143 Reviews for Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting

Microphones (21)
One Event Per Day (14)
Uplighting (12)
Liability Insurance (4)

Mike was a joy to work with from the beginning. You can tell he's been doing this for years and he's very professional. Everyone had fun, enjoyed themselves and danced the whole night. The lighting was beautiful, everything was timed perfectly from the ceremony to the first dance and the parent dances. We couldn't have asked for better :) I highly recommend Mike's DJ services for your special occasion

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was the DJ for our wedding a few weeks ago. Mike was our first vendor and we hired him immediately after speaking to him for 10 minutes and we didn't regret it for even a second! He did an outstanding job - the music sounded great and there was great variety and flow to the music. Mike also served as emcee and provided uplighting which was also superb. More than anything, Mike is a truly class act and his warmth, good humor and wisdom were hugely appreciated both on wedding day and before. Mike has hundreds of good reviews and for good reason. If you need a DJ and uplighting, look no further. Thank you again Mike!!

Profile Picture Marc, 11/19/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Mike came recommended to us from a couple of friends and was the 2nd DJ we "interviewed." After meeting with him, we immediately knew we had our DJ. He was unbelievably friendly and his confidence in his own abilities was incredibly reassuring.
As the wedding drew closer, we gave Mike a list of songs that we knew we wanted to hear during the reception. The rest we left up to him based on his experience. I highly advise you to do this too. Mike is the consummate professional and knows what he's doing up there. Let Mike do what he does best and you will have your party of a lifetime. At the time of writing this review, we are over a week removed from our wedding and I'm still receiving texts from family, friends, and even our other vendors (!) commenting on what a fun party our wedding was and I have to give credit to Mike for setting the tone!
Hiring Mike will be the best decision you make and I guarantee there are no better DJ's out there! I would hire Mike again in a heartbeat and will be recommending him to all of my friends in the future.

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike was fantastic in our wedding, he played music for all tastes even when our wedding was multicultural Mike had music for everybody. He is such nice nice person, kind and he replied all our questions and concerns in very short time. He makes you feel really comfortable and for me that was really important because I had many concerns about the party ( who wants a boring wedding?) And he gave me a lot of confidence and tranquility that everything would be fine and it was! He is a great dj and he did an awesome work with the uplighting and he worked very well with the other vendors. I recommend Mike 100% and I am sure you will not have any regrets!

Thank you Mike!!!!

Profile Picture Khirstine, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Mike was our DJ for our October wedding in Alexandria, VA. If you want a party, Mike Blaufeld is your guy! He knows how to keep people on the dance floor without the cheesy antics of most wedding DJs. We had the perfect mix of classics with today's hits to keep people dancing until the last song. We also used his uplighting service which completely transformed the ballroom space into a beautiful romantic setting. Highly recommend him without any hesitation!

Profile Picture Jane, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike was the best! Everyone at our wedding had a great time and he kept the dance floor packed all night. Even my Grandma danced for most of the night. He had great mixes of all of your favorite songs, was accommodating when we asked him to play some cultural songs and required little to no guidance. We gave him a general idea of what we wanted and told him to play what he thought would be best, and we were not disappointed. I would highly recommend Mike!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Mike was awesome! He deeply cares about his work, and he made sure to make the music at our wedding just what we asked for. He met with us in person and over the phone a few times beforehand to go over any questions, give recommendations, and make sure we understood the flow of the evening. He really knows how to read the crowd, too. He knew just what to play based on what was going on in the room. We had excellent peace of mind going into the wedding that we had absolutely nothing to worry about with DJ Mike Blaufeld. He is extremely professional and did an excellent job with our reception introductions, emceeing, and music selection throughout the reception.

Profile Picture User6747989, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

You have to book with Mike. I love him he is like a part of the family now, he did my moms wedding and he also did mine. I can't even express how helpful, kind and accommodating Mike is. I knew that if i had questions or was nervous or confused about something I could call him or email him day or night and he would get back to me ASAP with the answers and calming words. Mike took so much time to sit with us and make sure we were going to get everything that we wanted on our big day and he really delivered! The night ran smoothly thanks to him and the dance floor never died because he can really read the room and know what people want and what they will enjoy hearing and dancing to!

Book him...seriously you will not regret it. I am also saying this as a truly harsh reviewer of most things.

Profile Picture Maddie, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

When we got engaged, the first vendor we booked was the DJ! Having our wedding be a party and everyone up and dancing during the reception was super important to us! Mike was absolutely phenomenal in every way. He was the most responsive of all our vendors (he answered emails within seconds sometimes!) and was very caring, patient, and enthusiastic throughout the whole planning process. He gave great suggestions for things I would have never thought of, like what time to fade out the parent dances and if we did or didn't need mics for the officiant and string quartet. The best part was ALL our guests were up and dancing on the dance floor! Even my 80 year old grandmother! It was more than we could have asked for and we couldn't be happier. THANK YOU Mike for over-delivering and making our wedding reception the party we dreamed it would be!!!!

