Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting Reviews

156 | Rockville, MD

156 Reviews for Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting

Marcy · Married on 05/26/2013

Mike provided fabulous services and thoughtful preparation and reassurances along the way, for our daughter's wedding last weekend. He was very accessible - prompt replies to phone and emails, and was very courteous no matter how many times we contacted him. He helped us keep a flash mob dance a secret from the bride and groom and it came off perfectly. He was flexible all along, and took into account all of our requests. At the reception he did a great job of adjusting when we got behind schedule and came up with a good plan that got the audience plenty of good dance time. He read the crowd and adjusted his music - mix of older and newer; faster and slower - kept the dance floor full and hopping. We had a blast! Many of our guests specifically commented on what a great job Mike did.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Mike · Married on 05/11/2013

Mike Blaufield is the reason why our wedding reception was such a roaring success. If the amazing time *we* had at our reception hadn't been enough to convince us, the dozens of guests who couldn't stop talking about him afterward would have clenched it.

Our one goal for our wedding reception was to keep the dance floor hopping. My wife and I had been to enough weddings to realize that this was often a challenge.

Our first meeting with Mike was a breath of fresh air and we quickly realized this wasn't his first time to the rodeo. First he suggested a schedule of reception events that worked great for our venue and took a lot planning off our plate. Next, he presented his philosophy on the dancing: that a DJ has to craft the night to the pulse of the crowd. That the DJ will know as the mood of the floor changes and how to keep people dancing and having a great time.

This is EXACTLY what my wife and I wanted to hear. Any DJ can walk in with an iPod playlist. After requesting a couple "must have" songs for Mike to blend in, we went with our gut feeling which was, "let's let Mike do what Mike does."

True to form, Mike completely adapted to the dance environment. There was so much dancing that sometimes it would start getting a little too hot in the room. Mike then threw in just enough slow songs to give people a chance to cool down so they would jump up for the next irresistible song. Some of our guests noted how solid the song selection was, there weren't so many hits that it was cheesy but almost every song was a *great* song that you wanted to dance to.

Choosing Mike was the best decision we could have made! Every comment that we have received from friends and family has been how the reception was an absolute blast! My father summed it up best, "God damn, that guy is an artist!"

We can not recommend Mike Blaufield enough! He's a great guy, with years of experience, that will throw you one hell of a party!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Kate · Married on 04/20/2013

Mike is PHENOMENAL!! From start to finish, Mike is a true professional and a dream to work with. Leading up to the big day, he was incredibly proactive in setting up the timeline for our reception, helping us pick out songs, and making sure everything from versions of songs to pronunciations were correct. On the actual day, he took things to the next level, creating the perfect atmosphere at our reception. I started hearing how great he was during the cocktail reception and the rave reviews are still coming more than two weeks after the wedding. He was flexible with some VERY last minute changes and kept the party going until the very last minute. Everyone, from our 2 years old niece and nephew to our 75 years old uncle, had a GREAT time.

My biggest piece of advice to couples is to just let him do his job without giving him a long list of required songs. He is an expert at reading the crowd and knows exactly what is needed to get people up and dancing!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Kevin · Married on 02/02/2013

Mike is fantastic and we would highly recommend him. Mike DJ'd our wedding; however, his work extended far beyond the wedding day. We met with Mike several times leading up to our day to discuss timelines, music and event logistics. Mike is a consummate professional with a great personality, which does not overshadow the event. He provided us a timeline for our entire reception, which was extremely helpful and became our play book for the day.

When our event ran long, Mike was generous with his time and stuck around ensuring all our guests had a fantastic time. You cannot go wrong with Mike and his participation and assistance resulted in a fantastic wedding we'll never forget. Hire Mike, you cannot go wrong.

Sent on 02/19/2013
  • F

Fan · Married on 12/08/2012

Mike was fantastic!!!! Extremely professional and responsive. From the first time we met him, we could sense that he was passionate about his work. We have received so many compliments about DJ Mike from family and friends. He kept the entire dance floor packed all night, and everyone had a great time at our wedding. The key is that he reads the crowd, there was never a dull moment. Mike not only played great music, he also acted as a coordinator. He proactively reviewed our event order weeks prior to the wedding, made recommendations based on his experience, and followed through on the wedding day to keep everything on point. I also really appreciate his flexibility to extend the party by a few songs in order to give me more time to change into another dress before the grand exit. He truly provided first class service and definitely made our night special and memorable! Needless to say that many of our guests didn't want the night to end...

