miLA Bridal Reviews

24 | Richmond, VA

24 Reviews for miLA Bridal

Shelby Jackson · Getting married on 11/08/2020

Amazing place, great staff!

MiLa Bridal is an amazing place. They specialize in custom dresses and they also have a wonderful plus size selection. Not to mention great prices and they work with you on that too. They take great care of their brides and make sure they are happy with everything they chose. You also get a free veil with purchase of a dress.

Sent on 04/24/2019

miLA Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Shelby! We loved having you and look forward to seeing the pictures of your big day!
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 08/17/2019

Love MiLA Bridal

This was such a great experience, shopping for a dress can be super stressful, especially if you don't feel you're at your best physically and mentally. The specialists were so calm, cool and collect making sure I looked and felt my best the day of the wedding. I am tall too, so they made sure that the length of my dress was correct as I walked down the aisle. They also were patient with me and my Mom as we learned how to bustle a dress too! The shop is beautiful and I highly recommend them for bridal dress shopping and the MOB dress.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2019

Needs more than 5 stars!

miLA Bridal is the BEST!!! I went to Tiffany's Bridal, Davids Bridal, Annalise Bridal, AND Bridal Elegance and miLA bridal was BY FAR the absolute best. To start- the atmosphere is very relaxing and I felt as if they weren't trying to make a sale..they were trying to help me find my dream dress. I explained what I envisioned and they pulled about 8 dresses which were all amazing. WAY MORE UNIQUE than the other stores and the quality of the dresses is wonderful for the price. They keep all their dresses in bags to keep them in pristine condition for you to try on. Other places throw their dresses around and by time you try it on they look very worn. I am now in the process of alterations and they are so accommodating with my busy work schedule. Jenna and Kai are both super friendly every time I go in and they truly care about each and every client. When I went in for one of my fittings my friend who was recently married was in awe when she saw my dress and was upset she never went to miLA bridal. You NEED to go!

Sent on 01/23/2019

miLA Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much this is such high praise! You were wonderful to work with. Don't forget to send us pictures from your big day!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Gowns

miLa Bridal was so amazing! I was on a tight budget for my dress and the owner helped with find a sample dress that fit me almost perfectly. It was like the dress was made for me. I really appreciated how accommodating they were and that the owners are the designers of the gowns. They didn't pressure me to make a decision or spend more than what I wanted.

Sent on 10/22/2018

miLA Bridal's reply:

Thank you for the five stars! We are so happy you found your perfect dress. You're right it looked like it was made just for you!

Ayers · Married on 09/15/2018

Fantastic!

Beautiful dress and great service! They make everything simple and stress free and have beautiful dresses for any budget.

Sent on 10/28/2018

miLA Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much, Ayers! We loved having you. We hope your wedding day was as incredible as you and we're sure you looked like a dream!

Jamie · Married on 05/12/2018

What an amazing experience. We loved it from the first time we went in. They designed and made my daughters Dream Dress!! Can’t say enough about them. Highly recommend

Sent on 03/29/2018

miLA Bridal's reply:

You are too kind! Thank you so much for your praise. We loved customizing the dress for your daughter it was so much fun!

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2017

Using miLA bridal for my wedding dress was the best decision I made for my wedding. I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable with a group of people before. They have so much passion in what they do and they make the whole wedding dress process so effortless. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 12/28/2017

miLA Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and recommendations! We loved working with you :)

Jessica · Married on 07/08/2017

MiLA Bridal is a true treasure not only for your whole beautiful bridal look, but also for the wedding party and special occasion dresses. The intimate experience at every consultation is 100% about the client. The team has outstanding communication, service, & knowledge. Working with Kai & the MiLA Bridal team ensures you are truly in expert hands with dress alterations. Kai blew me away with joy after completing various complicated alterations to my wedding gown. My wedding dress had an extremely delicate lace/illusion top that did not have the sleek, fitted silhouette I wanted, and by the last dress fitting, I was thoroughly elated with the romantic silhouette Kai gave me. The alterations made me look even more timeless, classic, & unique than when I had originally found & fallen in love with the dress. Many places I researched in Richmond simply cannot compete with the custom designs, expert seamstress, and reliable gown preservation MiLA offers consistently.
    Kai & MiLA also became the supportive friends I needed while planning my wedding with family living out of state. Going through the process alone, Kai shared the best beauty secrets, took time to teach me invaluable tips, helped me find the best undergarments & accent jewelry to compliment the look, and allowed me to practice bustling & dancing in the dress to make sure I left with my dress dreams come true! She sincerely cared about me and wanted me to have the happiest experience beginning to end. I cannot thank you enough Kai! MiLA bridal was my favorite, happiest, stress-free part of wedding planning; I am so glad I found you.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Dear Jessica,
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback~ We are so thankful to be a part of this special day in your life. We can't wait to see your wedding day pictures~ Love, Kai