Profile Picture Ally, 5/28/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I was referred to Mike by a friend who had gotten married and there is no doubt why he's so highly rated. From our initial contact to our wedding day on May 6th, 2017, Mike was very responsive and gave us great input. Not only did he guide us through our timeline, he was there to guide us through our wedding day (along with our planner) by giving us a quick heads up for each step throughout. The day really does go fast but he helped us cover everything that was important to us. He helped with song selections and helped me find the perfect version of the song I used for my (bridal) processional. We are a couple in our 40s with older, mostly married guests and he really tailored everything to us and our guests. He suggested we do an Anniversary Dance and days later we were still hearing how much guests enjoyed it. Our guests also mentioned how easy he was to approach and took requests. If you are looking for a dedicated DJ you can't go wrong with Mike.

Profile Picture Liana, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

It was truly a pleasure working with Mike. We interviewed multiple DJs before we spoke with Mike and we immediately got a good vibe from him that we really liked. In addition to liking his style as a DJ, we appreciated that he is willing to help with wedding planning as well. He gave us input on multiple iterations of our timeline and even offered to make it for us from scratch if we wanted. He’s also very organized and has a very helpful planning form that he helped us fill out. He gave us some great suggestions for our ceremony music and other key songs throughout the night since we didn’t really know where to start (first dance, cake cutting, etc). He was always very responsive to emails and was overall very easy to work with leading up to the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, he delivered just as he had described in our first meeting. The ceremony music was very good and we received multiple compliments about it. When the dance floor opened, he started with some oldies to get the older guests involved and smoothly worked his way up to newer music. He had really good transitions between songs and there was a good rhythm going from one song to the next. We’ve been to weddings where the combination of songs feels random and it definitely makes the dance floor lose energy. That was never the case with Mike as he kept the dance floor packed all night and was able to keep multiple generations happy throughout. He was really good at reading the crowd, and my parents said they really appreciated that he played music that they enjoyed dancing to. My wife and I really appreciated that he adhered to our do not play list even though I know some of my friends were trying hard to get him to play one song from it. We also appreciated that he did all the necessary announcements, but never got on the mic just for the sake of talking.

Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our experience working with Mike, and we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Greg, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Mike was an AMAZING DJ for our 3-31-17 wedding! We couldn't have asked for anyone better. One of the most nerve wrecking parts of wedding planning is picking a DJ but I promise you, if you choose Mike, you will feel nothing but confidence and happiness! He was with us every step of the way and even had a timeline of the nights events which was an incredible relief for me as a stressed out bride. Pick Mike - you won't regret it!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down the BEST wedding DJ in the DMV. Our wedding venue, the Kimpton Morrison House, recommended him since he is familiar with the space and is so experienced. DJ Mike is the best wedding DJ out there and definitely worth every penny! He is very professional and takes pride in his trade. He made a detailed timeline and basically ran the event. Because DJ mike was organized and professional, I did not need to hire a separate wedding planner/coordinator. I had a small wedding with 55 guests and initially had a fear that my reception would be boring or that people would not dance. EVERYBODY danced.. the whole night. Ermahgawd- It was so much fun! We decided to get the uplighting for the ceremony and reception- it was totally worth the cost. The ceremony uplighting was soft natural light that set a classy ambiance without the need for any other pricey decorations. The uplighting for the dinner was also soft and natural (candlelight). Then once it was time for dancing, the lighting changed and it was like a night club the rest of the evening. So many of my guests said they loved the DJ and had so much fun dancing! We definitely created some unforgettable memories thanks to DJ Mike!

Profile Picture Jeannie, 11/11/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I loved working with our DJ, Mike. He was very personable and easy to work with through the whole process. We first spoke on the phone about the venue and type of music that we liked. We then met in person to go over song choices and wedding details. He provided all of the mics and equipment for our ceremony and then played all of our music choices for our reception. He kept our guests dancing the whole time and we are so happy we had Mike for our wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/10/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. He was kind, professional, and extremely helpful during the process of planning our wedding. You can tell that he is very passionate about what he does, which is always great to see. The dance floor at our wedding was packed the entire time and everybody was raving about how much they enjoyed the music. He also offered up lighting services which add a really nice touch! Go with Mike if you're in need of a DJ and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User7177935, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

There's a reason DJ Mike has 5 stars--he is the best! I was looking for an independent DJ, I didn't want to go with a company and have someone randomly assigned to me. I knew from the first conversation that Mike was the perfect fit for the type of party I wanted. He was always responsive, and sat down with my fiance and I to plan out the timeline and go over the songs we wanted to hear. He did a great job of playing softer music for cocktail hour and dinner and then building up to dance music. There was never a moment where people were not dancing. He mixed in Unchained Melody, and it was so touching to see some of the older relatives dancing with their spouses like they were teenagers. Go with DJ Mike, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kassi, 8/20/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

My fiancé and I booked Mike as the D.J. for our wedding this past July 16th. From the minute that we met with him in the summer of 2015, we knew that we'd made the perfect choice. Throughout our wedding planning, Mike was consistently the most organized and responsive of all of my vendors. No stone was left unturned in our pre-wedding meetings and he helped us to remember to discuss every possible detail related to our ceremony music, the reception timeline, and the reception music.

