Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel Reviews

14 | Bella Vista, AR

14 Reviews for Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful Scenery

Very friendly people, I can't wait to experience my wedding here. Beautiful scenery.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing place to be married!

What a gorgeous location to begin your marriage!
    This iconic chapel is so unique and special. I knew from the moment I saw this place that I wanted to get married there, and our wedding day was everything I could have imagined!
    Designed by Fay Jones, the glass chapel gives you the feeling of being completely immersed in the surrounding environment.
    The chapel itself can accommodate 120 people, and there is a small office on site with a restroom for your guests and a waiting space for the bride. It is set on a hill, but has accessible pathways. It is not an easy-access place to be married, but worth it in my opinion.
    Amazing space, amazing atmosphere, more than I could have ever imagined. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get married in NWA!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Stormy · Married on 05/02/2015

The women were very sweet when I needed to book this space and when the date I wanted was taken, they made sure that I got a date that was good for us. I love the chapel, it is gorgeous!!!!

Sent on 02/20/2015

The ladies at Mildred B Cooper Chapel were fantastic!! I was so excited that I found this location. It wasn't very expensive, and the Chapel is just gorgeous!! The sun shining through the glass walls and the lakeview was just breathtaking. I loved this location!!

Sent on 02/06/2015
  • Meghan

Meghan F. · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful Venue

Cooper Chapel was perfect and everything we envisioned for our ceremony. Most of our guests traveled in from out of state and it made such an impression. Cindy (Exec Director) and Anne (DOC), were friendly, and helpful. There are some rules involved with the space but they were clearly discussed with us and everything ran smoothly on the day of! Can't wait to get our pictures back and to see how beautiful it all looked!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel's reply:

Thank you, Meghan, for your review! We love hearing about smooth and effortless wedding days! It was a joy to work with you as you created the perfect backdrop for the forever memories you made with each other and those you love most! We also can't wait to see your wedding photos and look forward to sharing them on our Facebook page.

We absolutely loved the chapel and the wedding went wonderfully. It sucks that you have such a short amount of time available to you, but it's understandable considering how popular the space is.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/25/2013

This chapel is gorgeous. The attendant was helpful. We live in Texas but got married in Bella Vista for two reasons. 1. My family lives there and 2. The chapel. It's breathtaking and makes for amazing pictures. They do have some restrictions like no real flower petals, no aisle runner and no bubbles. But hey, they want to preserve it.

Sent on 06/17/2013

3.5

Beautiful chapel! They have very strict rules, but if you are willing to follow them, they are wonderful to work with. Very sweet ladies. I can't imagine being married in any other place.

Sent on 05/05/2015

V. · Married on 09/08/2007

3.0

Loved having my wedding at this beautiful chapel. They do need to have better restroom facilties, along with dressing rooms. The coordinators were very well organized and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/26/2008
  • Taylon

Taylon · Married on 08/27/2011

3.6
      0.5

Beautiful chapel. There however isn't a place in Bellavista for a reception that is in most brides price range. The chapel director is a nazi you have one hour and only one hour so it's hard to get pictures taken. Perfect atmosphere for an intimate wedding.

Sent on 09/15/2011
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 05/29/2016

3.6
      3.5

This is the most beautiful chapel I've ever seen . Because of that they can demand that their rules are followed and offer less flexibility. As long as you have a coordinator Or feel free asserting what you want, you will be fine. Accent tables are not attractive so bring your own. The sound system can be managed remotely by buying a wireless bloothtooth speaker adapter, which we found by accident. Therefore we didn't have to have someone sit at the front of the chapel on the altar. Lovely place to marry .

Sent on 06/12/2016

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

The chapel is beautiful. I specifically chose the chapel because of its beauty. It is wonderful in any season. The chapel coordinator was a bit pushy but overall sufficient. She tried to override my officiant on a few aspects of our ceremony. Do expect to have to keep to your appointed time slot. I would recommend adding the optional extra half hour in order to have plenty of time for photos. The restroom facilities are difficult to reach for an members who may be handicapped.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2007

2.8
      2.0
      1.0

The chapel is absolutely beautiful!!! The major problem that I had with this place was that you will be constantly rushed!!! You have very little time to take photographs and get ready.

Sent on 03/25/2008

Rae · Married on 09/27/2016

1.4
      1.5
      1.5

Everything was great until the day of the wedding. They had a woman there working & she thought she was the wedding planner. She was in everything & asked me sooo many questions while I was trying to get ready, that I literally couldn't get ready. She drove me insane. And then she was in at least 50% of the pictures, in the background. We paid for 2 hours of chapel use... not a wanna be wedding planner. Then the lady showed up who usually works the chapel office & she was incredibly hateful & rude. Not only to us but, my guests. Maybe look at Thorncrown instead. And they haven't returned my deposit

Sent on 10/16/2016