Mikkelsen's Pastry Shop Reviews

56 | Naples, FL

56 Reviews for Mikkelsen's Pastry Shop

Stacy · Married on 04/08/2018

I planned my Florida destination wedding all the way from Seattle, WA, and Elizabeth was fantastic to work with! She was very responsive over email and phone, always available to bounce flavor and decor ideas off of, and kept me updated on the status of my deposit and payment checks as they made their way across the country. Mikkelsen's delivered the cake on time to the venue and decorated it exactly as I had planned! The cake was delicious and moist, and the guests raved about how good it was! I would highly recommend Mikkelsen's!

Amber · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! It was absolutely perfect, so happy we got our cake from here. Everyone complimented how it looked and tasted! It was delicious, everything we had hoped for!!

• User5086182 · 1+ year ago

This is a wonderful family owned and run local bakery that produces the most delicious, beautiful wedding cakes. Very professional to work with during planning and they provided on time delivery - a gorgeous delicious wedding cake for our daughter's big day!

Lisa · Married on 06/11/2016

My cake was so good! and it looked beautiful! would use them again !

Melissa · Married on 06/04/2016

The cake was AMAZING! It was delicious and looked perfect. It was exactly what I wanted and I couldn't have been more happy. All of my guests commented on how delicious it was. We had enough left over for brunch the next day and everyone was able to have more!! (We had a small wedding so there was plenty left)

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

We had a unique request for our wedding, it was Star Wars themed. Our vision was for a very elegant fondant cake with a few star wars ships tucked in. We provided a picture and molds for the ships. I can tell you that cake was exactly what we asked for. It was simply stunning and the tasted wonderful. Elizabeth was very accommodating, provided us several cakes to taste before making our decision and was a great communicator.

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2016

Mikkelsens is by far the best pastry shop in town!

We met with Elizabeth Mikkelsen on two separate occasions to discuss our wedding cake design and taste. We live out of town and my husband was unable to make it to the initial cake tasting. Elizabeth offered to provide him with a sampling of the cakes free of charge when he came to town next.

When we described to Elizabeth exactly what we wanted and showed her photos of something similar, she ran with the ideas. Elizabeth is very organized and professional. We met with Elizabeth several months later and she still remembered all the details of how we wanted our cake to look. We chose to have two flavors, raspberry mouse and strawberries. Both were SO delicious!

We also spoke about favors for the guests and Elizabeth has suggestions that were better than we could have imagined. They were also a special order that was not on the Mikkelsen's menu. We described that we wanted to have something with a florida taste/feel and she suggested coconut macaroons and chocolate chip cookies with a hint of orange. They were SO delicious! Elizabeth even wrapped each in beautiful bags. They matched perfectly with our silver decor and we received many compliments from our guests.

Elizabeth is very passionate about her work and it shows! We couldn't have been more pleased with choosing Mikkelsen's Pastry Shop for our wedding cake and favors!

Kelly · Married on 05/06/2016

Our cake was delicious and so beautiful!! Mikkelsens was such a pleasure to work with during our tasting and ordering process! Delivery was on time and everyone was so nice to work with! I can't even count how many guests told us how great our cake tasted! The strawberry grand-marnier cream filling was out of this world! I will be going back for any cakes we may need in the future!

Anna · Married on 01/22/2016

Mikkelsen's is a gem! The cakes were as delicious as they were beautiful! We ordered 5 cakes (2 6", 2 9" and 1 12") to be on display with simple buttercream and florals from our florists and I could not be more happy with how it all turned out! It was SO LOVELY and tasted just as delicious! I am still eating wedding cake a week later and I just love all the flavors (Chocolate with mint filling, and lemon poppy with lemon curd filling), When we did the tasting Elizabeth was so wonderful. She was so easy to work with AND since my husband couldn't come to the tasting, she even packed us a little go box to share with him. I thought that was a wonderful touch and really speaks of their customer service. They really helped me decide what to do to keep to my budget and I still have guests asking me about "Who made your cake?!" AND extra cake to eat days later (still good too!).

I would highly recommend you check out Mikkelsen, a family operated bakery who cares about customer service and their clients!

Our cake was perfect. We brought a picture to them to base our design off of and they recreated it perfectly. They even ordered special molds and ribbon to make our design complete. Not only was the cake gorgeous, but it was also delicious! I would definitely recommend their services to anyone.