On the day of the wedding itself, Mike arrived and set up early, was ready to consult with our officiant and our readers, and was in the right place at the right time throughout the entire event. (It helped tremendously that he'd worked with our officiant and photographers before!) A microphone was seamlessly available whenever it was needed and he worked perfectly with my day-of coordinator to make sure that the events of the evening transitioned smoothly.

Last but certainly not least, Mike completely understood what we and our guests wanted in terms of music. He paid attention to what got people on the floor and was respectful of our Please Play and our Please Don't Play list. His expertise ensured that the evening was a complete success and a party to remember. I can't recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

From the initial conversation with Mike, I knew he was the wedding DJ for my husband and I! From the very start, he was very efficient, responsive and gave recommendations/suggestions as needed. That was SUPER helpful and made the whole process easier and stress free. Not to mention he has a great personality and really strives to create the atmosphere that we desired on such an important day. And that he did!
We used Mike's services for both the ceremony music and reception music. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and he did a wonderful job incorporating our music choices and it really set the tone. As far as the reception went, he truly knew how to engage the crowd and kept the party going all night. He was also on top of our timeline and would approach my husband and I when it was time for the next event. That was so helpful as it was so easy to lose track of time with all the excitement.
My husband, guests and I all had a blast and will truly never forget such a special day. I could not recommend Mike's services enough!

Profile Picture User6576931, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Amazing! I was a very needy bride and he would answer every email and phone call immediately. He made me feel so ready and confident in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Our wedding was SO MUCH FUN! Everyone was up and dancing the entire time. So many people during and after the wedding told us how much they loved the music and enjoyed themselves. Mike is the best!

Profile Picture User4773742, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was outstanding. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have had Mike at our wedding. We are pretty simple people and didn't want to over splurge on anything, but we knew that the the DJ can seriously make or break a wedding. After reading previous reviews and meeting with mike we felt confident in hiring him. We didn't know just how awesome he would make our wedding day. We have received countless comments on how awesome the day was with a great tribute to the DJ. Most of the night, literally everybody (4 years old to 85) were dancing on the floor. It was incredible. Not only did he help by being an incredible DJ, but he also helped to coordinate our day, came to a venue appointment with us to check out the space (which we felt was above and beyond anything we expected), and gave us great advice throughout planning. Thank you, Mike! You will forever hold a place in our hearts!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When my husband and I were searching for a DJ for our wedding reception this May, my husband found Mike Blaufeld online on Wedding Wire. He was exceptionally professional, kind, and prompt with email responses. He met in person twice with us, once to discuss what he was able to do for us, and once we chose him, a second time to figure out the details for the reception. He did a wonderful job with the uplighting and the music at the reception. The dance floor was full of happy guests all the way to the end of the reception. He truly can read a crowd well and made our night magical! Thank you for everything, Mike! We appreciate everything you did to make our day a phenomenal experience!

Profile Picture Maria, 5/7/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Mike was beyond great. He made our daughter and her future husband feel like the most important people he has ever worked with. Mike was professional and the day of the event went off like clockwork. He set the right mood and kept people on the dance floor all night long. I would highly recommend Mike for any wedding in the dc area. What a great part to the wedding.

Profile Picture Tim, 4/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

Mike was the glue that held our wedding together all night long! Mike was the best choice for us - he was so organized, super friendly, and on top of everything. I met with him several times and he was in constant communication with me regarding the wedding. The night of, Mike did not only act as our DJ, he helped us with any issues we had with our venue, the staff, and the timeline. He checked in with us several times throughout the night. We felt very well taken care of. Furthermore, Mike's music mix was perfection! He played all of the songs I had requested and added in many, many more that fit with our "vision!" I have never seen a wedding where every single guest was on the dance floor the entire evening. His professionalism, positive energy, and enthusiasm was the perfect choice for our wedding!

Profile Picture Eleanor, 4/16/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mike was worth every penny! We wanted a DJ that knows what they are doing and can read a crowd appropriately. He promised us he would keep the dance floor packed and he delivered! (We had a 5 hour reception and at no point was the dance floor empty). DJ Mike is very professional and really knows what he is doing. He kept the timeline of our reception in perfect check. The up lighting he provided at our venue and his sound system were great! Throughout all of our interactions with Mike he left us with no worries at all about what he would provide and that it would be great. He will take you through the entire reception timeline and make sure he understands what you want and how it should flow. He knows weddings well and can provide advice when you need it. We highly recommend Mike if you want to pick a DJ and not have to worry about what you will get!

Profile Picture David, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews