Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting Reviews

156 | Rockville, MD

156 Reviews for Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2015

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed working with Mike. From the first time we spoke at my consultation call he made me feel at ease and that using him for our wedding was the right choice. He was very personable yet professional. He is so responsive and answered any and all of my questions within hours of me firing off an email. He went above and beyond by helping me with my wedding day timeline. Most importantly he did a great job at our wedding! I had guests telling me that they loved his music selection and by the amount of people on the dance floor, knew they were enjoying themselves. If you are looking for a DJ who will go above and beyond for you Mike is your guy!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/03/2015

Mike was the DJ for our wedding back in May and we must say he was phenomenal! We had a complex playlist with a mix of obscure indie rock, old school classics and modern day hits. Mike took the time to meet with us, understand what we wanted, and deliver an amazing wedding day experience. We are still receiving complements from our guests as to how great the mix was. And it was a real mix! Songs blended seamlessly into one another, and kept pace with the mood of the crowd. We had one guest exclaim “You hired a REAL DJ!” There were none of those tacky, gimmicky wedding songs (YMCA, Chicken Dance) and if we had a request he was able to accommodate. Our set up was not simple. We had the ceremony and reception outdoors and dinner and dancing indoors. Mike provided great equipment (speakers, mics and up-lights) and the sound quality was excellent. If you can, I would highly recommend the up-lighting. It really brought a nice touch of fun and elegance to the atmosphere. Bottom line: Mike is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. If you hire him you and your quests are going to have an amazing time. Thanks Mike for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Barbara · Married on 05/02/2015

Mike was exceptional at my daughter's wedding. From the music provided during the ceremony, throughout dinner, and especially the dancing was absolutely fantastic. Mike really knows how to read a crowd. There were guests dancing who I never even knew they danced! Mike was very professional. I highly recommend him. He is the best!!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2015

Mike was an amazing DJ. His communication was unlike any vendor I've worked with - always prompt with responses and provided lots of great detail and always answered my questions. At the wedding, he was early and looked professional. The sound was perfect - our guests could hear everything during the ceremony, and during the reception, the music wasn't too loud, which sadly I've experienced at a few weddings. The music was GREAT. The mixes were really fun, and the music was upbeat when it needed to be, and slower when our guests needed a break. The music really "made" the evening, and we would recommend Mike to anyone looking for an awesome DJ for their event!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Helen · Married on 03/14/2015

From our first phone conversation with Mike, we were confident that he would be perfect as our DJ. That feeling only got stronger when we met him in person! He understood what we wanted and what we didn’t want. He asked questions about details we hadn’t thought of and developed a perfect timeline. The other vendors at our reception all mentioned how great it was to work with him. Most importantly, the music was fantastic and the dance floor was never empty. It is obvious that Mike knows all types of music and he was masterful at using different types at different times (cocktail hour, dinner hour, early dancing, late night dancing). Our family and friends danced until the very last song and they all raved about what an amazing DJ Mike was. He is an expert at reading the crowd and keeping them dancing! We wanted a dance party and that is exactly what Mike gave us! We will absolutely hire Mike again if we have another celebration that calls for a DJ! Gary and Helen Wolfe

Sent on 03/23/2015

Setareh · Married on 12/13/2014

Short story: In a venue broken up by different rooms (a mansion), a crowd of very different cultures, a wide span of ages, and musical tastes- Mike had everyone dancing all night!!

Mike was a pleasure to work with from our very first consultation. My husband and I didn't have the largest budget to work with but after having been to several weddings with sub-par DJs we knew that a great DJ can make or break your wedding. With Mike, you get absolutely what you pay for and more.

A month before the wedding we met with Mike to go over the day of schedule and song requests. Mike's attention to detail is incredible. He totally helped us revamp our schedule with his knowledge of how a wedding should flow when it came to music, food, and dancing. We were working with an excellent planner so when Mike told us he could help be a "day of coordinator/MC", I didn't completely think it was necessary- we were wrong! He was spot on with every detail we requested when it came to when we wanted specific events to happen and we were able to enjoy our wedding without worrying about some detail being overlooked or feeling rushed through the events. He was discrete, reads his audience well and is incredibly professional.

My mom had a special request that we play Latin music during the reception and cocktail hour. I was a little worried because I knew Mike doesn't typically play this kind of music. He was totally open to this idea and welcomed our requests. We sent him our song requests and he did an awesome job incorporating the Latin music into our wedding.

