Mike L. Photography Reviews

43 | North Las Vegas, NV

43 Reviews for Mike L. Photography

• Laura

Laura · Getting married on 08/10/2019

Mike and Courtney are so wonderful We used them for our wedding and they provided us with great service and we cannot wait to see the pictures.
    We highly reccomend Mike!

Cassie · Married on 03/27/2015

Mike L Photography consists of Mike and his wife Courtney L, and when booking them you automatically get two photographers for your event. We met with Mike and Courtney a few months before our wedding to talk about styles we like, and our inspiration for our wedding. The days leading up, they provided us with an easy to use survey to make sure we got the exact shots we wanted. It was very easy to keep in touch with them the day of the wedding, and through a few timing mishaps due to miscommunication on my end we made everything work, and got all the shots we wanted.
    They were able to post two preview shots the night of the wedding because of their cameras' wifi capabilities. It was awesome to see them pop up so quickly.
    They are both incredibly laid back and fun to work with, I definitely recommend them to any couple that aren't terribly traditional, with unique ceremonies and receptions.

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2014

Cannot say enough good things about these guys. Not only did the pictures come out AMAZING, but they went above & beyond the call of duty to help us on the day.

Seriously, anyone I have shown the pics to rave about them, not just the quality but how unique they are compared to the usual wedding pics. A photographer friend of mine was in awe of the pics & he said it's obvious they really know what they're doing.

Thanks Mike & Courtney, James & I really appreciate your work & it couldn't have ended up better.

Amanda

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2013

I'm not really sure how to say how incredibly amazing both Mike and Courtney are. My now husband and I are a little bit awkward and not really into being the centre of attention, but we wanted some awesome photos of our destination wedding. We found Mike and Courtney through Offbeat Bride and as soon as I saw their work I knew that they would be a perfect match. All the conversations before our wedding (We're from Ottawa, ON) made me feel completely at ease with our decision. Courtney was great to communicate with and even helped us to narrow down our reception restaurant choice. On the day of, they were wonderful. They took the reins and organized our first look on the fly and brought us to this AMAZING area of Vegas full of colourful graffiti. They guided us to poses that were comfortable to us and not lovey-dovey (as that's so not who we are). We chose to have Mike and Courtney photograph the ceremony instead of using the inhouse photography at the chapel, and I'm very glad that we did. I know that they got some amazing shots and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2013

I couldn't have went with a better photographer!! Mike captured our personalities, our love, and our wedding day just exactly how I wanted. He did not miss a beat or a moment. Even after, I had expressed to him I don't want to pose anymore, he was completely okay with that and got really great candid shots of us having a great time. I was able to enjoy my wedding without feeling overwhelmed with taking pictures. It was a great balance. I love my wedding photos because of the high quality, and you can tell how much work goes into perfecting these photos. I trusted him to have free range with the arrangement of my wedding album and he completely exceeded my expectations again. Best photographer ever!!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/28/2013

I've had to re-write this review many times because I can't stop gushing about how Mike and Courtney are amazing!! I've had to cut out so many paragraphs because I can't stop raving about how much I love these two.

This was actually the very first vendor I booked. Once we started playing with the idea of going to Vegas to get married, I stumbled across their site and fell head over heels in love with their first Trash the Dress blog post. I then preceded to stalk their blog and website for the next three years. I booked eight hours of photography for our wedding day and then a rwo hour Trash the Dress session two days later.

Courtney is the communication queen! I could have sworn I came off like a neurotic bridezilla, but she was so chill and reassuring in her e-mails to me. She always replied a quick as possible and even made suggestions to our wedding day timeline so that we'd be able to capture as much as possible. Courtney was particularly great four days before the wedding when I found out that the Cosmopolitan became really difficult about their photography policy and I e-mailed her in a panic, trying to come up with a plan B for our first look photos and Courtney totally help us work it out!

Mike and Courtney really were incredible. They were flexible and accommodating and really felt like friends by the end of the evening. I really think booking them was the single best decision we made for our wedding.

