Milestones DJ Reviews

71 | Auburn, CA

71 Reviews for Milestones DJ

1 User photo

Michele · Married on 04/30/2016

I am so glad that I chose Rick to DJ my son's wedding a few weeks ago. With so many details that go into planning the Big Day, we never for a moment had to worry about the music! From the very first meeting, Rick was so helpful, professionally guiding us all the way. Rick is a DJ Extraordinaire, with a vast musical library, great sound equipment, and experience to match! At the reception, he had an uncanny ability to "read the room," playing just the right mix of music to keep the dance floor grooving all night long. And Rick was about so much more than just the music.... He so impeccably timed all of the announcements ( the toasts, special dances, throwing of the bouquet, cake-cutting, etc.), that the whole reception just flowed seamlessly. And all of the above, he accomplished with a sense of warmth, charm and humor. Needless to say, I would hire Rick to DJ my next event in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Corina · Married on 08/22/2015

Rick is an amazing DJ. He made our event run smoothly. He has a great personality and knows how to engage the guests in the wedding.

I would highly recommend having a DJ, and second, book him if he's available. You will be really happy with how organized he has and the fun he brings to your event.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/18/2015

Milestones DJ went above and behind our expectations. Rick was very professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We were able to contact him day or night with anything we needed. He helped make our special day seamless and so enjoyable. He kept things on schedule and played all the right songs (that were a majority of his choice) to keep us dancing the night away. He did have the songs available that we requested with no problem at all including an instrumental version. Prior to getting married we hadn't put much thought into how important having this service would be. I'm sure I speak for many couples when I say we highly recommend Milestones DJ for any event. Thanks for helping to make our special day magical. All of our guests loved the music you selected!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Nick · Married on 06/20/2015

After hiring Rick to DJ our wedding, we were really impressed. Rick knows how a wedding should flow in general, and adapts easily to what you tell him you want. On the day of the wedding, he handled communication with the other vendors in order to make sure things were running on time, and adapt the schedule when we weren't on time (we had some adaptations around food, and it was mostly invisible since Rick kept things flowing). Rick was super responsive before the event, and friendly and helpful. When he asked us about some important preferences (such as which songs to play during which parts of the ceremony) and we weren't totally sure, he asked us a few questions then provided multiple rounds of suggestions until we found something we liked. The last thing I want to mention is that while I wouldn't say Rick was cheap, he was affordable, and the other DJs we talked with who were of his caliber were far more expensive. He was worth the reasonable money we spent and I'd recommend him to others and contact him first if I should need a DJ for a future event.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Robb · Married on 06/06/2015

Rick was awesome! The music was on point, I loved every song! Definitely would hire Milestone for my next event!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Jillian · Married on 05/24/2015

Loved working with Rick! He was super professional and really fun to work with. You start the process when he sends you a link to his system. You create an account and from there you can customize every aspect of your wedding. I liked that you could do a "Must Play List" and a "Do Not Playlist." You can also make payments online which was super helpful since most vendors only take cash or check. Our wedding went to smooth and he was really helpful at keeping us on track. Definitely made our wedding fun and special.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Cathy · Married on 11/23/2014

Milestone DJ allowed us to enjoy our wedding and reception by taking care of all of our audio needs. Rick is very professional and easy to work with. He made us and our guests feel at ease and confident that everything would go off without a hitch... and it did!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/16/2014

So awesome!!!! He did such a great job and so friendly and fun! Everyone loved the music and they all danced all night! It was so easy to tell him what songs and type of music to play. It was a wonderful wedding experience for me as the bride. Would recommend to everyone!

- Amanda Call :)

Sent on 12/21/2014

Bud · Married on 11/01/2014

From the first conversation about what was wanted/needed/expected to the execution of the event Milestone DJ was the best of the best in my book. On the day of the event Rick's experience came through with a flawless performance. He executed exactly what the bride, my daughter, wanted. When things started to slow down he picked them up. He worked with the caterer and photographer hand in hand to create seamless transitions from one phase of the event to the next. At the end of the evening I asked my daughter if this was the wedding she had envisioned. Her reply was "It was perfect". That is all I could hope and ask for. Rick had a huge hand in that "perfection". I would highly recommend Milestone DJ for your event.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Brigette · Married on 10/04/2014

Rick was outstanding!! He was easy going, had great ideas, and played the best music (with little direction from me). My favorite part oft wedding was the dancing, thanks to Rick!