I can't imagine having gone with anyone else! Mike is so talented at his craft but is also the kind of person and energy you want to have around you and your guests on such an important day.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Sean · Married on 11/08/2014

Mike was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. Flexible, easy to work with and open enough for some off the wall requests. Mike was professional from day one and worked very closely with us over the course of the planning stages to ensure that he was providing everything we needed.
    During the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, Mike perfectly balanced engaging the crowd and getting everyone on the dance floor while ensuring that we hit all of our scheduled marks. Speeches, cake cutting, first dance, etc., all were handled seamlessly. We rented uplights from him as well, and he was full of helpful suggestions regarding setup, the number of lights and where to best place them. It added the perfect finishing touch for the reception.
    Mike is a great guy and a great asset for any couple looking to go with a DJ for their wedding day.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Christine · Married on 09/27/2014

Our favorite vendor to work with of everyone we hired for our wedding! Extremely professional and on top of everything that needs to be done. Very easy to work with and very flexible since we have a very odd work schedules. He was able to get obscure songs that we requested. He knew exactly what we wanted and from the moment the music started people did not leave the dance floor, it was packed the entire time. People even started dancing before dinner was done and the speeches were started. We had guests even say that they normally don't like to dance at all and they were up the whole night. We had guests of all ages and every single guest we talked to commented on how great our DJ was and that he played music for every age group. Of all the weddings Ive ever been to he was by far the best. He wasn't one of those DJs that talk too much on the mic or get annoying. Our wedding was great but he made it better. We have already had friends at our wedding who are getting married ask who he was so they could use him too. Hands down the best vendor we hired (and we did not have any vendors we didn't like). I can not say enough about how amazing he was. Just let him do his thing and don't give him too many "must plays" because he definitely knows how to feel out the crowd and play what is going to keep them on the dance floor. My husband was a DJ and he absolutely loved him. Hire Mike!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Milena · Married on 09/20/2014

Mike provided both DJ and up-light services for my wedding-he did an amazing job with both! Mike gave my fiancé and I great advice on how the reception music should flow and really listened to us and our preferences. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night-Mike definitely knows how to keep a party going! He also has a large selection of wireless up-lights and the ones we chose (amber) were beautiful. Mike is an exceptionally responsive and dependable professional. He will make sure that your event is one that your guests will not forget.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Eloise · Married on 08/23/2014

Mike was by far the best part of my wedding :) From our very first meeting, it was clear he was going to be an amazing DJ. He was prompt, friendly, personable and flexible to meet our every needs. He came up with a great night-of timeline that I also gave to the wedding planner and photography so everyone was on the same page. It was so helpful to be able to have the night broken down and everyone knew what was coming up next. Mike took care of finding the best man and maid of honor for their speeches. I didn't have to do a thing and it was wonderful. Mike did an amazing job incorporating older music for my family members who are older and then as the night went on he switched to modern top 40 music to keep the younger crowd happy and on the dance floor. The floor was packed the whole night and guests raved about the music. I have been told multiple times by guests that this was the "funnest wedding they had ever been too" and I owe a lot of that to Mike. I would recommend him to anybody looking for a DJ for their wedding. Thanks again Mike!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Roxi · Married on 08/01/2014

August 1, 2014 wedding -- The one thing I remember clearly from my wedding is looking back at the tables and seeing almost NO ONE sitting. Why? Because Mike had everyone on their feet all night! One of my requests for my wedding was that I wanted everyone to be dancing the whole time and Mike definitely made that happen for us. What a phenomenal DJ! The music was on point all night. I loved that he made sure to read the crowd for each song. His transitions into new songs was amazing. My friends and family only had good things to say about the music. He played everything that my husband and I requested and even took a few requests from my friends. He was a great help in picking songs as well -- from our processional to our last song choice. He even set up an itinerary for us to follow... thank goodness! He kept the night flowing and on schedule!

I would love to use Mike again if I ever have another event! I loved every single second!!! I highly recommend him to all!

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • F

Fiorella · Married on 06/28/2014

Mike was absolutely amazing and had the dance floor packed the whole night! We really can't thank him enough and have had multiple people come up to us since saying it was the best dance party they'd been to in a while! He was in charge of our ceremony and reception music, and did both flawlessly. He has the highest quality sound equipment for indoors and outdoors, and his professionalism is superb. He was a great help in keeping the night moving smoothly, meeting with us various times in the weeks prior to nail down a timeline.