Our trash the dress session was incredibly memorable too. I had an idea to put paint in some super soaker water guns and Courtney was totally enthusiastic about it. It didn't work out quite like I'd hoped it would though. We had to water down the paint so much so that it wouldn't clog the guns that it the colour didn't show up very well when we sprayed each other, but that's not their fault. We still had an amazing time and some of the photos just take my breath away. <3 <3 <3

Glenda · Married on 03/16/2013

Mike and Courtney were excellent! Before our big day, Courtney went out of her way to answer all of our questions promptly and ensure that we were comfortable. We spent a great day with them out in the dessert after our ceremony. We are very happy with the photos that they took; they are exactly what we had wanted!

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2013

Mike L. Photography was everything my husband and I wanted out of wedding photographers. We didn't want your typical boring wedding photos because that us not us at all. They were flexible and excited about the photo ideas we had and the end product was simply breathtaking. All of our family and friends have commented on the photos we posted saying that they are "some of the best they have ever seen". They are an amazing team and you should definitely hire them!

Vaso · Married on 03/09/2013

Mike and Courtney are very helpful and are so fun to work with. Have a great eye for knowing what works. These two set a fun atmosphere and make your wedding day fun! I'd suggest them for any of your needs.

Janessa · Married on 10/21/2012

Mike and Courtney provided our engagement and wedding photos and we couldn't have been happier with the pictures or them in general! We had such a great time working with them.. We'd like to make up another event just to hang out with them again.

Laura · Married on 10/10/2012

Ok seriously? I love these guys. Super down to earth, super easy to work with. Photography was the most important aspect of our wedding to us. Before we booked anything else wedding related, we booked Mike L. Courtney is always quick to respond and clarify anything. Their prices are amazing. I know there are cheaper photographers out there, but Mike and Courtney are worth every penny. They had all the fancy cameras, lenses, and lighting equipment. The quality of their work is amazing. They walked in and started shooting. They got all the detail shots, candids, family formals, and pictures just messing around. We gave them the reins and let them pick the shoot locations. They kept us on time and organized throughout the day. They cracked jokes and were easy to vent to during stressful parts of the day. If you haven’t booked a photographer, you really need to consider them. I loved them!

Megan · Married on 10/06/2012

Mike and Courtney were totally awesome. I loved their laid back and friendly attitudes, and the shots they took were completely wonderful. When I was originally planning the wedding, I wasn't sure if I should stick with the resort's photography, or hire outside photographers (although either way I would need to use the resort's people for the ceremony itself), and I'm so glad I chose Mike L.! Their shots are intimate, fun and beautifully composed, whether the shots were posed or candid. The wedding day was a bit of a blur, but I'm extremely grateful to have their pictures to remind me of the little moments during that day.

kelly · Married on 09/23/2012

I had the absolute best time with Courtney and Mike. I found them after searching the internet for good reviews, because being from out of town I had no idea who to use. Everyone had such great things to say, I decided I had to get in contact with them. From the first conversation, I liked them immediately. Courtney had me laughing from day 1, and I knew I'd need that kind of energy during such a stressful day. They were extremely attentive and very good about getting back to you on email when I had questions. They also helped me set up my whole timeline for the day. The day of the wedding they showed up right on time and began shooting all my detail shots as well as getting ready pics. I felt like there was never a moment they didn't capture. After the "reveal" pics and some vegas sign shots, Courtney and I were talking about how I've never been to In N' Out burger (being from the east coast), and that we should go. I was so excited! We hopped in the car, got my burger, and got AMAZING shots with my wedding party. They loved the idea, and had so much fun doing the shoot. Then we went back and had the ceremony and reception. I should mention there was some pretty unplanned moments that happened and throughout all the chaos, they were extremely professional and kept everyone moving and kept clicking away. I loved them both and would hire them again in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Mike L was an awesome team and breeze to work with during our destination wedding planning. It's always nice to find vendors that are professional and fun both on the clock and off. My husband and I were lucky to meet them while in Vegas doing our scouting trip. I definitely recommend Mike and Courtney!. Thanks again you two!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2012

When it's all said and done, the photos that remian are the best way to relive your wedding day from more than just your perspective.