Giordan · Married on 09/27/2014

Rick was nothing but helpful through the whole wedding planning process. He came through finding my un-findable song for me which was an awesome surprise and had everyone on the dance floor all night. Really enjoyed working with Rick and would happily recommend him to a friend.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Sara · Married on 09/20/2014

Milestone DJ was great! I had a unique wedding where music was very important. My tables we're organized by band names instead of table numbers, a song by each table's band was played as they went to get food. Rick, our DJ pulled this off perfectly. He also helped the entire night run smoothly by playing the MC role. We greatly appreciate his services and would recommend Milestone DJ to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/06/2014

One could not ask for more from any DJ than Rick from Milestones DJ Entertainment did for us. He was absolutely professional in every way - the prep beforehand, the wedding ceremony, and on to perfect background and dance music duing the reception. When I need a DJ the next time - the decision will be extremely simple - Milestones DJ Entertainment. They are superb!

Kimberly · Married on 07/12/2014

Rick was our DJ and he was awesome! He called a few days before the wedding to go over everything to make sure we were on the same page. On the day of the wedding the songs were all played on time and were all the right songs. He got the guests on the floor dancing without doing anything cheesy and keeping the groom and I the main focus. The groom and I let him pick the songs for while we were eating and for the dancing (after all the "special dances") and I am so glad we did.
    After the wedding I had so many friends say they wanted to have the wedding again, with of course the same DJ! He was a hit, even after my husband and I left for the evening!!
    Thank you for making our event as fun as it was!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Rick did an outstanding job at our wedding. He played a great mix of music and made sure everything ran smoothly. You could tell you were working with a professional and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I would definitely recommend Milestones to any bride!

Sent on 07/07/2014

If you want a specific song played at the precise moment you walk down the aisle then Milestones DJ Entertainment is the best choice. Ditto as you walk back down the aisle as husband and wife.
    If you want to get your guests up and out on the dance floor then Milestones DJ Entertainment is the best choice. They have it going!
    Thank you for helping to make our day special.
    Jim & Martha Roach

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2014

You were great! I am so pleased and happy how everything turned out! I could t ask for abetter wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2014

Not only was he my DJ, he was also my timeline for the wedding. He was a great DJ and you will not be sorry if you hire him.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Heather · Married on 06/07/2014

We couldnt have been happier with Milestones DJ. He kept everyone dancing, all the ceremony songs were exactly as we requested, he coordinated the speeches well, and a few major announcements were very polished and professional.
    He was on time and we eneded up partying for 2+ hours longer than expected, which was great!! We were so happy everyone was having so much fun and really enjoying the music.

Thanks guys!! Excellent job.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Elisha · Married on 04/24/2014

Rick was amazing!! I could not have asked for a better DJ. He played all requested songs right away and made everyone happy! He even downloaded songs on the spot for us!! He was the best!

Sent on 04/30/2014

I hired Rick from this DJ services for my wedding this April, and I would have to say I have never been more impressed with a wedding DJ before. He chose the perfect music all night based off guest requests and what people liked/did not like. He had awesome photo op songs with all the guests, and knew how to get everyone dancing! He helped with coordination between all the vendors and event staff, and helped us stay on schedule! By far he was the best choice, and his price was hundreds below anyone else we found! Instantly made me feel at ease, and was there anytime to answer and questions or answer general wedding questions. Would recommend his services to any bride, or anyone who needs a DJ for an event! Thank you for all the great work!

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • Dev

Dev · Married on 10/20/2013

I hired Rick to DJ my wedding in October 2013. I recommend his services to any brides looking for quality. My wedding was Gatsby themed, which takes place in the 1920's. It was difficult to find a DJ who was able to play music from that era. Rick worked with me to match exactly what I wanted. His music selection is outstanding.

Rick let me choose the main songs, such as the first dance, ceremony, etc. He built a playlist for me around the songs I chose, which were newer current songs and blending the 1920's era into it as well. The end result was magical. He kept the pace flowing smoothly at the reception. He is full of great ideas if you ask. I had some trouble choosing the father daughter dance but the minute I told him that, he was writing a list of songs I may like. How great is that?! So, ladies, he is fantastic and very easy to work with. He is personable and professional. Hire him.

Thank you again, Rick!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2013

Thanks so much to Milestones for making my daughter and our new son-in-law's wedding a truly wonderful night to remember. Everyone thought the DJ was great. There was so much dancing and partying going on. The DJ and setup kind of just blended into the background but the music and the way things were done throughout the night went smoothly, unobtrusively, professionally and made everyone's night a fun night that won't soon be forgotten.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Laura · Married on 08/11/2013

Fantastic night! Thanks so much for all you did and how wonderful and seamless you made it!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Rick was very professional. He was fast to respond to emails and calls. Rick really listened to what we wanted and gave us exactly the music we wanted! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 11/10/2013