61 Reviews for Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria

Cocktail Hour (2)
Learn New Songs (2)
Reception (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Miguel de Maria for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! Miguel is friendly, professional, and responsive, and wildly talented. His beautiful Spanish guitar added such a special, romantic touch to our wedding. I highly recommend Elegant Spanish Guitar to all and for any type of event (especially a wedding).

Profile Picture Kira, 3/30/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Solo

We are so glad we hired Miguel to play during guests' arrival, our ceremony and the cocktail hour that followed. He learned the song we specially requested for the ceremony and played it beautifully. His cocktail hour songs were the perfect complement and helped set the tone. His rates were fair and he is just a genuinely good and easygoing person who was easy to work with during the stressful planning phase. We cannot recommend Miguel highly enough.

Profile Picture Jason, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel recently played during the ceremony and cocktail hour at my wedding at the Royal Palms. From the very start, Miguel was responsive, professional, and extremely talented. He was so easy to work with, and added such a special touch to my wedding day! His music is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much Miguel for being apart of my wedding day!

Profile Picture Emmy, 10/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel was wonderful to work with - going above and beyond to meet our needs. He was very accommodating agreeing to learn new songs, without hesitation. He even agreed to sing one of the songs, even though he doesn't generally sing.

His music was perfect for our wedding and we were very happy with the service he provided. We would recommend him to anyone else who was looking for a Spanish guitar player for their wedding or event.

Thanks, Miguel. We are very happy we selected you for our wedding.

Shelley & Marty

Profile Picture Shelley, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Miguel made our wedding even more enjoyable. He was professional, helpful, timely, and well worth the money. I highly recommend him for any event. Thanks Miguel!

Profile Picture Brent, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel was great, very polished touch to our wedding ceremony and reception at the Montelucia! Easy to work with and very talented. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. Our guests thought he looked cool too:)

Profile Picture Nina, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel was great during our multicultural wedding ceremony and did sound for your family who sang and played the guitar. 5 stars!

Profile Picture Monique, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel was AMAZING. He is such a talented musician. He did all of the ceremonial music, which was beautiful. He also did the cocktail hour music. It was SO entertaining and impressive. I am so glad I chose him.

Profile Picture erin, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was wonderful to work with, quickly responds to questions, and is so talented! You will not regret having him play at your wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Miguel for our ceremony and cocktail hour entertainment. He was very easy to work with, he was responsive, punctual, professional, and (most of importantly) played beautifully. It was also a cold and almost rainy day for a wedding, but he came prepared for that as well! If you are looking for a guitarist, Miguel is your man!

Profile Picture User7864045, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Miguel was amazing and everyone loved him. It was so nice to work with him. I live in another country and he made it so easy to plan for the music and when the big day finally arrived I knew it was going to be perfect. He was really helpful in figuring out music choices and was able to play my favorite song when I walked down the aisle. I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Alissa, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel played our event at The Wright House in Mesa, AZ in October 2016. Our entire experience (from booking, to billing, to communication, to the event performace) was top notch. He played Spanish Guitar for our garden party event and was the highlight to our elegant evening. Miguel understood crowd demeanor and event-flow cues without me having to instruct him, knowing exactly when to break for toasts, speeches, and presentations seamlessly. I can't wait to have him at another event because the background ambiance he provided elevated our event, helping make it the talk of the town.

Profile Picture Stacey, 10/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can’t say enough great things about Miguel. We got married in Desert Mountain in Scottsdale and their event people highly recommended him. I live in Colorado so I wasn’t able to meet him but he was always very responsive, sent me some samples of his music and I was sold!- We chose what we wanted him to play for different parts of the ceremony, cocktail hour and part of the dinner. All our guests were wowed! I can’t thank him enough for being such a professional and for making our wedding such a special, fun and elegant event.

