outfit. my mom found her dress which was a 1960's lace coat dress and a gorgeous lace hat to match. The items are pricey but the whole experience is worth it :) if you are seriously considering a vintage wedding dress i highly recommend this shop. my mom and i look forward to many more visits to the shop in the future. we looked great for my vintage themed wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Sally · Married on 11/26/2011

I LOVE that I found my dress at this beautiful vintage store! With Paula's help I was able to find the perfect, I mean PERFECT authentic vintage lace 50's dress for my wedding! It was truly stunning and one of a kind!. It could not have been possible without the magical hands of the such an amazing seamstress named Lauren Victoria who works with Paula. She reworked the entire back of the dress to create the vision I wanted and made it to fit me perfectly! I have to tell you working with Millcrest Vintage was a delightful experience. I would definitely recommend this gem to all of my friends and Bridal clients! Thank you for making my day even more of a dream come true! Keep up the great work!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Darg · Married on 07/30/2011

Amazing selection, found my dress in 5 minutes!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Virginia · Married on 03/10/2010

After a bit of searching, we found the right dress for the right price.I also appreciated that the store was so well kept and orderly. Sometimes bridal stores can feel a little cramped! Also, all the display dresses were in great shape.

Sent on 05/06/2010

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

I live in Texas and was going to be in the area visiting family and pick this place since they carry vintage. I knew I wanted a vintage dress. I am very happy picking this vendor. They are vintage dress shop with a Bridal Section. The dresses were in great condition. They knew what dress to pull for my body type. I really enjoyed the whole experience. I hate cloths shopping. They found my prefect dress I could not be happier. I also purchased my petticoat and headpiece. If you are not considering vintage... think again and make an appointment with MillCrest. The dresses are great quality and better made then some of the "new" dresses I have seen.

Sent on 07/17/2015

I purchased a 1907 cotton wedding dress in pristine condition and I highly recommend this shop for top quality vintage and antique wedding gowns. Any bride in the area that is looking for something more than the cliche modern wedding gown should definitely stop into Mill Crest Vintage. They have WAY more in stock than they do on the website and every dress I saw was absolutely beautiful. Modern wedding gowns just do not compare to the quality of the antique/vintage gowns that I tried on at this shop.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Mary · Married on 08/08/2015

Erica was AMAZING. She made our wedding gown shopping a real delight, and shared some of her *very* awesome wedding dress style knowledge. We felt right at home.

Sent on 02/03/2015

So excited I found a beautiful, one-of-a-kind wedding dress! Paula was very knowledgeable and has a great eye. This store is a GEM.

Sent on 12/19/2012

Geneva · Married on 04/03/2009

Excellent service!!!!Very professional and great sales !They have beautiful dresses there... After going to several places, I found my dress there, and it was not hard to fall in love with it... Really nice place to pick your dress and very friendly people...

Sent on 04/28/2010

3.0

Amazingly beautiful collection of vintage wedding dresses from all eras...Paula, the owner, has a beautiful artistic vision that she helps you realize. Prices are very high for vintage but it is amazing quality.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Gail · Married on 11/12/2011

I was very happy with my shopping experience with Mill Crest Vintage when finding that special occasion wedding dress. The owners truly know their broad and unique collection extremely well, which helped narrow down the style, color and fit for my final selection. They truly wanted to make the bride to be happy - and I certainly left with a smile on my face! The dress was a wonderful fit that needed minimum alterations. What I loved about my vintage dress was that I could easily bend, kneel and move throughout the day. Mill Crest Vintage listened carefully and they certainly delivered beyond my expectations! I am truly grateful to have found this gem in Lambertville, New Jersey!!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Dorothy · Married on 08/28/2010

3.0

Paula at Mill Crest knows what looks good -- on YOU. I never had a mother who really helped out in the "learning to be a woman" department, so when I walked in to Mill Crest I was really looking for a kind and intelligent Auntie type to help me find what was appropriate for me. What's more, I married for the first time at 50, so my dress needed to be something graceful, good for my figure and appropriate for our location wedding on an antique steam train. Paula hooked me up: With the dress (a 50s Robert Angelo), the shoes (gorgeous dusty rose silk pumps with a French heel) and a fabulous 50s picture frame hat (also in dusty rose) to complement the whole ensemble.

Paula's vintage is great quality, clean and fabulous. She also brought in a talented seamstress who adjusted the dress for me at a very low price.

Great selection, great advice and caring service make Mill Crest a great place for any special event attire for women.

Sent on 10/20/2011

Erin · Married on 07/03/2019

3.5

I had the most amazing experience at Mill Crest. Paula was so helpful and picked inspired looks for me. She was able to pinpoint what I wanted very quickly and found me unique dresses that I loved. I didn't want to day to end! She has an amazing inventory. Brides who love vintage fashion and even those not accustomed to vintage shopping will love Mill Crest!

Sent on 01/04/2016

4.2
      3.5

The selection and quality of dresses at Mill Crest vintage is outstanding. After months of looking for a dress, I found the dress of my dreams. The dress was from the 1940s and was in perfect condition. I highly recommend Mill Crest vintage if you are serious about buying vintage dress. The person was very insistent that we purchase a dress so I wouldn't go there if you are in the early phases of your search.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

3.5

I got my wedding dress from Mill Crest Vintage and really love it. I had seen the dress online before we went in and I tried it on but when my dad purchased the dress it came to $800 when online it was selling for $500. After some back and forth between the seller, she refunded the overcharge explaining that the mistake was with the website not in what she charged us and that $800 was what it was worth. Whatever the issue, we were satisfied with the outcome. The seller was attentive and respinded to my concerns quickly. I love my unique 1950s dress and it was a big hit at our wedding. I'd just double check the price online and in store before you desiderate on a dress to save yourself the hastle. Overall and aside from the pricing issue, it was a good experience and I'd recommend the shop as they've got a lovely selection of vintage dresses (as with most vintage, the dresses are extremity friendly to petite brides).

Sent on 07/14/2017

3.6
      2.5

Looking for a dress was fun...thanks

Sent on 03/25/2013