Mike Davis Trio Reviews

44 | Traverse City, MI

44 Reviews for Mike Davis Trio

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2013

We had the Mike Davis Trio perform our ceremony music as well as jazz during our cocktail hour. They are incredibly talented and easy to work with. Many of our guests commented on the fabulous music! I would highly recommend the Mike Davis Trio for your wedding!

Sent on 08/12/2013

The Mike Davis Trio did an amazing job for our wedding and cocktail hour!! There were alot people talking about how it really blended well with the wedding and made it feel very classy!!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Mike and his trio were a wonderful and memorable addition to our wedding day!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Absolutely excellent performance enjoyed by all in attendance. Very reasonably priced and great to work with.

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2012

Mike Davis Trio put the extra touch I needed to my ceremony on the beach! They were on time set up and ready to go before the guests arrived they sounded beautiful. The whole experience was everything I dreamed and more!

Gayle · Married on 06/23/2012

Thank you so much for your services for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Your music is beautifully performed and we appreciated your cooperation in performing favorite selections that were not in your repertoire. We truly enjoyed having you be a part of our event. Thank you!

Sent on 11/19/2012

The Mike Davis Trio provided great music for our cocktail hour and reception. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Allison · Married on 07/06/2018

Mike Davis Trio was amazing! I only wish I could have heard more of the music. They played while my guests were arriving and during the ceremony. They did a great job on the two songs I requested they learn as well!

Sent on 07/12/2018

The Mike Davis Trio was very professional, included extremely talented musicians, and were a fantastic addition to my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I would recommend them very highly!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2012

I had the Mike Davis duo during our cocktail and dinner hours and they were great! People were dancing during dinner and the little kids were loving to twirl to the jazzy beats :) They added something really special to our day and we are very grateful!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Beautiful musicians! Very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Katherine · Married on 09/08/2012

We used the classical duo and jazz duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour. After a bit of wrangling over terms - as Mike Davis is truly a musician, and expects specificity and certain terms - we were so pleased with the final result. He worked with my sister, a professional singer, to accompany her solos, and also played so beautifully during our bridal party procession. The duo arrived on time and were incredibly professional. The music during cocktail hour was elegant and seamless. A great choice.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Erica · Married on 05/24/2009

All of our guests absolutely loved the band. They were very easy to work with and really made the evening special!

Sent on 07/31/2009

Aurora · Married on 08/21/2010

3.5

The Mike Davis Trio were absolutely wonderful. They were nice, professional, easy to work with and sounded lovely. They played classical music for my ceremony and then switched out instruments to play as a Jazz ensemble for my cocktail hour. I highly recommend these guys.

Sent on 10/08/2010

julie · Married on 06/30/2018

We hired the Mike Davis Trio for our wedding at Shanty Creek In June, 2018. They were very easy to work with during the planning phase and were very responsive through email and phone calls. Our guests commented on how good they sounded throughout the night. They played their music throughout the appetizers and dinner and we suggested songs for the beginning and end of the ceremony that they played for us. During the dancing portion, we wanted them to play some popular line dance songs from our Ipad playlist which they had no problem doing at all. They also made announcements as needed throughout the night. Thank you for a really great evening!!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Al · Married on 07/12/2014

The Mike Davis Trio did a terrific job at my wedding. I contacted Mike approximately 2-3 months for my wedding and we talked 2-3 times and extended 5-6 e-mails to work out the details. I felt very comfortable signing the contract and paying in advance and the Trio performed as he said they would. I requested one specific song that they play that they had not played before and it sounded wonderful. They were on time and setup in advance to test their equipment and then moved their instruments to play for the outdoor ceremony. During the reception and dinner, their music was not loud and over-bearing . . . and you could still have a good conversation with others without having to raise your voice. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 10/29/2014

4.2
      3.5

We had the Mike Trio band at our vineyard wedding this past June and my husband and I were really happy with their performance. They arrived on time, needed no direction from me, set up on their own, sound volume was just right, and played both classical (for our ceremony), and jazz (for our reception) without a hitch. They also played a few jazz songs I mentioned I liked that weren't on their list. They were also flexible in letting us hook up to their speakers a mp3 to play a downloaded country song for the father-daughter dance. I would recommend them to anyone looking for live classical or jazz for their wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/11/2010

3.6
      2.5

Did a very nice job performing for ceremony and cocktail hour. Music was beautiful! Prices were VERY expensive for a trio for the ceremony and a duo for cocktail hour. Paid about $250+/hour. Very nice for cocktail hour and ceremony but wouldn't recommend using for an entire reception- told us he does not like to make announcements, etc., so we ended up paying more to book a DJ anyway. Also, we booked them in July, our wedding was not until the following September, we changed our mind of some of the elements- we didn't want an iPod anymore and also wanted just for ceremony, so we'd be cutting down the time and cost but still wanted him to do the ceremony. Vendor would not change agreement and only went down on the price $50 even though he was able to leave at 8 pm instead of 12 am. Argued with us about the "signed contract", which most vendors (if it was over a year ahead of time and we wanted to do changes) were glad to do them for us. (Most of our vendors allowed changes up to 30 days ahead of the event.) Did however agree to come at 4:30 pm instead of 5 pm (which was the time the wedding was supposed to start). Was very courteous after we got the dispute straightened out and after I agreed to pay full amount.

Sent on 11/12/2010

1.0

They sound way weaker in person than their samples online. They only played a handful of songs and when I mentioned it to Mike at the end of the night he said "believe me we played a lot my cheeks hurt and don't forget to like us on eventwire". I wasn't going to argue on my wedding night. They were provided a meal per our contract but they also helped themselves to appetizers which I was shocked by. One of them actually walked in to where we were dining to get more appetizers! For almost two hours there was no music. I guess that's when they were socializing with our photographer, eat appetizers, and then eating dinner. Very disappointing because I really looked forward to having them. I really want some of my money back because I paid them a lot of money for nothing!

Sent on 10/25/2014