Sent on 12/13/2012

Nikki · Married on 12/01/2012

DJ Mike is everything you want in a DJ - professional, not cheesy, and (most importantly) he plays the music you and your guests want to hear. Mike had our dance floor packed from 8-11pm, and the guests weren't ready to leave! He does a great job of understanding what songs are going to keep people on the dance floor, while also mixing in a couple of slow songs. He also tastefully mixes in the songs that every generation will want to dance to. I am self-proclaimed DJ diva. DJs usually always dissapoint or annoy me. Not the case with Mike. I really can't say enough good things about him. If you want an unforgettable wedding reception, book Mike!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/17/2012

DJ Mike had our dance floor packed the entire night of our wedding. He has an uncanny ability to read the crowd and know exactly what they want to hear/dance to. He is everything you could want in a wedding dj—and from the first time we met him, we knew he was the perfect DJ for us! In the months/weeks leading up to the wedding, Mike was organized, responsive and excited—and in the final few weeks, he helped us craft a very detailed timeline of the day/night.

Friends and family members can’t stop raving about how wonderful Mike was; and a few of our friends have even asked for his contact info for upcoming weddings. He exceeded all of our (very high) expectations and we can’t recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Sylvie · Married on 11/10/2012

Mike is a fantastic DJ. My husband and I feel so lucky that we got Mike to DJ our wedding. We didn't use a full-time wedding coordinator and were nervous when we started to research DJs. We have been to weddings when the music was lame and no one was in the mood to dance. We are so afraid that our wedding would turn out that way.

It was the total opposite. People danced and had a great time. We had multiple people come up to us and tell us how they thought our DJ did a great job.

Mike made our reception great in so many ways. Our wedding was complicated because we had three different rooms (three large rooms) where we needed music and two rooms where we needed a microphone. Mike took care of everything at no extra charge. Everything sounded great. He has top-notch speakers.

At the very last minute, my dad changed our timeline and wanted an elder in our family to speak at the reception and Mike made the transition smooth. He walked us through the entire process and even found a French song my dad requested. We couldn't find the song but Mike found it on YouTube and recorded the song so it played during our dinner. It was amazing.

He bent over backwards to accommodate us and most importantly, he made our wedding fun. I would absolutely recommend Mike to any bride and groom who are looking for a good DJ in the DC area.

Sent on 12/24/2012

After meeting with Mike, I instantly told my fiance (now husband) we had to book him ASAP. I was 100% confident that he would be an amazing DJ. He had such a great personality! Closer to the wedding, we met with Mike and continued to exchange e-mails frequently. He was extremely attentive to details (which I loved! made my job a lot easier).

We sat with him and chatted over the phone and went over phonetically, the names of our family and friends that would be introduced. The job was not easy (there were about 30 names that we went over) but he did such a great job! He also helped guide us with our wedding ceremony timeline. My fiance and I were clueless. We never realized how much thought and planning went into a timeline. However, Mike guided us and gave us suggestions on how to make things flow accordingly. Mike was also very accommodating to all our requests and last minute requests (there were so many!). I can't begin to tell your how many times we changed our song selections! He never complained and always made sure he had the correct artists and song title. He also never missed an e-mail and always responded in a timely manner.

On the day of the wedding, Mike exceeded all our expectations!

Not only were we impressed, but family members couldn't stop telling us how great our DJ was.

Thanks, Mike ;)

Sent on 11/13/2012

Kristin · Married on 10/20/2012

Mike was amazing! We originally decided to meet with Mike because of his highly-rated reviews online. When we met, we immediately felt confident that he would do a great job-- he is super attentive, responds so quickly to emails, and is very accommodating to any requests or issues that come up. For us, we knew that having a great party / dancing non-stop was really important and trusted Mike to make sure that happened...and you better believe, it did! We had relatives complimenting us on Mike throughout the night, including someone saying they wished they could get his playlist! The dancing went so smoothly-- there were no awkward times at all-- continuous dancing, great flow, high energy. It was exactly what we wanted. So if you want someone who is experienced and knows how to keep the night flowing with people having a great time, Mike is for you. Worth every penny. Thanks Mike, we couldn't have asked for a better reception-- it was INCREDIBLE! :)