Profile Picture wendy, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception

My dream was to have live music played prior to the wedding ceremony and during the reception. Miguel was perfect. He is so talented and professional. He quickly responds to any questions that you might have. He arrives early and is a joy to work with. He created such an elegant atmosphere with his music I had wanted a certain song played that wasn't in Miguel's repertoire and that he likes several weeks to learn it. With only a weeks notice, Miguel played our song as we were pronounced husband and wife! What a gift! All our guests were very impressed with him. He is a gem.

Profile Picture Cathy, 12/19/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Guitar, Ceremony, Learn New Songs, Reception

Miguel provided the ceremony music for our December 5, 2015 wedding at The Hermosa Inn. From our first contact, Miguel was a delight to work with and he even learned a few special songs for us! On the day of our wedding, Miguel was prompt on arrival and his music was beautiful!! We would highly recommend Miguel for any event.

Profile Picture User6111992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Learn New Songs, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo

Miguel plays Beautiful music and is very Talented! He is so nice to work with. He really added a special touch to our wedding and we would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a guitar player. Thank you Miguel!!

Profile Picture Kelsy, 11/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel is absolutely fantastic! We hired him to play for our rehearsal dinner and are so glad we did. He is extremely professional, emails back quickly and is very flexible. He is also extremely talented. We will hire Miguel at all future parties we host and would recommend him to absolutely everyone!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Rehearsal Dinner

Miguel was great. He provided the music for our brunch reception and he created the perfect ambiance. I would recommend Miguel to anyone who wants sophisticated, professional and beautiful guitar music for any event!

Profile Picture Keiya, 4/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Miguel did a fantastic job at our wedding and was great to communicate with beforehand. I didn't even meet him in person or hear him play until the wedding day, and he was as perfect as I hoped he would be. My only regret is not being able to listen more to him during cocktail hour (I was off doing photos)! Beautiful music and knows what he's doing.

Profile Picture Mary, 3/22/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

This review is a long time coming. Miguel provided music back in February for an 80th birthday party we held for my Mother-in-Law in Sun City Az. Miguel is the consummate professional - answers inquiries fast, reasonable prices, shows up on time, dresses superbly, is courteous, and above all else is an excellent musician. We ended up purchasing one of his CD's for my Mother-in-Law who in turn bought me a CD from Miguel's web site for my last birthday! If you're on the fence about hiring him do not hesitate!

Profile Picture User5399481, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel was a dream to work with. He set the perfect stage for our intimate, chic wedding. We personalized our song list, choosing from his extensive selection, and requested a song of our choice, accompanied by a singer, to walk down the aisle. He was incredibly flexible, walked us through every detail and was a true professional. We would recommend Miguel for any occasion and our guests truly enjoyed his service and talents.

Profile Picture Megan , 4/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel added such a beautiful touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour! We had so many compliments on the music and the unique aspect of having the spanish quitar instead of something else. Miguel was friendly, well priced and very easy to work with, he even learned 2 new songs at our request! I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Annette , 11/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Miguel provided beautiful music for both our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Obviously he plays Spanish guitar beautifully -- I even purchased one of his CDs months ahead of time to play as background music at the bridal shower, etc. His professionalism was truly appreciated; each phone call/email were a breeze.
In terms of "flexibility," we basically had to tell him that we didn't know if he would be playing inside/outside, what would be available to him or anything else that he may have wanted to know ahead of time because the days leading up to our wedding were full of rain. We were moving on to "plan D" the morning of the wedding. Miguel told us not to worry and he made it work when he got there that day.
Miguel was never a vendor that we had to worry about. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for classy, professional, quality entertainment. Having him play at our wedding was very special to us and we only wish that we had gotten to sit down during cocktail hour to listen to him more ourselves!

Profile Picture Casey, 11/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Miguel to perform during our rehearsal dinner, and he was absolutely exceptional. He set the mood, and provided the perfect background music. He is a true professional and a wonderful musician. His album is also great, and it is in constant rotation in our home. We definitely recommend Miguel for any occasion!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/2/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

All I can say is that he was amazing! He was so easy to work with and very professional! If you are looking for a Spanish Guitarist he's your man!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/30/13, 5 Reviews