Mike and Courtney captured our day on so many levels and from many different angles. We couldn't be in multiple places at once and it was wonderful to scroll through images not just of us but of all the details, our friend partying, our mohawked DJ... even hubby's grandmothers at the bar and bowling!

Mike and Courtney are super fun to work with and professional! We did an engagement shoot with them as well and they took us to some great spots and got down in the dirty alley to get the shots they imagined! Great communication and rolled with our flow (we suck at timelines {and following driving directions}... but M&C were always early and ready for us when we arrived!)

We would work with them again in a heartbeat! They love offbeat and not only captured what we wanted but added some great poses / suggestions as well! (Courtney I love looking back at my pictures seeing that tiny braid you suggested peeking around all my curls!!!)

Whatcha waiting for lovely engaged people?! BOOK MIKE L PHOTOGRAPHY!

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2012

Mike and Courtney are great!! I would recommend them to anyone!! Very professional and very speedy responses!! We had a BLAST working with them and we absolutely LOVE our pictures!! :)

Mike & Courtney have a really unique style. Anyone who's seen our final proofs has been really impressed. We always get asked who did the photography because the pictures themselves are so original, impressive, creative, fun and striking. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Mike L. Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it! :)

Cheryl · Married on 05/19/2012

Besides our reception, this truly was our best investment. They have the modern style we wanted, but also accommodate family formals that our parents requested. I've always been impressed by their work and they came through yet again for us! Courtney and I talked a lot prior to the day, which made me more excited to work with them and gave them a better understanding of what we wanted. They were always open to our ideas and made sure we got the shots we desired. They got a ton of great shots and I can’t wait to see the rest!! They even turned around a blog post 5 days after our wedding so we could see a sneak peek!!

Chelo · Married on 05/12/2012

I'm so glad that we picked Mike and Courtney to be our photographers. The pictures they produce are beyond amazing!!! They are very easy to work with and communication is excellent as well. The turnaround time for the pictures is reasonable. Even the packaging for the finished product is beautiful. If you go with them for your wedding, you will not regret it and you will always have beautiful pictures to remind you of your wonderful day. Thanks Mike and Courtney!

Andrea · Married on 12/08/2011

So this review is only the first half of my experience with Mike L. Photos. Mike and Courtney just shot our engagement pictures 2 weeks ago and will be shooting our wedding next year. I cannot even begin to explain the professionalism and dedication that I felt from the first moment that I contacted Courtney to inquire about having our engagement photos taken. Courtney went above and beyond in her email correspondence to me. She was knowledgeable and honest about location options and even went above and beyond when it came to helping me plan my scouting trip. I am not from Las Vegas and planning a destination wedding is a tough undertaking. Courtney has literally been my most valued resource. Not just for photography, but for everything from venue selection to cake! When the day finally came to meet Mike and Courtney and finally take our engagement photos (we spoke via email for about 2 months), both were prompt and professional and made both my fiance and myself incredibly comfortable in front of the camera. Their shots were creative and fun! We felt like we were just hanging out with friends... joking and laughing. When we finally got to see our photos that comfort and fun really came through. We are not fans of the posed, stiff pictures and we got the complete opposite! Some incredibly creative and impeccable quality shots! I am so very excited to have Mike and Courtney shoot our wedding next year! You cannot go wrong booking them! You are sure to have an incredible experience!

Mike and Courtney were AWESOME! From the first day we met when we did our engagement shoot we knew we made the right choice. They are the best when it comes to being non traditional, which we loved! Super easy going, it felt more like friends taking pictures of us instead of someone that was hired to be there and just throwing us in poses. They got amazing shots (they're like ninjas!) and best of all the pictures came out Freaking great!