Coming from a hispanic family, we were a little worried about the fact that half of the music we wanted Mike to play would be things he had never heard before. We sent him a CD with spanish music and hoped for the best. Mike however blew us away. He has an ear for music, no matter the type, and mixed it beautifully. In fact, what was supposed to be 30 minutes of latin music quickly turned into multiple hours, as Mike mixed spanish songs with non-spanish ones to get everybody dancing continuously.

Again I can't stress enough how lucky we were to have Mike, both for his DJ abilities but also as a "day-of" coordinator, keeping the timeline running smoothly.

Sent on 09/23/2014

M · Married on 06/21/2014

Amazing DJ!!! Our dance floor was PACKED the ENTIRE night!! (No other weddings that I have attended had that many people on the dance floor ALL night long). We got loads of compliments about Mike and the song selections. Before the wedding, he was very responsive to emails and met with us a few times to go over all the details. HIGHLY recommend Mike!!!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • User4209550 · 2+ years ago

Mike was the best! We really enjoyed working with him and my guests kept telling me how much they enjoyed the music at our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Lydia · Married on 06/14/2014

Mike is a fantastic DJ. He is incredibly responsive, knowledgeable, polite, respectful, engaging, and professional. It is very clear that he takes pride in his work and will go above and beyond for his clients. Throughout the wedding planning process Mike was always proactive about scheduling meetings. He was very prompt and responsive, whether by email, over the phone, or in person. He was also very patient when working with us to develop a song selection and provided us with numerous recommendations. During the reception, Mike was essential in keeping our reception schedule on time, continually checked in with us to ensure we were on the same page, and respected all of our wishes. Mike also did a great job reading the kinds of songs our guests responded to best and keeping everyone on the dance floor, which was incredibly important to us. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. You will not regret using Mike and his services for your event!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Alex · Married on 06/07/2014

We could not have been happier with Mike's work as our DJ. He really went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly, including offering to drive out to our venue, more than an hour outside DC, just to check it out beforehand. He did a great job with his music selections and kept the dance floor full for more the three hours straight. Mike does a great job transitioning between songs so there are no breaks in the music. All of his equipment was top of the line and he had backups on hand just in case. He's very nice and was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Mike was a phenomenal DJ. As soon as we met with him we knew he was the right fit for us. We wanted to have a fun party that all of our guests could enjoy. He does a great job mixing songs together so that there are no breaks in the music. It felt like we were at an all night dance party! Everyone was on the floor dancing all night, having a great time. He was reliable, easy to work with, and very organized. We had several meet ups and conversations before the big day to make sure everything was in place. For anyone who wants an incredibly fun, talented, easy-going, professional DJ, Mike is your guy!

Sent on 05/26/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about Mike. He delivered flawless sound and music services, was professional, responsive and kept on top of all the details (so we didn't have to!). We said to each other after our wedding "not a bad party given by two introverts"! And much of the fun was due to Mike's handling of the music and flow. I would highly recommend him to any bride and groom who wants a great DJ for their event.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Sara · Married on 04/05/2014

Great DJ that kept a small intimate reception going til the very end! Very professional and knowledgeable of past and current music selections. Made the reception planning that much easier by him providing the timeline from the moment guests arrived for dinner, til the last song of the night. Highly recommended!

Sara

Sent on 04/16/2014

The DJ has full control over how fun your wedding can be and Mike was hands down the BEST DJ we could've asked for! He was so efficient and detail oriented and replied back to every email promptly. Some vendors take forever to write back which can be frustrating but not Mike- he kept track of everything so we didn't have to worry. He even called to check in the week before the wedding to review everything we discussed and confirm name pronunciations. He helped us pick ceremony songs and came up with an amazing playlist for our 80's cocktail hour. Everyone at our wedding said the music was fantastic and the party was the best they'd been to!!!! Our dance floor was NEVER EMPTY, and he knew exactly when to transition a song and could tell what our crowd wanted to hear. The best thing about Mike was he loves what he does and is beyond amazing at his job. Also, he spent so much time making sure we had the correct songs picked and the timeline accurate. He was so on point with when to fade out a song because we were so nervous about our special dances. We had exceptionally high standards for our DJ and Mike exceeded them!! If you're looking for the best party and the perfect DJ book Mike- your wedding will be unbelievably amazing!!!!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2013