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2012

We booked DJ Mike for our wedding after I attended a wedding he did in 2009, where he packed the dance floor the entire night. Even after experiencing first hand what a great DJ he was, DJ Mike exceeded our expectations (which were high to begin with!). He was always prompt, professional and very helpful in his responses to our emails over the course of the year. As the wedding got closer, DJ Mike sat down with my (now) husband and I to put together a timeline for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, which turned out to be the most important document in planning for our wedding with our other vendors. I can not emphasize enough how helpful that session and timeline were for us. Mike was in charge of our ceremony music as well as our cocktail hour and reception, and everything was just fantastic. The ceremony music was well timed and the perfect volume. He provided a lapel microphone for our pastor, and a handheld microphone (on a stand) for our reader. Everything concerning the ceremony and cocktail hour was flawless. During the reception, Mike was on hand to coach our wedding party through the announcements and different speeches/toasts. Once it was time to start the party, Mike let loose and that dance floor was never empty. He had the perfect mix of classic favorites and new music. When it came time to cut the cake, our guests didn't even budge from the dance floor, which was amazing. That night would have been memorable for us anyway, but with DJ Mike in charge of the party, it was memorable for our guests too! We've gotten a lot of compliments from our friends and family about what an amazing party our reception was. DJ Mike is easily one of the best (if not THE best) in this business, and we would absolutely recommend him without any hesitation.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2012

Picking a wedding DJ can be tough - what can you really do other than go off his/her reviews and in-person meeting? You never really know what he/she will be like until the reception itself, at which point it could be too late. I picked Mike based on positive reviews and his friendly, down-to-earth personality and similar thoughts about wedding music (none of the cheesy stuff and the importance of reading the crowd.) I'm so glad I did!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Mike. His music choices were spot on - he got things started with some popular oldies/80s faves for the older guests and worked in Top 40 later in the night. When he saw that rap wasn't really working, he immediately switched back to what did. I was worried that we wouldn't have enough dancers at the wedding, but he worked his magic and kept the dance party going the entire time. He was an unobtrusive MC when needed (introducing speeches, cake cutting, etc.) and made sure things were moving on time. You can tell he takes his job seriously, as he calls a week out to review the timeline and make sure he has the bridal party names correct (which he did, and we had some verrry tough ones in there!).

I could probably nitpick one small thing for every one of my vendors that I didn't like, but not for Mike. He was wonderful, and everyone else I spoke with agreed. Trust me when I say he will be great at your wedding, too! Thanks, Mike!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Lillian · Married on 09/16/2012

Mike was one the best decisions we made for our wedding. His music suggestions for the ceremony were exceptional. He worked with us before the wedding and throughout the night of to assure everything went off without a hitch. Mike continually said that he wanted nothing more than to make sure we had the best night of our lives and to keep the party going for our guests. He accomplished that and so much more, our guests were raving about the music. The best man commented that having worked weddings in the past as a bartender, he had never seen the majority of seats empty and the dance floor filled.

I would also like to comment about what I can only define as Mike's sixth sense. He seemingly knew exactly the right songs to play at the right time and his ability to read the crowd's response to the music was impeccable. He seamlessly flowed from one song to the next so there was never any lag between a song ending and beginning.

Mike is genuinely excited to help couples have the perfect night and I can only say that it speaks volumes of him and his dedication to his craft.

Shade Trees and Evergreens, September 16th 2012. We <3 Mike!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2012

We thought that Mike did a great job! He was extremely professional throughout the entire process and made us feel completely confident that he had everything under control. As far as his actual DJ skills go he actually had to ask people to sit down to eat dinner and he kept the dance floor packed the entire night. Everyone no matter what their age had a great time and enjoyed themselves at our wedding!!! We would definitely recommend Mike for any wedding.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Erin · Married on 08/18/2012

Mike was awesome! He made our wedding night absolutely perfect! We told him that we just wanted everyone to have a great time and he delivered 110%. My friends and family had a blast at our wedding! He is very professional and courteous...just an all around great person. We had a family emergency a few weeks before the wedding and Mike was very understanding and accommodated our schedule which we greatly appreciated. We will absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Evan · Married on 07/14/2012

We really though Mike did an absolutely fantastic job. He was extremely attentive to all of our requirements and requests. He even listened when we said our parents wanted some oldies, but we weren't that into it and he played dance remixes of the songs they wanted, what a great compromise. He also did an absolutely perfect job of mixing in 90s music and current music which was what we requested. We asked him to do the sound system for the ceremony which he not only did but he even went so far as to talk to the ceremony musicians directly and test out the equipment with them on his own time. Everybody loved the DJ Mike and we could not have been more happy with him all around.

Sent on 08/20/2012

K · Married on 07/07/2012

I researched a lot of DJs and picked Mike based largely on his superb online reviews - reviews that are well-deserved as it turns out. While planning the wedding, Mike was very responsive and helpful. He met with us about a month before and put together a very comprehensive timeline. We had a lot of questions (and changed minds) about different songs/events but he worked with us through it all. He really went above and beyond. Our hotel coordinator actually mentioned that Mike had asked a lot of smart questions and been very professional and engaged, determined to do a great job for us.

At the wedding, he handled the ceremony sound and the reception music. He did an amazing job! The dance floor was packed the whole time. He did an incredible job at reading the crowd and playing fun songs. No one wanted to leave the dancefloor to even get a drink! Many, many people commented on what a great DJ he was. He may be one of the best in the business. If I had to do it again tomorrow, I would not hesitate to hire Mike again. He really made our wedding so much fun and i could not be happier with his services.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2012

DJ Mike is so unbelievably incredible! As a wedding coordinator myself, I worked with Mike for a wedding in 2010 and I was so impressed by his dedication and professionalism (not to mention his ability to create an amazing dance party!) that I was determined he DJ our wedding this summer!

I had seen DJ Mike at work, so I knew to expect the best; however, my husband and I are blown away by what a fantastic time ALL of our friends and family had during the reception! The majority of our guests were college friends that we expected to tear up the dance floor, but what really warmed our hearts was seeing our aunts, uncles, and cousins dancing the night away! That really is a testament to DJ Mike and his amazing ability to read the crowd.

All of our parents' friends raved over the dinner music – well-selected background music that was the perfect volume and was noticeable, enjoyable, and memorable.

None of our friends could believe the end of the night crept up so quickly. Everyone had such a good time that we blinked our eyes and it was 12:30 AM!

DJ Mike was incredibly committed to making our day perfect, taking copious notes during our in-person meeting and confirming details via email. He more than delivered in making our day perfection.

The night was so incredible that one of our recently engaged friends at the wedding was convinced she has to have DJ Mike for her wedding next summer in Charlottesville!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! DJ Mike, you are the absolute best!!

Sent on 08/01/2012
  • F

Flannery · Married on 06/23/2012

DJ Mike Blaufeld is the BEST!!! He was incredible to work with and made everything so wonderful and easy for us! He helped to make our wedding day perfect; we had the best time and our guests raved about DJ Mike! He helped to make our wedding day The best day of our lives; we could not have asked for a better DJ!!!

Flannery

Sent on 07/25/2012

Ed · Married on 06/22/2012

We hired Mike because we had a lot of fun at a friend's wedding he did. And he did another great job at our wedding.
    Mike is very professional. He was responsive to all of our questions/concerns. He met with us to go over the music we liked and his suggestions (and he played all of our requests and his suggestions worked out wonderfully. He even sent us the songs we wanted for first dances to make sure they were correct). And he met with us again on-site to go over set up locations. Mike has plenty of equipment, and much of it wireless, and as a result he was able to set up in multiple spaces, inside and outside, without having a bunch of cords and wires running everywhere.
    Mike also played a great variety of music that had guests young and old dancing the whole night. It was a very fun wedding in large part thanks to Mike. Mike treated our wedding like it was special event and not just another wedding for him. I sincerely think his priority was to make sure we had the wedding we wanted. I strongly recommend Mike for future events.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Peter · Married on 06/16/2012

DJ Mike was the perfect choice for our wedding, from start to finish he put us at ease and in the end delivered a party that our guests are still raving about. We had spoken with about 8 other DJs in the area before booking with Mike, and found his approach and professionalism to be top notch. By working with Mike it was nice to know that you would be working with him on the day of the wedding and not some associate that a parent company hired out. As a result of that, he could really get to know you as a person and personalize the experience for you. And not only was Mike extremely professional throughout all of this, he is one of the nicest human beings you will meet. Seriously, he is just an awesome guy!