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/06/2015

Our daughter's wedding cake was a gift and the couple that blessed her with it have used Mikkelsen's for all of the cake needs. While I had tasted their cakes at other functions, I had not tried their wedding cakes. Wow, was I impressed! Not only did it look exactly like the two pictures my daughter had combined, it was delicious! I would highly recommend Mikkelsen's for any pastry needs!

Johnny · Married on 05/23/2015

cake was amazing! we got to go in for tastings of all different kinds of flavors and in the end they did exactly what we wanted.

AMAZING!!! They did an awesome job with our wedding cake (especially since some of our guests had food allergies) and our favors! Great family bakery! Would DEFINITELY recommend them!

Lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

Absolutely Amazing!!! The cake was delicious and beautiful! Everyone was great to work with, couldn't have been better!! You know how after a wedding all the guest talk about that one food idem that was so damn good... 2 weeks later everyone is still asking me were did I get that cake! SO GOOD!

Jade · Married on 04/19/2015

We were given a Mikkelsen’s cake for our surprise engagement party and were so impressed we didn’t even look elsewhere for the wedding cake. They were very helpful during the tasting, and offered several tier/size options to fit our budget. We will most definitely use Mikkelsen for all our future events.

Jacquelyn · Married on 04/11/2015

We got a small tiered cake with cupcakes and it was absolutely gorgeous. Priced competitively, it was definitely worth going to see them and working with them. They were so willing to work with my budget and were very professional and reliable. Would definitely recommend them.

Thank you!

Segal · Married on 02/21/2015

I've used Mikkelsen's Pastry Shop for other occasions, so when choosing a wedding cake, it was a no-brainer! Our favorite part of the wedding planning experience was trying all the flavors with them and designing the cake from their enormous catalog. They custom colored the cake to match my bouquet and Elizabeth was a wonderful help. It turned out terrific. My only regret was that I didn't order their delicious fruit tart pastries for our friends and family to try!

Kristin · Married on 01/17/2015

My husband and I decided to go with mini-pasteries and a cake for just us... and OMG I am so glad we chose Mikkelsen's!!! We got so many compliments on the assortment of desserts, the quality and of course the delicious flavors! They were all so beautiful and fit our wedding perfectly. The cake- to die for! We ended up freezing the top and sharing the bottom with our neighborhood and family. It was perfect!!! Thank you so much! I would highly recommend them for your wedding needs!

Danielle · Married on 11/29/2014

Beautiful and tasty cake, followed my requests perfectly!

Crystal · Married on 09/19/2014

Thank you to all who helped with our cake - it was exactly what we expected. Thank you for taking the time to talk with us and staying late to work with us over the phone in such a short notice to get exactly what we wanted. You nailed it right on the head and would recommend you to ANYONE that needs your services for event planning or just want some goodies!

Thanks again,

Jeff & Crystal Brewer

Jonathan · Married on 07/19/2014

YUM! Do I have to say any more?? Of course I will.. From the first time we arrived at Mikkelsen for our tasting aka breakfast, we knew this is the place we had red velvet cake three tier and a vanilla with strawberry filling sheet cake( to give each guest and taste of each)! Wow it was just as good the day after our wedding! I'm not sure if the topper will make it( shhh don't tell Kristin).. Also I must say they support and give much respect to our armed forced( BROWNIE POINT.. Look I made a joke) so quit looking for a wedding cake get to mikkelsens and have them make the cake you want!!

Regards,
    Kristin and Jonathan Hendrickson

Monica · Married on 05/10/2014

We got our wedding cake from Mikkelsen's Bakery and it was excellent. Elizabeth was very helpful in getting us the cake we wanted and worked within our budget. She also helped guide us as to how to decorate it since I am not a very creative type. Best of all, it looked beautiful and tasted excellent! Definitely recommend the Italian rum filling!

This company was recommended by the hotel were we were married. They were super easy to work with, and made a beautiful cake. I found a picture of a cake online, sent it to them, and our cake looked just like the picture! They suggested that Strawberry Grand Marnier was their most possible flavor, so that's what we ordered. I ordered the right size cake for our small wedding, and was very happy to see that none was left.

Lindsey · Married on 04/05/2014

Cake was amazing! It was exactly what i imagined and they did a beautiful job with the presentation! Not to mention so tasty!

Best wedding cake I've ever had. I realize I'm a little biased as I specifically picked something I would like, but it was amazing. Elizabeth is so wonderful to work with and made us a beautiful wedding cake that tasted as good as it looked. Couldn't be happier.