Sophonie · Married on 05/27/2017

I came to miLA Bridal in early March 2017 for my late May 2017. After having bad experiences at othe Bridal shops who told me they could not accommodate my timeframe or budget, the positive sweet reception from Kai and her team at miLA Bridal during my appointment was a welcome surprise! Kai listened to my ideas and made great choices of dresses to try that would be new and would definitely arrive in time. When I still didn't find quite what I was look for Kai suggested modifying one of her custom designs to incorporate the details I wanted. Ultimately we went this route and I could not have been happier! I ended up with an ivory satin fit and flare sweetheart neckline dress with removable off the shoulder straps, a corset back and a train with button details. The dress was beautiful, arrived on time and had all of my custom adjustments as well as a beautiful sash to complete the look! Thanks to Kai's guidance on the size to order, my alterations process went very smoothly. Kai was even sweet enough to show all attendants how to tie my corset and put up my French bustle just a couple of days before my wedding when they came into town. MiLA Bridal provided me with an exceptional customer service experience and a beautiful high quality custom designed dress within 3mo and in my budget. My phenomenal experience with Kai and her team at miLA set the tone for an amazing wedding day and planning process. Do yourself a favor and go to miLA Bridal, you won't be dissapointed!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Dear Sophonie,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Please keep us in mind if you need help with gown cleaning and preservation. We can't wait to see your beautiful pictures~~~ Sincerely, Kai

Jenna · Married on 10/15/2016

I would highly recommend going to visit miLA Bridal! Shopping there was such a wonderful experience and I was able to create my dream dress with Kai. She listened to everything I had to say and was very helpful during the whole process. The staff greeted us with friendly smiles every time we walked in and I always felt comfortable being there. Each fitting went very smoothly and alterations were done rather quickly. Living in Texas and planning a wedding in Richmond was not an easy task. Kai worked with me and my flight schedule to make sure we fit in all the fittings that were necessary and had all alterations done in a timely manner. I was so happy with the way the dress looked and couldn't have asked for a better experience. If you are looking for a dress in a reasonable price range - go visit miLA Bridal - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Tom · Married on 08/06/2016

miLA Bridal is a wedding dress haven.

Compared to the other 4 stores that I visited in the Richmond area, miLA's salon was clean, airy, spacious, and beautiful. The level of care and passion Kara & Kai (sisters who are the owners and designers of all of the dresses in the store) have for what they do is clear by the way they maintain the store and their dresses (which are neatly placed in garment bags, not half hanging on a rack with makeup smudges on the edges).

I wound up purchasing one of their Olivia K collection gowns and as a person who's not attached to clothing, I was so excited! The fact that you can mix & match your own top and bottom to create a semi-custom gown is SUCH A GOOD IDEA. I must have tried on 30 gowns and kept coming back to miLA because the semi-custom gown I created just could not be beat (and not to mention that it will be uniquely my dress - no seeing it at other weddings!). Plus, as compared what I saw for non-custom wedding dresses, I felt that the pricing was really reasonable.

As a NY resident getting married in the DC area buying a dress in Richmond, VA, my availability for fittings was limited and Kai & Kara were very accommodating. Kai & Kara who are the owners, are also the designers of all of the gowns in their shop, which means they are intimately familiar with each of their dresses and know what can and cannot be changed. There's no "I'm not sure...I'll have to contact a representative of the designer to find out if they can do xyz and get back to you." Also because Kai & Kara are the owners & designers, they are fully invested in their store, experience and product - you really can't beat their experience.

My dress turned out so amazing, was a semi-custom design and fit like a glove! I wish I could wear it every weekend!

For all the future brides out there, check out miLA! I'm so glad that I did!

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

miLA Bridal is one of a kind! Everyone made my shopping experience so wonderful, easy, and pressure-free. They were more than accommodating with my requests and concerns and were absolutely wonderful during the fitting process.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Sallie · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't say enough positive things about Mila Bridal! My whole experience was so wonderful. I never felt pushed to buy anything or choose anything I didn't want. They worked with me the entire time to make sure my dress was flawless. The experience was personal and so fun!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Cassie · Married on 06/06/2015

After looking everywhere I finally found the perfect dress at MiLa. It was unique and not another cookie cutter wedding dress like all the other stores. The staff was so friendly, I felt like they were an old best friend helping me out to make sure everything was flawless. I couldn't have been more happy with MiLa, AND it was a great price. Nothing bad to say, they simply went above and beyond to make the whole dress buying experience seamless!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