Planning a wedding can be hectic and stressful at times, but of all the vendors that we dealt with, Mike was the one that we never had to worry about. And the product that he produced, the sound/music for the ceremony and reception, far exceeded our expectations. The dance floor was packed with people all night long. Instead of having to submit a long list of songs we wanted played throughout the evening, Mike reads the crowd and keeps everyone involved. His transitions from one song to the next were seamless and made sure that there was never a dull moment at the party. Simply put, Mike was the best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding and in my opinion was an irreplaceable element of our wedding, Mike was absolutely perfect for our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Mary · Married on 05/05/2012

Let me start off by saying that me and my husband are not party people. Our idea of a wild night is staying up until 10PM playing board games and drinking beers. We were faced with the problem of not having a single clue as to how to plan any sort of celebration that involved more than five people, and had absolutely no clue as to how to get people up and dancing. We met with DJ Mike and told him that we needed a DJ who could read a crowd and keep them dancing all night long. Mike assured us he could do that, and let me tell you what; he exceeded even our wildest expectations!

Our crowd started dancing early and ended late! People who I would have bet money to stayed glued to their seats the entire night were up dancing and having the time of their lives! When the time came for the final song, everyone on the dance floor whined and moaned, because they wanted to keep on dancing!

DJ Mike was absolutely awesome to work with! He went over the details thoroughly for ceremony cues, just to make sure that everything went exactly the way I wanted. He even called me up the week before the wedding to confirm pronunciation of all the names of my wedding party! And since I didn't have a wedding planner, he helped me come up with a timeline for the evening!

There is no way that a friend manning an iPod could even come close to comparing to the level of entertainment DJ Mike can bring to an event. My advice: Book him early and you won't have to worry about your wedding music!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Amanda · Married on 04/22/2012

Mike was AMAZING and far exceeded our expectations. We had been referred to him from my mom, who had heard of him thru a coworker who had used him for her daughter's wedding. While I was slightly skeptical of this friend of a friend method, I decided to set up a visit and was immediately blown away by his commitment to his job.
    From verifying all of our special songs to double checking names (and pronouncements) of our bridal party he made sure that everything about our day was perfect.
    The moment our first dance ended our dance floor was rushed with all our guests, and the vast majority of them stayed there until the last dance. He was able to read the mood of our guests and kept playing the music to keep them on the dance floor. Mike was also able to fit our requested songs in and in such a way that they fit with what was going on and didn't seem out of place.
    Mike could easily charge more money for his services and still be a bargain, he cares about the couples he is working with and is more than "just" a DJ.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Danielle · Married on 04/14/2012

Mike was the most incredible DJ we could have imagined working with. From start to finish - he was extremely responsive and willing to help us in any way that he could. He helped to make our ceremony and reception go perfectly. He was very flexible and listened to every idea we had for the music that we played at the reception. With a young (mostly 20-somethings) reception, Mike kept our guests dancing all night. There are not enough words to show how highly I recommend using Mike. He was truly a pleasure to have as our DJ and we feel so blessed he was apart of our wedding day.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2012

WE LOVED MIKE!! We had an intimate wedding (70ish people) at a downtown DC hotel, and I am sooo glad we were able to find Mike. He was very easy to work with, had great suggestions and he did an amazing job from ceremony to reception. He was one of the first to be there at the wedding location to get the sound system up, and despite our unique requests for songs, he would make sure he had the correct version, share his thoughts about them, accommodate any last minute changes etc. The sound system that he had was amazing as well - the sound was very clear and I loved it. Aside from the ceremony music and the first/last dance songs, we didn't provide any specific song lists, but Mike did a wonderful job making everyone sing along and dance to the songs. It's not as common to get compliments about song choices, DJ and music in general, I don't think, but we got a lot of them. They were asking us how we found the DJ. ;)

Thanks so much, Mike. We're so grateful to have had you there.

Sent on 04/01/2012