Mike's Smokehouse BBQ Reviews

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 5
Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 6
  • Shannon

Shannon H · Married on 09/13/2019

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ was AMAZING!

Mike was AMAZING! He was so communicative on what we should expect, there were so many options to choose from.. we really were able to customize our dinner for exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Mike is the absolute nicest and we have nothing but good things to say about him and his food! Everything was perfect and we will recommend Mike’s Smokehouse BBQ to any and everyone!

Sent on 09/19/2019
    Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 7

Leanna H · Married on 08/10/2019

Positively Awesome

Going with Mike's smokehouse was the best choice. The price was great. They did such a good job. But also oh my god the food is so good. The brisket is amazing like the fat melts in your mouth its perfect. The chicken is seasoned so well you don't need the barbecue sauce but you'll want it cause it is super good too. Mac and cheese is the bomb! They make it with onion and jalapeno and stuff but were super accommodating and did half of it plain for my picky eaters. The star for me was the baked beans they take a humble side dish like baked beans and kill it. It's filled with bacon, an amazing sauce, I think like 3 different kinds of beans. Wedding food usually sucks. Its like beef in beef juice or chicken breast floating around in weird gravy and sad mashed potatoes... This is a better choice I promise. The food really impressed my guests.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Paul H · Married on 10/24/2018

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ is the Way to Go!

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ is the way to go!!! Superior customer service! Totally great experience from start to finish. And this BBQ is legendary!!! Our reception guests were raving about it for days afterwards!

Julie K · Married on 10/24/2018

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ is a Class Act

OUTSTANDING service!! Food was delicious. Presentation...a class act. Mike was courteous, professional and very friendly.

Dan K · Married on 09/24/2018

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ is Awesome!

Mike is awesome!! Ordered on short notice for our wedding reception, he delivered on time and as promised!! He delivered on time, and helped our wedding staff set up. We chose pulled chicken and brisket, along with mac n cheese, baked beans, cornbread, and salad. Fruit and veggie trays were excellent, with ranch and yogurt dips to boot! Our guests, 40-50, gave rave reviews, and several took Mike's business card. For the price it was well worth it, and a huge stress reliever for us with all we had to do. Excellent Texas style BBQ. He knows his craft, and we highly recommend him. Dan and Tammy

Kathy S · Married on 08/03/2018

Best Choice Ever

Mikes Smokehouse BBQ catered our wedding gathering (post wedding) and it was more than amazing costumer service. They arrived on time, with everything we requested, and the catering was exactly what we asked for. The BBQ was awesome, along with the sides. Plenty of food for everyone. For our next large gathering I would definitely consider Mike's Smokehouse BBQ!

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 8

Lesley T · Married on 07/20/2018

Fantastic Wedding Dinner

Mike and his team at Mike's Smokehouse BBQ catered my wedding dinner and did a FANTASTIC job. From the very first contact and tasting, he continued to be in regular contact to answer every question and meet every request we had. VERY professional! Even though the weather forced us to move our event inside at the last minute, Mike was able to quickly adjust and set up our buffet in a smaller space without any loss in the presentation or functionality. The food was excellent. It was served on time and was hot and well maintained throughout the meal service time. Our guests talked about how really good it was all night. We could not have been happier with every aspect of the service and would recommend Mike to anyone who wants a really special meal service for their own event.

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 9

Norm & Jan · Married on 07/13/2018

The BEST Wedding Caterer

Mike has very good work ethic and is very personable. His BBQ is delicious. His baby back ribs are the best and his service before and after the event was excellent. We recommend Mike's Smokehouse BBQ to any parent or couple looking for a really special meal for your wedding or any other event.

Vicky G · Married on 07/13/2018

Mike Made Our Event a Total Success

Mike’s Smokehouse BBQ catered my son’s wedding rehearsal dinner this past Thursday. The service and food was fantastic! Mike is professional and personable. He guided me through the ordering process, the options available and the amount of food that would work best for my guests. He was easy to contact and prompt with responding to any questions that I had. The day of the event, delivery and set up was on time and the buffet presentation was amazing. The food was delicious! Mike uses his family’s authentic recipes and all our guests were impressed with the unique feast we had. Everyone was talking about how good the food was. Mike’s BBQ made the wedding rehearsal dinner an absolute success!

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 10

Angela M · Married on 06/29/2018

EXCELLENT Food and Presentation!

We were so very pleased with the food and service provided by Mike for our wedding dinner. From the very first contact, he worked closely with us regarding every detail. The food and buffet presentation was just excellent and all of our guests raved about the quality of the food. Our wedding was in a open air barn and it was very hot and muggy but Mike and his team worked tirelessly under difficult circumstances to deliver the genuine southern hospitality they are known for. Thanks Mike for a job well done!

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 11

Ed H · Married on 06/22/2018

Thrilled with Service and Food

Mike worked with us from the very beginning to develop the perfect menu for our event. He arrived on time and was so professional in the way he went about setting up our buffet. I have thrown a lot of parties but NEVER have I gotten the kind of positive feedback I received about the food from our guests--they were raving about the quality of the food. More than one told be they definitely wanted to contact Mike for their own events. We were thrilled with the service and food from Mike's Smokehouse BBQ and will use them again!

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ 12

Beatriz O. · Married on 02/16/2018

Five stars all the way! Fantastic!

Mike's response and service was fantastic. His food was really exceptional and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality caterer!

Savannah · Married on 02/16/2018

From Start to Finish - Amazing!

Food was amazing! Service was out of this world! Everything was all around amazing! Thanks Mike!

John S. · Married on 12/14/2017

Top of the List for Catering

Mike was concise in description and completion of his service. The presentation was clean, inviting, and eye appealing. The food was cooked to perfection, meat falling off the bones, and sides fresh and delicious, complementing the main dish. I will keep him at the top of my list for future catering needs.

• Jessie

Jessie Gray · Married on 06/27/2019

2.2
      1.0
      1.0

Unprofessional business

Extremely unprofessional catering service. The food was good but the service was horrible. The employees were drinking beer from the bar at the wedding reception, meanwhile none of the food had been cleaned up from what was supposed to be the dance floor. An Employee cussed me out when I asked her if they could please clean up. She was too busy eating the food we paid for. The owner was there as well and he said it's "typical protocol" that they eat and drink at the weddings. If they would have just asked, or if the service was better, we would have thanked them and offered them food and beer. But they didn't ask - just helped themselves.

Sent on 08/24/2019

Mike's Smokehouse BBQ's reply:

Dear Jessie,
    Thank you so much for the privilege of catering your event and for sharing your concerns. Our heart is always to provide exceptional food and excellent service to all of our clients and I deeply regret that we were not able to meet your expectations. We have discussed the peripheral issues you raised privately but at the core of your comments was our level and quality of service. While we strive to respond to any request from our clients, the expectation that the full buffet be completely removed from the floor immediately following the meal service was not part of our agreement and was never discussed in any of our pre-event discussions. Had it been, I would have been more than happy to provide the additional staff needed to meet the request. That expectation was not communicated to us until after the guests had been served and while my staff was taking a brief 15-minute break, after which we normally begin bussing tables. In order to respond to the request, we had no choice but to shift our attention from clearing the tables to taking down the buffet which, because of the very limited space at that particular venue, takes at least 30 minutes. During that time my staff was repeatedly berated by a member of the wedding party for not moving quickly enough and for not bussing tables which we suspended in order to remove the buffet. Having said that, no disrespectful response from my staff is ever appropriate and, as a matter of good faith, I refunded all of the gratuity you had provided for my staff. Thanks again for sharing your concerns and I wish you the best. --Mike