Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting Reviews

156 | Rockville, MD

156 Reviews for Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting

Lisa · Married on 03/31/2017

Mike was an AMAZING DJ for our 3-31-17 wedding! We couldn't have asked for anyone better. One of the most nerve wrecking parts of wedding planning is picking a DJ but I promise you, if you choose Mike, you will feel nothing but confidence and happiness! He was with us every step of the way and even had a timeline of the nights events which was an incredible relief for me as a stressed out bride. Pick Mike - you won't regret it!!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Jeannie · Married on 11/11/2016

Hands down the BEST wedding DJ in the DMV. Our wedding venue, the Kimpton Morrison House, recommended him since he is familiar with the space and is so experienced. DJ Mike is the best wedding DJ out there and definitely worth every penny! He is very professional and takes pride in his trade. He made a detailed timeline and basically ran the event. Because DJ mike was organized and professional, I did not need to hire a separate wedding planner/coordinator. I had a small wedding with 55 guests and initially had a fear that my reception would be boring or that people would not dance. EVERYBODY danced.. the whole night. Ermahgawd- It was so much fun! We decided to get the uplighting for the ceremony and reception- it was totally worth the cost. The ceremony uplighting was soft natural light that set a classy ambiance without the need for any other pricey decorations. The uplighting for the dinner was also soft and natural (candlelight). Then once it was time for dancing, the lighting changed and it was like a night club the rest of the evening. So many of my guests said they loved the DJ and had so much fun dancing! We definitely created some unforgettable memories thanks to DJ Mike!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Mike Blaufeld Boutique DJ Services & Uplighting's reply:

Jeannie-You and Chris were such a pleasure to work with! Your wedding was amazing! I am so glad everything went so well. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this wonderful review. Best wishes in your future together.

DJ Mike
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I loved working with our DJ, Mike. He was very personable and easy to work with through the whole process. We first spoke on the phone about the venue and type of music that we liked. We then met in person to go over song choices and wedding details. He provided all of the mics and equipment for our ceremony and then played all of our music choices for our reception. He kept our guests dancing the whole time and we are so happy we had Mike for our wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Mike was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. He was kind, professional, and extremely helpful during the process of planning our wedding. You can tell that he is very passionate about what he does, which is always great to see. The dance floor at our wedding was packed the entire time and everybody was raving about how much they enjoyed the music. He also offered up lighting services which add a really nice touch! Go with Mike if you're in need of a DJ and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kassi · Married on 08/20/2016

There's a reason DJ Mike has 5 stars--he is the best! I was looking for an independent DJ, I didn't want to go with a company and have someone randomly assigned to me. I knew from the first conversation that Mike was the perfect fit for the type of party I wanted. He was always responsive, and sat down with my fiance and I to plan out the timeline and go over the songs we wanted to hear. He did a great job of playing softer music for cocktail hour and dinner and then building up to dance music. There was never a moment where people were not dancing. He mixed in Unchained Melody, and it was so touching to see some of the older relatives dancing with their spouses like they were teenagers. Go with DJ Mike, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

My fiancé and I booked Mike as the D.J. for our wedding this past July 16th. From the minute that we met with him in the summer of 2015, we knew that we'd made the perfect choice. Throughout our wedding planning, Mike was consistently the most organized and responsive of all of my vendors. No stone was left unturned in our pre-wedding meetings and he helped us to remember to discuss every possible detail related to our ceremony music, the reception timeline, and the reception music.

On the day of the wedding itself, Mike arrived and set up early, was ready to consult with our officiant and our readers, and was in the right place at the right time throughout the entire event. (It helped tremendously that he'd worked with our officiant and photographers before!) A microphone was seamlessly available whenever it was needed and he worked perfectly with my day-of coordinator to make sure that the events of the evening transitioned smoothly.

Last but certainly not least, Mike completely understood what we and our guests wanted in terms of music. He paid attention to what got people on the floor and was respectful of our Please Play and our Please Don't Play list. His expertise ensured that the evening was a complete success and a party to remember. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/02/2016

From the initial conversation with Mike, I knew he was the wedding DJ for my husband and I! From the very start, he was very efficient, responsive and gave recommendations/suggestions as needed. That was SUPER helpful and made the whole process easier and stress free. Not to mention he has a great personality and really strives to create the atmosphere that we desired on such an important day. And that he did!
    We used Mike's services for both the ceremony music and reception music. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and he did a wonderful job incorporating our music choices and it really set the tone. As far as the reception went, he truly knew how to engage the crowd and kept the party going all night. He was also on top of our timeline and would approach my husband and I when it was time for the next event. That was so helpful as it was so easy to lose track of time with all the excitement.
    My husband, guests and I all had a blast and will truly never forget such a special day. I could not recommend Mike's services enough!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Alexa · Married on 05/28/2016

Amazing! I was a very needy bride and he would answer every email and phone call immediately. He made me feel so ready and confident in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Our wedding was SO MUCH FUN! Everyone was up and dancing the entire time. So many people during and after the wedding told us how much they loved the music and enjoyed themselves. Mike is the best!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Julie · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was outstanding. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have had Mike at our wedding. We are pretty simple people and didn't want to over splurge on anything, but we knew that the the DJ can seriously make or break a wedding. After reading previous reviews and meeting with mike we felt confident in hiring him. We didn't know just how awesome he would make our wedding day. We have received countless comments on how awesome the day was with a great tribute to the DJ. Most of the night, literally everybody (4 years old to 85) were dancing on the floor. It was incredible. Not only did he help by being an incredible DJ, but he also helped to coordinate our day, came to a venue appointment with us to check out the space (which we felt was above and beyond anything we expected), and gave us great advice throughout planning. Thank you, Mike! You will forever hold a place in our hearts!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Maria · Married on 05/07/2016

When my husband and I were searching for a DJ for our wedding reception this May, my husband found Mike Blaufeld online on Wedding Wire. He was exceptionally professional, kind, and prompt with email responses. He met in person twice with us, once to discuss what he was able to do for us, and once we chose him, a second time to figure out the details for the reception. He did a wonderful job with the uplighting and the music at the reception. The dance floor was full of happy guests all the way to the end of the reception. He truly can read a crowd well and made our night magical! Thank you for everything, Mike! We appreciate everything you did to make our day a phenomenal experience!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Tim · Married on 04/29/2016

Mike was beyond great. He made our daughter and her future husband feel like the most important people he has ever worked with. Mike was professional and the day of the event went off like clockwork. He set the right mood and kept people on the dance floor all night long. I would highly recommend Mike for any wedding in the dc area. What a great part to the wedding.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Mike was the glue that held our wedding together all night long! Mike was the best choice for us - he was so organized, super friendly, and on top of everything. I met with him several times and he was in constant communication with me regarding the wedding. The night of, Mike did not only act as our DJ, he helped us with any issues we had with our venue, the staff, and the timeline. He checked in with us several times throughout the night. We felt very well taken care of. Furthermore, Mike's music mix was perfection! He played all of the songs I had requested and added in many, many more that fit with our "vision!" I have never seen a wedding where every single guest was on the dance floor the entire evening. His professionalism, positive energy, and enthusiasm was the perfect choice for our wedding!

Sent on 04/19/2016

David · Married on 04/09/2016

DJ Mike was worth every penny! We wanted a DJ that knows what they are doing and can read a crowd appropriately. He promised us he would keep the dance floor packed and he delivered! (We had a 5 hour reception and at no point was the dance floor empty). DJ Mike is very professional and really knows what he is doing. He kept the timeline of our reception in perfect check. The up lighting he provided at our venue and his sound system were great! Throughout all of our interactions with Mike he left us with no worries at all about what he would provide and that it would be great. He will take you through the entire reception timeline and make sure he understands what you want and how it should flow. He knows weddings well and can provide advice when you need it. We highly recommend Mike if you want to pick a DJ and not have to worry about what you will get!

