Mike L. Photography Reviews

43 | North Las Vegas, NV

43 Reviews for Mike L. Photography

• sc.a

Shane · Married on 09/10/2011

Over the past year, we shot over 5 different themed engagement shoots (one of which was with Mike & Courtney of Mike L Photography last year in Vegas) and M&C were our favourite photographers all along. We had ZERO anxiety about contracting them for our Wedding Day photos because we knew they'd produce amazing results.

What we didn't anticipate was how much Mike and Courtney would be part of our day and that by the end of the night, that it would feel like they were great friends and part of the wedding party.

They were with us from an hour before the ceremony, shooting our individual shots with our groomsmaids, they guided us through our photo tour, reassured us, made us laugh, helped us relax - and, despite my best attempts to try to find time for us all to eat, they starved all day. They shot all the way through the reception and didn't even miss a beat when their contracted time was up. They stayed on, reassured me it was okay and that I really DID need shots of our speeches and then, after taking their meals to go an hour later than they should have left, went home and even posted a photo preview on their blog that very night.

They are a class act, amazing people - and to top it off - BLOODY brilliant! Courtney posted a beautiful blog with preview photos which had all of our guests, colleagues and friends in awe; and now that we've seen the full set of photos, we are even bigger fans than ever before. We don't know where we are going to find the wall space to blow up all of the gorgeous photos we want to enlarge.

Mike & Courtney treated us wonderfully, entertained us and in the end, gave us what every couple dreams of - stunning photos of the most important day of our lives. We will be forever grateful to Mike and Courtney for capturing our special day in the most beautiful and elegant way. We will use Mike and Courtney whenever we can, no matter how many trips we have to take to Vegas to get to them. They are true artists!

Sent on 10/17/2011

David · Married on 06/11/2011

I'm a groom, not a bride, but whatever lol. Got married in Mix restaurant at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on June 11th, '11. My wife and I hired Mike L to do our photos about a year prior after we had explored a few different options. Mike's wife Courtney handles most of the communication and seeing as my job has me working at night a lot, I like vendors who are responsive to email as well as phone so I can email questions and then have answers in the morning. Well, in this case, I'd often have answers within minutes at any time of the day or night. We signed up for them maybe a day after I first contacted them, and by that time I'd already emailed back and forth five or ten times.

We went with their full day service to have them on site part way through the girls and guys getting ready all the way until the end of anything worth photographing at the reception; i.e. once all the form stuff is done and everyone is drunk, you can go. A day or two before wedding day I was trying to plan when vendors should arrive and asked Courtney what number of hours 'all day' meant, since I had to make sure to get the cake cutting and bouquet toss in before they left, she just said all day is all day and we'll leave when you're sure you have everything you want.

Night before the wedding I met Mike for the first time as we had them shoot our rehearsal dinner too. He showed up right on time, introduced himself, and then disappeared. I mean that in a good way, he was there for an hour and was constantly shooting pictures yet I remember seeing him maybe three times even though I was walking around constantly trying to give face time to all 40 guests.

Day of, right on time; Mike went to the room with my wife and her bridesmaids, Josh, his assistant, came to my room where myself and the guys were hanging out. Josh told us just pretend he's not there so we got a little intro to what it feels like to be on a realty TV show where you try to act normal even though someone's photographing you. It was actually easier than you'd think; 20 minutes later we're carrying on like normal like he wasn't there.

Mike and Josh were there for what ended up being probably about eleven hours and throughout the evening when we were having a special moment of one kind or another, toasts, first dance, cake cutting, etc., me being paranoid would look around to make sure a photographer was getting it and they were always there. Finally towards the end when it was just mostly my drunk friends left, Mike confirmed with me twice before leaving that I was absolutely sure there weren't any other photos I wanted him to take.

Could not have been a better experience. Once the finished photos arrive, I'll post some of them on my site, vegas groom dot com.

Sent on 07/14/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011

LOVE THEM! Mike was great as soon as he got there. I barely ate anything all day and after the rush of the ceremony I came to a crashing burn right after he started taking pictures…he was patient and kind enough to let me sit on some stairs at the Bellagio and drink some water and take a quick break. We got to the fountains right before the show started so we got some pictures there, met up with Courtney and headed to the Welcome Sign and then to an abandoned area by the Stratosphere. After the reception they took us out to their secret spot and got some night pictures. I am soooo excited to see the photos. They were one of the best vendors we chose for the wedding!!!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Katie · Married on 05/05/2011

Mike L Photo did our engagement session, wedding, and we have yet to do my TTD. They have become great friends since we found them on our wedding planning journey they have given us amazing photos and much support. They respond quickly to questions, and are open to new ideas. We had a different look and had somewhat of an alternative wedding and they were excited to step outside the box with us. A great value for the cost, these up-and-coming photographers should be on your list to check out.