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about DJ Mike!! He had the entire dance floor PACKED the whole night long! My dad came up to me on the 4th song after the dance floor opened and told me "This guy is amazing!" He 110% read my crowd perfectly and knew exactly what to play to get them dancing and then keep them dancing all night long. I loved how he mixed songs together so there was never a break in the music. Mike was so easy to work with - we met him in person as well as went back and forth over email, and then had a follow-up call the last week before the wedding. I truly appreciated his attention to detail with things like the bridal party entrance, the first dance song, and the music during dinner. He made sure my husband and I were both aware of what was coming next all night long, such as the cake cutting, mother/son and father/daughter dances, etc. He was such a pleasure to work with and I would recommend him to any brides-to-be!!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Hari · Married on 07/27/2013

After meeting with Mike Blaufeld for the first time, my then-fiancee' and I needed about 5 minutes to decide that we wanted to book him. Mike made us feel like he, as an experienced pro, would take care of everything - that he would gauge the mood of the crowd and make sure that everyone, young and old, had a good time. And that's exactly what he did! Our only rule was "no Chicken Dance!" Mike's the best; we had a great time and no complaints!
    -Hari Rao

Sent on 02/09/2014

Barry · Married on 07/20/2013

Mike is the best of the best! From the initial engagement to bringing down the house at our wedding venue, we can't thank him enough for a job well done. Our initial conversation with Mike made us feel like we were in good hands, as we worked through a schedule and drew upon his prior wedding experience. In some ways when you hire Mike, you're also hiring a wedding planner because he makes everything seemless the day of. He coordinated very well with our other vendors, was very appropriate in the introductions and spoken comments during our dinner and toasts. Where the real value came from, though, was during our open dancing. Mike has a real talent for reading the crowd, playing appropriate music, and making sure everyone gets on the dance floor from young to old. In addition, Mike is a really pleasant guy is proactive with the planning process, and, as was mentioned before, makes your life easier in the months leading up to your wedding. If you hire him, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Music was always our big priority for our wedding and so Mike was the first vendor we booked. From our first meeting, he put us at ease with his ability to handle the difficult layout of our venue (several small dining rooms versus one big room) and his confidence in being able to keep all generations on the dance floor all night. Mike did not disappoint! We met with him several times leading up to the wedding, including a walk through at our venue so that he could better understand the tricky layout. In every meeting, he took notes and was very attentive and thorough to our specific wants. He even provided us with professional forms that help with the planning process and ensure we are on the same page with him. He is very experienced and often serves as the emcee to keep events on time if there is not an on-site planner or coordinator. We had a day of coordinator but we would have felt comfortable having just Mike keep the evening running smoothly and on time.

We also trusted him a great deal and did not restrict or over-prescribe the music selection. I am happy to report that our wedding reception was the most fun never-ending dance party I have ever been to! Mike handled our ceremony music and amplified us for the exchange of vows, he handled the toasts, dinner music and reception dance music and all four events were in four separate parts of the venue! Guests still talk about how great our DJ was and our video footage proves his skill as we have every generation on the dance floor consistently. He kept our wedding night lively and crazy fun. We cannot recommend him enough to future couples.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2013

We told Mike at the beginning of our time working together that for us, the music was the most important part of the night, that it needed to be perfect, and he delivered and then some.
    From our first meeting with Mike to the day of the wedding, he was completely committed to ensuring that the night went exactly the way we wanted it to go. He helped us map out a timeline for the ceremony and reception and he sent us song samples based on our taste in music to help us narrow down the songs we wanted played for the key moments in the evening. Mike answered every email and every phone call very quickly, and more often then not the communication was prompted by him to make sure everything was on track. Even though he had other events taking place leading up to our wedding, we felt we had his complete attention. The planning leading up to the wedding was made very easy because of his flexibility and his suggestions based on the experience he has with weddings.
    The day of the wedding, Mike was flawless. Everything was set up well in advance. He played the music at the ceremony for us, and the timing was perfect.
    The reception was amazing. Mike played his own mixes based on the style of music we liked and based on the energy of the crowd. Friends and relatives who we have never seen dance before were on the dance floor. There were several songs in which not a single person was sitting down. Our guests commented on the positive energy of the night, and how that was in large part based on the music that was played and the amount of fun being had on the dance floor. The way that he blends from one song to the next is phenomenal. After the event, friends were saying that we had won the "best music at a wedding award". That was all due to Mike!!!
    He kept the night flowing for us. We didn't have to worry about a thing. When it was time to dance he came and got us. When it was time for a speech he arranged it. I cannot say enough about how wonderful he was!

Sent on 07/26/2013