Mile High Music Patrol Reviews

Mile High Music Patrol 1
Mile High Music Patrol 2
Mile High Music Patrol 3
Mile High Music Patrol 4

I cannot say enough good things about Michael! My mom helped me with a lot of my wedding planning, since I live out of state. She met him at a wedding show and was really impressed by him in person. She raved to me on the phone about how he works for a radio station and has a great 'radio/DJ' voice. He does! After my first phone call with him, I knew that he would be terrific! I had looked up about 20 questions to ask your DJ and he answered all of them patiently and thoroughly. The week of my wedding, we touched base to make sure that we had the same vision for the music, and I mentioned that we might want to add an extra hour to the reception. He was really flexible and told me that it would not be a problem and to keep him posted. When I confirmed the day before, he shared with me how excited he was to make our day perfect and he did!

I love to dance and it was really important to me that our guests have a great time. At our wedding, everyone danced until the end of the reception and had so much fun! Michael was also really in tune with our guests and kept the party going until the end of the night. I have been to a few weddings over the past year that did not have a lot of dancing because the music was not very easy to dance to and people had given up. I told Michael that I was worried about this and made up a play list of songs that I thought would get our guests on the dance floor. He did a wonderful job of combining some of my requested songs with ones that he knows work at weddings. He is really experienced, and I did not need to worry at all.

Michael helped make our wedding perfect, stayed focused on our experience the whole planning process and reception, and my family and guests all had a fantastic time. I would highly recommend Michael for anyone looking for a DJ for her wedding!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Leah · Married on 05/02/2015

Michael Collins was great. He played everything we asked of him. He kept the wedding and reception going. People were always on the dance floor. He worked well with the wedding coordinator. We would recommend him 100% to anyone needed a DJ for their special event.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Leah · Married on 05/02/2015

Sent on 05/21/2015

Michael was excellent for our wedding. He played everything we wanted and made a great mix of songs throughout the night.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Ellen · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband and I appreciated absolutely EVERYTHING about the service we received. We booked with Mile High Music Patrol right away after meeting Michael at a bridal show, then after doing so, were were pretty last-minute with our planning. Considering we gave him most of the details 2-days before our wedding along with expanding our contracted time to earlier arrival and later departure than we originally agreed on, every last detail with our DJ went smoothly! Our ceremony was out in the middle of nowhere in the mtns, so having services for microphones and music was a MUST. Our wedding day was pure chaos and Michael was extremely punctual, independent, and professional. We had so many compliments from our guests regarding him playing ALL the requests. THANK YOU Mile High Music Patrol. =)

Sent on 09/18/2014

Lance · Married on 08/16/2014

very nice professional DJ we used for our ceremony last month. Met with him once to lay ground rules, sent a list of requested songs and brought a CD with the actual ceremony the day of the event. He accomodated all of our requests, was timely and personable, We received several compliments from our guests on the quality and professionalism of the DJ so were quite pleased with MHMP as our selection.

Sent on 09/21/2014

jena · Married on 08/17/2013

When my husband and I met Michael we knew Mile High Music Patrol was the vendor for us! We are a couple that LOVES music. It was one of the most important elements to our wedding. When we met Michael he had a laid back vibe that really spoke to us. But the main thing that won us over was that he was Professional and he knew music. We were confident that Mile High Music Patrol was the company to rely on, A DJ that knew his business, someone that we didn't have to direct for the evening.
    Michael has been in the industry for a long time, he has done countless weddings. He NEVER made us feel as though we were just another wedding. He asked us multiple questions to get to know us as a couple, He truly wanted to make sure our wedding was customized and perfect for us!
    Mile High Music Patrol was flexible with our schedules for meetings and
    Michael was AMAZING day of. We had two separate locations for the ceremony and reception.... he was at both seamlesly! Last minute our ceremony site told us we couldn't use any thing but accoustic music (mind you this was last minute and we had planned on using Michaels DJ's services) Michael saved the day by offering the idea of playing his music softly through a keyboard!(Now as a bride with plans this really won me over!) The best thing was that all of our guests commented on him, "who was your DJ, he was great!"