Sent on 05/31/2011
  • stick

Sarah · Married on 12/11/2010

We loved working with Mike and Cortney. They were tons of fun and the pictures were great, they caught every moment. They were very personable and easy to work with and super affordable. The pictures came back quick even with it being the Holiday season. We would recomend then to anyone!!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Leslie · Married on 11/13/2010

I can't say enough GREAT things about Mike & Courtney. They are awesome! Everything you can want in photographers ... fun, flexible, affordable, punctual, creative, but most of all, QUALITY! If I could pat myself on the back ... I'd say they were one of my best vendors that I happened to choose for my destination wedding in Vegas. If you read their photograpy blog, you will truly get the feel of what wonderful professionals and people they are. If I could share any of my wisdom for future brides, I would seriously say without doubt --- "Look no further! Just hurry up and book your date with Mike & Courtney! ... Hurry! ... Stop reading! Go and BOOK them!!!"

Sent on 12/28/2010

Tamara · Married on 10/09/2010

I live in Georgia but wanted to get married in Las Vegas. Like any other bride I searched wedding websites to find a photographer that fit my style and budget in Vegas. I was lucky to come across Mike and Courtney's website through theknot.com and decided to give them a call. From the first time I spoke with Courtney she made me feel very comfortable and took her time explaining all of the packages. I was never rushed to make a decision as with other photographers I called. Once I knew which package I wanted, which are all very reasonably priced, I had many questions before the big day. My e-mails were answered right away and my questions were all answered. The day of the wedding Mike and a new associate got to the hotel they were very patient and were very accommodating to the bombardment of family photo requests I had. After all of the family photos were out of the way my fiancé and I walked the strip with Mike taking pictures the whole way down. Mike knew where all of the good places were and how to get there. It can be very busy in Vegas, especially 10/10/10 weekend but our pictures still look like it was just me and my new hubby,. The pictures that I received are all amazing and I had some pretty specific edits I wanted made but they never complained and I received my photo CD with more amazing pictures then I know what to do with. I would highly recommend Mike L. photography if your ever in Vegas.

Sent on 12/17/2010

Nicole C. · Married on 09/30/2010

These guys were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could give them 10 stars on each category. Planning a wedding is super stressful and it was even more stressful because I had to plan my entire wedding via email/phone. I live in Arizona and got married at the Grove in Vegas. Courtney made everything stress free and always responded to me on-time and was super helpful on the telephone! Unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to meet Courtney as Perkins and Mike were the ones who came and did our photography. They both did an amazing job. They were on time...and were super flexible (last minute I changed the time for them to arrive ..and they were more than happy to adjust to it!)...They took the perfect shots and did not miss one piece of my wedding...also our wedding coordinator at the Grove disapeared as soon as we sat down to eat and I felt like Mike and the DJ took the place of the coordinator and helped us out with the rest of the night even tho that was not their job....Thanks so much Mike, Courtney, & Perkins you really do fantastic Work!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2010

I had Courtney and an assistant with her. I couldn't ask for anything better. Both were so professional and super sweet. It was really hot outside but they were both troopers while we did a strip tour. She responded to every email within minutes and helped with any questions that I had. I can't wait to see the photos as I am sure they will turn out beyond my expectations. So glad I chose them. Thanks Courtney

Sent on 09/27/2010

Nichole · Married on 03/26/2010

Here's the thing. You know you have good photographers when you are trying to plan a wedding from across an ocean and they are so helpful every single time you email them and willing to go the extra mile. You know you have good photographers when the first few exchanges back and forth they already feel like friends that you have had since college. You know you have great photographers when you see the photos they take of your wedding and you either smile, laugh or cry with every click of the mouse. Mike and his team not only made us feel comfortable about them capturing our big day, but confident that we had found the best wedding photographer in Las Vegas. There is no criticism i could give except that we are so far away from them to shoot maternity/family photos for when the time comes. It's hard to even finish this review without feeling such love for this photography team. Thank you for capturing our hearts and our wedding <3

Sent on 04/18/2010
  • beav1279

Nichole · Married on 12/27/2009

Mike and Courtney are wonderful! My husband and I love our pictures. They are worth much more than they charge! I can't say enough nice things about them. Courtney was very easy to talk to and always answers emails in a very timely manner. Both her and Mike felt like good friends right away. They made us very comfortable. We are so very happy with choosing them to photograph our wedding.