Sent on 05/03/2016
  • User6230760 · event on: 01/16/2016

Mike Blaufeld was worth every penny for the DJ service he provided for my fiance's 50th birthday party. Under his skilled hands the dance floor was, literally, never empty (in a crowd that ranged from 30s-80s). Guests had nothing but compliments, and plenty of them, for Mike. We will be using him again for our upcoming wedding.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/07/2015

DJ Mike is a true professional and a class act. Mike’s experience shows when it comes to making music match our wedding and he ensured that the schedule moved along smoothly. During the planning process he made it stress-free, meeting with us to coordinate everything and providing planning sheets that made it all easy. During the wedding, he was easily able to accommodate our requests while also seamlessly keeping great dance music going. He checked in with us throughout the night in case we had any changes or requests, so we were always confident that he was on top of things. Working with him was hassle-free and his feedback about our plans led to a better wedding for our guests. The music at our wedding was one of the most important factors for us and we couldn't have been happier - plus we got several compliments from guests!
    * Plus, use DJ Mike's uplighting! It was perfect and beautiful for our event at a reasonable price for the quality. It was so convenient to have him for both lighting and music.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Mary · Married on 11/01/2015

From the start, Mike was on top of every detail and followed up on each request within hours if not minutes. He was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend him for your wedding or event. Five stars all the way around. He kept our guests up and dancing - everyone had a fantastic evening and Mike was a big part of it!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Peter · Married on 10/24/2015

Mike's reviews here are all true. He was awesome, very attentive and truly seemed to care about our wedding. When we first met with Mike, he told us he did this for a living and promised if we went with him he would make it a night to remember. He far surpassed our expectations. It was a killer dance party, Mike read the crowd perfectly. He checked on us several times throughout the day, but was never annoying about it. He handled last minute changes and minor incidents like a pro. I actually felt bad I wasn't able to high five him before my bride and I ran off to our limo. If you hire Mike as your DJ you will not be disappointed. I'm sad the party is over!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Mike was awesome and really fun to work with. My fiance and I met with him twice before the wedding and I spoke to him on the phone several times. He had great ideas and suggestions and actually seemed to enjoy the planning process as much as I did. He put together a timeline for us for the wedding day and then basically ran the show. I didn't have to worry for a second about the flow of events on the day of the wedding. He played great music that was fun to dance to and appropriate for the event. At the end of the wedding I was actually kind of sad to say good bye because he had been so great throughout the entire experience! I cannot say enough good things about Mike and his services and would highly highly HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

What can I say about Mike Blaufeld - he is simply the BEST! DJ was probably the most challenging vendor for us to nail down. Our wedding was slightly complicated because we needed a DJ for both the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception (torpedo factory in old town) and while the locations were close, it still meant a lot of logistical coordination in getting equipment where it needed to be at the right time. Some DJs were afraid of this, others wanted to charge us an arm and a leg, and some were just unreliable when we talked to them. Then we met Mike and it all changed. He was responsive and professional from the start and gave us confidence that he could do the job and do it well. He gave us lots of suggestions for the ceremony and how to do those songs - which were really helpful. He also took time to get to know us and what type of music we wanted for the wedding reception. He totally understood our vibe and because of that, we made very few specific song requests and just let him run the show. Mike told us that we pack the dancefloor all night and boy did he deliver. After the father daughter and mother son dances, the dance floor opened and people never left. Mike got everyone dancing - from my 6 year old cousins to 95 year old relatives and everyone in between. He started with Motown and moved up to more recent hits from the last 15 years. I barely left the dance floor because I loved every song so much. We even closed night with shout (typically a song played to get people on the dance floor) because everyone was having so much fun. Picking Mike as a DJ was one of our best vendor decisions and I recommend him highly!