All in all, There are few vendors I rave about at my wedding, Michael was and is one of them! I would and continue to suggest Mile High Music Patrol to all of the Brides that come my way!

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • Dale

Dale N Melissa Kuberski · Married on 07/13/2013

Outstanding

Michael was amazing. We booked him from North Dakota and he made it so easy to get everything taken care of and the music was so fun. It rained our whole wedding which was outside and he never stopped or complained and just kept going while playing "purple rain" lol. He was so professional and very personable and I would reccomend him for anyone getting married!!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • BDunham

Beth · Married on 05/23/2009

I found this DJ at the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show and he owns his own company and has the best personality. Mike did a great job DJ'ing our wedding from the 1st to last dance. We asked him last-minute to stay late and he did. He had everyone out on the dance floor, accepted all song requests and had a variety of music. Very good pick!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Colleen · Married on 09/09/2018

Jake did a fantastic job DJing our wedding. He is so personable and "go with the flow" plus he was invaluable to the whole timing and planning process in order to ensure everyone knew where to go and what to do during the big day. Definitely a 10/10.

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 07/21/2018

I worked with Michael and Jake for my wedding in July 2018 at Meadow Creek Lodge. They were both amazing! My initial meeting with Michael was great, he is very easy going and made our decision easy. We met once before the wedding to go over things with both Michael and Jake. They were very on top of things and organized. Our wedding day was amazing. Jake did an incredible job and everything ran very smoothly. He kept people dancing and was a great MC. I would highly recommend this company! -Aly

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • W

W · Married on 06/09/2018

DJ Travis and the Mile High Music patrol did a wonderful job providing audio support for our wedding ceremony and DJ services for our wedding. DJ Travis' experience and personality were just the thing Tom get our guests out and dancing! Great work!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Jeanne · Married on 09/15/2017

The wedding was so fun and everyone was dancing because of the music choices. Michael Collins from Mile High Music Patrol was so helpful with finding the songs we wanted and keeping the wedding flowing. We have used them twice now and have been very happy with the service and pricing.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/09/2015

DJ selection was left to my husband he did a great job by retaining Mile High Music Patrol at a wedding expo we attended. Ultimatel,y we were looking for someone that would help ensure the dance floor was always the place to be. Michael did just that! From the initial consult before our wedding, right through the clean up, he was the consumate professional. If there were any hiccups, they were not obvious to me. Thank you Michael!

Sent on 06/05/2015

3.6
      2.5
      3.5
      3.0

Responsiveness was great via phone. Every time we called to ask questions or discuss our day, he answered right away or called back the same day. He also seemed very professional which is one of the reasons why we originally booked him. My biggest hesitation with MHMP is that I gave MHMP a full schedule of the reception, which included what song I wanted to be played for special moments (e.g. cake cutting, garter toss, last song of the night, etc.). It was clear he did not read this at all, and he didn't even have it out and accessible during the evening to reference, which is extremely unprofessional. During my bouquet toss he decided to play "Single Ladies" which I do not like, when I had requested "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on our schedule. I let it slide and didn't say anything, because it's not something you can change right then, but when the end of the night came, he started to play a slow and terrible "last song" and I had to go ask him "is this the last song? because this isn't what I requested." His response was "Oh I'm sorry (meaningfully)! What did you request?" and I said "It's on my schedule" - then he went digging through all of his papers and eventually found my schedule. I also asked him to play "elevator/cocktail" music after the reception ended (but still before the end of our contracted time), so that people could leave without feeling like the room was empty and quiet, and instead he just popped up and packed up and left without playing cocktail music (even though I paid for that time). During our prep meetings I had asked Michael (the DJ) not to speak much during the reception and I got the feeling that he wasn't happy with this request. Perhaps this translated into his lack of attention during the night. In general, Michael is a really nice guy and he played decent music, but I expected smoother music transitions and for him to execute my few major requests.

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • U

Uri · Married on 07/24/2017

3.4
      3.0

He was nice and very easy to work with. He helped me prepare a surprise song for my Bride!

Sent on 08/01/2017