Mid-America Club Reviews

1 User photo

• Stephanie
    Stephanie T. Married on 05/28/2022

The best venue!

What an incredible venue! I was so sad to hear that they would be officially closing in June 2022. Given Mid America Club is part of ClubCorp and the staff will be moving over to their other city location, The Metropolitan in the Sears Tower (sorry, native Chicagoan here), I wanted to leave a well-deserved review. First of all, the view is spectacular. It is on the 80th floor of the Aon Building and has floor-to-ceiling windows. The space was large enough for our 200+ party and we had the entire 80th floor to ourselves that night. The food was incredible. Yes, wedding food! The food at the cocktail hour was delicious as was the plated dinner. The venue helped us put together a remarkable cocktail hour, with passed hors d’oeuvres and stations which represented different neighborhoods in Chicago – the Pilsen Station with tacos, empanadas, and guacamole and chips; Little Italy with pasta and chicken vesuvio; and Wrigleyville with sliders, Chicago style hot dogs, pretzels with beer cheese, and chicken fingers. They also offered expanded dessert options (brownie ice cream sundae bar) and a late-night snack of our favorite deep-dish pizza. The planners at Mid America Club are professional, detail oriented, and went above and beyond to ensure we had the best day ever! We worked with Samantha (who has since left) and Gina who perfectly executed every single detail on our wedding day. The staff at Mid America know how to pull off an excellent wedding! I am confident they will be able to plan the same experience for other couples who choose their other venues!
    Becca K. Married on 08/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic Staff and Experience!

I was the wedding coordinator for a wedding that was affected by COVID. From start to finish the Mid-America Club was overly accommodating and helped us actually cater out to a private location that allowed groups at the time. That staff that arrived was so friendly and made the night absolutely perfect. The Staff actually helped me complete decorating and gave their expert input (which was so appreciated) and really went above and beyond to make the reception an absolute hit! We worked especially with Gina Trombetti who was extremely accommodating. The Mid-America Club staff truly are event experts and do everything in their power to make your wedding an absolute success. I highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Miranda
    Miranda B. Married on 09/05/2020

Breath taking

The best location for a Chicago wedding!!
    Marisela Married on 11/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Reception Ever!

Gina and her team were amazing! We were planning the wedding from out of state, and Gina always had great communication with us and ensured everything came out perfect. The venue is absolutely stunning, photos don’t do it justice. Food was superb, every detail was perfect. All our family and friends said it was the best wedding they've been too. Highly recommend!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa C. Married on 05/25/2019