Andrea · Married on 11/05/2011

Mike and Courtney are awesome! We are more than pleased with their work. Mike and Courtney made my husband and I feel so comfortable infront of the camera and that was definitely a plus for me, since I was pretty nervous. These photographers are creative, fun and very professional. I would highly, highly reccomend them because I can honestly say I love our photos from all three photo sessions.

Stacy · Married on 10/14/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE our photographers. Mike was amazing and got along so well with my husband. They talked sports (football) the whole engagment shoot which put my husband at ease. It was amazing. They were on time and made sure people were where they needed to be. They spent extra time with us and made us feel so special. They are amazing couple. Courtney rocked. She was good at being the diva we needed her to be in order to pull our group together. Thank you Courtney and Mike for all the work you did and make our day so special. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Marianne · Married on 10/01/2011

It has taken me some time to find a moment to write the review that Mike and Courtney deserve. \r\n\r\nI will start by saying that I initially planned on a friend doing my photography, but started having nightmares about hating my photos because her style and technical ability was just not matching up. I did a LOT of research, finally landing on the blog of Mike L. Photography. I was quite impressed and felt that their photos really conveyed the emotion and excitement of a wedding day. I FELT the connection they had with everyone in the photos. \r\n\r\nFortunately for me, they were available on our wedding date! I was so relieved that these talented photographers would be a part of our day. Courtney was amazing with communicating, and emails always came quick with ALL my questions answered. Courtney managed to build a great relationship with me via email (which is not an easy task!) and I felt incredibly comfortable with her, even though we had never met. \r\n\r\nThat changed about a week before the wedding. We decided to meet up for dinner after work, and it was like meeting up with old friends. We had SO much in common and formed an instant friendship. I remember leaving thinking that I made THE BEST decision of our wedding by hiring them. \r\n\r\nThe day of our wedding I had zero stress about our photography. I knew it would all be perfect, and I left everything up to Mike and Courtney. We had a challenging wedding day, with a 2PM (bright sun!) ceremony by a lake, followed by our reception in a private nightclub that is all glass on 3 sides. We were in this space while the sun was up, and as it gradually went down, and at night. This meant that they had to be extremely quick with adjustments and lighting as it was changing every 5 minutes. \r\n\r\nMike and Courtney handled everything with ease, and my photos show that. The lighting is perfect, everything was covered (no parts of my wedding are missing!) and I could not be happier. \r\n\r\nWe also had a photobooth (which was booked before Mike and Courtney, so it was not their service). When that company was late setting up, before I even knew what was going on, Courtney was on the phone with her mom asking her to bring all of THEIR photobooth supplies. We ended up not needing it, but Courtney taking the initiative really showed how much she cared about our wedding. \r\n\r\nThank you again to Mike and Courtney for making our wedding day amazing and memorable. We have since met up for dinner again (to get our adorable custom photo USB!) and I have a feeling that our friendship will continue to grow. Courtney and I are already making plans for a trash the dress at a local vineyard!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2011

Mike and Courtney are AMAZING!!! When I e-mailed I dealt mostly with Courtney and she was awesome with responding to e-mails, which was awesome for us since we were planning our wedding from the other side of the states.
    The day of the wedding they showed up right on time and took some amazing shots of the ceremony. They then did some formal pictures with the families. And a big group shot by the pool, which was awesome! One of our friends ended up jumping in the pool, and I am so glad that we will have the pictures of that!!!!
    After that they set up there photobooth, which was so much FUN!!! I am so glad that we got the photobooth it was a HUGE hit with all of our guests!!! The quality of the pictures is what sold me on there photobooth. Yeah you don't get them right then but trust me it is totally worth the wait!!
    A couple days after the wedding we did a TTD shot at the neon museum, and a sweet car we rented. They were awesome for everything! I had so much fun with the TTD shoot. The pictures they got are amazing!
    I am already trying to talk the husband into going back and taking more TTD photos. Not only were the pictures amazing they were amazing to work with.