I had such a wonderful experience at miLA bridal salon in creating a custom gown. My previous shopping experience had not gone so well and when you walk in the doors, this is what you anticipate a bridal salon looking like. The attendants were so helpful in finding dresses that my fit my style. In the end, we created a gorgeous gown combining Kara's thoughts with my vision. They had a beautiful handmade jeweled piece that we used for the back, which became the highlight of my gown. And, when I told Kara I wanted to go non-traditional and wear gold, she found the perfect color! We ended up getting the bridesmaids dresses there too. The color and fit of the individually-styled dresses suited each girl perfectly. My experience could not have been more enjoyable with the ladies of miLA.

Sent on 12/08/2014

I wanted to take the time to thank you again so much for such a wonderful and successful experience at miLA Bridal! From the beginning of the process, it was such a joy to work with Kara! She was so kind, helpful, and made the experience very fun and special! I'll never forget the moment when I tried on 'the' dress and both my mom and I realized it at the same time, with joyful tears. What an beautiful, classic, yet unique dress I found at your store. Thank you so much also for your incredible help through the alterations process, and your commitment to getting everything just right!! You have a fabulous team all around. Thank you for such a memorable experience.

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • Colin

Colin · Married on 10/13/2013

I’m so thankful I decided to call and make a bridal appointment with miLA – it turned out to be one of the best decisions I made over the year long wedding planning process! Kai’s designs are absolutely stunning and I fell in love with one of the first dresses I tried on. It was a beautiful lace gown with a trumpet shape, and I chose a lovely crystal belt and hair piece from miLA’s collection to add to the look. From the first appointment until the day I took my finished dress home with me, Kai and the other ladies at Mila were a pleasure to work with. The tailor at the salon worked tirelessly to make sure the keyhole lace back of my dress was perfectly symmetrical, and every detail looked flawless. Thanks to them, I received many compliments on my big day!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Adrian · Married on 09/21/2013

Love this shop!!! Kai was so sweet, creative, and talented

Sent on 04/17/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/14/2013

Cara and Kai are the most amazing people! They actually care about you and your wedding not just selling you a dress ! Kai even texted me daily for months to make sure I worked out to fit into my dress! That is 10 star service! Their dresses are made from quality fabrics and are amazing. Kai and Cara understand that people are on budgets and will work with you to get you a dress that works for your budget, your body, and your dreams! I love these girls and my dress!:)

Sent on 08/24/2013

Belinda · Married on 09/29/2012

From the moment I entered miLA Bridal, I felt like a Princess in a Fairytale. I had been to three other bridal stores and tried on 26 gowns before arriving at miLA Bridal store, who had the perfect gown for my perfect day! The shop was beautiful, it was clutter free, temperature was cool (comfort for brides trying on big, heavy gowns). After answering some basic questions, about our wedding day, time of day, theme, as well as what I was looking for in a gown as far as neckline, color, details, etc.
    I was then led to a dressing room while they selected and brought me gowns to try on based on my responses, the second gown was "The one". I had heard that every bride knows when she finds "The gown" and this was the one.
    I had a couple of follow up visits, one to have my gown sized and the neckline sweethearted, then to have bustles for my train added and the final fitting. Each time I arrived, I was greeted very enthusiastically and acknowledged by my name. They all made sure I was 110% happy with every step of the process!!

Kiara, Kara and Christine, really know how to make a bride feel beautiful!

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 04/22/2017

Kai at miLA Bridal was so sweet and helpful! We were running late for our appointment and she was so understanding. She did a great job of selecting dresses for me that fit my "theme/style" and I love that all of their designs can be customized with different options. The shop is beautiful and has great accessories to choose from! Kai also does a great job of putting you in dresses and pinning them up to make you feel secure and fabulous. My only qualm was not being able to take pictures of myself in the dresses. But as their dresses are their custom designs, I understand why. Definitely a great shop!

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • Erica

Erica collier · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent!!

I loved my experience at miLA. My consultants were extremely welcoming and friendly and they made me feel beautiful. I found my dress and am so happy.

Sent on 02/19/2019

miLA Bridal's reply:

We are so happy to help you! You're going to look incredible. You are so beautiful inside and out. Congratulations!
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 08/26/2016

This was a one of a kind experience. They made you feel special and during your appointment it's just you and them so you are there only focus. Also you can make changes to a dress to make it one of a kind.

Sent on 09/28/2015

3.8
      3.5

I was able to purchase a lovely dress from MiLa but the alterations were out of the budget. She is very sweet, but has a limited selection.

Sent on 05/23/2016