Sent on 12/24/2015

Eric · Married on 10/03/2015

We were recommended DJ Mike's services through a friend who had recently gotten married herself. It was the perfect selection. The first thing Mike promised was that his skills at sound looping and feeling the crowd's energy would ensure that he kept the party going the entire evening. And he wasn't wrong - our guests could not stop talking about the show/party Mike put on! People never stopped dancing as Mike churned out and connected hit after hit. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud were on their feet bustin' a move. A close friend who only sort-of likes to dance would comment, "OK, I'll take a break after this song is over." And then the next song would start and my friend would be jumping up and down yelling, "THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!!" In short DJ Mike knows how to keep a crowd going.

On top of that, Mike is just a super personable guy who respected every single song request we had while suggesting great numbers for any other moments we needed, including cake cutting and dinner music. He's extremely organized and worked well with our wedding planner, Susan Smith. He's responsive on email and phone and was willing to travel to see our venue. In short, Mike's value and pricing cannot be beat. He is worth every penny. Could not recommend him more - YOU MUST HIRE DJ MIKE.

Sent on 11/21/2015
  • Joshua

Joshua · Married on 10/02/2015

Mike was so great to work with. Professional, prompt, engaging, and FUN (which was so important to us!) Mike did the music for our ceremony and reception as well as provided up-lighting. We provided all of our songs in advance and Mike was able to capture every song we requested. He was extremely responsive via email and phone and was willing to meet in person whenever we requested. During our wedding he kept the dance floor packed all night. He was able to transition songs without stopping which, in our opinion, kept people on the dance floor longer since there were no awkward pauses. Everyone at our reception commented on what a great DJ we booked, and we have to agree.

As for the uplighting, the room looked amazing.

Thanks for everything DJ Mike!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Mike was the DJ for our daughter's wedding on 22 Aug 2015. We have nothing but superlatives to say about Mike Blaufeld. Mike was professional, organized, prepared and a pleasure to work with. He accommodated our music requests up to the last minute. The wedding was a great party in large thanks to Mike's selection of music. Although we gave him the types of music we liked, he was able to expertly read the crowd and adapt to their likes. We didn't need tables or chairs, because everyone was on the dance floor all night. If anything, we needed a larger dance floor, all thanks to Mike and his expert selection of music. We would highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a DJ. Parents of the Bride.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Mike Blaufeld was referred to us as a preferred vendor from the event director at our wedding reception venue. We contracted with Mike several months in advance of our wedding on 08/01/15. Mike spent a considerable amount of time answering many questions about his boutique DJ services. We hired Mike because he is an independent DJ, and we knew from our first contact we were dealing with a professional DJ service. Mike met with the bride and groom a couple of times before the wedding day to be certain he captured all the music they wanted for their wedding reception. The dance floor was packed the entire evening. Several guests commented on the great choice of music Mike selected. Mike's quality of service is top-notch. We highly recommend his services for a wedding reception or any other event that DJ services would be needed. Our hats are off to Mike for providing great music during the entire wedding reception.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

We were struck when we first were looking for a DJ by how many positive reviews Mike has on so many wedding websites. Those reviews are well deserved! Mike is such a professional. When you talk to him, he clearly takes so much pride in his work. We are convinced that nobody will work harder to make your wedding special and FUN. One thing that Mike prides himself on is being able to "read the room" when it's time to dance. While we did have specific songs we wanted for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and first dance, we completely trusted him to choose the music to get our guests out on the dance floor and keep them there. He absolutely delivered. Guests who were usually reluctant to dance at all ended up dancing the entire night. Our advice is that if you hire Mike (which you definitely should), trust him to know what music to play when it is time to dance. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Stephen · Married on 05/17/2015

When looking for DJ's we wanted someone we could work with as we did not have that strong an opinion on what music should be played only that we wanted a good mix for our guests. From the moment we met Mike he was great to work with, helping us to produce a time line for out event, helping us to choose and coordinate songs for first dances and coordinating announcements for speeches. The music he played at the reception was perfect for our guests and we received many complements about it on the day.

Stephen and Sarah Rayel