Sent on 03/06/2010

Suzanne · Married on 10/09/2009

Mike and Courtney have learned the meaning of going above and beyond for their customers. I planned my daughter's entire wedding in three months and I was frustrated since I did not live in Vegas and had to find wedding vendors. Courtney answered every question I had promptly and professionally and provided an absolutely amazing wedding photography package. Working with both of them was a unique pleasure. My daughter bonded with them immediately and they spent the entire wedding day with us taking photographs of anything and everything we requested. My only regret is that they could not take photos during the ceremony. The hotel's photographer was not as attentive as they were. I would recommend them to anyone who is needing photography, wedding or otherwise. I will be singing their praises and telling my concierge friends in Vegas to recommend them to anyone who is needing a wedding photographer. It's rare these days to find someone who believes in true customer service; but Courtney and Mike have learned that satisfied customers are the backbone of any successful business.

Sent on 10/19/2009

Grace · Married on 09/09/2009

AMAZING!!! That is the one word I can say that describes Mike Lichtenwalner Photography! Mike and Courtney did my engagement and wedding photos, and all I can say is like "WOW". They will meet you where ever you need them and is always early and ready to shoot! When I was trying to locate my photographer for the wedding, all I was meeting were over price, stuck up, not welcoming photographers that had their ways set. This was extremely difficult for me since I only had 3 months to plan my wedding and I was starting to give up. When I met Mike and Courtney it was an instant connection! Mike and Courtney did everything and beyond of what I ask of them and were more than welcoming. They are an amazing couple, that does amazing work! I couldn't ask for more! I will be recomending everybody I know to them. If you do not get your pictures done by them, well sorry to say it, you are missing out!! Thank you Thank you Mike and Courtney! I will always be indebted to you! Love you guys!! Grace and David <3

Sent on 10/17/2009

Darby · Married on 08/14/2009

We got married this weekend in Las Vegas and we were so pleased with Mike & Courtney's services. They were easy to work with and arrange long-distance, they showed up early and were ready to go to work. We haven't seen our photos yet but are looking forward to reliving our special day through Mike and Courtney's work. They had great suggestions for photos and took every photo we requested, and more. Thanks Mike & Courtney for all your hard work, we can't wait to see the photos! We highly recommend them for your wedding!!! Richard & Darby Pavlasek

Sent on 08/17/2009

Cindy · Married on 04/04/2009

Mike Lichtenwalner took our engagement and wedding photos, and we are extremely happy with the work that he did! He and his wife Courtney make a wonderful photography duo! They were willing to travel to our destination wedding...were professional, patient and helpful the whole way through...and without a doubt captured one of the most important days of our lives on film! Going through the pictures afterwards was like reliving the whole day all over again! Thank you Mike and Courtney for all of your efforts in helping to make our day so special!

Sent on 06/01/2009

Matthew · Married on 03/19/2006

Good people and good service is hard to come by these days. I found not only a good person but an exceptional artist when I hired the services of Mike Lichtenwalner Photography. He not only was the creative eye and mind behind our invites and photos, he was was the artistic foundation of the most beautiful day of my life. I can not say Thank you enough.

Sent on 05/19/2009

We loved working with Mike and Courtney! They were open to our suggestions and really helped us get what we wanted out of our pictures! We are waiting to see the final product, but from what we have seen we love them!!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Miranda · Married on 02/14/2013

Let me first start off by saying that everyone has been raving about our wedding photos from Mike and Courtney's blog, turns out you were just as fantastic as I had dreamed about! Mike and Courtney managed to create beautiful images of us the day after our wedding - and we are definitely not models! We really wanted to steer clear of formal wedding photography and they matched our style perfectly. The photographs they produce are truly works of art. Mike and Courtney captured the memories of our wedding/honeymoon perfectly, they are utterly amazing!!!!

Sent on 03/25/2013