Best Decision for Our Day

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. From the moment we walked into visit while researching venues to the second the lights came on at our wedding every was fun and easy and so well done. Being on the 80th floor of the Aon Center is incredible in itself but what really stood out was our event director Sam who was genuinely excited for our special day. She answered every email, helped us think through all our options and was accommodating with our special requests as we worked through a multi cultural wedding. People are still talking about the food! Having an extremely well trained chef cooking everything right before it goes out made ALL the difference. We would redo this day 10 times over if we could. Everything was amazing.
    Mara Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    To start off, the views at the Mid-America Club are like no other view in all of Chicago! It's absolutely gorgeous and you and your guests will spend at least a bit of the night staring out at them. The staff, starting with the coordinator and going all the way to the waiters, chefs, and bar tenders were all spectacular! They truly take care of every possible detail to make your day the best you could ever have. Want an exquisite wedding? Start with a venue like no other!
    Andrew Married on 09/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Absolute dream come true venue! My husband and I were married earlier this month at the Mid-America Club and our wedding was stellar on every possible level. The location and venue views are unbeatable, and best of all their staff are incredible experts in wedding planning. We worked with Sam M. who was a godsend -- fantastic attention to detail, a consummate professional, and amazing day-of planning expertise. Sam was so accessible in the year and months leading up -- we had multiple phone calls and in-person meetings, and the Club makes this as easy as possible by essentially providing a wedding planner with the venue. Honestly our wedding day was a breeze with zero hiccups thanks to Sam and her staff. The MAC exceeded expectations time and time again throughout our planning process, and the day-of WOW factor is sure to be a serious hit with your guests. No better wedding venue in Chicago!!
    Michelle Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't say enough positive things about our experience with MAC and our coordinator, Gina. Gina:"Don't hire a day-of coordinator - I've got you covered" --and indeed she did. Our experience here was great, from the first meeting, all the way through to the days after, when she made sure we had all of our left-behind items in hand. The wedding was beautiful and everything went smoothly. The food was great and everyone was talking about it! And the staff--they were amazing, too. They went above and beyond the entire day to make sure everyone was comfortable, fulfilling every request from any of our guests. They even helped us get all of our flowers to the Fairmont next door that night so we could use them for brunch the next morning! Again, I can't say enough about what a great experience we had with them, and I would recommend MAC to any couple looking for a wedding venue!
  • User2354722 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had my wedding at the Mid America Club on 10/3/2015. I worked with Haley who was truly amazing. Our wedding went perfectly and we had nothing go wrong. Haley was very organized throughout the whole process which made it easy to work with. She is also so sweet. The food was fantastic. We had guests rave about the food which was important to us. We wanted a venue where the food was delicious. The views at the Mid America Club are outstanding. This was another big reason we choose it. We wanted something different than a typical hotel where our guests and us would remember forever. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Mid America Club and to work with Haley.
  • User2120700 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved my wedding ceremony and reception at the Mid-America Club. The location was very convenient, views from the venue were amazing, food was great and service was wonderful. Haley Norwood was the best wedding coordinator ever. The venue handled all the details of the event and took a lot of my stress away. During the wedding everything went smoothly and I was very pleased with my choice.
  • User1231961 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Mid America Club is the dream wedding reception venue. Located on the 80th floor of the Aon building in downtown Chicago, the views of the city are truly unique and memorable for all of your guests. The staff is exceptional and extremely helpful. Each guest will receive an amazing gourmet experience from appetizers to dessert and the menu options are endless! My husband and I will never forget our wedding reception; it was the greatest night of our lives.
    Roshelle Married on 08/17/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't get over how great this venue was! The food was amazing, the staff delightful, classy, and incredibly helpful- and the views were AWESOME. Chef David was the rave of the evening- every guest loved our food! All we heard about was how great the views & the food were. Best decision we ever made.
    Liz Married on 11/05/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We originally booked with the MAC for our reception because it is the ultimate city venue and the service won us over from the very begin. They were forthcoming with their information/guides, but also very willing to listen to your ideas and find a way to make them work. The service from the first email/meeting with Kelly Rehmer was impeccable - and the reason we ended up signing. You would be surprised how many vendors/venues in the city are not as warm when you are there to meet with them about spending money with them! The timing on responses was great and detailed. I definitely felt like I had a partner in the planning with Kelly, and a wedding planner included in the package. She is great at working with the other vendors so you don't have to manage every last detail. I dropped off a lot of instructions and I'm sure drove them crazy, but day of, everything was in place just as I had wanted. Not a single thing was missed. You definitely felt like you didn't have to worry about anything. The entire staff is professional and efficient - it was unbelievable that you felt like you got the service of a top Chicago dining experience even though there were over 200 guests versus 5 at your table. A number of guests commented (voluntarily) on the service. Also, the food was flawless and we believe the guests compliments because there were a ton of scrapped clean plates. We even heard that the steaks were better than a Chicago chophouse. We didn't go 1 second without getting something we needed, or being provided something we didn't even ask for, but were so happy to get. Yet at the same time, the staff was such an efficient machine, you hardly noticed them during speeches, etc. They even left our cake slices out, knowing that the bride and groom rarely get back to their seat right away. If you don't believe us, you will after just going to see "the view from the 80th floor" which is perfect in any weather. Amazing experience, highly recommended....
    Erin Married on 09/10/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at the MAC on 9-10-11 and it was absolutely *breathtaking*! The whole experience in dealing with the MAC, and in particular Emily Larson, was an exceptional pleasure, and our wedding ceremony and reception were beyond beautiful.

From the moment we booked the MAC, Emily was incredibly helpful and interested in making our special day *perfect*. She was attentive to my email questions, and on several occasions, she invited me up to see other weddings that were set up to get an idea of how things would be set up, including the tables, the cake, the cocktail room, etc. Emily coached me through wedding planning and had very helpful suggestions.

As we got closer to the time, Emily dealt directly with my vendors so I didn't have to worry about their load-in and other logistics. On the day of, everything magically appeared in its proper place, thanks in large part to Emily behind the scenes. Two days before our wedding, my mom and I dropped off several boxes of stuff and Emily listened attentively while my mom rattled off instructions. Better yet, all of the stuff my mom had put so much time and effort into (like our menus, candy table, and custom card box) was executed with perfection. With so many moving parts, it's amazing how everything came together.

On the actual day of our wedding, we had our ceremony in the afternoon. The bridal party was separated in two different rooms across the building where we all got ready and took pictures. Emily lined everyone up for the ceremony and made me feel totally comfortable because she had everything under control.

Our ceremony room was so beautiful. The chairs were covered and faced the window, so our ceremony was filled with heaping sunlight. It was warm, uplifting and inviting.

The great thing about the MAC is that it's centrally located to so many *fabulous* photo opportunities. We took photos at Millennium Park and on Michigan Avenue, and we saved some cash because we didn't need to rent a trolley.

Our cocktail hour occurred during sunset which was romantic. We had a photo slide show playing during that time and the drinks were flowing. No one had to wait in line at the bar and there was plenty of room.

Our reception started at 7pm and all four ballrooms were used. I was absolutely floored when we walked in to the reception area -- it was stunning, and far surpassed any of my expectations.

Overall, working with the MAC and especially Emily Larson was a complete and absolute pleasure. I so appreciate their attention to detail, their incredible service, and their amazing venue.

If you are looking for a venue for your wedding downtown, make sure you view the space at the MAC. By the time we had our appointment, we had looked at several other downtown venues but the MAC absolutely blew us away, and it will do the same for you.

The Mid-America Club and Emily Larsen can be contacted at Emily.Larson@ourclub.com
    Megan Married on 07/05/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Mid-America Club this July and we can't say enough good things about the venue. Our guests were raving about the views, the food, and the service. We had about 210 guests in the main ballroom, and used the rooms in the northwest corner for cocktail hour, all of the rooms and decor were beautiful. They did a great job of working with us through all of the details during planning, we worked mainly with Kassondra who was extremely professional and detail-oriented. Additionally, the other vendors that we used (day-of wedding coordinator, DJ) had great things to say about working with Kassondra and Mid-America. I think I was most impressed with their attention to detail - for instance, they were awesome about accommodating food allergies and had some really great options for kids food since we have big families with a lot of kids between 6-18. Also, since we were there in July and had a Saturday wedding we had the benefit of seeing the Navy Pier fireworks, which our guests were really impressed with. Honestly we had the best night and I can't think of a single complaint.
    Terri Married on 11/10/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Loved the Mid-America Club. The venue was chic with spectacular city views. The staff was very responsive and the chef and his crew put together very nice meal options. The service was excellent. Was sooooo pleased.
  • Y
    Youngen Married on 08/18/2012
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful reception venue and pleasant staff to work with. The food was delicious and we had several comments from our guests on how great the venue was. You will not be disappointed.
    Cee R. Married on 02/21/2015
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The people at the Mid America Club were EXTREMELY helpful in making sure we stayed within budget, but not taking away from what was needed for our event. We cant thank them enough for what they have done for us.
  • User1585904 2+ years ago
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Beautiful venue with a beautiful view. Emily Larson was wonderful and very flexible. She made my experience very memorable
    Julia Married on 12/16/2017
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved the MAC and the planning process. The team worked well and answered all of our questions. They catered to our VIP guests and kept the night moving! On the day of the wedding we had some issues such as the pedway not being open earlier in the night for our younger guests. This was really the fault of Aon security, not MAC, and MAC refunded the money we were charged. We had a few other minor issues which MAC responded to above and beyond.
  • Chelly55
    Chelsea Married on 06/01/2019
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    THEY WERE VERY NIICE ,EVERYTHING WAS RIGHT AND I JUST LOVED IT THEY MADE ME THE HAPPIEST BRIDE EVERY.
    Lana Married on 08/19/2019
    3.9 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
    Overall I had a great experience
    Elena Married on 07/24/2004
    3.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The main reason to go with this venue is the view and the ample space they provide for your event. We basically had the whole floor to ourselves and they were very accomodating to our requests for extra time and additional food service after the reception. In addition, they provide a full tasting of their menu and wedding cake, as well as allow you to provide choice of main course to your guests.
    The cons were that you had to stay on top of them in certain respects. Even though our main contact was very helpful and professional, he wasn't there during the entire event and the people left in charge forgot to bring out the desert platters we ordered. Also discuss the issue with building security up front. They charged us security fee, but then wouldn't even let us take pictures inside the lobby.
    Overall, the view, the quality of the food and the impression it left on our guests was very positive, so in retospect we would recommend this place.
    Lindsay Married on 10/16/2010
    3.6 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    I had my wedding here in the fall of 2010 and it was a fantastic venue in terms of the view and food. The ballroom is surrounded by windows with views of all of Chicago from 80 floors up - something most guests had never experienced and were in awe of. The food was outstanding, much better quality than you would expect from "wedding food". The service and responsiveness from the event coordinator was lacking at times, but we got through it and in the end were happy with our decision to have our reception here.
illustration stars